Author Topic: PRIDE Champion takes humilating loss to TUFer  (Read 9536 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: PRIDE Champion takes humilating loss to TUFer
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2010, 12:58:38 PM »
well there was a belt wrapped around his waist, he then beat ufc hero couture

sounds like a champ to me, the ufc recongnized him as champ

your anti pride mentality changes nothing :-*

E

Funny how much things have changed in just a few short years. Nog, once one of PRIDES best, just got destroyed by the 'new generation' of UFC HW talent.
This is why we need Fedor in the UFC....so we can see how he does with this new talent. :D

James

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »
well there was a belt wrapped around his waist, he then beat ufc hero couture

sounds like a champ to me, the ufc recongnized him as champ

your anti pride mentality changes nothing Kiss

E

When he fought Couture, Couture was no longer champion either, as Couture had already lost the Belt to Lesnar, So Big Nog was never the true Heavy Weight Champion.

And I am not anti Pride at all, please show me one post that shows this ?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »
Funny how much things have changed in just a few short years. Nog, once one of PRIDES best, just got destroyed by the 'new generation' of UFC HW talent.
This is why we need Fedor in the UFC....so we can see how he does with this new talent. :D

and the elite ufc fighters of those days also have been "destroyed"

matt hughes, chuck liddell, randy coutour, tito ortiz, tim sylvia, andrei arlovski, rich franklin

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2010, 06:42:23 PM »
When he fought Couture, Couture was no longer champion either, as Couture had already lost the Belt to Lesnar, So Big Nog was never the true Heavy Weight Champion.

And I am not anti Pride at all, please show me one post that shows this ?

he beat the interim and "real" champ, he was given a belt

everybody other than you considers him a ufc heavyweight champ

i guess since mir beat nog he wasn't a champ either?

E
E

James

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »
he beat the interim and "real" champ, he was given a belt

everybody other than you considers him a ufc heavyweight champ

i guess since mir beat nog he wasn't a champ either?

E

He did not beat the Champ, plain and simple. When he fought Tim Sylvia, Tim Sylvia had already lost the Belt to Couture. and when Nog fought Couture, Couture had already lost the Belt to Lesnar.

Once again, to be the Champ, you have to beat the Champ, and nobody but you considers an Interim Belt to be the true UFC Champion

Just like now,  nobody considers Shane Carwin to be the UFC Heavy Weight Champion, (even though he was a was given a Interim Belt a few weeks ago, when he beat Mir, just like Nog was given when he beat Tim Sylivia.)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »

He did not beat the Champ, plain and simple. When he fought Tim Sylvia, Tim Sylvia had already lost the Belt to Couture. and when Nog fought Couture, Couture had already lost the Belt to Lesnar.

Once again, to be the Champ, you have to beat the Champ, and nobody but you considers an Interim Belt to be the true UFC Champion

Just like now,  nobody considers Shane Carwin to be the UFC Heavy Weight Champion, (even though he was a was given a Interim Belt a few weeks ago, when he beat Mir, just like Nog was given when he beat Tim Sylivia.)

dana white recognizes him as a ufc champ, he beat both sylvia and coutour so stop acting like nog hasn't accomplished much in the ufc ::)

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2010, 08:57:17 PM »
and the elite ufc fighters of those days also have been "destroyed"

matt hughes, chuck liddell, randy coutour, tito ortiz, tim sylvia, andrei arlovski, rich franklin

E

All these fighters have aged and new talent has come in. Can't really say Franklin or Hughes have been destroyed. Franklin was destroyed by Anderson Silva, but who hasn't been.

Thanks for reinforcing my previous statement. This is why I feel that Fedor's #1 status is based on his wins from years ago. All he has been fighting is UFC rejects lately and a lazy, fat LHW who is fighting at HW in his last win.

All the guys you mentioned except Sylvia are capable of putting on good fights, they just are not top competition anymore.
Sylvia is an embarrassment to the sport, fighting freak show fights.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »
All these fighters have aged and new talent has come in. Can't really say Franklin or Hughes have been destroyed. Franklin was destroyed by Anderson Silva, but who hasn't been.

Thanks for reinforcing my previous statement. This is why I feel that Fedor's #1 status is based on his wins from years ago. All he has been fighting is UFC rejects lately and a lazy, fat LHW who is fighting at HW in his last win.

All the guys you mentioned except Sylvia are capable of putting on good fights, they just are not top competition anymore.
Sylvia is an embarrassment to the sport, fighting freak show fights.

so nog and pride fighters can't age, or only ufc fighters can?

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »

E

You must have misunderstood. Of course they have aged. Fedor has aged too. Mix that up with 'new talent' and HW's that weight 280 lean in the ring and there really is not a chance for these 'older' guys.

All I am saying is I highly doubt Fedor stands a chance against this new breed. At least he is smart and knows to stay away.
Therefore he needs to relinquish his #1 status or step up. Either way he will be vacating it soon ;D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »
Gomi looked totally unprepared for the fight.  The worst I have seen him.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »
What new breed? You mean the completely untested and unproven fighters in the UFC HW division? Yes, this new breed sure is intimidating. They're so skilled and gifted that a former WWE freakshow waltzed in and took the belt within a year of joining. Hahahaha, how intimidating!!!!  ::)

Who is Fedor going to vacate it to? The guy with the AMAZING 4-1 who faked an illness and will end up having not fought for 1+ years? Not likely in the eyes of any true MMA fan. That's true MMA fan, not UFC fanboys like yourself and Yemeni.

The new breed of HW are the powerhouse 280lbs monsters that are dominating currently. I think Cain and Dos Santos are more like the highly skilled HW's that we are used to seeing. They all have a shot at being #1 someday....but it is hard to compete with guys that weigh 280 lbs of muscle when you weigh 240 at best. I will admit that Carwin and Lesnar are not the most technical, but nobody has found a formula for dealing with these big guys.

You think Brock faked his illness huh?? Well Fedor has had many fixed fights as well? What's your point with a statement like that. ::)

Please answer this for me: Is fighting Werdum really enough for Fedor to maintain his #1 status?

Maybe after the Werdum fight, Fedor can fight Coleman again to validate his #1 HW status? I hear Coleman is a free agent.

Besides....Fedor likes fighting UFC rejects and cans. :o

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 01:09:22 PM »
You must have misunderstood. Of course they have aged. Fedor has aged too. Mix that up with 'new talent' and HW's that weight 280 lean in the ring and there really is not a chance for these 'older' guys.

All I am saying is I highly doubt Fedor stands a chance against this new breed. At least he is smart and knows to stay away.
Therefore he needs to relinquish his #1 status or step up. Either way he will be vacating it soon ;D

seriously what have you seen in the ufc that makes you believe he doesn't stand a chance?

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »
seriously what have you seen in the ufc that makes you believe he doesn't stand a chance?

E

It's what Fedor has NOT been doing that makes me think he has no chance.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »
Can't see anything when Dana White is dangling his dice on WeightPSHR's face.

I knew you couldn't answer my question above. Sometimes it's just to easy.
What's the matter....afraid of your own answer?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
It's what Fedor has NOT been doing that makes me think he has no chance.

and who has done more?

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »

E

They all age, which is why Fedor is not the best.  He's a past his prime, over-hyped tomato can. :P
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
and who has done more?

E

Carwin,Cain, Dos Santos, Mir, Lesnar. Lesnar had a serious illness...so got to cut him a little slack.
Rodgers is the only semi-tough fight Fedor has fought in a couple of years and he got rocked a few times.
Think about it. Rodgers is truly a fat LHW fighting at HW. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »
Carwin,Cain, Dos Santos, Mir, Lesnar. Lesnar had a serious illness...so got to cut him a little slack.
Rodgers is the only semi-tough fight Fedor has fought in a couple of years and he got rocked a few times.
Think about it. Rodgers is truly a fat LHW fighting at HW. 

none of those guys have a more impressive resume over the last few years, heck most of them have a loss

one punch to the nose is not "rocked a few times" ::)

if you want to see a fighter get rocked but still pull out a win, watch brock vs 45 year old randy

rodgers is well over 6'2 and you think that's a fat lhw ???

you have no clue what you are talking about, which was obvious since your first post in this thread

E

E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »
none of those guys have a more impressive resume over the last few years, heck most of them have a loss

one punch to the nose is not "rocked a few times" ::)

if you want to see a fighter get rocked but still pull out a win, watch brock vs 45 year old randy

rodgers is well over 6'2 and you think that's a fat lhw ???

you have no clue what you are talking about, which was obvious since your first post in this thread

E

Randy did get rocked...but for one he is not afraid to fight the best. He is also not ranked #1 either.
By your logic a loss means you suck huh? No wonder you are a Fedor fan.

Because someone is 6'2 thry have to be a HW. WTF? Many LHW's are 6'2".

You obviously are an  expired PRIDE fan who forgets this is 2010. Fedor's fight career has seen better days. Sorry to break the news to you.

Why can't anyone answer my question?

Does fighting Werdum really justify Fedor's #1 status?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2010, 12:44:01 AM »

Rich got blasted, I mean blasted by Vitor.  Hughes got smashed by Alves and his last fight with GSP was embarassing. 

As for Gomi, his best years have been behind him for a while now,  Gomi admitted after Pride folded he had a really hard time motivating himself and he fell in love with helping and training younger fighters.  If he would have been KO'd by Florian that might look really bad but Gomi has always had trouble with elite JJ fighters.

If you think Florian would have even made it past the first round with Gomi five years at the stage in their developments you're delusional.

This Pride versus UFC stuff is played out,  Pride hasn't existed for years now, that would be like doing Rings vs Pride 5 or 6 years ago.  Of course guys are going to fade as the years go by.  Look at Chuck, Tito, Frank Shamrock;  the game passes everyone by eventually.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 08:21:26 AM »

This Pride versus UFC stuff is played out,  Pride hasn't existed for years now, that would be like doing Rings vs Pride 5 or 6 years ago.  Of course guys are going to fade as the years go by.  Look at Chuck, Tito, Frank Shamrock;  the game passes everyone by eventually.
That is all the more reason why its great to make fun of those still clinging to the days gone by of PRIDE and how great it was.
!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »
That is all the more reason why its great to make fun of those still clinging to the days gone by of PRIDE and how great it was.

Could not agree more. Those same guys are clinging to the legend that Fedor once was. Well...now that I think about it, Fedor is still riding the success of those victories as well. Technically, it's not all those PIRDE fantasy fans fault.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 11:54:08 AM »

Why can't anyone answer my question?

Does fighting Werdum really justify Fedor's #1 status?

Yes bro, I can.

It helps yes.

You know as well as the regs. on here where I stand on Werdum talent. He's a legit fighter that will test Fedor to the fullest. That said I feel that if Fedor easily owns Werdum quickly in the first then you have to acknowledge his #1 status.
Hell, ask any legit fighter if records & who's fought who matters & 100% will say yes. Anyone can get caught on any night & the fact that if Fedor wins another fight on his 30+ win streak is a huge positive to any rational fighter. Hell Chuck irritated to it last night.
Giving 110%

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 12:45:20 PM »
Yes bro, I can.

It helps yes.

You know as well as the regs. on here where I stand on Werdum talent. He's a legit fighter that will test Fedor to the fullest. That said I feel that if Fedor easily owns Werdum quickly in the first then you have to acknowledge his #1 status.
Hell, ask any legit fighter if records & who's fought who matters & 100% will say yes. Anyone can get caught on any night & the fact that if Fedor wins another fight on his 30+ win streak is a huge positive to any rational fighter. Hell Chuck irritated to it last night.

Thanks for answering and explaining why you feel as you do.

I see things MUCH differently. First of all the win is not as meaningful if Fedor is fighting guys that are way below his talent level. Outside of the UFC, Werdum one of only a couple of guys that are even barely qualified to fight Fedor. Anyone can get caught, but if you are fighting guys of lesser talent, you minimize this risk. All I am saying is that the UFC has MOST of the top HW's and by not signing with the UFC, Fedor is greatly avoiding better talent. I am not just referring to Lesnar either. I actually think Fedor would demolish Lesnar. The way you and most on here feel, is that if Fedor keeps winning, regardless of who he fights, he can keep his #1 status. This is like putting Anderson Silva against Jorge Rivera or Pat Millitech or Phil Baroni and saying that he is 'earning' his #1 ranking. Outside of the UFC there really is nobody near Fedor's talent level. Smart move on Fedor's part.

Please tell me what win in the last 4 years shows Werdum as anywhere near what the UFC has to offer in HW's, again I am not just talking about Lesnar.
Here is Werdum's record from just about the last four years. Can you really say he is a worthy opponent?

Win      Antonio Silva      Decision (Unanimous)      Strikeforce / M-1 Global - Fedor vs. Rogers      11/7/2009     3     5:00
 Win    Mike Kyle    Submission (Guillotine Choke)    Strikeforce - Carano vs. Cyborg    8/15/2009    1    1:24
Loss    Junior dos Santos    TKO (Punches)    UFC 90 - Silva vs. Cote    10/25/2008    1    1:21
 Win    Brandon Vera    TKO (Punches)    UFC 85 - Bedlam    6/7/2008    1    4:40
 Win    Gabriel Gonzaga    TKO (Punches)    UFC 80 - Rapid Fire    1/19/2008    2    4:34
Loss    Andrei Arlovski    Decision (Unanimous)    UFC 70 - Nations Collide    4/21/2007    3    5:00
 Win    Aleksander Emelianenko    Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke)    2H2H - Pride & Honor    11/12/2006    1    3:24
Loss    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    Decision (Unanimous)    PRIDE - Critical Countdown Absolute    7/1/2006    3    5:00

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »
Thanks for answering and explaining why you feel as you do.

I see things MUCH differently. First of all the win is not as meaningful if Fedor is fighting guys that are way below his talent level. Outside of the UFC, Werdum one of only a couple of guys that are even barely qualified to fight Fedor. Anyone can get caught, but if you are fighting guys of lesser talent, you minimize this risk. All I am saying is that the UFC has MOST of the top HW's and by not signing with the UFC, Fedor is greatly avoiding better talent. I am not just referring to Lesnar either. I actually think Fedor would demolish Lesnar. The way you and most on here feel, is that if Fedor keeps winning, regardless of who he fights, he can keep his #1 status. This is like putting Anderson Silva against Jorge Rivera or Pat Millitech or Phil Baroni and saying that he is 'earning' his #1 ranking. Outside of the UFC there really is nobody near Fedor's talent level. Smart move on Fedor's part.

Please tell me what win in the last 4 years shows Werdum as anywhere near what the UFC has to offer in HW's, again I am not just talking about Lesnar.
Here is Werdum's record from just about the last four years. Can you really say he is a worthy opponent?

Win      Antonio Silva      Decision (Unanimous)      Strikeforce / M-1 Global - Fedor vs. Rogers      11/7/2009     3     5:00
 Win    Mike Kyle    Submission (Guillotine Choke)    Strikeforce - Carano vs. Cyborg    8/15/2009    1    1:24
Loss    Junior dos Santos    TKO (Punches)    UFC 90 - Silva vs. Cote    10/25/2008    1    1:21
 Win    Brandon Vera    TKO (Punches)    UFC 85 - Bedlam    6/7/2008    1    4:40
 Win    Gabriel Gonzaga    TKO (Punches)    UFC 80 - Rapid Fire    1/19/2008    2    4:34
Loss    Andrei Arlovski    Decision (Unanimous)    UFC 70 - Nations Collide    4/21/2007    3    5:00
 Win    Aleksander Emelianenko    Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke)    2H2H - Pride & Honor    11/12/2006    1    3:24
Loss    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    Decision (Unanimous)    PRIDE - Critical Countdown Absolute    7/1/2006    3    5:00

First point. I'm going to use an analogy that a "#1 Div 3 wrestler" is just as good as the "#1 Div 1 wrestler" No way are they equal as the talent is different. BUT The world of MMA is different due to the many factors eg. residency, background, ect.

As far as the list you posted, Yes he is. Why? He’s taken a loss to two huge guys @ the time by decision. That’s a big feat in MMA to go the distance with the likes of Nog, Arv.
Vera was great opponent back in the day but now it seems time has caught him. I can only argue, what will be will be is when the fight happens & we will see what kind of fighter Werdum has matured into. Bigfoot isn't so much a can himself.

What sucks for Fedor is this fight is a double edge sword that that cuts him due to the inexperienced "couch" MMA fans.
Giving 110%