Author Topic: GH15 might want to look in to The Luke knowledge  (Read 126126 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Re: Levrone had 22 inch guns in contestshape
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2010, 07:32:21 AM »
Actually, Ferrigno's arms were measured at just over 21 inches before his big Olympia comeback.

The Luke

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:33 AM »
Actually, Ferrigno's arms were measured at just over 21 inches before his big Olympia comeback.

The Luke

and those were some huge fucking arms!

that proves my point

Per Se

• Getbig III
Re: Levrone had 24 inch guns in contestshape
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
When I was 175, I had 17 inch arms. And I wasn't a fat fuk. So I guess I threw is stats off...height has A lot to do with it, and I am 5'5.

I'm 175 and have arms 17" at 5'6".
How much do u weigh now?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »
This is an example of great arm building genetics

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2010, 08:01:40 AM »
How much do u weigh now?

Both of you are still within 0.75'' of the scale I proposed... and only deviate at all because you are shorter than average (not a barb, I'm 5'5'' myself).

If either of you were average height, you'd fit the scale precisely.

The Luke

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2010, 08:11:58 AM »
This is an example of great arm building genetics

Where is Joe Bucci now do you know?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
hahaah per se you are lucky you fit into lukes formula
or else....
hahahaha this guy is hilarious..
choice is an illusion

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out who is crazier, HugeRipped or The Luke  :D
X

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2010, 08:26:26 AM »
Mesomorph78,

Ronnie was the best bodybuilder in history... but his arms were never 24''.

Gregg Valentino's oil filled arms were 24''... Ronnie's were never that big. But Ronnie's were probably 22'' at their biggest, which is still amazing.

That's reality: accept it.

I know you feel that Ronnie's arms must have been 24'' considering your natural arms are 20''... but I can explain that... your arms aren't 20'', measure them properly if you don't believe me.

The way you keep insisting you have these monstrous arms, arms so far outside the long-established and accepted arm/bodyweight ratios, makes it seem that you are trying to convince YOURSELF more so than others.

The Luke

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2010, 08:30:52 AM »

another thing i notice luke keeps throwing around measurements that he read about... flex has said dillet arms were measured at 23 inches and colemans at 23 inches....ive read that arnolds arm was measured at 21 so why take one reading as  truith and the other reading as false...
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2010, 08:34:46 AM »
Mesomorph78,

Ronnie was the best bodybuilder in history... but his arms were never 24''.

Gregg Valentino's oil filled arms were 24''... Ronnie's were never that big. But Ronnie's were probably 22'' at their biggest, which is still amazing.

That's reality: accept it.

I know you feel that Ronnie's arms must have been 24'' considering your natural arms are 20''... but I can explain that... your arms aren't 20'', measure them properly if you don't believe me.

The way you keep insisting you have these monstrous arms, arms so far outside the long-established and accepted arm/bodyweight ratios, makes it seem that you are trying to convince YOURSELF more so than others.

The Luke

i dont care what greg valentinos arms were meausred at i read somewhere they were measured at 28 inches.....so whats your point???
which one is true..... i guess you determine that
its simple
if you are that sure that im a liar...
bear in mind ive proved EVERY claim ive ever made here EVERY one
if u think im lying ...go for the wager... simple....
and i will post a video up....of a cold and pumped measurement ... and that will end the discussion...
your going by what u read in a book or magazine..
im going by what i know i have 100%.... hanging off the end of my shoulders
simple
choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2010, 08:44:29 AM »
How much do u weigh now?
Like 145, been doing more running and cardio than lifting. I'm officially on tiny tit status ;D Haven't been steady lifting since 6 mos ago. If I stop posting for bit, that will show I'm in the gym.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2010, 08:52:20 AM »

another thing i notice luke keeps throwing around measurements that he read about... flex has said dillet arms were measured at 23 inches and colemans at 23 inches....ive read that arnolds arm was measured at 21 so why take one reading as  truith and the other reading as false...

You can't be serious dude...?

Flex Wheeler claimed to have 23.5'' arms at 225 lbs at his pro debut in 1993... so does that mean he LOST a couple of inches on his arms by filling them with synthol and adding 20 lbs of muscle later in his career?

At the '93 Olympia (Dorian's best showing) he weighed 257 lbs and had the biggest arms on stage... despite his arms being just less than 20'' (as admitted by Dorian himself and measured at a seminar a month after the show).

I go by VERIFIED arms measurements. Posting more and more pictures of bodybuilders doesn't prove anything.

There's even an entire field of scientific research dedicate to these sorts of measurements... it's called "anthropometry": look it up.

The only person who ever measured Arnold's arm at 21''... was Arnold himself; he then claimed they were 21'' in the first printing of his book; modern printings claim a 22'' arm... I'm sure when he passes his gravestone will claim 25'' arms.

The only person who ever claimed Dillet's arms were 23'' was Flex Wheeler... if Dillet's arms were 23'' and Wheeler's arms were also 23'', why do both compare so poorly to Lee Priest's barely 21'' arms (contest shape)?

No one has ever verified a bodybuilder having a genuine 24'' arm at 10% bf (or lower).

Back in the 70s before all this bullshit started the only people to verify an arm measurement of 20'' were a 250 lb (all time heaviest) Sergio Oliva (who was ALL arms even at that bodyweight), a 290 lb (lean) Ray Mentzer and a 240 lb (at 5'5'') Eddie Robinson (who, like Lee Priest, was slightly dwarfish and ALL arms).

There's a reason bodybuilders don't verify their arm measurements... almost all of them are lying.

Someone post a pic of Gregg Valentino and Ronnie Coleman side by side to shut this fool up once and for all. Please.

The Luke

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »
OK I def believe these guys blow up their measurements and would guess that the biggest is 22" on stage. But easy guy.Ray Mentzer was 290 lean? Yeah right wheres the proof on that one? They lie about their weights too by the way. I would bet that Flex's arms were bigger in their appearance and their measurement than Dorians in '93. Wheres the article or vid of Flex saying his arms were 23" in his rookie year? Def later on when he pumped them up with synthol he was blowing up his measurements but that was '98 I am guessing

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2010, 09:07:39 AM »
You are the fool who is everyone laughing ??at it doesn't matter what you say I know how to measure my arms and they are 19.6 cold and 20 pumped I'm happy with that you are the one not happy with it and refuting the claim therefore wager simple and I'll get simons to video me measuring my arms again till then don't make reference to me or my arms  I've entertained you long enough.

choice is an illusion

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »
15'' arm assumed to be 150 lbs of solid muscle ...everyone can agree with this, it holds for most average build average height non-trainers

16'' arm would go with 171 lbs ...which surprisingly matches most middleweights mass/measurement ratio

17'' arm would go with 193 lbs ...which surprisingly matches the mass/measurement ratio for most 202 competitors, and Franco Colombu

18'' arm would go with 216 lbs ...which surprisingly matches the verified mass/measurement ratio for most 1970s competitors

19'' arm would go with 241 lbs ...which surprisingly matches Schwarzenegger's verified mass/measurement ratio

20'' arm would go with 267 lbs ...which surprisingly matches Dorian Yates' verified (offseason '93) mass/measurement ratio

21'' arm would go with 294 lbs ...which surprisingly matches Lou Ferrigno's verified mass/measurement ratio

22'' arm would go with 323 lbs ...which surprisingly matches Ronnie's VERIFIED mass/measurement ratio

...do we dare to extrapolate a little further after all this direct correlation showing just how right the math is?

23'' arm would go with 353 lbs ...a measurement claimed by a contest ready 225 lb Flex Wheeler (oh borther)

24'' arm would go with 384 lbs ...the measurement you tools ascribe to Ronnie Coleman: 384 lbs at about 10% bf

These calculations are about right on for a bodybuilder in contest shape with extremely low bodyfat

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »
Both of you are still within 0.75'' of the scale I proposed... and only deviate at all because you are shorter than average (not a barb, I'm 5'5'' myself).

If either of you were average height, you'd fit the scale precisely.

The Luke

Cool thanks for that.  So what is the maximum size my arms can be as a 5'6" natural Luke?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
OK I def believe these guys blow up their measurements and would guess that the biggest is 22" on stage. But easy guy.Ray Mentzer was 290 lean? Yeah right wheres the proof on that one? They lie about their weights too by the way. I would bet that Flex's arms were bigger in their appearance and their measurement than Dorians in '93. Wheres the article or vid of Flex saying his arms were 23" in his rookie year? Def later on when he pumped them up with synthol he was blowing up his measurements but that was '98 I am guessing

I used to collect Flex magazines back in 92/93/94 (for shame!)... Wheeler told so many lies about his measurements it was unreal: 23.5'' arms COLD on contest day; 22'' calves; 28'' waist etc etc. Whereas an off-season 280 lb (pre-bi/tri-tears) Dorian actually let seminar attendees measure his arms: 20.25''.

Look at pics of the '93 Olympia... Dorian dwarfed EVERYONE and even had the biggest arms on stage.

As for Ray Mentzer, he continued to train into the 80s even though he didn't compete (I think it's Vince Basile on this board who knew him very well) and reached 290/300 lbs eventually, in very good condition... at which point he had a genuine 20'' arm. I believe he was also squatting in excess of 600 lbs and benching more than 500 lbs at this time.

The whole reason I typed out all that tedious mathematics was to show just how ridiculous these claims actually are.

Robert Kennedy's MuscleMag (before it was taken over by MuscleTech) used to run hype stories on Greg Kovacs with his supposed 25'' taped arms on show for all to see... even as a kid I remember looking at those pics and counting the nine one inch increments visible on the tape from the bottom of his triceps to the top of his biceps and thinking: nine inches visible on the front of the arms... plus another nine inches visible on the back of the arm... plus another two inches lost where the tape circles his bicep peak and tricep belly... plus another inch for the benefit of the doubt... that's still only 21 inches; not 25 inches.

That's when I became interested in anthropomentry.

But bodybuilding is bodybuilding... and every 160 lb cagefighter has a 22'' arm.

The Luke

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:03 AM »
Like 145, been doing more running and cardio than lifting. I'm officially on tiny tit status ;D Haven't been steady lifting since 6 mos ago. If I stop posting for bit, that will show I'm in the gym.

Lol, come on man, the two are not mutually exclusive....u can lift every day of the week if u want to AND post on Getbig, AND God forbid, even have a full time job!!

Get ur ass back in the gym!!   8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2010, 09:38:51 AM »
Lol, come on man, the two are not mutually exclusive....u can lift every day of the week if u want to AND post on Getbig, AND God forbid, even have a full time job!!

Get ur ass back in the gym!!   8)
too true, but I find myself addicted and putting it off... Monday starts off the get back in the gym movement and capoeira.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2010, 10:02:08 AM »
Cool thanks for that.  So what is the maximum size my arms can be as a 5'6" natural Luke?

Well... that's a tricky question.

Let me give you an example... when I was working construction I did a lot of traipsing up and down flights of stairs carrying these god-damn 150 lb glass wardrobe doors... 50 doors in a day; averaging 5 flights of stairs per door; it all adds up.

One day I measured my swollen calves first thing in the morning when I woke up...

Now remember, I'm the perfect genetic group for calf size: Irish; at least one red hair gene; short (5'5''); barrel-chested and dumpy; shortened shins, shortened forearms... add to this the best possible muscle shape: my gastroc extends a full halfway down my shin and my soleus muscle extends two thirds of the way to my heel; and my ankle measurement actually exceeds the length of my foot heel to toe (robust).

My calves measured 18.8''... so big that they rubbed together when I walked.

Now people think this means a natural bodybuilder my size with excellent arm genetics could similarly achieve such a measurement round his upper arm: but that is not true. No 5'6'' dude has a 9'' wrist (what would be necessary to have 19'' arms naturally).

Western/Northern European whites (Brehin genetic group) can achieve a calf measurement an inch or two bigger than their maximum arm measurement (at a particular bodyweight), but that doesn't mean a central African black with more upper body muscle can reverse that ratio. Both groups tend to have similar maximum natural arms measurements at a given height... the black guys just tend to have calves one or two inches smaller than their arms, while the white guys tend to have arms an inch smaller than their (larger) calves.

Whites have robust calves... blacks don't have robust arms; they have gracile calves and gracile bone structure (small elbows/wrists). Both groups have roughly the same amount of upper arm muscle (in terms of cells) it just looks bigger on the small-framed black guys. Whites have more muscle cells in the calves (this is all in terms of averages), but this is usually accompanied by thicker hips and a larger pelvis (blockiness).

So even with 18+'' calves at 220 lbs at 5'5'' (fat with a pot belly) I'd never have an 18'' arm.

On a 5'6'' natural, I've only once seen an 18'' arm... and it looked enormous.

A better guide would be for a heavily built; thick-wristed natural to attempt to match the measurements of a slightly built; slender-framed pro who didn't megadose or manipulate insulin... Lee Labrada (5'6'' and 180-195 lbs) springs to mind: that's an 18'' arm offseason, 17 and change precontest, maybe even less.

Hope this helps (seriously).

Short answer: add 10 inches to your wrist measurment, there's your maximum natural arm.

The Luke

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2010, 10:34:27 AM »
mesomorpf you lost a lot of energy here proving your point, you could have already posted a video about your mesurement of a cold arm, forget about that 100 bucks challange that wont happen you know that, so just post the video otherwise you re just another shittalker

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
I can live with you or anyone else thinking I'm a shittalker ;)
choice is an illusion

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
What a real 20 inch arm looks like.

This was measured with a plastic tape, slightly pumped.

When Ellington Darden measured Eddie Robinson the Arthur Jones way, paper tape, cold measurement, it was 20 inches.

Eddie Robinson was off season, 5'7" I think around 240/250lbs...not sure

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »
Eddie Robinson was off season, 5'7" I think around 240/250lbs...not sure

Think Eddie Robinson was actually about 5'5'' (the 5'7'' number keeps coming up but I don't think he's taller than Lee Priest).

I believe he was 250 lbs when he had a genuine 20'' arm; he was also able to bench more than 500 lbs (even held the teen bench record).

A lot of the reason why smaller/shorter guys (such as Eddie Robinson and Lee Priest) can have such large arms is because they're usually not really short guys: they're tall or average height guys who have been stunted somewhat: and end up with average/tall muscle architecture on shortened limbs... long torsos are a very obvious symptom of this. Whereas naturally small/short guys like Lee Labrada and Danny Padilla have a much more proportionate build.

The Luke