Author Topic: Credit Card Question  (Read 2491 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Credit Card Question
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:34:36 PM »
I want to open another credit card account, just to help my credit score.

Two questions:

What's a good card for someone with a credit score of around 700 to 720.

Should I lie about my income on the application?

???
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Re: Credit Card Question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »
Also, I have a $12 dollar past due from a doctor (wrongly) on my credit report.  How bad is that?

???
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:40:28 PM »
you should be able to get most credit cards, chances are youre probably getting mail with pre approval BS from CC companies as it is...

past dues stay on your record for 5 yrs if im not mistaken so really really try to not let those happen. Even if your late you wont get a past due on your report if you pay it within a month of the due date you missed.

700+ credit score is pretty good bud but it also depends on alot of things like how much credit youve been extended and how much youve used. How many inquiries you have on your credit to many makes it seem like youre applyiing for credit alot.

do you already have credit cards? how close are the balances to your credit limits?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
Also, I have a $12 dollar past due from a doctor (wrongly) on my credit report.  How bad is that?

???

Dude, $12? How come you didn't pay that?
X

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:56:34 PM »
oh god credit cards, living above your means, i would go with money in the bank, don't use money you don't have.

TEAM Nasser

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:59:23 PM »
my wife handles the finances.
she uses a credit card but she is very frugile
i get an allowance and its almost always in cash which is fine with me

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
my wife handles the finances.
she uses a credit card but she is very frugile
i get an allowance and its almost always in cash which is fine with me

Owned.  :D
D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »
you should be able to get most credit cards, chances are youre probably getting mail with pre approval BS from CC companies as it is...

past dues stay on your record for 5 yrs if im not mistaken so really really try to not let those happen. Even if your late you wont get a past due on your report if you pay it within a month of the due date you missed.

700+ credit score is pretty good bud but it also depends on alot of things like how much credit youve been extended and how much youve used. How many inquiries you have on your credit to many makes it seem like youre applyiing for credit alot.

do you already have credit cards? how close are the balances to your credit limits?

Thank you, I just used some free calculator I found so I hope that score is accurate.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
If I lie about my income though, is the IRS going to come try and fuck me in the ass or something?  ???

S

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 09:23:18 PM »
If I lie about my income though, is the IRS going to come try and fuck me in the ass or something?  ???

Not if you tell them you're a regular poster on GB. Special privileges.
X

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »
Not if you tell them you're a regular poster on GB. Special privileges.

hahahaha

Seriously, why doesn't Ron pull some strings and get us some rewards?  I'd get some serious airline miles with my embarrassingly high amount of posts...  :o
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 09:27:24 PM »
oh god credit cards, living above your means, i would go with money in the bank, don't use money you don't have.

LOL well have fun living in your 20,000 dollar house then  ::) credit is one of the reasons this country has amassed the financial wealth that it has...also one of the reasons why we are so screwed right now too

how are ppl supposed to start business without credit from others? buy cars? houses?

with everything moderation is key
borrowing money can actually be cheaper than paying cash in the long run as well...0% interest given inflation is cheaper than the price you would have paid if you paid cash...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »

nah the IRS wont come screw with you, they know how much you make...youre employer is supposed to give the IRS a copy of your w2's, 1099's etc you know if you lose a w2 you can contact the IRS and get a copy of your w2?

they know how much you make and if youre not screwing them over they will in general leave you alone...

in all honesty though dont lie there is no need to, if youre really trying to improve your credit instead of just get money then there is no need to lie...

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 09:31:12 PM »
One other question, than I promise to post some men in thongs...

If I don't provide my employer information on an American Express Blue Application does that hurt my chances of getting the card or should I go ahead and give it to them?
S

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »
hahahaha

Seriously, why doesn't Ron pull some strings and get us some rewards?  I'd get some serious airline miles with my embarrassingly high amount of posts...  :o

I agree. This is why I am trying to get my post count up. The more posts you have on GB = the more respect you get from your parents, friends, your boss,  the ladies, etc. Trust me, it's true.
X

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 09:33:17 PM »

also if you can borrow money for 0% intrest and make more investing your money rather than buying whatever with the money why not make the smart move and make your money work for you?

some ppl

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »
One other question, than I promise to post some men in thongs...

If I don't provide my employer information on an American Express Blue Application does that hurt my chances of getting the card or should I go ahead and give it to them?
why would you not fill that in RPF? honestly it sounds like youre trying to hide something?

from what youve told me there is no reason to not tell the truth...you might want to go with capital one or somebody like that they generally have less restrictions and more than one card you can apply for just in case youre worried about getting denied...

alot of them have 0% intrest right now on purchases and balance transfers so if you owe on another card with intrest rates above 0% if might be a good idea to transer the balance.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 09:40:01 PM »
why would you not fill that in RPF? honestly it sounds like youre trying to hide something?

from what youve told me there is no reason to not tell the truth...you might want to go with capital one or somebody like that they generally have less restrictions and more than one card you can apply for just in case youre worried about getting denied...

alot of them have 0% intrest right now on purchases and balance transfers so if you owe on another card with intrest rates above 0% if might be a good idea to transer the balance.

Mission accomplished, American Express Blue looks like it was approved.

You've seen my posts on the political board, I'm a paranoid private kind of guy!

Thanks for the help !  ;D
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »
Mission accomplished, American Express Blue looks like it was approved.

You've seen my posts on the political board, I'm a paranoid private kind of guy!

Thanks for the help !  ;D
LMAO that was my next guess  ;D

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »
also if you can borrow money for 0% intrest and make more investing your money rather than buying whatever with the money why not make the smart move and make your money work for you?

some ppl

sounds awful jewish to me, no thanks.  I rather live in an apartment were I am not in debt like a house for tons of years.  You can save up money to buy a house, it just takes time.  This generation wants everything now, now, now, no waiting, patience is the key, wait 10 or 20 years till you have enough to buy a house and live in a moderate apartment till then. 
TEAM Nasser

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 09:54:45 PM »
sounds awful jewish to me, no thanks.  I rather live in an apartment were I am not in debt like a house for tons of years.  You can save up money to buy a house, it just takes time.  This generation wants everything now, now, now, no waiting, patience is the key, wait 10 or 20 years till you have enough to buy a house and live in a moderate apartment till then. 
LOL 10 to 20 years...ok so lets say you moved out at 18 thats 38 before you get a house...you gonna wait till you get a house to have kids? hmmm so lets add anothe 10yrs to that so 48 before you get in a house...

its not about getting things now brainiac its about doing the smart thing...your going to pay about a grand a month for a decent 2 bedroom apartment in most place...in most place this could be a mortgage payment...so why not live in a house, build equity, have more room?

like I said its not about getting things now its about doing the smart thing... ::)

but again have fun living in your 20k house with your 15 yr old car  by the time your 60 you should be able to afford a new one  ;)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »
I'm so cheap it's scary, I'm like Jim Bob Fucking Dugger...  :o ;D
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 11:17:27 PM »
I'm so cheap it's scary, I'm like Jim Bob Fucking Dugger...  :o ;D
this is not a bad thing being frugal is a virtue in this day and age just remember to make your money work for you dont just sit on it.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »
this is not a bad thing being frugal is a virtue in this day and age just remember to make your money work for you dont just sit on it.

I'm going to do my best to get some assets under by belt soon.  Otherwise I'm going to end up a pathetic old man with bundles of $20's stacked in my closet.  ;D
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 11:29:29 PM »
I'm going to do my best to get some assets under by belt soon.  Otherwise I'm going to end up a pathetic old man with bundles of $20's stacked in my closet.  ;D
I hear they make good matress stuffers too  ;D