Author Topic: Large Hadron Collider machine  (Read 3085 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Large Hadron Collider machine
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:24:25 AM »
They just collided protons at a speed which they were never been able to do so before - now they say they will close Collider for 1 year and then try again with the hope to gain more knowledge into dark matter.

Anybody else feels uneasy about this?

I don't much about dark matter the universe, but I think scientists are in many way and have been in many ways been more interested in how to get to their goal or better how to get the results they need for their studies but don't put in consideration what happens after that.

But Pandora's box has been opened again.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
Re: Large Hadron Collider machine
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:46:46 AM »
Yes I like this topic. Joe Rogan talks about it a lot in his blogs. The way humans aren't satisfied with any technology. He writes some really interesting blogs on his site. I'll paste the one relating to this.

We’re getting closer to forever

I’m a big fan of the work of the genius inventor and author Ray Kurzweil.
If you’re not familiar with his work, Mr. Kurzweil is a proponent of the idea of a technological “singularity.” What he proposes, is that technology is increasing at an exponentially expanding pace that will eventually lead to some sort of convergence between human and artificial intelligence. Each technological innovation is building on the next, and one day it’s going to lead to computers so powerful that they’ll be able to recreate and even surpass the power of the human mind and eventually we’re going to figure out how to download consciousness directly onto these machines and we’ll “live” forever.

Pretty trippy shit when you think about it, but really, where else could all this technology stuff lead? I’ve always wondered what the human thirst for innovation is really all about.
I think the original desire stemmed from a need to improve the quality of life, create tools, get more food, etc., but it’s moved way, way past that now. It almost seems to have a destiny of it’s own today.
While people suffer all over the world from poverty and starvation some of the most complex and expensive scientific projects have nothing to do with fixing any of that shit.

No, the “great work” of the scientific community – the single project that is the most exciting and incredible technological undertaking humans have ever taken part in has nothing to do with improving the quality of life for people in trouble right now. It’s an immense and amazing machine called The Large Hadron Collider.

If you haven’t heard of it, it’s a $10,000,000,000.00 project involving 10,000 scientists from over 100 countries where they’ve built this monstrous 27-kilometer long machine designed to send particles flying around this loop just a girl hair slower than the speed of light, slamming them into each other to try to recreate the conditions milliseconds after the big bang. What they’re looking for is a theoretical particle called the “Higgs Boson,” otherwise known as the “God Particle.” The only possible side effect of this fantastically complicated experiment is the ever-so-slight chance that it might produce a black hole that eats its way through the earth.

Don’t worry about black holes or any other space-time ripping complications and side effects though, because there’s no way the half-insane, socially detached super-geniuses operating that thing would ever let that happen, right? If they thought it was possible for everything to go horribly wrong and destroy the world they would certainly shut the whole project down. Right? I mean, forget about the fact that they’ve invested an enormous chunk of their finite lives designing, constructing and completing this thing, if they thought for a second that it might possibly cause harm they would shut it all down and walk away willingly, right? Right?
I’m not so sure that those motherfuckers might not just roll the dice and take a chance.

It’s a little known fact that before the detonation of the very first nuclear bomb there was a very real concern amongst some scientists that the explosion might create a chain reaction that would destroy the entire Earth’s atmosphere. No one had ever caused a nuclear explosion before, so no one really knew exactly what was going happen.
So what did they do? They said, “Fuck it… Let’s see.”
Now, there are people that will say that those scientists with concerns back then were just misinformed, and that the destruction of the Earth was never a real concern, but that’s real easy to say today.
Truth is, they really didn’t know exactly what the fuck was going to happen, and there was a lot of trial and error involved with the effects of spitting atoms. Anyone that disagrees with that need only look at the old videos of soldiers willingly running directly towards a nuclear blast as a part of a military drill. Obviously that shit is frowned upon today, and if you tried to get a U.S. soldier to do that in 2010 they might fucking shoot you.

Why do we have this constant thirst for technological innovation? You can chalk it off as simple human curiosity – the very reason we evolved from the lower apes in the first place – but I have a feeling there might be a lot more to it than that.
As time goes on and I spend more and more time in the isolation tank under the magical trance of the sacred plant contemplating the mystery of life – I’m increasingly leaning towards the notion that it’s not all that cut and dry.

The idea I’ve been bouncing around in my head over the last couple years is that life, the planet we live on, the universe it resides in and everything that takes place in the entire dimension is really just a gigantic, impossibly complicated mathematical program moving towards a predetermined outcome. That everything; from subatomic particles, to hyenas, to the blow jobs, to solar flares – everything that exists in the entire universe is really just a part of an infinitely complex program totally beyond our comprehension that is moving towards a very certain goal.

In “nature” we see natural patterns in all life forms; the alpha male wolf forces the weaker beta out of the pack because life as a wolf is hard as fuck, and the only way for the species to survive is if only the strongest of males are allowed to breed. The powerful genetics of the Alpha are passed down creating robust offspring to insure that hunts will be successful, keeping the wild game population in check and maintaining the survival of the species and the balance of nature.

Their behavior makes sense to us, and we deem it “natural.”
We see bees pollinating plants and building their fascinatingly complex hives, and we just write it off their “natural behavior.” They’re doing what they’ve been put here to do, but how many people apply this type of thinking to the human race as a whole?
It’s kind of a funny thing about people; we don’t really like to think of our own behavior and purpose here as natural.
Since we’re conscious we like to believe that we have control over our path and purpose.
We generally concede that there are certainly some unavoidable human tendencies; sexual desire, jealousy, anger, etc. But we like to think that these “instincts” can all be brought under control in a “civilized” world, and that we have control over our outcome as a species.

I’m not entirely sure about that.
I wonder if that notion is just a matter of us not looking at ourselves as deeply and objectively as possible. I wonder if it’s not the same arrogance that we display when we classify all of these other living things as animals, but not ourselves. We’re “humans,” a completely different distinction.
I’ve been called an animal- both as a compliment and an insult – but that designation is always to imply that somehow you’ve crossed the line of normal behavior or performance and entered into a place where people are not supposed to go.
I wonder if that lack of objectivity in viewing ourselves is a part of a system that nature has set up for us to make sure that we stay on track to achieve our collective goal. With the tool of conscious self-awareness comes the puzzling spectacle of infinite questions and possibilities. To manage this chaos, we’re given a pattern to follow. We almost universally don’t consider ourselves as animals. We’re above that, and because we’re above that, we don’t even consider the possibility that every single aspect of our behavior, from laziness, to ambition, to curiosity, to violence might just be a part of an insanely gigantic living, progressing program set in place to move us towards a predetermined outcome.

We think we’re lusting after a new car or a bigger TV is because of a foolish desire to keep up with the Jones’, but what if that compulsion is really just because our need for the newest, coolest shit is really something programmed inside of us to insure that we consume and continue to support innovation and the creation of new technology by spending our money on the latest, greatest shit. Our need for “newer, bigger, better, faster” is really just a progression we’re instilled with that’s no different than a bee’s instinct to produce honey and pollinate trees.
What we see and think of as “blind” instincts all over nature might naturally exist in the most complicated species in the most complicated way. Our entire, infinitely complex world we live in might actually be formulated exactly for the purpose of a single goal, and we might exist to facilitate that very thing. That might very well be why we’re here, we’re just a little too arrogant to consider it.

We see this pattern all over the natural world where there are levels of complexity; amebas are simple compared to worms, and worms ain’t shit compared to monkeys, and monkeys ain’t shit compared to us – but what life form trumps the mighty human? I think it might be technology.
We don’t like to think about it this way, but technology might very well be a life form of it’s own, but since we create it, and since it’s nothing like us and doesn’t have a heart or a nervous system, we just think of it as some shit we make.
I have a feeling it might be more complicated than that.

If you were an alien, objectively looking at life on this planet you might very well look at technology as a type of life form.
In nature we see many patterns of parasites infecting a host and causing the host to destroy itself so that the parasite may be born. There’s a aquatic worm that grows inside of a grasshopper, and once it’s developed sufficiently to live outside the host it programs the grasshopper’s brain to head towards water, jump in and drown while the worm burrows out of it’s body and hatches into the water.
The superior organism has lead the inferior one willingly to it’s own destruction so that it can reach the next stage in it’s development.
I think that very well may be what’s happening to us.

Technology; a thing that we think of as something lifeless that we create might actually be a life form that’s living in a symbiotic or even parasitic relationship with human beings. Just like other life forms the old models die off and are replaced by the new ones with a constantly flowing pattern of improvement and adaptation.
Just like you can search the fossil record and find the ancient hominid ancestors of man you can look in my garage and there’s a box of old cell phones and computers that eventually lead to the iphone.
Maybe it’s not the Large Hadron Collider that blows a hole through eternity and becomes the end of everything and the beginning of a completely new cycle, but maybe it’s a new invention created from the lessons learned from firing the collider up that does the trick. It’s not like we’re going to complete the experiments with the collider and stop there.

No one is going to say, “OK, we’ve made black holes, now lets stop making newer, even crazier shit and turn our attention to feeding the poor.”
Not a fucking chance. It’s going to keep moving… and where’s the end? What’s the finish line? A portal to unseen dimensions? Time travel? What if it’s the creation of the next phase of the universe itself? One of the greatest mysteries in all of science is the “birth” of the universe. Because of our own biological limitations we’ve imposed the concept of a “birth” and “death” on the very universe itself. They’ve even come up with an incredible theory of the entire infinite vastness of space emanating from an impossibly small, infinitely dense point and exploding in milliseconds to become everything that we know of today – The Big Bang.
The thought that I’ve been tossing around over the last few years – is what if it’s the human race itself that creates this moment. I mean, if the most sophisticated and complicated experiment human beings have ever undertaken – the very culmination of our technological mastery – is a machine that’s designed to recreate the moments right after the big bang, do you really think we’re going to stop there?

Not a fucking chance. It’s going to keep going. It’s going to keep moving forward despite the protests and concerns of those paying attention. It’s going to be buried deep in the back of your list of priorities when it comes to things to pay attention to. Between sex, and sleep, and work and play, and love and hate, and John and Kate you’ll barely even know it’s going on. You’re going to be sitting at home smoking a joint, drinking a beer watching celebrity rehab, and some half-mad, obsessed genius that sleeps 5 hours a night and pounds redbulls all day is going to come to a point where he’s not exactly sure what’s going to happen if he takes his life’s work to the next level. He’s going to stand there, looking at the button, not exactly sure what to do. Then he’s going to take a deep breath, and say, “Fuck it… Let’s see.”

BIG BANG, and the Universe starts again from scratch, this time doing everything a little bit better and a little bit faster, until it’s time to say, “Fuck it…” again. This process will go on for infinity, every time getting further, more complex, more advanced, but never finished. You and your life and me and mine are just a part of a cycle that’s been around forever. There was no beginning, and there will be no end.
Happy New Year, bitches. We’re just getting started.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:51:19 AM »

I kind of do.  I mean i understand science venturing into unchartered territory to gain knowledge, but what happens when one takes it too far and there is a point of no return?  The black hole thing scares the shit out of me   :o

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 01:56:40 AM »
I love to get smoke weed and look up info on this hadron collider.

Here, theoretical physicist Michio Kaku explains that anything produced by this would be harmless and the earth is impacted by particles much more energetic than what this collider would produce. Whether or not he's lying... I don't know. I'd like to doubt it but one never knows.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 02:18:06 AM »
Yes I like this topic. Joe Rogan talks about it a lot in his blogs. The way humans aren't satisfied with any technology. He writes some really interesting blogs on his site. I'll paste the one relating to this...

James, even if the experimentation manages to create a singularity, it's mass would be very small and the black hole would simply move straight to the center of the Earth i.e. it's core. And there are theories floating around that there is already a black hole there. So I don't think experimenting with sub-atomic "particles" will create anything that will wipe out the Earth or cause large-scale damage.

As for technology, you've made some great points, but I don't see how you can possibly categorize it as a form of life. Life is self sustaining and begets new life for the sake of it, whereas machines don't reproduce themselves for any ulterior motive other than if they're programmed to do so. I can see technology becoming more and more organic, to a point where they it can be fused with our bodies to extend our capabilities and so forth, but not where it becomes self aware like Skynet from Terminator or anything. Would be interesting if it did happen.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 02:31:35 AM »
James, even if the experimentation manages to create a singularity, it's mass would be very small and the black hole would simply move straight to the center of the Earth i.e. it's core. And there are theories floating around that there is already a black hole there. So I don't think experimenting with sub-atomic "particles" will create anything that will wipe out the Earth or cause large-scale damage.

As for technology, you've made some great points, but I don't see how you can possibly categorize it as a form of life. Life is self sustaining and begets new life for the sake of it, whereas machines don't reproduce themselves for any ulterior motive other than if they're programmed to do so. I can see technology becoming more and more organic, to a point where they it can be fused with our bodies to extend our capabilities and so forth, but not where it becomes self aware like Skynet from Terminator or anything. Would be interesting if it did happen.
That was a blog from Joe Rogan's website. He wrote it a few months ago. I had already understood that it would most likely be harmless though reading articles and Michio Kaku's video. I just thought it would be a good piece to share due to it's relation to the collider.

http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/1725

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 02:39:03 AM »
That was a blog from Joe Rogan's website. He wrote it a few months ago. I had already understood that it would most likely be harmless though reading articles and Michio Kaku's video. I just thought it would be a good piece to share due to it's relation to the collider.

http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/1725

Cool, I'll check it out.

I thought you were transcribing an epiphany you had from your latest high ;D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 02:43:11 AM »
this shit has gone too far.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 02:53:36 AM »
Cool, I'll check it out.

I thought you were transcribing an epiphany you had from your latest high ;D
Hahah  I definitely get out there from time to time. It's so interesting to get out of your normal day to day functioning mind and experiences thought not possible without marijuana/psychadelics. Seeign the world for what it really is but realising at the same time that that is not waht it really is at the same time... It's hard to understand and sounds crazy, but if you really think about it it will make sense. I have to lay off the ''drugs'' alot because that view of what the world really is is actually somewhat depressing. I think Joe Rogan is one of the few people that I can relate to, as he's also a frequent flyer and sees the world from a similar angle. ;D

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 04:07:41 AM »
this shit has gone too far.

The catholic church said that with Galileo...

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:51 AM »
What if humans "back in the day" created this machine already, but when they started it all hell broke loose and ruined the planet and "resetting" the entire human race casuining everything to start over,

and now we are here again, playing around with shit we shouldn't be and it might eventually cause another "black hole" or whatever ruining the enitre race once more...

lol thats not sev.

Joe has some nice thought when hes High as fuck  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 04:21:33 AM »

couldn't you make the same argument that Money is a lifeform using Joe's explination? something that "programs" us wanting more then we really need..

Money has ruined a shitload of lives without being able to talk or communicate  ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 04:22:43 AM »
They just collided protons at a speed which they were never been able to do so before - now they say they will close Collider for 1 year and then try again with the hope to gain more knowledge into dark matter.

I don't much about dark matter the universe, but I think scientists are in many way and have been in many ways been more interested in how to get to their goal or better how to get the results they need for their studies but don't put in consideration what happens after that.

But Pandora's box has been opened again.

x2
175lbs by 31st July

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 04:24:16 AM »
Everyone should DL joe rogans new Dvd space monkeys whatever its called.

It has some super childish jokes in there but ALSO some super interesting stuff baked in with some good humor.

edit*

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5473676/Joe.Rogan.Talking.Monkeys.in.Space.2009.DVDRiP.XViD-MisFitZ

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 07:02:51 AM »
Joe Rogan should stick to what he knows, doing drugs and ultimate fighting.

Leave the science to the smart people.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 07:29:28 AM »
CERN: Something May Come Through 'Dimensional Doors'      PDF        Print        E-mail
Thursday, 12 November 2009

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/9320/56/

A top scientist at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) says that the titanic machine may possibly create or discover previously unimagined scientific phenomena, or "unknown unknowns" - for instance "an extra dimension".

"Out of this door might come something, or we might send something through it," said Sergio Bertolucci, who is Director for Research and Scientific Computing at CERN, briefing reporters including the Reg at CERN HQ earlier this week.

The LHC, built inside a 27-km circular subterranean tunnel deep beneath the Franco-Swiss border outside Geneva, functions like a sort of orbital motorway for extremely high-speed hadrons - typically either protons or lead ions.

The differences are, firstly, that the streams of particles are moving at velocities within a whisker of light speed - such that each stream has as much energy in it as a normal car going at 1000mph. Secondly, the beams are arranged in such fashion that the two streams swerve through one another occasionally, which naturally results in huge numbers of incredibly violent head-on collisions.

These collisions are sufficiently violent that they are expected to briefly create conditions similar to those obtaining countless aeons ago, not long after the Big Bang, when the entire universe was still inconceivably small - it was smaller than a proton for quite some time, seemingly, still with all the stuff that nowadays makes up all the supra-enormity of space and galaxies and so forth packed in somehow.

Naturally, some extremely strange phenomena are to be expected when one mangles the very fabric of space-time itself in this fashion. Various eccentric nutballs have claimed that this would doom humanity in one fashion or another; perhaps converting the entire Earth, everything on it and possibly the rest of the universe too into "strangelet soup", monopole mulligatawny or some other sort of frightful sub-particulate blancmange or custard.

It has also been suggested that cack-handed boffins at the LHC might inadvertently call into being a miniature black hole and carelessly drop this into the centre of the Earth, rather irritatingly causing the planet to implode. It's certainly to be hoped that the button marked "Call Black Hole Into Being" on the control board has some kind of flip-down cover over it.

Obviously all that's utter rubbish. But some boffins have speculated that black holes might alternatively act as spacewarp wormhole portals into alternate universes, or something. This would seem to chime with Bertolucci's remarks this week on hyperdimensional "doors" out of which might come unspecified "somethings".

Anyone who has watched a TV, read any sci-fi or seen any movies will be well aware that hyperdimensional spacewarp wormhole portals don't normally lead to anything boring like empty space, parallel civilisations where humanity lives in peace and harmony or anything like that.

Rather, it seems a racing cert that we're looking here at an imminent visit from a race of carnivorous dinosaur-men, the superhuman clone hive-legions of some evil genetic queen-empress, infinite polypantheons of dark nega-deities imprisoned for aeons and hungering to feast upon human souls, a parallel-history victorious Nazi globo-Reich or something of that type.

We took the matter up with Dr Mike Lamont, a control-room boffin at the LHC.

"We're hoping to see supersymmetry and extra dimensions," he confirmed.

Pressed on the matter of doors through which something might come, as hinted at by Bertolucci, Lamont rather elliptically said "well, he's a theorist", before recommending the book Warped Passages by physicist Lisa Randall. This explores ways in which extra-dimensional space and entities might interact with our own. It uses among others the example of how a sphere moving in 3D space would appear to someone living on a single 2D plane-space - that is as a mysterious circle suddenly blossoming into existence, growing, perhaps moving about and then shrinking down and vanishing again.

"There's no maths in it," added Lamont encouragingly, having assessed the intellectual level of the Reg news team with disconcerting percipience.

Summarising, then, it appears that we might be in for some kind of invasion by spontaneously swelling and shrinking spherical or wheel-shaped creatures - something on the order of the huge rumbling stone ball from Indiana Jones - able to move in and out of our plane at will. Soon the cities of humanity will lie in smoking ruins, shattered by the Attack of the Teleporting Juggernaut-tyrants from the Nth Dimension.

Dr Bertolucci later got in touch to confirm that yes indeed, there would be an "open door", but that even with the power of the LHC at his disposal he would only be able to hold it open "a very tiny lapse of time, 10-26 seconds, [but] during that infinitesimal amount of time we would be able to peer into this open door, either by getting something out of it or sending something into it.

"Of course," adds Bertolucci, "after this tiny moment the door would again shut, bringing us back to our 'normal' four dimensional world ... It would be a major leap in our vision of Nature, although of no practcal use (for the time being, at least). And of course [there would be] no risk to the stability of our world."

-----------

Not sure how these guys can be so positive in what may or may not happen.
R

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 07:40:51 AM »
Carl Sagan approved.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 07:51:34 AM »
If innovators acted like most of the people in this thread, we'd be afraid of playing with fire to cook our next meal.  ::)

Better listen to the Getbig scientists with their Oxford PhDs in theoretical physics.

Keep up the good work scientists.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 07:52:35 AM »

Wow... just wow.

That's a damning indictment of the New Zealand public school system right there.

The Luke

spinnis

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 07:52:35 AM »
If innovators acted like most of the people in this thread, we'd be afraid of playing with fire to cook our next meal.  ::)

Better listen to the Getbig scientists with their Oxford PhDs in theoretical physics.

Dude there is a different in warming up food and creating black holes and shit lol.

I think they money could be spent on better things no?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 07:54:32 AM »
A top scientist at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) says that the titanic machine may possibly create or discover previously unimagined scientific phenomena, or "unknown unknowns" - for instance "an extra dimension".
Vince Basile inbound.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 07:56:12 AM »
Dude there is a different in warming up food and creating black holes and shit lol.

You're missing the entire point of my post. You don't get anywhere without pushing the limits. Medicine as it is today? Got there by pushing the boundaries of the field. The computer you're posting on? Built from people pushing the limits of electronics.

If humanity was always content with where it stood, we'd be living in the stone age. No thanks. Keep pushing those boundaries scientists.

They've already collided particles and nothing happened. So much for all the CTers claiming the universe would explode when they did it for the first time.  ::)

Also, there have been dozens of papers written on this by top scientists who are and aren't involved with the LHC and they do a much better job explaining and accounting for possible events than these sensationalized articles written by people living in their parent's basement.

spinnis

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 07:59:22 AM »
You're missing the entire point of my post. You don't get anywhere without pushing the limits. Medicine as it is today? Got there by pushing the boundaries of the field. The computer you're posting on? Built from people pushing the limits of electronics. 

I fully understood your point, I still think this is a bit different.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 08:01:12 AM »
They've already collided particles and nothing happened. So much for all the CTers claiming the universe would explode when they did it for the first time.  ::)

Exactly.
Particles with similar speeds/energies to those energies achieved by the LHC actually impact the Earth all the time.

If the LHC could form a black hole, then why don't such black holes form in the atmosphere all the time? Particles from space with such high energies hit the atmosphere regularly?

Honestly, the level of scientific illiteracy in this thread is shameful. Stella and Kiwiol are known to be "away with the fairies" somewhat, but the rest of you should be embarrassed.

The Luke

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 08:06:08 AM »
Exactly.
Particles with similar speeds/energies to those energies achieved by the LHC actually impact the Earth all the time.

If the LHC could form a black hole, then why don't such black holes form in the atmosphere all the time? Particles from space with such high energies hit the atmosphere regularly?

Honestly, the level of scientific illiteracy in this thread is shameful. Stella and Kiwiol are known to be "away with the fairies" somewhat, but the rest of you should be embarrassed.

The Luke

It's Getbig. If it's not a piece of sensationalized propaganda written for profit, then most people aren't interested. Education and knowledge aren't exactly important for most Getdumbers.