Author Topic: O'Reilly Pays Legal Bill for Fallen Marine's Father.  (Read 1830 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
O'Reilly Pays Legal Bill for Fallen Marine's Father.
« on: March 31, 2010, 08:10:38 AM »
O'Reilly Pays Legal Bill for Fallen Marine's Father
Newsmax ^

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:54:39 AM by Blue Turtle

No. 1 cable news host Bill O'Reilly said Tuesday that he will personally write a check to cover $16,500 in legal costs for the father of a fallen U.S. Marine who sued the members of a church who picketed his son's funeral.

According to news reports, the members of the Westboro Baptist Church, located in Topeka, Kan., believe that God is punishing the United States because of its acceptance of gay people. The church garners attention for its views by protesting high-profile funerals.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: O'Reilly Pays Legal Bill for Fallen Marine's Father.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:18:40 AM »
I saw that last night. Good for Bill.

The fact that the court awarded those knuckleheads the win, and made the father pay over $16 grand, is REVOLTING!!!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:20:57 AM »
Good stuff.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 09:33:01 AM »
I don't think it will be long before someone takes matters into their own hands and shoots up those people. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
I don't think it will be long before someone takes matters into their own hands and shoots up those people. 

I know a cop who told me that if someone was a good shot and was about 200-300 yards away and came from out of state to do something like that 90% chance they would easily get away with it.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »
I know a cop who told me that if someone was a good shot and was about 200-300 yards away and came from out of state to do something like that 90% chance they would easily get away with it.   

It's not hard to see that being the truth, even if he was spotted by many i would bet they would turn a blind eye to it.  Buy a rifle on the street, wear gloves, dispose of the rifle in parts and burn any clothing worn.  Chances are people won't try too hard to find you anyway.
Abandon every hope...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »
O'Reilly Pays Legal Bill for Fallen Marine's Father
Newsmax ^

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:54:39 AM by Blue Turtle

No. 1 cable news host Bill O'Reilly said Tuesday that he will personally write a check to cover $16,500 in legal costs for the father of a fallen U.S. Marine who sued the members of a church who picketed his son's funeral.

According to news reports, the members of the Westboro Baptist Church, located in Topeka, Kan., believe that God is punishing the United States because of its acceptance of gay people. The church garners attention for its views by protesting high-profile funerals.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

These are good Christians protesting the iniquity of homosexuality; they are doing God's work. God bless them.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »
It's not hard to see that being the truth, even if he was spotted by many i would bet they would turn a blind eye to it.  Buy a rifle on the street, wear gloves, dispose of the rifle in parts and burn any clothing worn.  Chances are people won't try too hard to find you anyway.

He told me that most crimes and murders are easily solved since they involve family disputes, money, etc.  However, he was telling me that its not like TV and if someone was a good shot and took the time to plan it out they would never get caught at all.  Kind of scary considering how vulnerable we are in that type of scenario. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »
These religious freaks protesting at a soldier's funeral.....I really couldn't care less what happens to them.  That is beyond unacceptable.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »
I only wish it had been paid privately.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 10:04:08 AM »

I LOVE YOUR POSTS MAN!  ;D
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 10:04:47 AM »

Actually, it makes Fox and BOR look great since Madcow and the other left wing freak show stood silent. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »
Actually, it makes Fox and BOR look great since Madcow and the other left wing freak show stood silent. 

Here's my perspective: People who truly hold a values don't need recognition for acting in accordance with them.

I'm not a hater and am glad he "Put his money where his mouth is" and helped a family abused by right wing whackos. It just seems tacky that attention had to be brought to him in the process of helping them.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:58 AM »

Good point.

Left wing idiots have been against the war from the beginning. I am pretty sure they have a grin from ear to ear when this happens at a burial to a fallen soldier.

I can't believe Chris Matthews wouldn't help this family.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »
Here's my perspective: People who truly hold a values don't need recognition for acting in accordance with them.

I'm not a hater and am glad he "Put his money where his mouth is" and helped a family abused by right wing whackos. It just seems tacky that attention had to be brought to him in the process of helping them.

We are talking about ego centric tv hosts here no? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
Just because someone claims to be a Christian or religious,doesnt make it so.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
Just because someone claims to be a Christian or religious,doesnt make it so.

How so?
I hate the State.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »

Problem is Liberal jackoffs don't do anything privately or publicly. They are good at talking a good game about helping others, but like Obama, they never give up any of their own money.

And all of the sudden these are right wing whackos? They oppose a war supported by the right and the left. VOTED for by the left, as well as the right. That is something that can not be denied.

Even if O'Reilly had done it privately, the family would eventually had given up his name. Don't be mad that a right wing nut job beat the liberal fags to the punch.

HEHEHE!! You are a fool.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 10:22:33 AM »
We are talking about ego centric tv hosts here no? 

Sort of.

I'm specifically wondering if it is a true value or just showboating. Something helpful being done privately would make it seem more sincere.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »
How so?

Are you really this stupid?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »
Sort of.

I'm specifically wondering if it is a true value or just showboating. Something helpful being done privately would make it seem more sincere.

Ratings, rating, ratings.  Think about it.  If BOR even gets a few minutes of time on other networks over this, is it worth 16k in the theme of things? 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »
Are you really this stupid?

Far from it and you are missing my point completely. Anyone can claim to be religious and anyone can likewise make the claim they are not. It's a moot and senseless point to make. People who act out of religious conviction are, by definition, religious, regardless of what your perception of what 'right' and wrong religion might be.
I hate the State.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Problem is Liberal jackoffs don't do anything privately or publicly. They are good at talking a good game about helping others, but like Obama, they never give up any of their own money.

And all of the sudden these are right wing whackos? They oppose a war supported by the right and the left. VOTED for by the left, as well as the right. That is something that can not be denied.

Even if O'Reilly had done it privately, the family would eventually had given up his name. Don't be mad that a right wing nut job beat the liberal fags to the punch.

HEHEHE!! You are a fool.

They have been whackos all along. Some light reading would inform you that the church is mostly made up of family members and its main activity is protesting at funerals of dead vets. They believe these deaths are God's punishment for accepting gay people.

I never expressed anger at O'Reilly or anyone else. I merely question the sincerity of anyone who needs public adulation for doing whatever they claim is the right thing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:16 AM »
Far from it and you are missing my point completely. Anyone claim to be religious and anyone can likewise make the claim they are not. It's a moot and senseless point to make. People who act out of religious conviction are, by definition, religious, regardless of what your perception of what 'right' and wrong religion might be.

Look, whatever the motive, BOR did the right thing.  

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 10:36:11 AM »
Look, whatever the motive, BOR did the right thing.  

With his money, he could do a lot more of the 'right thing'. He is just doing it for attention.
I hate the State.