Author Topic: Will the Dallas Cowboys win the Super Bowl next year?  (Read 8571 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Will the Dallas Cowboys win the Super Bowl next year?
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 01:24:10 PM »
LOL he is the only reliable fantasy player on that team...maybe barber but with his nagging injuries

Yeah he's reliable, but I think TEs are mostly irrelevant in FF anyway.  They get you about 0-3 on average on any given Sunday. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »
Every team in the NFL have an era where the USED to be great. But the Cowboys are the GREATEST EVER!    Yeah  I said EVER     EVER   EVER EVER!

Not really.  The Lions have never been great.  Even when they had the greatest RB in NFL history (Barry), they sucked. 

Hey here is a riddle.  What is this?

11-5
9-7
13-3
9-7
9-7
6-10
10-6
5-11
5-11
5-11
5-11
8-8
10-6
6-10

:D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »
Not really.  The Lions have never been great.  Even when they had the greatest RB in NFL history (Barry), they sucked. 

11-5
9-7
13-3
9-7
9-7
6-10
10-6
5-11
5-11
5-11
5-11
8-8
10-6
6-10

cowboys record for last 14 years?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
cowboys record for last 14 years?

Ding! Ding! Ding!   ;D  That plus one playoff win (last year).  Not exactly what I'd call "great." 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »
Steelers have 6...
Cowgirls have 5...
Steelers win
People in South East China have no idea who the Steelers are but they KNOW who the Dallas Cowboys are.   Thats where Dallas becomes the GREATEST team in sports arguably after the Yanks.
((-::

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
LOL he is the only reliable fantasy player on that team...maybe barber but with his nagging injuries
I don't do fantasy football    so I could care less but Barber has nagging injuries because he runs like a wild bull.  Thats his style to keep moving until something is broken.  His dad told him to always run like he will never get to carry the ball....and he does what daddy says. He'd last longer if he ran with caution but he wouldn't be the guy we love.   With Jones and Choice, Barber can continue running like his dreads are on fire because we can reload with another great back.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 03:55:53 PM »

11-5
9-7
13-3
9-7
9-7
6-10
10-6
5-11
5-11
5-11
5-11
8-8
10-6
6-10

The Lions were GREAT when they whipped us in a 91 playoff game...Barry had like 200 yds against us. They lost to the Skins who won it all but Detroit was great that year.   That might have been that 11-5 yr. 11-5 is great but not for some Dallas fans.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »
Ding! Ding! Ding!   ;D  That plus one playoff win (last year).  Not exactly what I'd call "great." 
Your definition of great for the DALLAS COWBOYS doesn't count.  Its what they've accomplished in all walks of life.   The Landry's   Staubachs    Dorsetts, Aikmans   Staughtners  fans  Reggie Johnson, cheerleaders, Romo, Jessica, Thanksgiving, Arlington Stadium, Texas Stadium, record breaking crowds at Oxnard Training camp, Michael Jacksons Super Bowl halftime show, the stadium highlighted on the DALLAS show, Emmitt, Hershel, Mooooooooose, Witten, etc  etc   etc  all that makes Dallas the most popular NFL team in the world. Yeah Dallas had some dead yrs   but the fans still wore the blu star world wide.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »
People in South East China have no idea who the Steelers are but they KNOW who the Dallas Cowboys are.   Thats where Dallas becomes the GREATEST team in sports arguably after the Yanks.
Correction,,,,they now know about the Steelers.  They are mentioned in wikipedia under Major SEXUAL ASSAULT cases!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 04:23:09 PM »
Your definition of great for the DALLAS COWBOYS doesn't count.  Its what they've accomplished in all walks of life.   The Landry's   Staubachs    Dorsetts, Aikmans   Staughtners  fans  Reggie Johnson, cheerleaders, Romo, Jessica, Thanksgiving, Arlington Stadium, Texas Stadium, record breaking crowds at Oxnard Training camp, Michael Jacksons Super Bowl halftime show, the stadium highlighted on the DALLAS show, Emmitt, Hershel, Mooooooooose, Witten, etc  etc   etc  all that makes Dallas the most popular NFL team in the world. Yeah Dallas had some dead yrs   but the fans still wore the blu star world wide.

The Irvins, the Newtons, and every other Cowboy who was arrested for being a crackhead, criminal, and overall degenerate.   :D 

Seriously, they were great in the 90s.  That time period is long gone.  Now, they're just a mediocre team that occasionally makes the playoffs. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »
Yeah he's reliable, but I think TEs are mostly irrelevant in FF anyway.  They get you about 0-3 on average on any given Sunday. 
guess it might depend on how your league scores, we score TE the same as recievers and a good tight end...gates, gonzales especially last year, daniels before he got hurt is basically another first tier reciever that you can pick up in the 3rd or 4th round in some cases.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »
I don't do fantasy football    so I could care less but Barber has nagging injuries because he runs like a wild bull.  Thats his style to keep moving until something is broken.  His dad told him to always run like he will never get to carry the ball....and he does what daddy says. He'd last longer if he ran with caution but he wouldn't be the guy we love.   With Jones and Choice, Barber can continue running like his dreads are on fire because we can reload with another great back.
I agree barber before last season was probably my favorite running back to watch...he ran like he was pissed off at ppl and out to take out his anger on the first person he saw...alot of fun to watch...

your running game still wont help you when you come to Houston bud...ryans, cushing, diles, williams just to name a few are going to stop that and then all you have is Tony "I choke" romo and who? austin and whitten  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »
guess it might depend on how your league scores, we score TE the same as recievers and a good tight end...gates, gonzales especially last year, daniels before he got hurt is basically another first tier reciever that you can pick up in the 3rd or 4th round in some cases.

That's how my league works too.  Typically, the top three or four TEs will do pretty well, but the rest by and large don't score much at all.  And I have never wasted a 3rd or 4th on a TE.  I always let others take Gonzo, Gates, etc. (too) early and don't look at a TE till about round 7 or later. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »
I agree barber before last season was probably my favorite running back to watch...he ran like he was pissed off at ppl and out to take out his anger on the first person he saw...alot of fun to watch...

Agree.  Love the way he runs. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »

so you've been to the south east of china?

even if that's true, you can have that

I'll take the rings :-*

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
That's how my league works too.  Typically, the top three or four TEs will do pretty well, but the rest by and large don't score much at all.  And I have never wasted a 3rd or 4th on a TE.  I always let others take Gonzo, Gates, etc. (too) early and don't look at a TE till about round 7 or later. 
well usually by the 3rd or 4th round most of the good recievers in my league are snagged up and actually these guys put up as much as recievers on a consistant basis in general with the exception of the few top recievers.

just food for thought its nice going into a game with an extra reciever than the other teams.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 05:11:40 PM »

one of your players dating jessica is an accomplishment for the cowboys?

thanksgiving?  the lions play then too

michael jackson halftime show?  should the bills be proud of that too?

you aren't making sense

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »
are you 2 argueing over which team is better that steelers and the boys?

THEY BOTH BLOW  ;D  ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »
there is no argument

the rings speak for themselves

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »
there is no argument

the rings speak for themselves

E
browns and bengals = 4 wins a season its a wonder if you dont make the playoffs  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »
well usually by the 3rd or 4th round most of the good recievers in my league are snagged up and actually these guys put up as much as recievers on a consistant basis in general with the exception of the few top recievers.

just food for thought its nice going into a game with an extra reciever than the other teams.

I draft WRs late.  I'm one of the dinosaurs that still uses the "Faulk Rule" for the most part.  I take RBs early and often. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »
browns and bengals = 4 wins a season its a wonder if you dont make the playoffs  :D

we'd be gauranteed to make it every year if the texans replaced the ravens :P

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2010, 06:06:13 PM »
we'd be gauranteed to make it every year if the texans replaced the ravens :P

E
and youd probably never make it if you replaced the texans in our division  :P

but we would definitely make the playoffs in your division  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 06:11:57 PM »
I draft WRs late.  I'm one of the dinosaurs that still uses the "Faulk Rule" for the most part.  I take RBs early and often.  
I tried that last seaon and was sadly disappointed...I had peterson and sproles for the majority of the season and had portis(bust) and mendenhall before he started going off...and then some 2nd and 3rd teir recievers

Peterson and sproles both were unreliable throughout the season Id have weeks when Id rock and weeks when I literally got no production from them...going back to my winning ways and drafting one good reliable back and good recievers and qb and then finding ppl with good match ups to fill in the weak spots from week to week

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
I tried that last seaon and was sadly disappointed...I had peterson and sproles for the majority of the season and had portis(bust) and mendenhall before he started going off...and then some 2nd and 3rd teir recievers

Peterson and sproles both were unreliable throughout the season Id have weeks when Id rock and weeks when I literally got no production from them...going back to my winning ways and drafting one good reliable back and good recievers and qb and then finding ppl with good match ups to fill in the weak spots from week to week

That's in large part why I take RBs early.  There is almost always an injury or a bust with one of them.  I did vary my strategy this past season and took Rivers in the second, but RBs in the third and fourth.  Won a championship.  I'm still pretty wedded to the idea.