Author Topic: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story  (Read 27484 times)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story
« on: April 08, 2010, 01:44:40 PM »
who here knows the real story behind the all-too-quick rise and fall of the bodybuilder who at one point appeared to have the entire industry by the balls??

good structure, marketable looks, could have went far.....but after some mediocre placings appeared to fall quickly back to anonymity.

what was the story?

why did his conditioning become such and apparent problem?

why did he go from this, to making appearances like this :-[

to  

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 02:13:55 PM »
I knew a gym owner  who was friends with Chris and every time I went to the store the guy would rant about how much pussy Chris gets and bangs.  Not sure how much was bullshit though.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »
he looks like a grandad in the first pic

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »
I knew a gym owner  who was friends with Chris and every time I went to the store the guy would rant about how much pussy Chris gets and bangs.  Not sure how much was bullshit though.

not all that much of a stretch to believe that. when he was in his prime

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »
not all that much of a stretch to believe that. when he was in his prime
Damn dude was huge, good tie in's and symmetry. I'm interested in the answer myself.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
last I heard he was an MMA fighter
DAWG

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »
i met chris cook a few times....and that story sounds like you got bullshitted......

bench

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 03:17:31 PM »
I think he and a vision of reality. Not only is he getting up there in age (for the sport) but he did the juice, place well in some competitions but then came to realize he has topped out in that profession. Add years of basically a 24hr job of eating, lifting, juice and all the other shit that comes with that type of lifestyle and just had enough. Physically, mentally...hell maybe he was just freaking bored of it all together and wanted to pursue other dreams.

Obviously he had enough sense to just let the dream die...unlike the 56yr old, Ed Hardy, Gold Chain wearing douches that hit on young 20yr old chicks at your local nightclub. To sum it up..some aren't so obsessed, narcissistic and more than likely sociopathic that they need to be a monster that is "6 pack ripped" in their 40's. Priorities change as you age and mature.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »
Didn't Beefyheavyweight weigh in at one point with some Chris stories?

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
Yea ask Beefy aka Tom Prince what he thinks about Chris...

-A DUB

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 04:02:54 PM »
I think he and a vision of reality. Not only is he getting up there in age (for the sport) but he did the juice, place well in some competitions but then came to realize he has topped out in that profession. Add years of basically a 24hr job of eating, lifting, juice and all the other shit that comes with that type of lifestyle and just had enough. Physically, mentally...hell maybe he was just freaking bored of it all together and wanted to pursue other dreams.

Obviously he had enough sense to just let the dream die...unlike the 56yr old, Ed Hardy, Gold Chain wearing douches that hit on young 20yr old chicks at your local nightclub. To sum it up..some aren't so obsessed, narcissistic and more than likely sociopathic that they need to be a monster that is "6 pack ripped" in their 40's. Priorities change as you age and mature.

for some... other get in their 60s being as insecure as they were at 16yo. You dont mature automatically as you age... there are things to do and understand only a few do and understand.

io856

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
awesome structure no doubt

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »
he wasn't that good

E
E

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
He was the US-Version of Dennis Wolf.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »
He was the US-Version of Dennis Wolf.

thats a good point, very similar, i think cook has much better calves though

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 06:49:38 PM »
I think he died of over-tweezing his eyebrows.....TIP......

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »
Damn dude was huge, good tie in's and symmetry. I'm interested in the answer myself.

Bob Chick knows.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »
Ta-Ta-Toothy
U

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited.

Basically, he became disenchanted with the business side of BB when the deal with his supp company/ MD went south...He re-evaluated what his future was and came to the conclusion that he needed more security for himself and his family.

He is currently working in the financial industry and went back to college part time to further his knowledge.....he dabbled in MMA as a hobby, to replace the athletic drive he had for competition/ ...

Just had their second child not too long ago...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »
Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited.

Basically, he became disenchanted with the business side of BB when the deal with his supp company/ MD went south...He re-evaluated what his future was and came to the conclusion that he needed more security for himself and his family.

He is currently working in the financial industry and went back to college part time to further his knowledge.....he dabbled in MMA as a hobby, to replace the athletic drive he had for competition/ ...

Yeah is he still married to the midget with the raspy voice?

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »

now that a couple of years have past, and chris might be able to separate himself from any residual negative emotions he might harbor, and look at his situation objectively

that might be a VERY interesting interview on PBW

**although that will never happen because your sponsors do not want any subject matter addressed that is a little edgy, and does not fit into the glamorous fairytale of fame, health, and success that supplement companies and magazines create to move product

shame though, chris cook might be one of the most interesting interviews in bodybuilding

perhaps aaron singerman can check it out, that is, if his show has not fully and entirely sold out yet, and forgone any of their previous, edgy content

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »
is it true him and cormier used to fuck?
Deep Tissue Massage

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 07:41:19 PM »
Wasnt Chris the married "family man"?

Could be true. Now on his conditioning, it was always a problem, he could never dial it in. He made Edgar Fletcher look ripped.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »

Chris looked AWESOME WHEN HE WAS ON POINT!  But yeah he sorta fell off.

And didn't it take him forever to turn pro, just kept getting raped by the judges!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:35 PM »
Chris looked AWESOME WHEN HE WAS ON POINT!  But yeah he sorta fell off.

And didn't it take him forever to turn pro, just kept getting raped by the judges!

He was built as the next "Blonde Bomber".  8) Good to see him get out if it was over Health issues.  8)
D