Author Topic: Day of Health Care Vote: Rep. Weiner: "I feel like Mussolini now!"  (Read 317 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Rep. Weiner: 'I feel like Mussolini now!'
By Kerry Picket on March 22, 2010 into Water Cooler
www.washingtontimes.com

________________________ ________________________

Congressman Anthony Weiner, a New York Democrat, made an odd declaration on Sunday, when his Republican colleagues went outside to greet the health care bill protesters at the Capitol, reported the Washington Post:

First Reps. Buck McKeon  (Calif.), Rob Bishop (Utah) and Mike Turner (Ohio) came out waving signs saying "KILL THE BILL." The crowd went wild. Reps. Mary Fallin (Okla.), Geoff Davis (Ky.) and Bill Posey (Fla.) held the "Don't Tread on Me" flag, and Rep. Pete Sessions (Tex.), head of the House Republicans' 2010 campaign committee, came out with half a dozen colleagues and more kill-the-bill signs. Rep. Jeff Miller (Fla.) dangled an American flag from the balcony.

"That's kind of fun," Fallin said cheerfully after a turn at riling the crowd with signs saying "No" in red letters.

Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner (N.Y.), crashing his Republican colleagues' mischief, went out on the balcony and waved. "I feel like Mussolini now!" he said as the crowd booed him.

One must wonder if Mr. Weiner was taking a shot at the protesters, or if he was thinking about the massive health care bill he was about to vote "aye" for.

________________________ ________________________ ___

One can only hope that the voters do to these politicians what the people of Italy eventually did to Mussolini.