Author Topic: Mexican Drug Gangs Attack Army Bases Near the Border  (Read 2168 times)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Mexican Drug Gangs Attack Army Bases Near the Border
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:43:27 AM »
Attempts to blockade soldiers inside their bases were part of seven attacks across two northern border states of Tamaulipas and Nuevo Leon.

Drug gangs in Mexico have attacked two army bases in a serious escalation in the country's drug war.

Eighteen gang members died in the ensuing gun battles, in which gunmen attacked in force in bulletproof vehicles, using hand grenades and assault rifles.

The attempts to blockade soldiers inside their bases were part of seven attacks across two northern border states of Tamaulipas and Nuevo Leon - areas that have seen escalating violence in recent months.

Army General Edgar Luis Villegas called the attacks "desperate reactions by criminal gangs to the progress being made by federal authorities" on

He said gunmen parked trucks and SUVs outside a military base in the border city of Reynosa trying to block troops from leaving. At the same time, other armed men blocked several streets leading to a garrison in the nearby border city of Matamoros.

And yet another gang opened fire from several vehicles on soldiers guarding a road in General Bravo, in Nuevo Leon.

Troops fought back, killing 18 gunmen and wounding two.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/01/mexican-drug-gangs-attack-army-bases-near-border/

The violence mainly involves a fight between the Gulf cartel and its former allies, the Zetas - a gang of hit men.

The cartel, which has apparently formed an alliance with other cartels seeking to exterminate the Zetas, has been warning people in the region that the conflict would get worse over the coming months.

RIP Bob Probert

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Re: Mexican Drug Gangs Attack Army Bases Near the Border
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:01:09 PM »
This is what RAMBO 5 is going to be about.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »
Embarrassing how little we have done to stop the cartels taking hold in those countries.  The standard of living around us is directly related to the standard of living we ourselves enjoy. 
Abandon every hope...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 12:09:59 PM »
Embarrassing how little we have done to stop the cartels taking hold in those countries.  The standard of living around us is directly related to the standard of living we ourselves enjoy. 

i agree.  We certainly have a very real vested interest in our bordering neighbors, but prefer to jaunt half-way around the world.  Two problems though, if we did try to get involved we would be labeled as "meddling in other nations affairs" and two, there has to be some serious cash changing hands to keep the flood gates open to the US...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 12:22:40 PM »
i agree.  We certainly have a very real vested interest in our bordering neighbors, but prefer to jaunt half-way around the world.  Two problems though, if we did try to get involved we would be labeled as "meddling in other nations affairs" and two, there has to be some serious cash changing hands to keep the flood gates open to the US...

1.  Bring the troops home and put them on the border.

2.  Pay out of work rednecks with rifles $100 a day to patrol the border. 

3.  Detain, debrief, deport! 

4.  Lay mines, ieds, etc in well crossed paths. 

5.  Fill all water holes with piss and arsnic.

6.  Illegals that are captured must work building a 2010 sytle Hadrians' wall. 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 12:24:09 PM »
2nd that ^

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »
The landmine idea is a great one.

Mexicans are going to keep coming until there is some real deterrant to coming. Concentration camps for border jumpers would get the word out real quick.

When your only consequence to breaking the law is to get a ticket home...  Sure wish I could have got that deal a little more often back in college....

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »

You do realize that these aren't illegal immigrants, don't you?  These are Mexicans who live in Mexico, who are armed with US Military weapons and gear that they obtained illegally from the US.  Your rednecks with rifles wouldn't stand a chance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
You do realize that these aren't illegal immigrants, don't you?  These are Mexicans who live in Mexico, who are armed with US Military weapons and gear that they obtained illegally from the US.  Your rednecks with rifles wouldn't stand a chance.

I think a redneck would have a decent chance at 300 yards with a typical .308 Remi 700 Tactical.   ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
I think a redneck would have a decent chance at 300 yards with a typical .308 Remi 700 Tactical.   ;D

Decent chance against bullet proof SUVs full of Mexicans armed with US military weapons and body armor?  These guys have lots of drug money, and lots of money buys them just about anything they want.  That's why even the Mexican military is afraid of them.

But I would like to see the US military or especial ops go in there and kick some drug lord butt.  Those Mexican gangsters may have money and US military weapons, but they don't have US military training...unless they figure out that they can hire Black Water to train them too.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
Decent chance against bullet proof SUVs full of Mexicans armed with US military weapons and body armor?  These guys have lots of drug money, and lots of money buys them just about anything they want.  That's why even the Mexican military is afraid of them.

But I would like to see the US military or especial ops go in there and kick some drug lord butt.  Those Mexican gangsters may have money and US military weapons, but they don't have US military training...unless they figure out that they can hire Black Water to train them too.
I agree with loco here.
Money, fanatical gang loyality, great weapons and armoured vechiles makes them dangerous.
Just like the pirates in Somalia.
AND all these groups know the army or cops cant just take them out........... it is the law.
Makes them brave

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »
Same shit happens here every day.... criminals know goofy liberal laws will protect them from any consequences.

So it becomes open season on decent law-abiding people.

Lets take all the money wasted on welfare social programs and beef up the CIA to deal with these terrorists.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

You're talking about planting IED's on US soil? You got Americans dying in Iraq & Afghanistan from IEDs, and you want to plant IEDs and mines on US soil, poison lakes and revive slave labour? ??? All in an effort to deal with foreign drug gangs operating in a foreign country? And how many Americans are gonna die as a result. How much American livestock or people would get poisoned as a result. How much ground water or wells get posioned? You are a complete idiot!!!  >:(
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 01:06:13 PM »
We need "CHANGE". 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »

Shhhhh... you might burst his bubble with facts. Either he doesn't realize these are Mexicans living in Mexico, or he's advocating rounding up a redneck coalition of the willing to invade yet another country.
w

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 01:09:50 PM »
start using the drone predators to take out drug cartel

RIP Bob Probert

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 01:10:05 PM »
Shhhhh... you might burst his bubble with facts. Either he doesn't realize these are Mexicans living in Mexico, or he's advocating rounding up a redneck coalition of the willing to invade yet another country.

Sounds good to me.  We need hope and change on the border to end this crap and send a message to these beasts and savages that a country boy will survive and take those bastards out.  

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
Same shit happens here every day.... criminals know goofy liberal laws will protect them from any consequences.

So it becomes open season on decent law-abiding people.

Lets take all the money wasted on welfare social programs and beef up the CIA to deal with these terrorists.

This was not a case of open season on law abiding citizens. It was a case of a para-military attacck on an army base. let the army deal with it, ...that's what they are there for, ...or do you like 333386 believe that rednecks with guns are more capable than the Mexican army?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:51 PM »
This was not a case of open season on law abiding citizens. It was a case of a para-military attacck on an army base. let the army deal with it, ...that's what they are there for, ...or do you like 333386 believe that rednecks with guns are more capable than the Mexican army?

Dont you watch the movies Jag?  

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
Sounds good to me.  We need hope and change on the border to end this crap and send a message to these beasts and savages that a country boy will survive and take those bastards out.  

I remember the last time you guys rounded up a 'coalition of the willing' to go invade a foreign country.
How'd that work out for you? From my perspective, it bankrupted your country, and brought it to it's knees. Another kick at the can might actually have you start sucking. let me know how it tastes ;D

btw - I think those predator drones will be used on US citizens before they get used on Mexicans.
If you don't believe me, ...go ask your Airforce buddy, if you haven't kicked him out of the class yet.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 01:18:15 PM »
Dont you watch the movies Jag?  

::)  Oh good grief, ...what was I thinking?
carry on with your little 'Red Dawn' fantasy.  ::)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »
Ha ha.  you know a new version is being released this year right? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 01:41:50 PM »
Ha ha.  you know a new version is being released this year right? 

:o  oh cripes... I can hardly wait...NOT! lol

Who will it be this time?
Are they still going to portray the Russians as the invading foes... or will it be some other nation vilified?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »
:o  oh cripes... I can hardly wait...NOT! lol

Who will it be this time?
Are they still going to portray the Russians as the invading foes... or will it be some other nation vilified?

China, after a major economic collapse occurs.   ;D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »

Point was... The mexican criminals aren't going to stop doing their shananagans any time soon because they know there is no real consequences... just like criminals here in the US.

And for the record... YES. I believe rednecks with guns are more capable than the mexican army. I believe a herd of school children on a field trip to the zoo is more capable than the mexican army.