Author Topic: Does U.S. Need To Split Along Political Lines?  (Read 3369 times)

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
Re: Does U.S. Need To Split Along Political Lines?
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2010, 07:08:25 PM »
so all of these groups want to to destroy the private sector and they all benefit from said destruction?

are you serious man?

Tell me why they wouldn't...they have been doing it piece by piece for over 100 years now.
I will gladly keep responding but I need to run to the grocery for an hour.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »
Tell me why they wouldn't...they have been doing it piece by piece for over 100 years now.
I will gladly keep responding but I need to run to the grocery for an hour.

well for one thing if there is no private sector there is no tax revenue from the private sector

there are about a thousans other reasons besides that but come on man do you really honestly believe that Congress, lobbyists, connected donors, bailed out CEOs all want to destroy the private sector

really?

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2010, 09:07:50 PM »
Why is Texas ranked 48th in Literacy?

Youre going to have to source that, because that doesnt sound right at all. Are you sure you arent getting Texas confused with Blue State- Democrat- Ruled- for -50 years Michigan? That state is decimated with unemployment. Texas was the last state to enter this recession and it will be the first state out, if it isnt already out. Texas created atleast half of the country's jobs last year. Tons of companies from rustbelt blue states are moving to Texas because Texas has a better business enviornment. This is why Rick Perry beat Hutchinson in the Republican Primary. Texans dont trust anything that has to do with Washington right now, and for good reason. We are doing everything right here in Texas. Washington is doing it all wrong.

And its not just Texas. Florida and Nevada are right behind Texas in job creation. In fact, if you look at a list of the red states and blue states, it is the red states that perform well and the blue states that dont. You will see a couple of outliers here and there, but red states in general perform better. Its laughable that you would even ask me to name "one red state that performs well"
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2010, 09:10:13 PM »
I thought Florida was 48th in literacy.

Maybe I just read the report wrong  ;D

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »
Youre going to have to source that, because that doesnt sound right at all. Are you sure you arent getting Texas confused with Blue State- Democrat- Ruled- for -50 years Michigan? That state is decimated with unemployment. Texas was the last state to enter this recession and it will be the first state out, if it isnt already out. Texas created atleast half of the country's jobs last year. Tons of companies from rustbelt blue states are moving to Texas because Texas has a better business enviornment. This is why Rick Perry beat Hutchinson in the Republican Primary. Texans dont trust anything that has to do with Washington right now, and for good reason. We are doing everything right here in Texas. Washington is doing it all wrong.

And its not just Texas. Florida and Nevada are right behind Texas in job creation. In fact, if you look at a list of the red states and blue states, it is the red states that perform well and the blue states that dont. You will see a couple of outliers here and there, but red states in general perform better. Its laughable that you would even ask me to name "one red state that performs well"
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2009/12/28/daily9.html

Monday, December 28, 2009
Survey says: Dallas ranks 48th in literacy
DALLAS BUSINESS JOURNAL

A study published by Central Connecticut State University says Dallas ranks 48th in the nation when it comes to literacy among the general population.
In the same study, Fort Worth ranked 52nd, Arlington ranked 70th and Plano ranked 53rd. Other parts of Texas fared even worse. The city of Houston, for instance, ranked 60th, and Corpus Christi and El Paso ranked 74th and 75th, respectively.
The study, conducted by Central Connecticut State University, focused on what the university deemed six indicators of literacy: newspaper circulation, number of bookstores, library resources, periodical publishing resources, educational attainment and Internet resources.
The study named the following as the most literate cities: Seattle, Washington, D.C., Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Portland, St. Paul, Boston, Cincinnati and Denver.

I Love The True Adon

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2009/12/28/daily9.html

Monday, December 28, 2009
Survey says: Dallas ranks 48th in literacy
DALLAS BUSINESS JOURNAL

A study published by Central Connecticut State University says Dallas ranks 48th in the nation when it comes to literacy among the general population.
In the same study, Fort Worth ranked 52nd, Arlington ranked 70th and Plano ranked 53rd. Other parts of Texas fared even worse. The city of Houston, for instance, ranked 60th, and Corpus Christi and El Paso ranked 74th and 75th, respectively.
The study, conducted by Central Connecticut State University, focused on what the university deemed six indicators of literacy: newspaper circulation, number of bookstores, library resources, periodical publishing resources, educational attainment and Internet resources.
The study named the following as the most literate cities: Seattle, Washington, D.C., Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Portland, St. Paul, Boston, Cincinnati and Denver.

I love how they "DEEM" indicators of literacy such as the number of bookstores. In any event, Venuzuela has a 100% literacy rate, but then again all they read is communist manifestos.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »
well for one thing if there is no private sector there is no tax revenue from the private sector

there are about a thousans other reasons besides that but come on man do you really honestly believe that Congress, lobbyists, connected donors, bailed out CEOs all want to destroy the private sector

really?

Yes, I do know this. The two party and govt. system we operate under is counterproductive. The minions of this country continue to debate corrupt candidates with their friends, relatives, and foes. When somebody's "favorite" politician wins they jump up for joy and brag like they themselves made it happen. I have no idea why people do this but I guess they desperately want to be a part of something.  Of course we all lose every four years, but most aren't concerned with results...just a need to win that important argument we have around the dinner table or message board.
Every president in the last century has shown up in DC, done little constructive work, wasted money, given favors to friends and made enemies around the world with foolish global policy not in the best interests of the country. Each election is coined "the most important of our lifetime"...here's betting Olbermann/Maddow/Hannity/O'Reilly/Limbaugh tell everyone this come 2012 and the funny thing is...their viewers will eat it up. You want an important election...very simple...stop voting for thieves.