Author Topic: When do you train?  (Read 4150 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
When do you train?
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:06:46 PM »
When do you prefer to train (morning, afternoon or evening) and why?

I would prefer to train bright and early in the morning. That is when I feel like I have most of my energy. However, due to my schedule it usually doesn't work out that way. I try to avoid training at night at all costs.
X

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: When do you train?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

I would prefer to train bright and early in the morning. That is when I feel like I have most of my energy. However, due to my schedule it usually doesn't work out that way. I try to avoid training at night at all costs.
as soon as i get out of bed i eat a litlle then train.....if i wait i never get a good workout.....so usually within the hour i wake up...

bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »
as soon as i get out of bed i eat a litlle then train.....if i wait i never get a good workout.....so usually within the hour i wake up...

bench

I guess this leads to my next question: what do you eat in the morning? For some reason I never have an appetite in the morning. My morning meal is a protein shake, a little oatmeal, some fruit and vitamins. I'm just not hungry in the morning.
X

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »
I guess this leads to my next question: what do you eat in the morning? For some reason I never have an appetite in the morning. My morning meal is a protein shake, a little oatmeal, some fruit and vitamins. I'm just not hungry in the morning.
i eat a 8-10 sirloin as soon as i wake up......and it is cooked very, very rare the night before, and i always eat it cold....and usually any carb will do....lately i just eat 2 rice cakes with it...i also take some fish oil, body quick, and stimerex at this time......when i get to the gym i walk 13 minutes on the treadmill with the incline set on 10....i do the treadmill just to waste time, and give my supplements a chance to start kickin!!!

bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
i eat a 8-10 sirloin as soon as i wake up......and it is cooked very, very rare the night before, and i always eat it cold....and usually any carb will do....lately i just eat 2 rice cakes with it...i also take some fish oil, body quick, and stimerex at this time......when i get to the gym i walk 13 minutes on the treadmill with the incline set on 10....i do the treadmill just to waste time, and give my supplements a chance to start kickin!!!

bench

Sirloin in the morning?  :o You serious? I don't think I'd be able to eat red meat in the morning. When I do eat red meat its in the morning. I don't know, I think I'd feel too stuffed to train, especially in the morning.
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »

Morning sucks, around 1pm.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
Sirloin in the morning?  :o You serious? I don't think I'd be able to eat red meat in the morning. When I do eat red meat its in the morning. I don't know, I think I'd feel too stuffed to train, especially in the morning.
Thats confusing. I usually work out about noon, hangover is worn off enough to train but still lingers enough that sweating it out makes me feel better.
E

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 04:33:09 PM »
Thats confusing. I usually work out about noon, hangover is worn off enough to train but still lingers enough that sweating it out makes me feel better.

Oooops, I meant I usually eat red meat in the afternoon or night. Sorry.
X

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
Oooops, I meant I usually eat red meat in the afternoon or night. Sorry.

Gotcha, how about Sausage? And no, I am not making a lame gay joke.
E

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 04:38:44 PM »
bro...i am from Texas.....red meat is the corner stone to my diet.......mexican food too...plus i am allergic to eggs...so that kills most breakfast foods for me...

bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
Gotcha, how about Sausage? And no, I am not making a lame gay joke.

Yes, I often make sausage, peppers and onions. When I do make it, I usually eat it for dinner. In all honesty, certain foods make me shit more than others, and I hate using public restrooms. So, when I'm not home, I tend to eat food that doesn't make me shit  :-X Although I don't like chicken all that much, I'll eat it when I'm not home.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »
bro...i am from Texas.....red meat is the corner stone to my diet.......mexican food too...plus i am allergic to eggs...so that kills most breakfast foods for me...

bench

Ahhh, makes sense now, especially being allergic to eggs. Yeah, that pretty much wipes out all breakfeast foods for the morning.

But yeah, I try to incorporate a lot of red meat into my diet as well. I feel its a better protein source than chicken or turkey.
X

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 04:42:35 PM »
Ahhh, makes sense now, especially being allergic to eggs. Yeah, that pretty much wipes out all breakfeast foods for the morning.

But yeah, I try to incorporate a lot of red meat into my diet as well. I feel its a better protein source than chicken or turkey.
i totally refuse to eat turkey....it can go back to hell where it belongs...

bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »
i totally refuse to eat turkey....it can go back to hell where it belongs...

bench

Well, I think turkey and chicken taste like cardboard. Even when I try to season it, it still taste pretty dull to me. Then again, I am not much of a cook to begin with.
X

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »
Well, I think turkey and chicken taste like cardboard. Even when I try to season it, it still taste pretty dull to me. Then again, I am not much of a cook to begin with.
beef, seafood, and chicken is pretty much it for me......

bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 04:49:40 PM »
and when i eat grilled chicken, i usually dip it in franks red hot sauce......or this sauce from a local taco stand that i am almost sure is made of real lava!!!

bench

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »
When do you prefer to train (morning, afternoon or evening)

evening

and why?

cause I got a job (unlike most guys on here)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »
evening

What time does your gym open? Maybe you could train in the morning and free up some sexy time for the ladies in the evening?
E

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »
What time does your gym open? Maybe you could train in the morning and free up some sexy time for the ladies in the evening?
my gym doesnt close...its even open on christmas....i usually go at about 2-3 am...then go to work...

bench

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »
my gym doesnt close...its even open on christmas....i usually go at about 2-3 am...then go to work...

bench

My last gym was 24 hours, new one closes. When I moved recently I was checking out new gyms and I went to an Anytime Fitness and the manager whore was showing me around and she said if you come at night you have to wear a beeper and if you are attacked, you press it and SHE would come right away. I laughed right in her face, couldn't help it.
E

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »
evening

Well, some people prefer to train before going to work. Luckily, I'm a full time student, so I don't have a job  :D Not unless you count working for the school lol.
X

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 05:17:38 PM »

My last gym was 24 hours, new one closes. When I moved recently I was checking out new gyms and I went to an Anytime Fitness and the manager whore was showing me around and she said if you come at night you have to wear a beeper and if you are attacked, you press it and SHE would come right away. I laughed right in her face, couldn't help it.
haha i would abuse the shit out of that beeper!!!

bench

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
Ive been training after work
L

newmom

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 05:44:05 PM »
cardio in the morning on empty stomach 7 days a week. 4x after work at night also, I do cardio again and just now started with muscle training

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 05:51:10 PM »

Preferably early in the morning but now it's been when ever I can.