Author Topic: Drinking alcohol sucks  (Read 33575 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Drinking alcohol sucks
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2010, 06:50:37 PM »
I come from a very dedicated alcoholic family and even had to learn how to drive a car around the age of ten or so so I could pick my folks up from the neighborhood bar when the phone rang and the bartender was on the other end.

And some professional alcoholics claim that alcoholism skips generations so it your folks are drunks, you won't be, but your kids will be. So far that has proven to be 100% correct.

So I am a two or three drink person and have never really gotten drunk except on a couple of rare occasions which have always been interesting experiences.

One thing I've noticed which might be a common factor for each of us .... but when I have a couple of glasses of wine, I fall asleep within the hour and have dreams in which I could swear that I was actually there and not in a bed sleeping someplace.

I mean those dreams seem to be more real than reality itself. And on numerous occasions those same dreams repeat themselves.

On one such occasion I had a "Salvator Dali" type dream where four very strange things occured under very strange conditions. At the 'end' of that dream I returned to the original starting point and redrempt the whole thing over again but this time everything that was strange in the beginning became absolute clear and understandable when I traveled through it the second time. Many people in that dream even said "Welcome back!" in the second part.

I play Poker with 'shrinks' a few times each month and I tried to explain this dream sequence and one of the docs asked me if I had drunk some wine that evening because there is something in wine called tanem(?) that releases or opens brain cells that produce very strange and very realistic dream sequences.

Anyone else have such experiences after drinking wine? I just opened a bottle to see if it works tonite.

theonlyone

« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2010, 12:00:00 AM »

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2010, 12:12:05 AM »
I come from a very dedicated alcoholic family and even had to learn how to drive a car around the age of ten or so so I could pick my folks up from the neighborhood bar when the phone rang and the bartender was on the other end.

And some professional alcoholics claim that alcoholism skips generations so it your folks are drunks, you won't be, but your kids will be. So far that has proven to be 100% correct.

So I am a two or three drink person and have never really gotten drunk except on a couple of rare occasions which have always been interesting experiences.

One thing I've noticed which might be a common factor for each of us .... but when I have a couple of glasses of wine, I fall asleep within the hour and have dreams in which I could swear that I was actually there and not in a bed sleeping someplace.

I mean those dreams seem to be more real than reality itself. And on numerous occasions those same dreams repeat themselves.

On one such occasion I had a "Salvator Dali" type dream where four very strange things occured under very strange conditions. At the 'end' of that dream I returned to the original starting point and redrempt the whole thing over again but this time everything that was strange in the beginning became absolute clear and understandable when I traveled through it the second time. Many people in that dream even said "Welcome back!" in the second part.

I play Poker with 'shrinks' a few times each month and I tried to explain this dream sequence and one of the docs asked me if I had drunk some wine that evening because there is something in wine called tanem(?) that releases or opens brain cells that produce very strange and very realistic dream sequences.

Anyone else have such experiences after drinking wine? I just opened a bottle to see if it works tonite.

You never know, they might be.  ;)

Dreams are real. You were there. You just tuned out and came back to this consciousness.  ;D

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2010, 12:47:03 AM »
You never know, they might be.  ;)

Dreams are real. You were there. You just tuned out and came back to this consciousness.  ;D

Agreed a dream is no more "fake" than this life is. It's all just something we are experiencing and percieving.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2010, 02:19:58 AM »
Alcohol is one of the worst drugs out there.

There are 3 different types of people who love alcohol.

1. People who have never done other kinds of drugs. So they just drink and don't know any better. They don't realize there are better drugs.
 2. The alcoholic types. Who use alcohol for it's numbing effect of putting you into an oblivious state. Make them problems disapear. These are mostly the homeless drunks and other degenerate alcoholics with a tond of mental problems.
 3. Some freaks out there actually like the alcohol effects for one reason or another. Bonehead college students and teenagers make up the bulk of this category.

Personally, I think many other things are far superior.

Weed, LSD, GHB, Valium, Ambian, Shrooms, and almost every sedative pill i've ever tried is better than booze.

When I get drunk, it just makes me numb and oblivious. When I fuck while drunk, i'm so numb it doesn't feel good. It doesn't increase creativity or give psychedelic insights. It's just kind of a weak buzz that lacks depth.

What do you think?

If you think I'm going thru life sober, you're crazy.

I need to be numb at least 2-3 times a week (shit, I'm hitting it now - 3rd glass of some so-so NZ sav Blanc). 

Why you ask? Because I'm on the hamster wheel....like most of us here...9-to-5, but trying to find the EXIT sign....might happen soon (i.e. financial freedom), might not...until then, the current situation needs numbing. 

Each to their own - that's what I think.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2010, 02:43:39 AM »
 Post up a pic.

You take about yourself like you're some total stud. I'm thinking maybe you're delusional?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2010, 02:45:22 AM »

I need to be numb at least 2-3 times a week (shit, I'm hitting it now - 3rd glass of some so-so NZ sav Blanc). 

Why you ask? Because I'm on the hamster wheel....like most of us here...9-to-5, but trying to find the EXIT sign....might happen soon (i.e. financial freedom), might not...until then, the current situation needs numbing. 

Good post. That's what alcohol is great for, just totally escaping from reality and obliterating yourself.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2010, 02:48:02 AM »
I escaped reality with alcohol. Came back lookin at 9-15 months.  >:(

true story.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2010, 02:59:39 AM »
Post up a pic Mr. Van Damme.

You take about yourself like you're some total stud. I'm thinking maybe you're delusional?

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

Tannins, red wine is full of them.

spinnis

« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2010, 10:29:31 AM »
Worked today and went to the gym, Now im gonna take a shower then clean this room a little bit and then I deserve some cannabis lol

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »
Alcohol is one of the worst drugs out there.

There are 3 different types of people who love alcohol.

1. People who have never done other kinds of drugs. So they just drink and don't know any better. They don't realize there are better drugs.
 2. The alcoholic types. Who use alcohol for it's numbing effect of putting you into an oblivious state. Make them problems disapear. These are mostly the homeless drunks and other degenerate alcoholics with a tond of mental problems.
 3. Some freaks out there actually like the alcohol effects for one reason or another. Bonehead college students and teenagers make up the bulk of this category.

Personally, I think many other things are far superior.

Weed, LSD, GHB, Valium, Ambian, Shrooms, and almost every sedative pill i've ever tried is better than booze.

When I get drunk, it just makes me numb and oblivious. When I fuck while drunk, i'm so numb it doesn't feel good. It doesn't increase creativity or give psychedelic insights. It's just kind of a weak buzz that lacks depth.

What do you think?

and above all it's HARAM :-X

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2010, 07:12:31 PM »

While I agree and definitely know what you're saying, don't you find being sober empowers you more during those 9-5 days? I used to party weekends to escape reality, but I'd pay the price during the weekdays. Now that I don't party, the mon-fri grind seems a lot easier to be honest and even a tad more tolerable. But I do get what you're saying and it's tough staying sober on weekends; you do need some sort of release and escape or shit gets fuking boring.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
and above all it's HARAM :-X

I don't believe in fairy tales and bullshit. I just don't like alcohol and think it's a shitty intoxicant.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2010, 11:40:57 PM »
I don't believe in fairy tales and bullshit. I just don't like alcohol and think it's a shitty intoxicant.

calm down estefan, you just have shitty drinking buddies

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
calm down estefan, you just have shitty drinking buddies

Sure, that's it. Right.....

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2010, 06:58:49 AM »
While I agree and definitely know what you're saying, don't you find being sober empowers you more during those 9-5 days? I used to party weekends to escape reality, but I'd pay the price during the weekdays. Now that I don't party, the mon-fri grind seems a lot easier to be honest and even a tad more tolerable. But I do get what you're saying and it's tough staying sober on weekends; you do need some sort of release and escape or shit gets fuking boring.

I don't binge on the weekends anymore...left that shit back in the 90s...had my 10-12 years of pissing my weekends up a wall and going to work tired and hungover.....dont miss those days at all....great f'king memories though...lol

Just saying - having a few drinks a couple of times a week helps me get through.......some weeks I'm good and don't hit a drop (this usually happens once every 5-6 weeks as my body is telling me it needs a break)......and yeh, those weeks are cool.....I don't have the urge and the work days feel much better......

I don't have the answer.....

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2010, 07:03:17 AM »
Drinking is evil and I condone it! >:(

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
 Last night I did some mescaline from a San Pedro cactus. It was fucking awesome. Better than 6 months with a therapist no doubt. Life is beautiful  ;D

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
I don't binge on the weekends anymore...left that shit back in the 90s...had my 10-12 years of pissing my weekends up a wall and going to work tired and hungover.....dont miss those days at all....great f'king memories though...lol

Just saying - having a few drinks a couple of times a week helps me get through.......some weeks I'm good and don't hit a drop (this usually happens once every 5-6 weeks as my body is telling me it needs a break)......and yeh, those weeks are cool.....I don't have the urge and the work days feel much better......

I don't have the answer.....

It used to be bodybuilding but that changed  :(

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:26 PM »
How many mgs of mescaline was enough?

I am ordering this:
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Dried_San_Pedro__Trichocereus_Peruvianus.cfm?iProductID=2309

"Peruvian Torch - 300mg mescaline per 38 grams dried" - so 20gr gives me about 140mgs is that enough?

Yeah that's the same thing I took.

I just took a 2 foot tall cactus and made the extract out of it. It had me tripping pretty well.

I don't know about grams and mgs of mescaline. I usually just do a 2 foot long section of cactus and it's a good strong dose. But every cactus is different, some are stronger or weaker.

I knew I was tripping well when I walked into a store to buy something, and I forgot why I walked in there and just walked back out confused.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2010, 07:47:37 PM »
I read that 100-200mgs of mescalin is a mild body high trip tho, you think 140mgs is ok for a newbie?

I don't know anything about mescaline dosages in terms of mgs. I like think of it in terms of the length of the cactus, or the number of peyote buttons.

Just take a really big dose. On mescaline it's really hard to have a bad trip, so even if it's really intense it make you feel happy sort of like a stimulant.

With acid you should be more careful, with mescaline just dive in.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
Hahaha, norwegian customs will stop it if it costs more than 200kr, so I can't buy much more than that.
Do you know of any online shops that sell it (200kr is 28dollars)

In most countries they sell San Pedro cactuses in gardening and plant shops.

I always bought mine at regular plant shops. One time I bought one at a Home Depot. I never bought it online. In the USA it's totally legal.

I think almost any normal online plant or cactus shop would have it.

You should plant some and let it grow really big, then enjoy. That's what I did.

Maybe you're better off getting some Salvia? That shit is good, powerful and cheap.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
I've already tried salvia man, it was weird as fuck  :D :D, the one I tried was only 15x tho, so it wasn't that strong. I will try it again sometime but I want to try mescaline first..

My favorite is acid. It's just hardcore and brutal. Do some acid  ;D Mushrooms are awesome too, aren't there lots of mushrooms in Norway?