Author Topic: L. Graham dropped a bombshell on Greta last night. Young people are SCREWED!  (Read 3413 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Better the government spend/invest the money into existance, and earn the interest and income these loans generate, than a private bunch of parasites/leeches who produce nothing and contribute nothing to society.

No, we are inflating the cost of an education and sticking the students with debt they wont be able to pay off to fund garbage nonsense now.  Its stealing. 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
invest the money into what???  people that are too worthless to stop fucking and having kids even though they dont ever plan on getting a job to pay for these kids,    sounds like a shitty investment if you ask me. or investing in people that cant get off the crack pipe. again not a very sound investment.  hell i would rather go to vegas and try my chances there

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
And beer money. 

Have some kids and claim they're afflicted with ADD or some other random learning disability to get some more free Govt money. :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
invest the money into what???  people that are too worthless to stop fucking and having kids even though they dont ever plan on getting a job to pay for these kids,    sounds like a shitty investment if you ask me. or investing in people that cant get off the crack pipe. again not a very sound investment.  hell i would rather go to vegas and try my chances there

I was referring to the student loans as the investment, but if you want to keep your blinders on, there's no point in trying to have any sort of discussion.
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
I was referring to the student loans as the investment, but if you want to keep your blinders on, there's no point in trying to have any sort of discussion.

I'm really surprised someone involved in business transactions can't appreciate the difference between an investment and a subsidy that guarantees lower income. Ignore that the taxpayer is screwed on both ends and graduates are indentured servants for a minute and take a longer view.... even once the loans are paid off people with degrees won't be able to find competitive salaries because so much subsidized labor is available. I'll try your old language: Why pay people when interns will do it for free? :)

If you think having no job or a salary cap is fine, that's a different story.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Jag watch this and get a clue. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Not to mention more overall dependence on the government.  Students are being conditioned to rely more on the gov as they are funding their education (and providing no incentive for colleges to cost cut).

Another problem I have with gov programs like these are that the gov does not treat people equally.  Middle income kids get screwed under the gov.  Poor kids are elligible for pell grants (expanded under this specific program) and a large # of subsidies, rich kids often have their parents help or foot the bill, the large # of middle income kids stuck with big loans to pay back. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yup.  And that is exactly how the left wants it.