Author Topic: The liberal mindset on healthcare  (Read 5777 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: The liberal mindset on healthcare
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »
Excellent commentary and question George.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 12:31:12 PM »
When a founding father who helped write the constitution passes into a law a mandate for private citizens to purchase insurance i can guess he figured it was constitutional.  Just as i figure Obama and his team believe it's constitutional now. 

The IRS wasn't enforcing the rules and penalties either which George has already addressed and is my main concern over the bill.  The bill was too much too fast; there are many things which could have been done first in smaller increments for healthcare reform.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »
LOL @ KC

That's the only rebuttal that matters. Pulling up an obscure law from 200+ years ago to  rationalize the unconstitutional nature of Obamacare is really grasping for straws.  Obamacare is unconstitutional precisely because it applies to everybody. The law you described only applied to shipowners (with respect to penalties) and sailors. By posting this practically ancient law to support your argument, you unintentionally demonstrated how weak your argument is.

Oh please, a mandate to buy insurance is a mandate to buy insurance.  If it's applicable to some and not unconstitutional then it can be applicable to all under the same reasoning.

Under your definition a government or state could ban all firearms because it's not unconstitutional if it only effects certain people right? 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
Oh please, a mandate to buy insurance is a mandate to buy insurance.  If it's applicable to some and not unconstitutional then it can be applicable to all under the same reasoning.

Under your definition a government or state could ban all firearms because it's not unconstitutional if it only effects certain people right? 

KC - what about a mandate to purchase firearms?   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
KC - what about a mandate to purchase firearms?   

If it was passed i don't think it would be unconstitutional. 
Abandon every hope...