Author Topic: How big do you think Phil's arms are gonna get?  (Read 21860 times)

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
Re: How big do you think Phil's arms are gonna get?
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2010, 01:13:28 AM »
I just don't think Ronnie ever had an arm bigger than a 600 lb mountain gorilla.

Why does that upset the nuthuggers so much?

The Luke

I think the real question here is who would in a fight to the death between a silverback gorilla and bigfoot?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2010, 02:10:11 AM »
I was gonna say this, but I was thinking, why bother....
very true
choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2010, 03:34:59 AM »
I think the real question here is who would in a fight to the death between a silverback gorilla and bigfoot?

Big Foot. He's taller, bigger and smarter. And due to their upright stature, more manuverable. One of the main reasons why you can't really find any evidence of  them, is because they dismember the bodies of the dead. No body, no evidence to be found...Male gorillas operate on bluff...try luffing a 8 foot tall possibly 600-700 tall primate that walks like a human...will not work in the gorilla's favor

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2010, 04:11:30 AM »
Big Foot. He's taller, bigger and smarter. And due to their upright stature, more manuverable. One of the main reasons why you can't really find any evidence of  them, is because they dismember the bodies of the dead. No body, no evidence to be found...Male gorillas operate on bluff...try luffing a 8 foot tall possibly 600-700 tall primate that walks like a human...will not work in the gorilla's favor

Hmmm! Interesting analysis, but to get fully to the bottom of this problem would require an answer of at least 1000 words, also containing complex mathematical equations.

It would also be written by someone who possibly wears a cape in their free time.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2010, 04:22:40 AM »
if you meet them in real life you see how crazy big they're arms are and you get a whole different sense of perspective.

Capt,

yes, but much like the guy here comparing "his friend" and Khan's arms in a pic where his friend was skinny-fat with a little muscle, and Khan with the genetic superior long full bellies, and conditioning and vascularity, apparently his friend fared quite well... ::)

this is not a reference aimed at you, just pointing out that an arm is not always just an arm. You get a normal arm, a developed arm, and a professional bbers arm. And whilst they may appear larger, conditioning, shape, etc are factors to consider.

unless what you saying is the other guys arms just blew you out of the water, in which case, disregard the above! ;D

Santa Claus

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2010, 04:38:45 AM »
Luke, you are giving the math too much credit.

Arms have a tendency to increase more in height than width, due to the placement of the muscles. This is again due to their purpose of bending the arm. For this experiment we can say that the biceps peak increases half an inch in height (which isn't that large a figure). If the rest of the arm stays the same, that will increase the circumference one whole inch, and the area increase won't be very large either.

Your theory is based on that the arm always grows equally in every direction, which isn't the case. And yes, this is significant, whether you agree or not.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
In both of the videos where his arms measured 55-56 cm he was over 320 lbs.

If your guesstimate was right then the average trainer could expect to see their own arm measurement fluctuate by as much as 1.5'' every time they changed a few bodyfat percentage points.

This is just like the "Myth of the Pump": everyone believes a good bicep/tricep pump adds an inch or more to their upper arms... actually no: at most it's 0.25'' to 0.5''.

Why you guys are so fixated on this 24'' number is just beyond me...
Sean Ray...       210 lbs... 18.5'' arms  
Lee Haney...     240 lbs... 19'' arms
Vince Taylor...  230 lbs... 19.75'' arms
Lee Priest...     235 lbs... 21.5'' arms (short-armed freak)
Ahnuld...          240 lbs... 20'' arms
Dorian Yates... 260 lbs... 19.5'' arms (at best)
Ronnie...          280 lbs... 21-22'' arms

A 23'' arm happens somewhere around 300-320 lbs... a 24'' arm happens somewhere around 350 lbs: face facts.

The Luke

I find it really hard to believe these measurements when my 18.5 inch arms look puny compared to all these guys. And theres no fucking way Arnold only had 19inch+ arms. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2010, 02:33:51 PM »
I find it really hard to believe these measurements when my 18.5 inch arms look puny compared to all these guys. And theres no fucking way Arnold only had 19inch+ arms. 
I agree with your first statement. Disagree with your last. Remember, Arnold was all arms and chest. That is why his arms looked bigger, plus the fact that he did those twisting poses and his biceps overpowers his triceps. Sergio, who had full biceps and tris, but lacked that impressive peak, actually had bigger arms. And when they were together, you saw this.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »

...everyone in this thread seems to be afflicted with magical thinking.

Lets get some perspective...

Greg Valetino's arms were measured by Guinness's live on tv at 24.5'' and 24.25''.

Samuel Samuelson (world's strongest man) could cheat curl 405 lbs for reps... his arm measrement at 6'6'' tall and 340 lbs...? A whopping 22''.

Ronnie's arms were never as big as Valentino's.

We have vids showing a 300-320 lb Ronnie taping out at 21.7'' (twice)... to have 24'' arms he'd have to gain another 50 lbs of muscle... maybe 70 lbs of bodyweight.

Get real guys... for the average 5'10'' guy a 24'' arm is physiologically impossible (muscles can't contract when they're wider than they are long).

Burneika's arms are 22'' to maybe 22.5'' with whatever foreign substance is in them: he's measuring them with a crooked elbow and diagonal tape every week.

You think Ronnie had 24''s but only ever measured them when they were under 22'' (and he was still somehow 300+ lbs lean)?

Denial... denial... denial...

The Luke
PS... funniest thread ever on GetBig; it's like I'm explaining there's no Toot Fairy.

MJK

• Getbig III
  • BB is not a sport it's a business.
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2010, 02:52:22 PM »
...everyone in this thread seems to be afflicted with magical thinking.

Lets get some perspective...

Greg Valetino's arms were measured by Guinness's live on tv at 24.5'' and 24.25''.

Samuel Samuelson (world's strongest man) could cheat curl 405 lbs for reps... his arm measrement at 6'6'' tall and 340 lbs...? A whopping 22''.

Ronnie's arms were never as big as Valentino's.

We have vids showing a 300-320 lb Ronnie taping out at 21.7'' (twice)... to have 24'' arms he'd have to gain another 50 lbs of muscle... maybe 70 lbs of bodyweight.

Get real guys... for the average 5'10'' guy a 24'' arm is physiologically impossible (muscles can't contract when they're wider than they are long).

Burneika's arms are 22'' to maybe 22.5'' with whatever foreign substance is in them: he's measuring them with a crooked elbow and diagonal tape every week.

You think Ronnie had 24''s but only ever measured them when they were under 22'' (and he was still somehow 300+ lbs lean)?

Denial... denial... denial...

The Luke
PS... funniest thread ever on GetBig; it's like I'm explaining there's no Toot Fairy.
Idiot logic from an idiot.
Welcome to Slovakia

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
Idiot logic from an idiot.

...the only idiot in this thread who understands the ratio of two cross sectional areas is a ratio of the squares of the circumferences.

But I suppose these ad hominem attacks do prove something... they prove no one has any evidence to rebutt my claims.

The Luke

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2010, 03:42:46 PM »
...the only idiot in this thread who understands the ratio of two cross sectional areas is a ratio of the squares of the circumferences.

But I suppose these ad hominem attacks do prove something... they prove no one has any evidence to rebutt my claims.

The Luke
Luke, was Valentino's arms measured before or after they exploded. Before or after he "blew up" in the magazines with that famous MM pose. Furthermore, his arms were not muscle, we are talking muscular arms here.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »

The Luke

Luke...on another note......what do you have to say about Stark saying he's never met you...and also him being a rather small guy?

If he has 20 lbs on you...I feel sorry for you

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
Luke, was Valentino's arms measured before or after they exploded. Before or after he "blew up" in the magazines with that famous MM pose. Furthermore, his arms were not muscle, we are talking muscular arms here.

This is my whole point...

Valentino's arms were so massive he couldn't bend them properly; they hung like oversized breast implants... yet they measured just over 24''.

Hoeberl's arms also looked disporportionately massive and the synthol/site-injections were very obvious; they overpowered the rest of his 300-340 lb frame... yet they only taped out at 25''.

Valentino is what? 5'5''? ...and yet 24'' arms looked like swimming floats on him; taller peak-to-tri than is head.

Hoeberl is 7'' taller than Ronnie, and 60 lbs heavier... yet 25'' arms dwarfed his entire physique.

But Ronnie somehow had genuine 24'' muscular arms at 5'10...?... despite the fact that his arms have twice been measured at 21.7'' (never show to be 24'') while Ronnie was a lean 300+ pounds.

If 300+lbs with abs Ronnie has 22'' arms... to have 24'' arms (20% bigger than 22s) he'd have to weigh what? 350 lbs? Maybe even 380 lbs with abs?

The math doesn't add up, and the math doesn't lie.

I think the reason so many believe the 24'' fantasy is because so many blinly accept Arnold's 22'' arm claim... in reality, Arnold only had a 20'' arm when his off-season weight hit 250 lbs (pre 1974 Olympia).

To have genuine 22'' arms Arnold would have had to be 280-320 lbs... Ronnie had to.

Sorry to labor this point guys... but the stubborn refusal of bodybuilders to critically evaluate these bullshit claims is the reason MuscleTech is still in business.

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2010, 04:18:06 PM »
Luke...on another note......what do you have to say about Stark saying he's never met you...and also him being a rather small guy?

If he has 20 lbs on you...I feel sorry for you

...I think he's yanking your chain.

I notice he's posting lots more of his "Benched 100 lbs today"; "Squatted 150 lbs today" threads. He's probably laughing his ass off at the guys on here who were so happy when Sev posted that pic.

Guy looked like a brick-shithouse when I met him. Maybe 220 lbs, pretty lean.

Also... he never posted a pic and claimed there were none of him to be found, yet suddenly he's happy to post lots of pics...? Suspicious.

Must be an in-joke, he's so eager to make himself out to be just an average trainer... I saw him in real life, he's far above average. (no homo)

The Luke

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »
...I think he's yanking your chain.

I notice he's posting lots more of his "Benched 100 lbs today"; "Squatted 150 lbs today" threads. He's probably laughing his ass off at the guys on here who were so happy when Sev posted that pic.

Guy looked like a brick-shithouse when I met him. Maybe 220 lbs, pretty lean.

Also... he never posted a pic and claimed there were none of him to be found, yet suddenly he's happy to post lots of pics...? Suspicious.

Must be an in-joke, he's so eager to make himself out to be just an average trainer... I saw him in real life, he's far above average. (no homo)

The Luke

Funny...he says he never met you and you're full of shit  :P

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2010, 04:26:18 PM »
Luke, Manfred was all arms, so yes the fact he was taller than Ronnie and relatively less muscled means that his softish arms would appear and be bigger. Ronnie was huge all over, carried more qaulity muscle than Manfred ever had.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2010, 04:27:09 PM »
Funny...he says he never met you and you're full of shit  :P

Excellent!

Guess that's how you live the gimmick... and pass into legend.

When I spoke to him, I asked if he was training for boybuilding or powerlifting (I know people who know him through powerlifting and he was obviously very lean)... he just looked at me quizzically and said: "Na dude, I just do yoga."

Funny guy.

The Luke

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

Are you fucking nuts he loses 30+ lbs and only loses an inch in his arms  ::) YOU know better than this FFS

No, he was right. Arms are always lean and don't hold a lot of fat or water compared to the legs, stomach and ass. You can lose 30 lbs and only an inch or 1.5 inches off the arms

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
based on luke whos credit is:
stark stats based on luke:
250lbs with abs
bench 225 for kicks and giggles
military man
climbs mountsains

luke stats again on ronnie coleman:
5'10"
21inch arms
19inch quads due to proportion growth theory,,,

now on to greg kovakcs,,,,
those are fake tape measurements I have proof,,but wont show it becuase my math is good enough for nutbiggers,,,
Greg Kovac's 26 inch arms?
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq145/bianconero8/kovacs2.jpg

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »

Klaus' arm dwarfs mine's. So he really must have 30" arms.  ::)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
Phil has maxed out his size.  His frame simply can't hold any more muscle without developing a big gut.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2010, 04:27:14 AM »
Phil has maxed out his size.  His frame simply can't hold any more muscle without developing a big gut.
Agreed.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2010, 04:44:37 AM »
i dont think he's so concerned with there size as he is there shape and condition
personally i've always thought phil was never quit "grainy" enough on stage

yes, dorian didnt want to come in too full at a contest, he came in a little flat, thats why he got the grainy hard look.