Author Topic: Tea Party movement attempts to unite?  (Read 235 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Tea Party movement attempts to unite?
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:01:34 AM »
I should probably start paying attention to these people.  I heard this morning that 1 in 4 members are Democrats or Independents. 

Tea Party movement attempts to unite?
Posted: April 8th, 2010 10:25 AM ET

From CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

(CNN) – The Tea Party activists characterize their movement as grassroots, energetic and growing in size, but organized or unified? Those are not words used very often to discuss a movement divided among national and local chapters across the country.

But Thursday a broad coalition of national and regional Tea Party groups are announcing the formation of the National Tea Party Federation (NTPF). According to a statement from the Tea Party Express, one of the groups participating, the federation is being "established to create a unified message and media response amongst key leadership and their affiliates."

Tea Party leaders say the federation will also serve as a clearinghouse and will be used to promote the movement's objectives, which they say are "fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free markets.

The creation of the federation is being announced at a Tea Party Express rally Thursday morning in St. Paul, Minnesota. The rally is part of the Tea Party Express's third national bus tour, which is scheduled to end on April 15. The Tax Day event is expected to draw various tea party and conservative groups to the nation's capital, and to other rallies expected to be held across the country.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=XPBeW4MfwYo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Tea Party movement attempts to unite?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:04:10 AM »
this is good, and bad.

if they become a 'real' party, they'll split the anti-dem vote in 2010.  Dems could GAIN seats as a result.  Reid can get 35% of the vote and still win re-election.

On the other hand - YES it's about time the GOp just called it a day and became the tea party.