Author Topic: kid i coached got in to westpoint..he is a beast look at the story  (Read 4170 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: kid i coached got in to westpoint..he is a beast look at the story
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »
 Mal =  :)

No getbig shoutout? ;D
R

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 10:38:13 AM »
To get into westpoint !?! isn't it just a military school ?

I don't get it... is it like the army version of M.I.T or something ?!

LOL...Westpoint..is..wel l let me say it like this...They choose you...You dont choose them. They are the top of the top...check them out

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »
Candidates for admission must both apply directly to the academy and receive a nomination, usually from a congressman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Military_Academy

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
[edit] Admission
The admission process consists of two parts. Candidates must apply directly to USMA for admission, and they must obtain a nomination. The majority of candidates receive their nomination from their congressman.[98] The nomination process is not political and applicants do not have to know their congressman to be nominated. The nomination process typically consists of writing essays, obtaining letters of recommendation, and a formal interview.[99] Admission to West Point is selective: 12.75% of applicants were admitted (total of 1292) to the Class of 2012.[100][101] Candidates must be between 17 and 23 years old, unmarried, and with no legal obligation to support a child. Above average high school or previous college grades and strong performance on standardized testing is expected.[102] The interquartile range on the SAT was 1100–1360 and 68% ranked in the top fifth of their high school class.[5][101] To be eligible for appointment, candidates must also undergo a Candidate Fitness Assessment[103] and a complete physical exam.[103] About 15 candidates are admitted each year from foreign countries at the expense of the sponsoring nation.[104] Candidates may have previous college experience, but they may not transfer, meaning that regardless of previous college credit, they enter the academy as a fourth class cadet and undergo the entire four-year program.[105] If a candidate is considered qualified but not selected, he may receive an offer to attend to the United States Military Academy Preparatory School.[106] Upon graduation from USMAPS, these candidates are appointed to the academy if they receive the recommendation of the USMAPS Commandant and meet medical admission requirements.[107] The West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG) also offers scholarship support to people who do not initially make it into West Point. The scholarships usually cover around $7000 to civilian universities; the students who receive these scholarships do so under the stipulation that they will be admitted to and attend West Point a year later. Those who do not must repay the AOG. New Mexico Military Institute, Marion Military Institute, and Valley Forge Military College are three colleges that students often attend on the AOG scholarship prior to admission to West Point

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 10:49:14 AM »
Candidates for admission must both apply directly to the academy and receive a nomination, usually from a congressman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Military_Academy

That's crazy, Harvard sounds like it's easier to get into... lol

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 11:07:07 AM »
You deserve special stars for this... lol

Nice job
S

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »
I remember our family going to the Air Force Academy.  My brother was Mr. everything perfect and went through everything to go and they were recruiting him heavy for football.  I remember how he had to have some kind of letter from political people to help him or something.  He has been to the White House 3 times.  he met Nixon and Johnson and Clinton.  He ended up not going because one of his goals was to fly jets.  Once he hit 6'6" he was no longer able to eject from the cockpit.  I think that is what happened.  This was back in 1973 so it is foggy.  The only real thing I remember about the whole trip was how many racquetball courts they had and they had so much stuff underground.  They had a pool area that was unreal underground.  My uncle graduated from the Naval Academy in the late 50's.  They actually pay you to go to those schools and you graduate as an officer or something like that.
No Worries 4 me

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »
I remember our family going to the Air Force Academy.  My brother was Mr. everything perfect and went through everything to go and they were recruiting him heavy for football.  I remember how he had to have some kind of letter from political people to help him or something.  He has been to the White House 3 times.  he met Nixon and Johnson and Clinton.  He ended up not going because one of his goals was to fly jets.  Once he hit 6'6" he was no longer able to eject from the cockpit.  I think that is what happened.  This was back in 1973 so it is foggy.  The only real thing I remember about the whole trip was how many racquetball courts they had and they had so much stuff underground.  They had a pool area that was unreal underground.  My uncle graduated from the Naval Academy in the late 50's.  They actually pay you to go to those schools and you graduate as an officer or something like that.
God Dang.

This guy was 6'6 football player with awesome grades and drive...

"HEY GOD...HOW ABOUT SPREADING THE WEALTH"

LOL..Thats awesome.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
Actually this kind of thing isn't good for your getbig "career"...

Call us back when you move into your mothers basement, own someone at the (or steal from your) gym, or give a girl a stomach ache (anal sex style).

::)
S

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 01:15:31 PM »
That's really positive. Good on you, Mal.  :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:52 PM »
Awesome mal....but when they conduct his background investigation for his clearance, don't mention you post on getbig....haha

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 01:38:57 PM »
God Dang.

This guy was 6'6 football player with awesome grades and drive...

"HEY GOD...HOW ABOUT SPREADING THE WEALTH"

LOL..Thats awesome.

I think to this day my brother is still the only person to have a full color truck spread (the largest single area of the newspaper spread open) in the LA Times.  That was back in the early 70's sometime when he got Eagle Scout and was invited to meet Nixon.  I remember him getting some letters from Johnson.  Now that I think about it I am not 100% sure he actually met him.  But I do remember alot of letters.  I also remember Omar Bradley writing something to him.  My brother made me sick and my life hell.  I just know getting into West Point and Anapolis and the Air Force Academy is something very very hard to do and a huge honor.  Big Mal helping that kid is awesome and something you can be super proud of.  By the way, my brother when he played football he was 6'6 and 330 lbs. and ran a 5.0 40 in full pads.  When he went to the Police Academy because of his background and everything else about the fuck he didn't have to lose weight.  As long as he could pass the agility test at he was good to go.  he did it the first time.  There is not one Highway Patrolman who does not know my brother.  Alot of cops too.  He does really good at the Police Olympics.  I did teach him to armwrestle but he lost to a huge Lennox Sheriff so he didn't do it again.  But, I hear he has won a couple Gold Medals in basketball there
No Worries 4 me

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »
Outstanding!

He should lose the earring right away, though.

I didn't realize that cadets had to pay a deposit before entering the academy, but I know that they have to pay for a lot of the stuff they receive upon entry (most notably uniforms and computers).  I thought it was all deducted from their pay, but that's apparently changed now.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »
Outstanding!

He should lose the earring right away, though.

I didn't realize that cadets had to pay a deposit before entering the academy, but I know that they have to pay for a lot of the stuff they receive upon entry (most notably uniforms and computers).  I thought it was all deducted from their pay, but that's apparently changed now.

I guarantee you he will..... 8)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »
Holy crap. You must be hella smart...
i was...i graduated 2nd in my class of over 900.....i also was one of the top shooters in the world when i graduated high school, and westpoint was looking to create a team........i ended up going elsewhere due to the fact that it was too far away, and i would never fully use my degree...

bench

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
Way to go Mr. Wiggs. What a nice little story. Nice to see good news on the news every once in a while.

newmom

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »
Big_Mal, such a great story. In this fucked up world good to know there are some good people around.

Good for you, inspiring

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
Way to go Mr. Wiggs. What a nice little story. Nice to see good news on the news every once in a while.

I think it was one of the other black guys, not Wiggs..... ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 08:57:48 PM »
hahaha...Thanks...Im headed over there tonight...She is making Taquitos and Enchiladas...wahoooooooo o fat Fridays.. here i come
Yeah, yeah, good for you big_mal...........now lets talk about those taquitos and enchiladas!! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »
great story, good for Big Mal!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »

I think you meant the black guy.   ;D

newmom

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2010, 03:57:09 AM »
Yeah, yeah, good for you big_mal...........now lets talk about those taquitos and enchiladas!! :D

omg dont talk about cali mexican food, its my favorite..Rolled tacos with quacamole or carne asada burritto yummmmmmm

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2010, 04:30:44 AM »

Why are you calling Parker Mr. Wiggs?
Q

spinnis

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2010, 04:34:53 AM »
Good story, and I hope you fucking beats his ass if he ruins this chance.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2010, 05:52:47 AM »
i was...i graduated 2nd in my class of over 900.....i also was one of the top shooters in the world when i graduated high school, and westpoint was looking to create a team........i ended up going elsewhere due to the fact that it was too far away, and i would never fully use my degree...

bench

woah.. Thats what i thought.. I was 15 out of 400...My Freshman class was 1000...graduating class 400..I went to the same school as Tyki.

Shooter? As in Sharp Shooter?