Author Topic: 3-3-5 Michigan's New Defense....ugh  (Read 3201 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
3-3-5 Michigan's New Defense....ugh
« on: March 26, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »
I have been reading that it looks like the 3-3-5 is in fact the primary defense being used right now in practice. The D-Line will be Martin, Campbell, RVB, but right now Greg Banks is in Martin's spot. The Spur and Bandit are the Strong (Box) Safeties that will line up outside the D-line and closer to the line of scrimmage than the Linebackers. The Spur and Bandit spots are occupied by Kovacs and Mike Williams. Your MLB is still Ezeh, LOLB is Mouton, and ROLB is Roh. Woolfolk and JT Floyd are my CB's and Vlad is my FS (Cam Gordon is in his place right now)

I also wanted to put this topic in because it looks like the 4-3 Under is also being implemented with the same line-up, only Roh is the 4th D-lineman with his hand down and Mike Williams is the new SAM.

I think most of us on this board that were going back and forth about 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 changes with Roh putting his hand down, but it looks like instead it will be GERG's Under package.

I am really hoping that Demar Dorsey, Justin Turner, Cullen Christian and Marvin Robinson can come in show the world "THE NO FLY ZONE".
D

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: 3-3-5 Michigan's New Defense....ugh
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »
SC tooled with the 3-4 a while back.  I say if it ain't broke....... ::)
((-::

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 06:57:03 PM »
SC tooled with the 3-4 a while back.  I say if it ain't broke....... ::)

Ours is broke and with loosing Graham and warren.... :-\

We need true Freshmen to step up and that is not good.
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 07:32:49 PM »
Ours is broke and with loosing Graham and warren.... :-\

We need true Freshmen to step up and that is not good.
I'm sure they found SOME young talent.   They are bound to be fighting for the Big 10 title this year. PSU lost a lot of good players. MSU's ok   but nothing to fear.    I see the Maize and gold comming over to play SC in Pasadena this year.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 08:18:11 PM »
I'm sure they found SOME young talent.   They are bound to be fighting for the Big 10 title this year. PSU lost a lot of good players. MSU's ok   but nothing to fear.    I see the Maize and gold comming over to play SC in Pasadena this year.

MAIZE AND BLUE

Too young for that.  >:( M$U is full of criminals and they are on the field now.  :D
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
MAIZE AND BLUE

Too young for that.  >:( M$U is full of criminals and they are on the field now.  :D
That never stopped the boys in Coral Gables.  Or even here at Southern Cal.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 08:26:19 PM »

Stokes may be out for the Spring. He has a boot on his foot. Vlad may be out as well, sprained knee.

Big Will is starting to make his mark. A lot of talk about him over the last few practices. He's finally breaking his old HS habits and staying low. That's good news for the DL and the rush defense as a whole. After everyone gets back from injury in the Summer they will have a lot of different looks on the DL. RVB is up to 275lbs. That's huge. That kid was getting pancaked on almost every play last year. Having G-Rob now coaching the LB's seems to be the right move. Ezeh, Mouton, Fitz & Demens have all been solid thus far. But, I'll believe it when I see it on the field. Cam Gordon(was a WR last year) now at Safety is impressing the staff. Everyone felt he's at his best when on the defensive side of the ball.

Watch out for D-Rob, he's making a push right now. He's looking like the better QB right now. He needs to control the zip on the ball. The outside WR position seems to be the most concerned postion right now. Stokes is out. Daryl Stonum is the only one turning heads. Jerald Robinson is looking the best out of the Freshmen. If he keeps it up, he will see A LOT of time this year. Ricardo Miller isn't playing as he should. He's playing like he already has a spot in the starting rotation. While Robinson goes all out on every play, that's where Ricardo Miller is lacking. Jackson is just to slow. Great hands and great route running, but his breaks are slow as hell. There's a lot of comp on the OL. The only definites are Schilling and Molk at this point.
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 08:26:57 PM »
That never stopped the boys in Coral Gables.  Or even here at Southern Cal.

That is what made Miami great and U$C fun to watch!!  :D
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »
That is what made Miami great and U$C fun to watch!!  :D
It wasn't fun when Sanchez's allegations came out. Carroll DID have strict rules and left the guys to dry (in the hands of LAPD) if something ever came up.  Which shocked me  I thought he was a father to them like Jim Carey was on Me, Myself and Irene "no bitches after 11" type.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 08:32:49 PM »
It wasn't fun when Sanchez's allegations came out. Carroll DID have strict rules and left the guys to dry (in the hands of LAPD) if something ever came up.  Which shocked me  I thought he was a father to them like Jim Carey was on Me, Myself and Irene "no bitches after 11" type.

He boned a 14 year old while at U$C.  :o TRUTH
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 08:34:44 PM »
He boned a 14 year old while at U$C.  :o TRUTH
allegedly......... the 14 yr olds look like 50 yr olds  in south central LA but are 150 lbs bigger.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »

Much of the coverage out of a 3-3-5 is a cover 3, where the bandits would have the flat responsibility. In a man situation they would typically have coverage of the slot or TE still.

In a 3-3-5 stack like Michigan is running this spring, typically it is a very simplified D for the LBs as they don't have coverage responsibilities as often for the TEs and slots. I'm pretty sure the bandit (much like Stevie Brown last year) would flex out to cover slots in the case of facing 3-4 WR. I still think most of the time we may see zone coverage though, with numerous zone blitzes also in that package
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »
Michigan needs to just play like a normal 4-3 team .....going to 3-3's   and other stuff just causes THEM more confusion!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »
Michigan needs to just play like a normal 4-3 team .....going to 3-3's   and other stuff just causes THEM more confusion!

They are way too confused already and have no identity as to who they are!  >:(
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »
3-3-5 is bullshit man no QB rush, sounds like a pass defense wtf if someone runs run off tackle or up the middle?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
That's what happens when you recruit out of state.   SC's best players are usually from around So Cal and know the tradition .   The kids we get from the east coast just look at it as a game and free ticket to the NFL.   Notice MIAMI  is still getting guys from the parts of Fla where they normally go?  They know the identity THE U wants back!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »
3-3-5 is bullshit man no QB rush, sounds like a pass defense wtf if someone runs run off tackle or up the middle?
Gurrode, Davis, and Columbo would drool all over if NY, Philly or Washington installed a 3-3-5!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »
Gurrode, Davis, and Columbo would drool all over if NY, Philly or Washington installed a 3-3-5!
because they know the run defense sucks so they just play pass.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »
because they know the run defense sucks so they just play pass.
Even on runs, the 3 in the middle would be coverred in syrup and butter!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 12:27:27 PM »
Even on runs, the 3 in the middle would be coverred in syrup and butter!
Na you would have to have Rod Woodson to cover the mofos but he is 10 yds back so 3-3-5 wont work reg.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 12:29:43 PM »
Na you would have to have Rod Woodson to cover the mofos but he is 10 yds back so 3-3-5 wont work reg.
You mean that OTHER Woodson guy?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:32:02 PM »
You mean that OTHER Woodson guy?
No I mean Rod from the old Raiders he would need to come out to help the 3-3-5 BS defense.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 04:39:55 PM »
No I mean Rod from the old Raiders he would need to come out to help the 3-3-5 BS defense.
So it'd be 3-4 then  :-\