Author Topic: NEW YORK- 20 Degrees ABOVE Normal Temperature. :)  (Read 1424 times)

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
NEW YORK- 20 Degrees ABOVE Normal Temperature. :)
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-05/new-york-will-approach-daily-high-temperature-record-tomorrow.html

New York Will Approach Daily High Temperature Record Tomorrow
April 05, 2010, 10:22 AM EDT

April 5 (Bloomberg) -- New York City may flirt with record warmth tomorrow as temperatures remain about 20 degrees above normal until late this week, the National Weather Service said.
Temperatures tomorrow are expected to reach 78 degrees Fahrenheit (25.5 Celsius), 1 degree shy of the 1947 record for the date, said Matt Scalora, a weather service meteorologist in Upton, New York.
While the temperature will rise into the 80s the day after tomorrow, the Central Park record for the date of 89, set in 1929, isn’t likely to fall, Scalora said.
“Tomorrow there is a chance we could tie or beat a record there,” Scalora said by telephone. “I wouldn’t bank on a record for Wednesday.”
Readings across the eastern half of the U.S. have ranged about 20 degrees above normal since the end of last week, and that warmth is expected to continue through this week, according to forecasters. New York is likely to have a high of 75 degrees today, 5 degrees short of the 1928 record.
A record high temperature for the day of 77 was set in Boston yesterday, while Providence, Rhode Island, had 76, breaking marks set in 1950, according to the weather service. The temperature reached 82 degrees in Concord, New Hampshire, two days ago breaking a 1981 record for the day.
Scalora said a cold front will send high temperatures plummeting in New York by almost 20 degrees later this week, putting them closer to normal for this time of year. The average high temperature for today at Central Park is 57, according to the weather service.
The cold front will also bring a chance of rain and the season’s first opportunity for thunderstorms, Scalora said.
The warm weather comes on the heels of the wettest March on record at Central Park and flooding in Massachusetts and Rhode Island that drove hundreds from their homes, cut Amtrak service to Boston and swelled rivers across the region.
Central Park received 10.68 inches of rain in March, breaking the record of 10.54 inches set in 1983, according to the weather service.
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: NEW YORK- 20 Degrees ABOVE Normal Temperature. :)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:16:18 PM »
Not that this proves global warming (although extremes are what we can expect if GW continues) , but I find it amusing the "Where is Al Gore" idiots a month or so ago are all of a sudden silent as if this winter was some sort of evidence of cooling. 
 ;D

I Love The True Adon

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »
Not that this proves global warming (although extremes are what we can expect if GW continues) , but I find it amusing the "Where is Al Gore" idiots a month or so ago are all of a sudden silent as if this winter was some sort of evidence of cooling. 
 ;D

After the miserable winter we had it feels good here for once. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 01:21:14 PM »
Wow,after 4 months of record cold,record snow storms,incredible lies we get three warm days and it whipes away everything else.Man made global wariming is a hoax to make people like that fat pig Al Gore rich.Look at the polls,its been debuked no one believes it anymore.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »
After the miserable winter we had it feels good here for once. 
???

I thought you told us the earth was Cooling?  Where is INHOFE?  Where are the CEI nuts?  ;D
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:25:29 PM »
Wow,after 4 months of record cold,record snow storms,incredible lies we get three warm days and it whipes away everything else.Man made global wariming is a hoax to make people like that fat pig Al Gore rich.Look at the polls,its been debuked no one believes it anymore.
You do realize there was an El Nino effect and also that the entire United States, let alone the entire World did not experience a record winter.
I Love The True Adon

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 01:34:21 PM »
You do realize there was an El Nino effect and also that the entire United States, let alone the entire World did not experience a record winter.

There were record storms all over the country.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/?report=national

2010 Temperature Highlights - Winter
For the winter season (December through February), nearly two-thirds (63 percent) of the contiguous states experienced below normal temperatures. In contrast to this national trend, Maine experienced their third warmest such period.
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/?report=national
Meanwhile, upper-level patterns contributed to warmer-than-average temperatures in the Northwest and Northeast climate regions.
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 01:53:01 PM »
2010 Winter

Northern Michigan and northeast Wisconsin had above normal temperatures, up to 3 degrees F (2 degrees C) warmer than normal.
I Love The True Adon

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »
I think it's obvious to all that the National Weather Service is nothing more than a liberal thinktank.  Always has been.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »
I think it's obvious to all that the National Weather Service is nothing more than a liberal thinktank.  Always has been.

Meanwhile, TA was going overtime when it was freezing cold the cover his ass.  How predictible this all is. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
2010 Winter

Northern Michigan and northeast Wisconsin had above normal temperatures, up to 3 degrees F (2 degrees C) warmer than normal.

NICE TRY.

2009-2010 winter saw record cold spells
Link to this pageThe skeptic argument..."Britain's big freeze is the start of a worldwide trend towards colder weather that seriously challenges global warming theories, eminent scientists claimed yesterday. The world has entered a 'cold mode' which is likely to bring a global dip in temperatures which will last for 20 to 30 years, they say." (Daily Mail)

What the science says...
The cold snap is due to a strong phase of the Arctic Oscillation. This is causing cool temperatures at mid-latitudes (eg - Eurasia and North America) and warming in polar regions (Greenland and Arctic Ocean). The warm and cool regions roughly balance each other out with little impact on global temperature.

Through December 2009 and January 2010, a dramatic cold spell swept across Eurasia, England and parts of North America. The most spectacular image capturing this phenomenon is a satellite photo revealing the whole of Britain covered in snow. Does this mean global warming has stopped? To determine this, one needs to step back and look at the broader picture. For starters, here is a temperature map of the entire Arctic circle and beyond:

Figure 1: Map of temperature anomalies for December 2009 at roughly 1000 metres altitude for the region north of 30°N (NSIDC). Areas in orange and red correspond to strong warm anomalies. Areas in blue and purple correspond to cool anomalies.

Eurasia and North America are experiencing unusually cold conditions. On the other hand, Greenland, eastern Siberia and the Arctic ocean are experiencing unusual warmth. The warmest regions (more than 7° Celsius above average) are over the Atlantic side of the Arctic, including Baffin Bay and Davis Strait. Unsurprisingly, sea ice extent was below average in this region.

These strong contrasts in temperature are the result of a strongly negative phase of the Arctic Oscillation.  This is caused by opposing patterns of atmospheric pressure between the polar regions and mid-latitudes. During a negative phase, pressures are higher than normal over the Arctic and lower than normal in mid-latitudes. In December 2009, the Arctic Oscillation index was -3.41, the most negative value since at least 1950. Note the blue dot in the bottom right corner representing December 2009.

An even broader picture is a global map of temperature anomaly in the last week of December 2009. Here we see that much of the planet is experiencing warmer temperatures than usual, including North-east America, Canada, North Africa, the Mediterranean, and south-west Asia.

To conclude that global warming has ended based on recent cold snaps is another example of the misleading practice of focusing on small pieces of the puzzle while ignoring the broader picture. Interestingly, Roger Pielke Sr takes the opposite approach when assessing global temperature in December 2009 as measured by satellites. Despite the regional cold weather, global temperature has not shown a dramatic drop in December, leading Pielke to conclude (with original emphasis included):

"This data shows why the focus needs to be on the regional scale and that a global average is not of much use in describing weather that all of us experience."
After taking a broader look at global temperature, Pielke is forced to conclude that it's preferable to focus on small pieces of the puzzle than the bigger picture. Better that is, if the global picture isn't giving you the result you're looking for.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 02:01:02 PM »
Meanwhile, TA was going overtime when it was freezing cold the cover his ass.  How predictible this all is. 
Not really.  I was just trying to show you the data and how your made up conclusion was in direct contradiction with the actual evidence.

Do you think Inhofe is sweating in his JC Penny suit?  Did the the Competitive Enterprise Institute and the Weekly Standard turn on their air-conditioning a little cooler?

;D  ;D    ;D
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »
NICE TRY.

2009-2010 winter saw record cold spells
Link to this pageThe skeptic argument..."Britain's big freeze is the start of a worldwide trend towards colder weather that seriously challenges global warming theories, eminent scientists claimed yesterday. The world has entered a 'cold mode' which is likely to bring a global dip in temperatures which will last for 20 to 30 years, they say." (Daily Mail)

What the science says...
The cold snap is due to a strong phase of the Arctic Oscillation. This is causing cool temperatures at mid-latitudes (eg - Eurasia and North America) and warming in polar regions (Greenland and Arctic Ocean). The warm and cool regions roughly balance each other out with little impact on global temperature.

Through December 2009 and January 2010, a dramatic cold spell swept across Eurasia, England and parts of North America. The most spectacular image capturing this phenomenon is a satellite photo revealing the whole of Britain covered in snow. Does this mean global warming has stopped? To determine this, one needs to step back and look at the broader picture. For starters, here is a temperature map of the entire Arctic circle and beyond:

Figure 1: Map of temperature anomalies for December 2009 at roughly 1000 metres altitude for the region north of 30°N (NSIDC). Areas in orange and red correspond to strong warm anomalies. Areas in blue and purple correspond to cool anomalies.

Eurasia and North America are experiencing unusually cold conditions. On the other hand, Greenland, eastern Siberia and the Arctic ocean are experiencing unusual warmth. The warmest regions (more than 7° Celsius above average) are over the Atlantic side of the Arctic, including Baffin Bay and Davis Strait. Unsurprisingly, sea ice extent was below average in this region.

These strong contrasts in temperature are the result of a strongly negative phase of the Arctic Oscillation.  This is caused by opposing patterns of atmospheric pressure between the polar regions and mid-latitudes. During a negative phase, pressures are higher than normal over the Arctic and lower than normal in mid-latitudes. In December 2009, the Arctic Oscillation index was -3.41, the most negative value since at least 1950. Note the blue dot in the bottom right corner representing December 2009.

An even broader picture is a global map of temperature anomaly in the last week of December 2009. Here we see that much of the planet is experiencing warmer temperatures than usual, including North-east America, Canada, North Africa, the Mediterranean, and south-west Asia.

To conclude that global warming has ended based on recent cold snaps is another example of the misleading practice of focusing on small pieces of the puzzle while ignoring the broader picture. Interestingly, Roger Pielke Sr takes the opposite approach when assessing global temperature in December 2009 as measured by satellites. Despite the regional cold weather, global temperature has not shown a dramatic drop in December, leading Pielke to conclude (with original emphasis included):

"This data shows why the focus needs to be on the regional scale and that a global average is not of much use in describing weather that all of us experience."
After taking a broader look at global temperature, Pielke is forced to conclude that it's preferable to focus on small pieces of the puzzle than the bigger picture. Better that is, if the global picture isn't giving you the result you're looking for.

ROFLMAO!  Exactly.  This is a great article. 

Did you even bother reading what you posted.  I Highlighted the Parts you Most Likely did not read.
I Love The True Adon

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »
This whole issue is so absurd. 

Its hot out = global warming.

Its cold out = global warming

It rains = global warming

It snows = global warming

It freezes = global warming. 

"Global Warming" is simply the new religion for the left. 

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »
Thanks for reinforcing my point Billy.  I am glad you finally chose Science and Evidence over nonsense.
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »
This whole issue is so absurd. 

Its hot out = global warming.

Its cold out = global warming

It rains = global warming

It snows = global warming

It freezes = global warming. 

"Global Warming" is simply the new religion for the left. 
Billy has finally "seen the light" as it were.  (check out the article he posted in total agreement with what I have posted)

Perhaps he can help you also learn about Global Warming.  Its really not that difficult to grasp if you actually take the time to understand the data and the Science.
I Love The True Adon

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »
GMAFB. 

Go to temple and make your ancestors proud.  Stop believing in this cult of "green".  Its making you really look stupid. 

I'm sure next you clowns are going to try to blame the earthquakes on global warming too. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:48 PM »
Thanks for reinforcing my point Billy.  I am glad you finally chose Science and Evidence over nonsense.

Through December 2009 and January 2010, a dramatic cold spell swept across Eurasia, England and parts of North America. The most spectacular image capturing this phenomenon is a satellite photo revealing the whole of Britain covered in snow. Does this mean global warming has stopped?

The article states that its colder and then,like Al Gore says "this doesnt mean anything".

How about this?
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/02/record-cold-weather-roundup-hundreds-of-new-cold-and-snow-records-set-in-the-last-week/

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/extremes/2010-01-11-florida-cold_N.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/01/05/cold.weather/index.html

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=112326

I could give a thousand more,but what good is it.If its record cold,its global warming,record hot,its global warming,record rain,its global warming,dry spell,global warming.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 02:33:07 PM »
Through December 2009 and January 2010, a dramatic cold spell swept across Eurasia, England and parts of North America. The most spectacular image capturing this phenomenon is a satellite photo revealing the whole of Britain covered in snow. Does this mean global warming has stopped?

The article states that its colder and then,like Al Gore says "this doesnt mean anything".

How about this?
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/02/record-cold-weather-roundup-hundreds-of-new-cold-and-snow-records-set-in-the-last-week/

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/extremes/2010-01-11-florida-cold_N.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/01/05/cold.weather/index.html

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=112326

I could give a thousand more,but what good is it.If its record cold,its global warming,record hot,its global warming,record rain,its global warming,dry spell,global warming.

The article you posted supports Global Warming and states "much of the planet is experiencing warmer temperatures than usual, including North-east America, Canada, North Africa, the Mediterranean, and south-west Asia", just as I pointed out.

Scroll back up and look at the big bold red Highlighting of YOUR article in my post.  It is in full agreement with what I have posted.

So which is it?  You didn`t understand the article you posted or you didn`t read it?
I Love The True Adon

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 08:07:32 PM »

Did you even bother reading what you posted.  I Highlighted the Parts you Most Likely did not read.

w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »

LOL
"BILLY MINIMUM" strikes again!  ;D
!