Author Topic: Android or Storm 2  (Read 2560 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Android or Storm 2
« on: March 26, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
My Blackberry curve finally died so I can now get an upgrade.  I have to use Verizon which means I'm limited to the phones I can get cheap.  I might go basic and get the Blackberry tour but I'm also interested in something with a bigger screen like the Droid or Storm2.  The pro with the Storm2 is that it hooks up to my works blackberry enterprise server, but not tactile keyboard and I heard a lot of people bitch about how hard it is to use.  The Droid sounds cool but then no blackberry enterprise server to hook up.

Which one do you guys think is better?

No Iphone.  I'm on verizon.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Android or Storm 2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »
My Blackberry curve finally died so I can now get an upgrade.  I have to use Verizon which means I'm limited to the phones I can get cheap.  I might go basic and get the Blackberry tour but I'm also interested in something with a bigger screen like the Droid or Storm2.  The pro with the Storm2 is that it hooks up to my works blackberry enterprise server, but not tactile keyboard and I heard a lot of people bitch about how hard it is to use.  The Droid sounds cool but then no blackberry enterprise server to hook up.

I have the Storm2 but i would like to get the Droid but i am strictly a BB guy.
D

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:22:08 AM »
I am on AT&T and have the new Backflip which runs the Google Android OS. I was a Windows Mobile guy, but now having the Backflip, I'll never go back.. Calls are better and the connection to the internet is better. Tethering with my laptop is better. Just a better experience as a whole.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
I have the Storm2 but i would like to get the Droid but i am strictly a BB guy.

How do you find the Storm?  Is typing on the keyboard easy?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »

I have had the first Storm so typing on the Storm2 came pretty easy for me.  8) I bought the Storm2 for WI-FI. You will miss the Trackball.  8)
D

Jizzacked

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »
if you are talking about the motorola droid, I would take a pass.  it has a pretty poor keyboard and the design is very squared off and blocky.. go to the verizon store and see for yourself.  they have the HTC droid eris available now which is pretty sleek, and HTC makes quality phones.  personally I have the HTC touch pro 2 with win6.5.  

btw I know a few people that have the storm 2 and they love it, save for some issues with it freezing up.

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 11:48:12 AM »
there are a shit ton of new smart phones coming out this summer, i'd wait.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
if you are talking about the motorola droid, I would take a pass.  it has a pretty poor keyboard and the design is very squared off and blocky.. go to the verizon store and see for yourself.  they have the HTC droid eris available now which is pretty sleek, and HTC makes quality phones.  personally I have the HTC touch pro 2 with win6.5.  

btw I know a few people that have the storm 2 and they love it, save for some issues with it freezing up.

That has never happened to mine.  8)
D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 12:04:14 PM »
htc hd2 - the only phone worth considering, until the htc evo comes out in a few months.
175lbs by 31st July

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 12:09:01 PM »
htc hd2 - the only phone worth considering, until the htc evo comes out in a few months.

also any hope of the iphone 4g coming to verizon have been completely foiled but the dumb ass droid.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »

You will struggle for about a week, then it will become as normal as a physical keyboard is for you now.  It just takes time getting the "touch" down.

I have the original Storm, and it's finally the phone I thought I was buying since the upgrade to OS5.  Storm 2 is nice, but I haven't switched because I feel the changes from the Storm were enough to warrant paying more money.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I'm personally waiting to see how this phone turns out (see link) or to see if the iPhone is really going to hit Verizon.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/03/23/live-from-sprints-ctia-media-event/

Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 01:12:11 PM »
The evo is going to be a sprint/t-mobile exclusive.  No verizon.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »
I was browsing around.  Might just wait for the Droid 2 to come out.  Apparently it is a better keyboard.  The HTC evo sounds sick though.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 10:44:15 AM »
I say Android all the way.  Anyone who is dogging that phone obviously hasnt used one for a long period of time.  Sure the keyboard isnt the best but it is better then any onscreen one i have used and the functionality of the deivice is great.  I love it and think it is the best phone that Verizon has to offer.  I have used smart phones for years, started with the I760, Omnia, Storm, blackberry curve, Storm2 and Android now and nothing compares to the Android. 
Wait for it....

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 10:53:41 AM »
you can get an unlocked I-phone that works for any carrier :-X  If you like apple products..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »
you can get an unlocked I-phone that works for any carrier :-X  If you like apple products..

Apparently there will be an iphone for verizon coming out soon. 

Jizzacked

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
I was thinking about getting the htc touch pro 2.  What do you think about it?

for me and my needs, nothing really compares to it.  good full sized keyboard, large screen, and winmobile on it are great for when I am using remote desktop when I need to connect to my work server.  I use pdanet on it and use it as a modem when on the go.

the only drawbacks I would say would be as a gaming platform if that is something that is important to you.  if you are business oriented, I don't think you can go wrong.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
how about a nokia n900.

u can do lots of cool stuff with this.
175lbs by 31st July

donthate1

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »
I just got Storm 2 about 1 month ago...I advise against it..
The processor is slow, its hard to email on, and the four main buttons at the bottom they "corrected from the Storm 1" are a total nightmare.
The only good thing about it is the server!  This is the only reason I still have mine today.

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »
Droid's keyboard suck, blah
Team MEL

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 01:52:53 PM »
I have verizon too and own a droid as of several months ago. The wife had an iphone and I really don't like it as well, plus I don't listen to music as much as she does. I loved my blackberry but it was time for a change and I feel I made a good choice.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 02:22:37 PM »
Apparently there will be an iphone for verizon coming out soon. 

you can just unlock a regular one right now...If you need it today..

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 05:06:02 AM »

HD2 is for T-Mobile. Evo is gonna be for Sprint.

I never understood why a consumer would switch carriers over a phone???

I'm all about the plan/service.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 05:27:33 AM »

my best verizon phone was the Curve.  i now have the tour ( its my 3rd tour), i love the phone, but its a piece of shit. died on me twice, and trackball stopped working all together once.

this chick im banging has a droid, its pretty cool, but like you said no BES. do not get the Storm, its a piece of shit.

either get the tour, or the upgraded Curve

if i were to pick, i'd still go with the Tour. the camera and screen are amazing

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
my best verizon phone was the Curve.  i now have the tour ( its my 3rd tour), i love the phone, but its a piece of shit. died on me twice, and trackball stopped working all together once.

this chick im banging has a droid, its pretty cool, but like you said no BES. do not get the Storm, its a piece of shit.

either get the tour, or the upgraded Curve

if i were to pick, i'd still go with the Tour. the camera and screen are amazing

My co-worker has the tour and twice now has had the trackball fixed and it's still not working right.  It seems that for sure there will be an iphone for verizon.  I think I'm going to use my pay as you go backup phone until then.