Author Topic: Anna Paquin gives a damn and caused website to crash  (Read 3034 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Anna Paquin gives a damn and caused website to crash
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:43:59 AM »
Anna Paquin declaration causes site to crash

CBC Arts

A gay rights campaign featuring True Blood star Anna Paquin's surprise declaration of bisexuality generated so much traffic that its website crashed.

The web-based Give a Damn campaign was launched on Thursday by Cyndi Lauper's True Colors Fund, which aims for the advancement of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality.

The campaign's video features Paquin, a Winnipeg-born Oscar-winning actor, declaring she's bisexual.

"I'm Anna Paquin," says the 27-year-old actress, who is engaged to True Blood co-star Stephen Moyer. "I'm bisexual and I gave a damn because one hate crime is committed approximately every hour of every day in this country."

The video also includes Lauper, Elton John, Sharon Osbourne, Whoopi Goldberg and comedien Wanda Sykes, who urge people to be more tolerant of others' sexual orientation.

The crashed website left a message that read: "OK - we didn't expect THIS kind of traffic!"

Its administrators told The Associated Press on Friday that it was "overwhelmed by the enormous traffic," and has added additional servers.

Paquin was born in Winnipeg, and won an Academy Award at age 11 for best supporting actress for her first film role, in The Piano.

She made the Give a Damn announcement at a Jan. 30 taping session.

With files from The Associated Press

http://www.youtube.com/WEGIVEADAMN

To learn more, and to show you give a damn, please visit:   http://www.wegiveadamn.org/about-damn/
w

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: Anna Paquin gives a damn and caused website to crash
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:07:51 AM »
makes her even hotter.
and whoever she is with; MFM or FMF.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:23:49 AM »
Doesn't change anything for me.  Liked her before, this just makes her hotter.  I'm guessing the reaction wouldn't be the same if one of the male stars of True Blood came out; or maybe nobody would give a shit.  Chicks got it good with the bi/lesbian thing.  most guys like it.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:00:43 AM »
makes her even hotter.
and whoever she is with; MFM or FMF.

Wow. what a difference a few years make.

When I think of Anna Paquin, ...I think of the little girl in "The Piano".

I suppose at 27, you could say she's grown up a bit huh? Now she looks like this:

She won an Oscar as a child for her role in "The Piano"

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:05:22 AM »
Hard to believe that's her in The Piano.  First I remember her is from X Men.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »
God bless her.... ;D
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »

Hard to believe that's her in The Piano.  First I remember her is from X Men.   

LOL. Believe it. She originally made her debut in The Piano with Holly Hunter... She's a bit of a local celeb up here being Canadian and winning an Oscar her first up at bat. It's quite remarkable how she got her start. She tagged along on an open audition 'cause she had nothing better to do, and the director chose her over thousands of hopefuls. Then she goes on to win an Oscar for the part completely upstaging and stealing the show from Holly Hunter.

She later went on to star with Jeff Daniels in Fly Away Home based on a true story of a kid who with the help of her father, teaches a bunch of orphaned Canadian Geese to migrate south for the winter.

It must have messed with Jeff Daniels' head, because first she was playing his daughter in Fly Away Home, ...then a few years later, ...she was playing his love interest. That's really gotta mess with his head.  :D
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:50:53 AM »
LOL. Believe it. She originally made her debut in The Piano with Holly Hunter... She's a bit of a local celeb up here being Canadian and winning an Oscar her first up at bat. It's quite remarkable how she got her start. She tagged along on an open audition 'cause she had nothing better to do, and the director chose her over thousands of hopefuls. Then she goes on to win an Oscar for the part completely upstaging and stealing the show from Holly Hunter.

She later went on to star with Jeff Daniels in Fly Away Home based on a true story of a kid who with the help of her father, teaches a bunch of orphaned Canadian Geese to migrate south for the winter.

It must have messed with Jeff Daniels' head, because first she was playing his daughter in Fly Away Home, ...then a few years later, ...she was playing his love interest. That's really gotta mess with his head.  :D
Oh Yea I remember that show, Fly Away Home..  It was just on again the other day.  I didn't watch it again but remembered watching it when it came out.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:10 AM »
Oh Yea I remember that show, Fly Away Home..  It was just on again the other day.  I didn't watch it again but remembered watching it when it came out.

I'm not refering to a TV show, but rather to a feature film.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 08:21:21 AM »
I'm not refering to a TV show, but rather to a feature film.
yea, sorry.  I meant movie.  It's the same one I'm thinking of.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »
yea, sorry.  I meant movie.  It's the same one I'm thinking of.

oh ok, I was just a little confused because Hollywood often develops TV shows around the themes of successful movies and vice versa. eg: Battlestar Gallactica, the Star Trek franchise etc. I heard they're even coming out with a Gilligan's Island movie. 
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 08:42:01 AM »
oh ok, I was just a little confused because Hollywood often develops TV shows around the themes of successful movies and vice versa. eg: Battlestar Gallactica, the Star Trek franchise etc. I heard they're even coming out with a Gilligan's Island movie. 
Battlestar Galactica, one L, was never a movie.  Star Trek started out a series, went to movie in the late 70's and after then in the later 80's started back with the series.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 09:56:02 AM »
Battlestar Galactica, one L, was never a movie.  Star Trek started out a series, went to movie in the late 70's and after then in the later 80's started back with the series.

Battlestar Gallactica was originally a movie. It then was later picked up as a TV series a couple decades later.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
God bless her.... ;D

Here she is absolutely adorable  :)

w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »
I thought gay and lesbian rights types felt that what ppl did in there private life was private?

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 10:09:50 AM »
Good, now record a video with you going down on some other chick to show us how good the experience has been for you. If you thought the website crashed before well...

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 11:21:39 AM »
I thought gay and lesbian rights types felt that what ppl did in there private life was private?
unless they're HOT like she is. :D
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
Battlestar Gallactica was originally a movie. It then was later picked up as a TV series a couple decades later.
Battlestar Galactica was a series 78 to 79.  There was a theatrical release of the pilot!!!  That was after the release of the series!!!  In Canada, Latin America and Europe. By the time you were watching the movie, we had already seen it and were waiting for the next episode :D

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »

she doesn't consider herself canadian, rather a new zealander

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
she doesn't consider herself canadian, rather a new zealander

pshaw... like you think that's gonna stop us from laying claim to her?

As long as she's acclaimed, we'll consider her Canadian. The moment she screws up... she's a New Zealander.  :D

Kind of like with Ben Johnson. When he had Olympic gold he was the Canadian athlete.
The moment the steroid test came back positive... overnight he became the Jamaican born runner.  ;D
w

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »
pshaw... like you think that's gonna stop us from laying claim to her?

Like a fat kid trying to get laid...you'll take what you can get.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:17 AM »
"I'm bisexual and I gave a damn because one hate crime is committed approximately every hour of every day in this country."

Sure there is.Another liberal lie,much like the one said that 2400 people die in this country because of a lack of health insurance.They just grab these stats out of thin air.