Author Topic: PRIDE Champion takes humilating loss to TUFer  (Read 9549 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: PRIDE Champion takes humilating loss to TUFer
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »
I got news for you genius, TUF guys ARE UFC fighters...lol.  

And, when the orgs merged three years ago, Pride guys were made to look like shiat.  Forrest decimated Shogun.  Lesnar embarrassed Heath, Sokoudjou was exposed by Machida, Wandy lost to Chuck, Big Nog lost to Mir, etc.  The only guy that had some success was Rampage, but ultimately he too a TUF winner...Forrest.

The bottom line is that the UFC was and is better than Pride, and Pride is no more.  Gomi's embarrassing loss is a sweet reminder of that :)    

oh please, you mentioned tuf fighters in a way to make them seem inferior to typical ufc fighters ::)

if you're going to knock pride fighters for losing to them, you're going to have to do the same for your ufc heroes, and liddel lost to friggin keith jardine

heath and sokodjou?  when were they elite fighters?  heck sokodjou even lost in affliction, with your "logic" that makes affliction better ::)

why do you conveniently keep forgetting that nog was heavyweight champ and he beat randy and tim sylvia, who basically owned your ufc heavyweight division for years?

when they merged, the pride fighters became ufc champs, "forget" that if it makes you feel less owned ;D

and nobody gives a shit about 155 lb fighters, the big boys were in pride andthe faces of ufc like sylvia, arlovski, couture, liddell got owned by the best pride had to offer

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »
What IS very obvious is that Fedor can not continue to keep his phony #1 status based on his wins against 'top talent' 5 years ago.
He needs to be fighting guys that are relevant in today's HW division. Rodgers, Arvloski and Sylvia are hardly top of the division. The wins he had in PRIDE have proven to be pretty meaningless in today's MMA as well. No doubt he is a legend for what he DID....but what he DOES now is what I am complaining about.

who should be ranked ahead of him?

cain velazquez for beating nog?  fedor beat him twice

carwin for beating mir and gonzaga?  gonzaga was a one hit wonder and mir is inconsistent

lesnar?  whatt wins on his record look better than all of fedor's?

oh and last time pride aired a show arlovski and syliva were at the top of the ufc heavyweight division, more proof that when pride existed it's heavyweight division was much better

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 12:03:43 PM »
who should be ranked ahead of him?

cain velazquez for beating nog?  fedor beat him twice

carwin for beating mir and gonzaga?  gonzaga was a one hit wonder and mir is inconsistent

lesnar?  whatt wins on his record look better than all of fedor's?

oh and last time pride aired a show arlovski and syliva were at the top of the ufc heavyweight division, more proof that when pride existed it's heavyweight division was much better

E

Let me make clear a few things up for you....

If Fedor fought any one of the current UFC contenders (Brock, Carwin, Cain, Mir or Dos Santos) or Barnett, or Overeem, I would say that he can keep his #1 status.

Fighting Rodgers and EX-UFC champs from a few years back does not quite cut it. Hope this is clear enough.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 12:07:47 PM »
you didn't answer my first question, who should be ranked ahead of him?

funny how people always throw around the word "overrated" but often can't tell you who should be ranked ahead of them

people just like to hate on the best :)

E
E

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 12:08:52 PM »

Hold on there, Fedor is fighting Werdum in June!  ::)
!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »
you didn't answer my first question, who should be ranked ahead of him?

funny how people always throw around the word "overrated" but often can't tell you who should be ranked ahead of them

people just like to hate on the best :)

E

I would say the winner of Carwin/Lesnar should be ranked#1. Currently, Brock should be #1. He does  hold the belt in the toughest HW division in the world.
IMO Ferdor deserves #2....if that. You can't ride on your previous wins forever.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 12:14:31 PM »
Hold on there, Fedor is fighting Werdum in June!  ::)

Yea....'top contender' Werdum ::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: 2
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »
I would say the winner of Carwin/Lesnar should be ranked#1. Currently, Brock should be #1. He does  hold the belt in the toughest HW division in the world.
IMO Ferdor deserves #2....if that. You can't ride on your previous wins forever.

and you can't lose your ranking when you never lose

when was the last time brock fought?  last summer?  why is fedor penalized by you for fighting brett rogers in november?

why is brett rogers worse than all of ufc's heavyweights?  he had a quick knockout of arlovski, who as mentioned before was at the top of ufc's heavyweight division while pride was up and running :)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
all fighters eventually lose, some get old and some just get caught

some day the same will happen to fedor

i'm sure the ufc fanboys are salivating at the thought of saying "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WAS ALWAYS OVERRATED" ::) ::)

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 12:31:16 PM »
all fighters eventually lose, some get old and some just get caught

some day the same will happen to fedor

i'm sure the ufc fanboys are salivating at the thought of saying "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WAS ALWAYS OVERRATED" ::) ::)

E

If Fedor doesn't get into the UFC in the next 3 years, he will be past his prime and there will be no glory in beating him then. 
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »
If Fedor doesn't get into the UFC in the next 3 years, he will be past his prime and there will be no glory in beating him then. 

agreed

but you'll say he was overrated, right?

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »
nope.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »
and you can't lose your ranking when you never lose

when was the last time brock fought?  last summer?  why is fedor penalized by you for fighting brett rogers in november?

why is brett rogers worse than all of ufc's heavyweights?  he had a quick knockout of arlovski, who as mentioned before was at the top of ufc's heavyweight division while pride was up and running :)

E

Brock was not out by choice. Fedor has been dodging fights out for what reason? Are you telling me Werdum is a legit contender to validate Fedor's #1 status?

Rodgers....come on. We all know he is one dimensional and Fedor even struggled with him.

Why is Fedor dodging Overeem?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »
Brock was not out by choice. Fedor has been dodging fights out for what reason? Are you telling me Werdum is a legit contender to validate Fedor's #1 status?

Rodgers....come on. We all know he is one dimensional and Fedor even struggled with him.

Why is Fedor dodging Overeem?

isn't fedor making more money out of the ufc?

if rodgers is one dimensional than what is lesnar?  has shane carwin ever submitted a guy?

how did fedor struggle with him?  because he had a bloody nose?  are you serious?  a 2nd round knockout is struggling?

fedor haters nitpick every little thing, that's why i know all of you can't wait to call him overrated when he finally loses , you expect him to make all of his opponents look like zulu ::)

no i don't think werdum is an exciting opponent for him, but i do think werdum is capable of beating just about anybody, except fedor

as for overeem, i can't take him seriously he struggled with much smaller fighters and werdum beat him, so i'd say out of the two he deserves a shot more

E

E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
isn't fedor making more money out of the ufc?

if rodgers is one dimensional than what is lesnar?  has shane carwin ever submitted a guy?

how did fedor struggle with him?  because he had a bloody nose?  are you serious?  a 2nd round knockout is struggling?

fedor haters nitpick every little thing, that's why i know all of you can't wait to call him overrated when he finally loses , you expect him to make all of his opponents look like zulu ::)

no i don't think werdum is an exciting opponent for him, but i do think werdum is capable of beating just about anybody, except fedor

as for overeem, i can't take him seriously he struggled with much smaller fighters and werdum beat him, so i'd say out of the two he deserves a shot more

E

I seriously doubt Fedor is making more money out of the UFC...but nobody really knows that but Fedor.

Carwin and Lesnar have devastating wrestling as well as knockout power. Has Carwin ever needed to take a fight to the ground? He has never taken a fight more then a couple of minutes.

Please note that I will call Fedor over rated when he loses...just as I am now. He has made bad choices the past couple of years regarding his legacy/career. Fedor very well can still be the best in the world...he just needs to prove it by fighting in the 'big leagues' ;D

Enough of the playing around. Fedor needs to realize that some of us keyboard warriors spend a great deal of our time debating this. We need him to prove himself so we all can move on :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2010, 02:22:18 PM »
brett rogers also won his fights in the first round by knockout

i want him in the ufc too but if he's making more money i don't blame him, the top mma fighters aren't getting pay days like tyson or de la hoya

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2010, 03:09:34 PM »
Fedor is not making more out of the UFC.  His income consists of fight payouts, sponsor money & 10% of the 50% that M1 gets for co-promotions. 

The fight payout $$ is probably similar in the UFC vs. StrikeForce.  However the sponsor payout is SIGNIFICANTLY higher with the UFC, since they get considerably more views.  The co-promotion payout is in essence 5% of the NET PROFIT that StrikeForce makes.  In the UFC he would make 5% of the PV revenues...a much higher number.  Not to mention, with the UFC, he would have more longevity and an opportunity to build his brand in the US.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 06:35:41 AM »
Rua had a disastrous showing in his UFC debut. He was choked out by Griffin which at this point I don't ever see happening again.  Rua worked on his conditioning and he looked great against Liddell and Machida. Gomi has a lot to work on as well but if he puts in the effort he can be competitive.

Gomi needs to consult a non-Japanese boxing and conditioning coach pronto.  He needs to work on those looping punches that leave him wide open. His cardio is atrocious as well.
A

James

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 06:51:29 AM »
really?

big nog - heavyweight champ

rampage - light heavyweight champ

anderson silva - middle weight champ

shogun - should be light heavyweight champ and smashed ufc poster boy chuck liddell, which brings me to my next point chuck was the champ the last time pride aired a show

none of the top guys then (aside from the great fedor) are still top guys today

When was "Big Nog" the UFC Heavyweight Champ?   ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 07:55:44 AM »
Rua had a disastrous showing in his UFC debut. He was choked out by Griffin which at this point I don't ever see happening again.  Rua worked on his conditioning and he looked great against Liddell and Machida. Gomi has a lot to work on as well but if he puts in the effort he can be competitive.

Gomi needs to consult a non-Japanese boxing and conditioning coach pronto.  He needs to work on those looping punches that leave him wide open. His cardio is atrocious as well.

Rua had reinjured his knee prior to the Griffin fight. Now that he is healthy, I don't think anyone at 205 can beat him except Machida. Gomi looked rusty and he got thrown to the wolves right away. Outside of a rematch against BJ Penn, I cant think of a tougher fight at 155 for a debut in the octogon. He will get better also.

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 08:18:19 AM »
Bones Jones can beat Rua.  Rashad may also beat Rua by lnp.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 08:22:33 AM »
brett rogers also won his fights in the first round by knockout

i want him in the ufc too but if he's making more money i don't blame him, the top mma fighters aren't getting pay days like tyson or de la hoya

E

Nor should they.  The org needs to make most of the money to ensure longevity and a profitable business.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »
When was "Big Nog" the UFC Heavyweight Champ?   ::)

what are you rolling your eyes at "james"?

he choked out tim sylvia

E
E

James

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 11:34:21 AM »
what are you rolling your eyes at "james"?

he choked out tim sylvia

E

Tim Silvia was not the UFC Heavy Weight Champ at that time. He had already lost the belt to Randy Couture. the fight was for a make believe interim belt.

To be the champ , you have to beat the champ, and Tim Sylvia was not the champ.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 12:07:07 PM »
Tim Silvia was not the UFC Heavy Weight Champ at that time. He had already lost the belt to Randy Couture. the fight was for a make believe interim belt.

To be the champ , you have to beat the champ, and Tim Sylvia was not the champ.

well there was a belt wrapped around his waist, he then beat ufc hero couture

sounds like a champ to me, the ufc recongnized him as champ

your anti pride mentality changes nothing :-*

E
E