Author Topic: Why do people not advocate a gallon of skim milk a day when bodybuilding  (Read 2107 times)

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
Gallon of skim milk:

approx 130 grams protein, 1600 calories, zero fat calories

Price: $3.19 to $3.39 a gallon

Why is this never advocated that you drink a gallon of this a day and consume several small meals and protein shakes to go with it?  I mean if a pro bodybuilder or aspiring to is consuming 3500 and up in calories why is this not considered one of the ways to a mean

Is it different strokes for different folks or do proteins in different forms matter (i.e. hydrolized whey vs whatever, meats vs nuts and beans, dairy vs non dairy, etc)

Opinions, this is what I do's and science or any answers will be accepted

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
For me personally milk makes me very bloated and puffy.  I would be holding a ton of water if I drank milk regularly.

Its a great question you bring up and you'll probably get a lot of different answers and opinions.

For me it just destroys my physique.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
hi falcon
DAWG

MM2K

• Getbig IV
The problem with drinking that much milk is that the calcium can make me constipated, espeacially when Im already consuming 200 grams of protien a day. I do try to get in 1 big glass of milk a day, particularly after a weightraining workout. But unless you cant afford MRPs, there is no reason to drink as much as a gallon a day. By the way, if you mix in an esssential fatty acid oil in your skim milk such as flax oil or Udo's oil, it makes it taste a lot like 2% milk. Give it a try.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

kukacomone

• Getbig II
milk sugar

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Gallon of skim milk:

approx 130 grams protein, 1600 calories, zero fat calories

Price: $3.19 to $3.39 a gallon

Why is this never advocated that you drink a gallon of this a day and consume several small meals and protein shakes to go with it?  I mean if a pro bodybuilder or aspiring to is consuming 3500 and up in calories why is this not considered one of the ways to a mean

Is it different strokes for different folks or do proteins in different forms matter (i.e. hydrolized whey vs whatever, meats vs nuts and beans, dairy vs non dairy, etc)

Opinions, this is what I do's and science or any answers will be accepted

The short answers are:

1) Milk costs an arm and a leg nowadays

2) People have iactose intolerance

3) Thanks to clearance sales, you can actually get protein powders for LESS.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
How much farting can one do in a day?

I haven't touched milk in many years.

I prefer cheese and yogurt.