Author Topic: Poll: With Passage, Health Care Reform Bill Gets 5-Point Bump Up Overnight  (Read 1109 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
As Americans are learning about reform Congress passed on Sunday night, more have signed on to the historic legislation according to a CBS poll released yesterday.

On Monday and Tuesday, CBS re-surveyed 649 people it had previously asked about the reform bill in the days before it passed and signed into law. And though most still said they were opposed to the bill, support for the reform package climbed five points as did support for the man most think are responsible for the bill's passage, President Obama.

Before the bill passed the House, the CBS poll found that 48% disapproved of Obama's reforms, while just 37% said they supported it. After Sunday's vote, some of the same respondents offered a very different take, with 46% saying they disapproved of the legislation and 42% saying they supported it.

For Obama, the boost was even bigger. Just 41% of those surveyed by CBS in the days leading up to the vote approved of the job the president has done on reform, and 51% said they disapproved. On Monday and Tuesday, the numbers had shifted in Obama's favor, with 47% saying they approved of the job he's done on reform, and 48% saying they disapproved.

Most now say that passing the bill was a "major accomplishment" for Obama, while less than half said the same thing before the bill was passed in the House.

Politically, the poll suggests everything is coming up roses for Obama and the Democrats after the passage of reform. CBS reports that half of independents now view reform as a "major accomplishment" for Obama, which suggests he and the Democrats have a shot at winning over those voters with talk of reform in November.

"It may take more time before Americans decide whether or not these reforms are advantageous to them personally," CBS' Polling Unit writes in its analysis of the numbers, "but the percentage that now say they don't think the bill will affect them has grown."
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama was up to 51% yesterday.  Back down to 50% today. 

People are sheep.  They want to support a winner.  Plus 16,500 people just signed up for tickets for his speech to talk about it.  This guy could crap in an ice cream cone, and 50 out of 100 people would gobble it down and ask for seconds.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Majority of Poor, Young, Uninsured Back Healthcare Bill NEW

SharePrintE-mailMarch 24, 2010
Majority of Poor, Young, Uninsured Back Healthcare BillA majority of seniors say passing it was a bad thingby Lydia SaadPRINCETON, NJ -- While 49% of Americans overall say Congress' passing healthcare reform is a "good thing," support is greater among Americans who currently lack health insurance. Passage of the bill also enjoys broad support among two of the populations least likely to have health insurance: younger adults and adults living in lower-income households. Older, higher-income, and insured Americans have more mixed reactions. The lone exception is seniors, 54% of whom see passage of the bill as a negative.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/126959/Majority-Poor-Young-Uninsured-Back-Healthcare-Bill.aspx

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
It's a great move to do this early. It reduces the deficit, implements some measures right now and he has 2 years to regain popularity.

I couldn't be happier that reform passed.
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Majority of Poor, Young, Uninsured Back Healthcare Bill NEW

SharePrintE-mailMarch 24, 2010
Majority of Poor, Young, Uninsured Back Healthcare BillA majority of seniors say passing it was a bad thingby Lydia SaadPRINCETON, NJ -- While 49% of Americans overall say Congress' passing healthcare reform is a "good thing," support is greater among Americans who currently lack health insurance. Passage of the bill also enjoys broad support among two of the populations least likely to have health insurance: younger adults and adults living in lower-income households. Older, higher-income, and insured Americans have more mixed reactions. The lone exception is seniors, 54% of whom see passage of the bill as a negative.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/126959/Majority-Poor-Young-Uninsured-Back-Healthcare-Bill.aspx
you mean the ppl who are going to benefit at the price of others think its a good thing? no shit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
'you mean the ppl who are going to benefit at the price of others think its a good thing? no shit'

Yep.  This isn't about right/wrong.  It's about right/wrong for WHO YOU ARE.  I guarantee you, if these senior citizens protesting the bill were 18 years old with five kids, they would damn sure support the bill.  If these millionaires were homeless and broke, they would support the bill.

Just like the average broke ass kid would support the Bush economic policy if he was 50 years old and worth $4 million.  

Right/wrong just depends on who you are, where you are in life.  Tony, if you were hit-and-run by a truck tomorrow, and with a leg fucked up enough to hurt nonstop every day, but not bad enough for social security, you would surely support Obamacare.  All of us have our positions based upon our positions in life.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

People are sheep.  They want to support a winner.  Plus 16,500 people just signed up for tickets for his speech to talk about it.  This guy could crap in an ice cream cone, and 50 out of 100 people would gobble it down and ask for seconds.

Wait till he pushes amnesty and cap & trade while UE goes above 10% again. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
"Wait till he pushes amnesty and cap & trade while UE goes above 10% again.  "

I dunno... healthcare was wildly unpopular - and he passed it - and he is actually up 5 points from last week.

Repubs have to be WAY careful attacking amnesty - they piss off the hispanic voting block, and they're toast.  And cap/trade?  What's that?  Oh, you mean 'pollution control'?  Wow, let's attack the dems because they want to limit pollution, that'll work*

if Obama doesn't take a major hit from healthcare, I don't think the other 2 issues are going to hurt him much.  And UE?  Hasn't the job loss trend almost stopped?  Another 2-3 months and we'll have positive job growth each month.  Obama and dems will rub that stim bill in the faces of repubs if we have POSITIVE JOB GROWTH suddenly  (Just in the nick of time!)  Will it make up for 18 months of job losses on his watch?>  of course not.  But he can blame Bush for that loss, and take credit for the growth. 

*Obviously bullshit spin, but it'll work!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
"Wait till he pushes amnesty and cap & trade while UE goes above 10% again.  "

I dunno... healthcare was wildly unpopular - and he passed it - and he is actually up 5 points from last week.

Repubs have to be WAY careful attacking amnesty - they piss off the hispanic voting block, and they're toast.  And cap/trade?  What's that?  Oh, you mean 'pollution control'?  Wow, let's attack the dems because they want to limit pollution, that'll work*

if Obama doesn't take a major hit from healthcare, I don't think the other 2 issues are going to hurt him much.  And UE?  Hasn't the job loss trend almost stopped?  Another 2-3 months and we'll have positive job growth each month.  Obama and dems will rub that stim bill in the faces of repubs if we have POSITIVE JOB GROWTH suddenly  (Just in the nick of time!)  Will it make up for 18 months of job losses on his watch?>  of course not.  But he can blame Bush for that loss, and take credit for the growth. 

*Obviously bullshit spin, but it'll work!

It wont work.UE is going down purely because of census workers being hired.They lose their jobs in July.UE will go through the freaking roof.It will be at well over 10% by Nov.You keep claiming het got a bump from health care,lets see how the question was phrased,because every poll I see clearly states people still dont want it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Gallup - Obama approval rating.  He was at 46% last week.  He was at 51% yesterday.  He's at 50% today. 

People don't like healthcare - but they still like Obama.  That should be obvious by now.  He's more popular than his policy.  Just as Bush was less popular than his policy. 

Now, census workers - a million of them will work for 5 months - they'll earn how much money?  20 billion dollars total?  And they'll spend that money in their local restaurants.  They'll pay their bills.  They'll buy clothes.  They'll pay off debt.  You just stimulated $20 billion of local economy.  Nice work.  That CREATES NEW JOBS because the people running these stores will have to order more inventory and hire more staff. 

Make sense to you?  The business life cycle is just a series of ups and downs, small demand stimulii that leads to more demand for supply.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Gallup - Obama approval rating.  He was at 46% last week.  He was at 51% yesterday.  He's at 50% today. 

People don't like healthcare - but they still like Obama.  That should be obvious by now.  He's more popular than his policy.  Just as Bush was less popular than his policy. 

Now, census workers - a million of them will work for 5 months - they'll earn how much money?  20 billion dollars total?  And they'll spend that money in their local restaurants.  They'll pay their bills.  They'll buy clothes.  They'll pay off debt.  You just stimulated $20 billion of local economy.  Nice work.  That CREATES NEW JOBS because the people running these stores will have to order more inventory and hire more staff. 

Make sense to you?  The business life cycle is just a series of ups and downs, small demand stimulii that leads to more demand for supply.

They will be out of work by July and back on unemployment rolls.Now,you think tax payers giving money to people to spend is great,to me its redistribution of wealth,bur either way,they will be done by July and back on the government dole and UE will be way over 10%Right before the mid terms.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
did this 'redistribution of wealth' thing start in 2009?

Or has it been part of society since, say, forever?

Face it, most obama haters on getbig predicted UE would be 13% by now.  it's going backwards.  Months before census hiring started, you had the numebrs bottoming out.  Actually feb/march of 2009 is when the stim bottomed out, right?  Um, right about time the stim bill came?

I'm not saying obama isn't a mess.  Just that, well, not all is lost.  Things are getting better.  Even FOX news hosts admit it a lot now.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
funny what money buys you huh?  bribe and pay to get this shit passed  cause that how bad people hate

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Face it, most obama haters on getbig predicted UE would be 13% by now.  it's going backwards.  Months before census hiring started, you had the numebrs bottoming out.  Actually feb/march of 2009 is when the stim bottomed out, right?  Um, right about time the stim bill came?

I'm not saying obama isn't a mess.  Just that, well, not all is lost.  Things are getting better.  Even FOX news hosts admit it a lot now.

::)  ::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Things are getting better?Where?With what?Which FOX host says that?Since the stimulus passed we have lost 4 million jobs.4 MILLION AFTER the stimulus.Obama promised ue wouldnt go over 8% if stimulus passed.Housing starts down.Foreclosures up.What things are getting better?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
shep and geraldo both said it in the last 2 weeks that i heard, and i dont watch that much.

anyway... why was unemployment the big deal, when those numbers sucked.  Suddenly, it's improving, so now everyone is complainging about UNDERemployment?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
shep and geraldo both said it in the last 2 weeks that i heard, and i dont watch that much.

anyway... why was unemployment the big deal, when those numbers sucked.  Suddenly, it's improving, so now everyone is complainging about UNDERemployment?

ha,ha,ha Geraldo and Shep?Thats like me saying Joe Scarborough was against the health care bill and phrasing it as "even the hosts on MSNBC were against the health care bill.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So how many FOX hosts are full of shit?  I believe megan kelly also said it, about a month back, although she credited bush actions for the turnaround we see in 2010.

So just these 3 are full of shit?  And each FOX anchor that says things are turning around - they get on the shit list too?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Yeah, a race baiter and a fag are now the expert economists you run to for an opinion on the economy.   ::)  ::)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV

I would pay for tickets for a President to speak.  Even G.W. Bush.

Sandra

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I would pay for tickets for a President to speak.  Even G.W. Bush.

Sandra

I saw Clinton speak at my friends' West Point graduation.  It was so bad I left and met them at the reception. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So how many FOX hosts are full of shit?  I believe megan kelly also said it, about a month back, although she credited bush actions for the turnaround we see in 2010.

So just these 3 are full of shit?  And each FOX anchor that says things are turning around - they get on the shit list too?

Tell me when the hosts at FOX buisiness like Stewart Varney say its turning around.When Varney says it I will believe it.By the way,both Maddow and Olbermann and Mathews and Shultz ALL said the census worker was murdered by an anti government nut.Was that true?I dont care what a FOX host says,the stats say NOTHING is turning around.When underemployment is above 20% things are not turning around.When NOT ONE job has been created since Obama took office[we have lost jobs every month]then things arent turning around.Housing starts down,foreclosures up and this with interest rates at ZERO.The car companies dying,nothing is turning around.