Author Topic: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story  (Read 27472 times)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2010, 11:46:07 PM »
what kind of stupid argument is that, are you the product of incest??

just cause there is legislation for something does not make it bad OR good

it just means that a bunch of rich old white men thought things should run a certain way because it was in their interest

there have been plenty of terrible laws, laws making it ok to own slaves, laws permitting child rape, laws allowing a man to dessert his family and leave the wife nothing

are you that much of a sheep?

what about alcohol, so someone who drank alcohol during prohibition was a criminal??........but a person who drank alcohol the day it was repealed was an upstanding citizen??

you base your moral decisions in life on whether or not politicians tell you its ok or not, then your really fucked

because most of the time they are participating in things they have made laws against......drugs, prostitution, corruption

your a fucking sheep....... 

I'm jumping on the bandwagon and saying great post here. 

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2010, 12:03:48 AM »
I'm jumping on the bandwagon and saying great post here. 

:-*
X

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2010, 02:53:22 AM »
Chris had a cool look. This annoyed lame insecure people.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2010, 04:20:11 AM »

it just means that a bunch of rich old white men thought things should run a certain way because it was in their interest

there have been plenty of terrible laws, laws making it ok to own slaves, laws permitting child rape, laws allowing a man to dessert his family and leave the wife nothing

what about alcohol, so someone who drank alcohol during prohibition was a criminal??........but a person who drank alcohol the day it was repealed was an upstanding citizen??

you base your moral decisions in life on whether or not politicians tell you its ok or not, then your really fucked

because most of the time they are participating in things they have made laws against......drugs, prostitution, corruption

Who were you on Getbig before you became this gimmick? I mean that with all sincerity.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2010, 04:25:24 AM »
Who were you on Getbig before you became this gimmick? I mean that with all sincerity.
He is genuine , his first accout got TO'd so had to comeback with another account..good poster  ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2010, 06:17:29 AM »

Clearly a strong "on the money" post right there.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2010, 06:30:41 AM »

Great post!
Q

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »
i cannot think of someone involved with bodybuilding that would be a more interesting interview then chris........in a very short span of time, he went from the industries new "it" boy to a disgruntled retired competitor who appears to have turned his back on the BB world entirely

Would this be any different than a story on Richard Jones?
!

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2010, 09:11:52 AM »
Would this be any different than a story on Richard Jones?

i actually dont know much about richard jones, i mean, i remember seeing him on the cover of flex once.  but from what i do know, yeh, i guess it is similar.  richard jones would probably be an interesting interview as well.

thanks everyone about for the kind words about my post, good to see there are some people left that speak from rationality and objectivness, not emotion and rushed judgment

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »
I think to a certain extent you have to be really f'ing crazy to want to be a pro bodybuilder, knowing the lengths they take to look the way they do...

With that being said, u have to be even MORE nuts to attempt to do it with SHITTY genetics- eg- DAVE PALUMBO...

So, certainly, it's no surprise that guys with HALF A BRAIN like Rich Jones, maybe have realized they'd never win the Mr. O or make BIG TIME MONEY given what they have to work with... so they've decided to do something else with their life...

-A DUB

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2010, 12:18:35 PM »
I don't have much to offer but I do have some. Trained at golds in san jose (before they tore it down) and cook used to lift there, Ray Arde as well. Not many others I can think of.

Anyway Chris Cook- the words ALL DRUGS def come to mind. Dude was strong I won't deny that, had huge legs but his utter lack of a chest and horrible back highlight how he got to his size DRUGS. He's the stereotypical bodybuilder- lifts some weights with shitty form, grows a little, juices long before he really understands how to build a huge, balanced physique- EXPLODES because he has great genetics, competes and burns out before he realizes his true potential. He would have done much better had he waited before juicing so much. He would have had to fight to grow for a while and actually LEARNED how to properly train and might have had a balanced physique.

As it was, here is what I remember. He would come in the gym and a typical arm workout would be some half assed alternate db curls, taking a full 5-6 minutes between sets to either chit chat or stare at himself. Then, Hany would come in the the two of them would dissappear into the bathroom for oh I dunno 20 minutes, maybe 30 or so. Come back out, his shoulders and arms would have fucking welts everywhere. He would sit on the bench, do some seated hammer curls with the 100's with 0 intensity, look like he was in major pain and leave. Legs were hilarious- he used to life in this spandex that was fucking pink and black, sometimes yellow and black. Never understood why a guy would wear pink fucking spandex to lift in. His legs were HUGE, easily his  b

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
guy whats with this fucking thing bouncing around?

Anyway his legs were big but again shitty training. Half reps on the leg press with shit loads of weight etc. I never really saw him work chest. I don't think he liked to. He was the kind of guy who would spend 3 hours training his good parts and ignore the bad, like his weaknesses would fix themselves I guess. Anyway I think the guy could have gone far but he had no clue how to lift and burned out too soon. He was bitter about his contract? Well, yeah, when you look terrible guest posing and worse competing sponsors drop you like a bad habit. Competitive bbers should know this going in. Bbing feeds off the next best thing- you are it, or you fade into obscurity. I personally blame Hany Rambod for many of Cook's issues and eventual decision to retire- the guy made Chris take insame amounts of shit IMO. Im talking synthol gear esiclene whatever. I think Hany made good money off hyping Chris, pointing his finger and saying LOOK I TOOK THE GUY PRO! And that was all he cared about. Make a quick buck you know? Instead what he should have done was work with Chris on his weaknesses, show him how to properly lift, how to build a solid foundation before mega juicing. Hany just propelled the guy into the pro ranks to solicit his implied skills and make money. That's my take anyway.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2010, 12:25:19 PM »
I don't have much to offer but I do have some. Trained at golds in san jose (before they tore it down) and cook used to lift there, Ray Arde as well. Not many others I can think of.

Anyway Chris Cook- the words ALL DRUGS def come to mind. Dude was strong I won't deny that, had huge legs but his utter lack of a chest and horrible back highlight how he got to his size DRUGS. He's the stereotypical bodybuilder- lifts some weights with shitty form, grows a little, juices long before he really understands how to build a huge, balanced physique- EXPLODES because he has great genetics, competes and burns out before he realizes his true potential. He would have done much better had he waited before juicing so much. He would have had to fight to grow for a while and actually LEARNED how to properly train and might have had a balanced physique.

As it was, here is what I remember. He would come in the gym and a typical arm workout would be some half assed alternate db curls, taking a full 5-6 minutes between sets to either chit chat or stare at himself. Then, Hany would come in the the two of them would dissappear into the bathroom for oh I dunno 20 minutes, maybe 30 or so. Come back out, his shoulders and arms would have fucking welts everywhere. He would sit on the bench, do some seated hammer curls with the 100's with 0 intensity, look like he was in major pain and leave. Legs were hilarious- he used to life in this spandex that was fucking pink and black, sometimes yellow and black. Never understood why a guy would wear pink fucking spandex to lift in. His legs were HUGE, easily his  b

according to Chick: "Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited."

maybe Bob has a different definition of "work ethic" than everybody else?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
according to Chick: "Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited."

maybe Bob has a different definition of "work ethic" than everybody else?

Nah he's protecting the guy. They were prolly friends. I will tell you HONESTLY Chris was a fucking lazy lazy lazy trainer. Without his genes he's the skinny guy clogging up the bench press for an hour while he wanders the gym talking to chicks and skinny guys and meandering back to the bench every so often to do a half assed set. The only work ethic he had was from the notion he was going to be a top pro, and had a shit load of guys clamouring around him, pushing him. When he fizzled as a pro, the hype died down and he had nothing to fall back on. Without a team of people feeding him shooting him training him hyping him etc he was nothing.

getbig rookie

• Getbig I
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
#### whats with this fucking thing bouncing around?

Anyway his legs were big but again shitty training. Half reps on the leg press with shit loads of weight etc. I never really saw him work chest. I don't think he liked to. He was the kind of guy who would spend 3 hours training his good parts and ignore the bad, like his weaknesses would fix themselves I guess. Anyway I think the guy could have gone far but he had no clue how to lift and burned out too soon. He was bitter about his contract? Well, yeah, when you look terrible guest posing and worse competing sponsors drop you like a bad habit. Competitive bbers should know this going in. Bbing feeds off the next best thing- you are it, or you fade into obscurity. I personally blame Hany Rambod for many of Cook's issues and eventual decision to retire- the guy made Chris take insame amounts of shit IMO. Im talking synthol gear esiclene whatever. I think Hany made good money off hyping Chris, pointing his finger and saying LOOK I TOOK THE GUY PRO! And that was all he cared about. Make a quick buck you know? Instead what he should have done was work with Chris on his weaknesses, show him how to properly lift, how to build a solid foundation before mega juicing. Hany just propelled the guy into the pro ranks to solicit his implied skills and make money. That's my take anyway.
\

Well in reality (ie truth) Chris Cook worked with me for the nationals when he turned pro. It was the best  (and only time) he looked very good. And after the show, he was bewildered. He thought, or was told, that chemicals in insane amounts were required. After the show MD and F Wheeler and the gang never mentioned my name. Though Chris an up and up guy always did. Point being" Hany rambod never turned "turned" chris cook pro. Second, MD facilitated the lie he did.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
\

Well in reality (ie truth) Chris Cook worked with me for the nationals when he turned pro. It was the best  (and only time) he looked very good. And after the show, he was bewildered. He thought, or was told, that chemicals in insane amounts were required. After the show MD and F Wheeler and the gang never mentioned my name. Though Chris an up and up guy always did. Point being" Hany rambod never turned "turned" chris cook pro. Second, MD facilitated the lie he did.

I think everyone here believes you.

What do you think of Hany and his methods. Does he have any credentials as a nutritionist.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
\

Thanks for posting here... you have some thick skin then you will be a great asset to this board.

Whom do you think had the best raw genetics that you ever worked with. Most overrated/underrated? I guess just sharing some general thoughts of some of the people you have worked with would be very interesting.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »
\

If he worked with you winning the nationals I believe you. I more or less lost touch/interest after he left san jose. I assumed since I always saw him with Hany at the gym that when chris went to LA he continued to retain hany's services. Ignorance of the truth on my part. Get the truth out there. Hany is a scumbag I would think many guys would benefit from hearing the truth and using a legit nutritionist if they want to compete.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2010, 12:47:44 AM »

In Haiti rape was legal until 2005.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
is it true him and cormier used to fuck?
Were did you hear that?
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »

what's your point?

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2010, 04:55:13 AM »

for that matter, in many parts of africa, its is perfectly legal to cut off your daughter's clitoris with a knife to ensure she will never derive any physical pleasure from sex, thus only engaging in intercourse for purposes of breeding and pleasing her husband. :D :D :D

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:46 AM »
dont know him but only way to get so big so fast and lose it all so fast (shy of getting sick) is doing tren/test/gh/slin and then some abombs in another cycle etc (im sure i missed a few drugs)_

slin is a destroyer (unless you have serious guidance)