Author Topic: 6-Year-Old Commits Suicide - this one turned my stomach  (Read 5914 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
6-Year-Old Commits Suicide - this one turned my stomach
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:31:22 PM »
 :(

None of that survival of the fittest BS.

(April 6) -- The death of a 6-year-old Oregon girl sent to her room after exchanging cross words with her mother has been classified as a suicide by a state medical examiner.

After her mother told her to go to her room, Samantha Kuberski, a first-grader in McMinnville, Ore., crawled into an unused crib, tied one end of a belt around her neck, the other on a bar of the crib, and hanged herself, according to reports.

The incident happened on Dec. 2, days shy of the girl's 7th birthday, making her the youngest person in Oregon history to have committed suicide.

But McMinnville police investigating Samantha's death are not convinced that the girl understood the consequences of her actions. They are challenging the classification of suicide. Samantha's death, they argue, was the result of an accident.

"The disagreement is a little more philosophical than it is material to the case," McMinnville police Capt. Dennis Marks told KGW News in Portland. "It's not that we disagree with the mechanics of what happened. It's the finding that a 6-year-old could form that kind of intent."

Dr. Clifford Nelson, Oregon's deputy medical examiner, made the suicide determination based on a variety of factors, including interviews with the grief-stricken family. And Dr. Karen Gunson, the chief medical examiner for the state, said that investigators learned that the girl's parents had warned all of their children of the dangers of playing with belts around their necks.

"Statements were made by the girl that indicated she was going to kill herself," Gunson told KGW News. "She had the means and she realized that if she put something around her neck that was dangerous and could cause death -- because her parents had told her that. My contention is that shows intent."

Samantha threatened to kill herself as she was sent to her room, according to her family.

Citing a respect for privacy for the family, Brad Berry, the district attorney in Yamhill County, has refused to release police records of Samantha's death to the press. He said that no criminal charges have been filed.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: 6-Year-Old Commits Suicide - this one turned my stomach
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:36:59 PM »
:(

None of that survival of the fittest BS.

(April 6) -- The death of a 6-year-old Oregon girl sent to her room after exchanging cross words with her mother has been classified as a suicide by a state medical examiner.

After her mother told her to go to her room, Samantha Kuberski, a first-grader in McMinnville, Ore., crawled into an unused crib, tied one end of a belt around her neck, the other on a bar of the crib, and hanged herself, according to reports.

The incident happened on Dec. 2, days shy of the girl's 7th birthday, making her the youngest person in Oregon history to have committed suicide.

But McMinnville police investigating Samantha's death are not convinced that the girl understood the consequences of her actions. They are challenging the classification of suicide. Samantha's death, they argue, was the result of an accident.

"The disagreement is a little more philosophical than it is material to the case," McMinnville police Capt. Dennis Marks told KGW News in Portland. "It's not that we disagree with the mechanics of what happened. It's the finding that a 6-year-old could form that kind of intent."

Dr. Clifford Nelson, Oregon's deputy medical examiner, made the suicide determination based on a variety of factors, including interviews with the grief-stricken family. And Dr. Karen Gunson, the chief medical examiner for the state, said that investigators learned that the girl's parents had warned all of their children of the dangers of playing with belts around their necks.

"Statements were made by the girl that indicated she was going to kill herself," Gunson told KGW News. "She had the means and she realized that if she put something around her neck that was dangerous and could cause death -- because her parents had told her that. My contention is that shows intent."

Samantha threatened to kill herself as she was sent to her room, according to her family.

Citing a respect for privacy for the family, Brad Berry, the district attorney in Yamhill County, has refused to release police records of Samantha's death to the press. He said that no criminal charges have been filed.
there is a lot more to this story than they are telling...i would love to review the report with my team...

bench

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
good, there are too many people in the world anyway

time to start separating the wheat from the chaff

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:00:47 PM »
good, there are too many people in the world anyway

time to start separating the wheat from the chaff
Not a 6 year old girl  :-\ that's just sad and low.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
Not a 6 year old girl  :-\ that's just sad and low.

just cause a person is young, does not necessarily mean they are a good person.....i know our first reaction is to feel strongly for the innocence of children

i have stumbled across some awful children in my life, and many of them turned into even worse adults

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:06:05 PM »
She wont recover.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »
She wont recover.

She's with Satan now.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
just cause a person is young, does not necessarily mean they are a good person.....i know our first reaction is to feel strongly for the innocence of children

i have stumbled across some awful children in my life, and many of them turned into even worse adults

Yes but they're usually just a projection of poor parents. Oh well, I'm sure she's posin in peace in another dimension with the reptilians and aliens.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »
 She didn't even understand what she was doing at that age.

Fucked up story. But kids die all the time. The USA has bombed thousands and thousands of kids into tiny pieces in recent years. They die of disease by the thousands every day.

Death is part of this reality.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 07:21:06 PM »

Fucked up story. But kids die all the time. The USA has bombed thousands and thousands of kids into tiny pieces in recent years. They die of disease by the thousands every day.

Death is part of this reality.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 07:25:53 PM »
I have a hard time believing a 6 year old would want to kill herself.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 07:28:26 PM »

I have an even HARDER time believing a 6 year old is capable of doing that. This kid had to be murdered.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »

Right. I really don’t think a six year old could even wrap her mind around something like that, let alone plan it and carry out the tying of knots and everything it would take to actually do it. Wtf?

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:34:54 PM »
I have a hard time believing a 6 year old would want to kill herself.

she most likely was in a tantrum, trying to hurt herself, or make herself passout like children that age sometime do

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
It's probably a good thing that she died (ducks) she obviously had mental problems and would have probably done something even worse as she got older, maybe pulled a columbine... just like the case of the dad who shot his 15 year old son for raping their 4 year old... these people are looked down on but in my opinion he averted a lot of broken lives, who knows how many other kids that kid would have raped.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 10:04:03 PM »

Its a learnt behavior...They aren't born that way...18 months to 3 years old is crucial in child development...Before we start killing off the kids, wannabe parents/parent should have to hold some kind of license to have a child...

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »
Oh, well –
she wasn't going to write Beethoven's Ninth Symphony anyway.
I Love The True Adon

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 10:27:24 PM »
ttt

MadeYaMelt

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 10:29:33 PM »
Oh, well –
she wasn't going to write Beethoven's Ninth Symphony anyway.

What have you done with your life?  I'm sure there's room at the morgue for you too.   

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »
Right. I really don’t think a six year old could even wrap her mind around something like that, let alone plan it and carry out the tying of knots and everything it would take to actually do it. Wtf?
You'd be surprised to know what 6 yrs olds today can understand. Besides the fact that parents today take their young kids to see R rated horror flicks, and they see that stuff..

It's like kids seeing Superman and jumping off Electrical box in the yard, of course they know that they won't fly, but they want to give the illusion.

Kids at 6 know about life and death, step on a bug, its dead. Run over a squirrel its dead.

I  think she had enough of a grasp to know what to do, but in a tantrum she wasn't thinking clearly.  Besides, what 6 yr old wants to  kill themselves? Obviously one that wanted to hurt her family, she of course was thinking like a lot of people who attempt or commit suicide, they generally selfish individuals who do not think of the rammifications of their selfish actions-who will they hurt, affect, etc

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »

Her parents 'taught her the dangers' on purpose.

They knew full well she'd put her training to good use.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 11:31:40 PM »
Her parents 'taught her the dangers' on purpose.

They knew full well she'd put her training to good use.
"I'm going to kill myself"

"You go right on ahead dear, you said that last week, and the week before last..."

"I'll show them this time."

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 11:43:33 PM »
"I'm going to kill myself"

"You go right on ahead dear, you said that last week, and the week before last..."

"I'll show them this time."
Good point. Your six year old says shes going to kill herself and you leave her alone... wtf  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 11:56:14 PM »
Good point. Your six year old says shes going to kill herself and you leave her alone... wtf  ???
But you have to take in the context in which it was said...If it was said in one of those yelling temper tantrum, crying their eyes out, you would be like

"Okay, Lil Miss Attention Seeker is showing off again (parent rolls eyes)"

I remember when i was sent to my room when I was very young (about that child's age), I drew a picture of me with "X's" for eyes (me dead) and my parents and put it under their bedroom door. I then took a hankerchief and broom handle and wrapped up some belongs to run away...I soon found out that real quick, I couldn't take all my Transformers, and you can't eat them either...

I think my parents have kept that pciture I drew and they pull it out to laugh at from time to time. You see kids can comprehend things (I did), but cannot fully grasp the consequences nor think out the future, they are only concerned about the here and now.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 03:35:04 AM »

Completely true
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     `