Author Topic: Gingrich says Palin 'tremendously important'  (Read 1508 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Gingrich says Palin 'tremendously important'
« on: April 10, 2010, 05:37:54 PM »
He's right. 

Gingrich says Palin 'tremendously important'
Posted: April 10th, 2010

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Gingrich is touting Sarah Palin's role in the Republican Party.

(CNN) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, still considered among the most influential members of the Republican Party, is touting Sarah Palin's impact on the GOP and her future in the party.

"Sarah Palin is tremendously important right now, I mean for maybe 40 percent of the country, she personifies courage, clarity," Gingrich told CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Both Gingrich and Palin were among the event's featured speakers.

"She's attractive, she's articulate, she has energy," Gingrich continued in the interview set to air Sunday on CNN's State of The Union. "Watch the size of her crowds…And I think whether that translates into something bigger later or whether she's just a very significant person for the rest of her life, she is a real player, nobody should underestimate her."

Gingrich also said Palin's prominence in the Republican Party will continue, regardless of whether she decides to mount a presidential bid in 2012.

"I think she has the potential to fill a niche for a very long time, particularly in an age of cable television and talk radio when you can build your particular market and your audience, and they can love you and come to your meetings and do things with you, and she's done, I think the last couple months she's been very impressive," he said.

But, should Palin decide to launch a presidential campaign, would she be a formidable opponent against President Obama?

"Well, if my choice was Sarah Palin or Barack Obama, I'd rather have Sarah Palin," said Gingrich.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/10/gingrich-says-palin-tremendously-important/?fbid=54YJ106g8kS

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Gingrich says Palin 'tremendously important'
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »
what else would you expect him to say

especially considering the event at which he is speaking

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:23:27 PM »
She is the only one w the balls to call the traitor pofs communist ehat he is.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »
She is the only one w the balls to call the traitor pofs communist ehat he is.
who did she call a traitor piece of shit communist?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »
She is the only one to have called out maobama on his domestic terrorist friends, the only to CORRECTLY point out the govt rationing boards in deathcare, and is now the only one calling out this communist domestic enemy within out on this nuclear weapon farce for what it is.

She has many flaws and has made mistakes, but failing to call a spade a spade is not one of them. 

Cheer on this communist traitor all you like straw more and more people are waking up daily until the only ones left supporting him are the lgbt'ers like yourself, the liberal jews and guilt ridden whites, and the black vote who will stand by him even if he put a white hood over his head. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
She is the only one to have called out maobama on his domestic terrorist friends, the only to CORRECTLY point out the govt rationing boards in deathcare, and is now the only one calling out this communist domestic enemy within out on this nuclear weapon farce for what it is.

She has many flaws and has made mistakes, but failing to call a spade a spade is not one of them. 

Cheer on this communist traitor all you like straw more and more people are waking up daily until the only ones left supporting him are the lgbt'ers like yourself, the liberal jews and guilt ridden whites, and the black vote who will stand by him even if he put a white hood over his head. 

LoL - the Ayers thing again

good lord you're stupid

let me know what you can actually find a death panel

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »
 I think I hate her more than Obama, it's defiantly close.  

If she cared at all about the American people she would shut her hole and take a long vacation in some log cabin in Bumfuckville Alaska so that we would stop having stupid distractions and get down to real business. She is a saboteur to the real Revolution.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »
I think I hate her more than Obama, it's defiantly close.  

If she cared at all about the American people she would shut her hole and take a long vacation in some log cabin in Bumfuckville Alaska so that we would stop having stupid distractions and get down to real business. She is a saboteur to the real Revolution.

;D ;D ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
SNL roasting her again... Tina fey is back.

Of course EVERY potential republican 2012 candidate is going to suck up to her.  They know whoever she throws her support behind will have a huge advantage.

Really, you have to wonder why so many repubs believe she is better prepared to be president than Newt, Romney, pawlenty, or Jeb.  Just unbelievable.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 08:58:50 PM »

Of course EVERY potential republican 2012 candidate is going to suck up to her.  They know whoever she throws her support behind will have a huge advantage.

Really, you have to wonder why so many repubs believe she is better prepared to be president than Newt, Romney, pawlenty, or Jeb.  Just unbelievable.

Was that on tonight?  It's only 9pm here in CA
I may have to DVR it

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 09:02:08 PM »
It is on now, 11:50 PM EST. 

Tina Fey is on tonight.  They did a "sarah Palin network" with her.  Funny stuff.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 09:04:19 PM »
It is on now, 11:50 PM EST. 

Tina Fey is on tonight.  They did a "sarah Palin network" with her.  Funny stuff.

cool - thanks

turrilli

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 12:46:47 AM »

Gingrich is not known for being an ass kisser even within his own party it is not common for him to praise someone unless he fully backs them. He tends to be one of the harsher critics even in his party at times, so I don't think the above statement really fits.

This argument is becoming nothing short of hysterical! "Better prepared" the way so many throw that phrase around is laughable. The number one qualification for being president or rather what should be the number one qualification, understanding the constitution, understanding that this is what we are bound to, holding to the rule of law, understanding that the people or this country are above the government and not the other way around...this is and should be the forefront of what makes someone "prepared" to be president. But obviously at the moment it is not, after all, we just elected a president who either doesn't understand them or has no regard for them. To even begin to say Obama holds to the rule of law is nothing short of insanity or stupidity...depending on the person that says it.

Anyway, Newt would be a fine candidate, a brilliant man but unfortunately in a era of media bombardment I don't know if he holds the charisma of a Romney. Obviously that shouldn't matter, 50yrs ago he would've been a sure thing. Romney on the other hand, he has the charisma Newt lacks but he is in many ways "progressive light" and come 2012 many Americans may indeed be sick and tired of any progressive agenda...I hope so.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 05:49:22 AM »
in that case, a Romney/Newt ticket sounds like it would do pretty well

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 06:19:00 AM »
in that case, a Romney/Newt ticket sounds like it would do pretty well
Yes, but this ticket is much better.  ;)

!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 06:22:51 AM »
Once commie in chief tries to impose a vat tax to fund his coke induced plans Palin, bachaman, mr t, pee wee herman, or even johnny knoxville would own obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 06:27:45 AM »
'Once commie in chief tries to impose a vat tax to fund his coke induced plans Palin, bachaman, mr t, pee wee herman, or even johnny knoxville would own obama. '

many people thought healthcare would be the trigger for a plummeting obama in the polls.  Unbelievably, he's sitll at 49%.  He can feed us Vat, Crap/trade, amnesty, whatever... I dont think he's gonna drop all that much.  49% of america ate the healthcare crap sandwich with glee.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 06:36:16 AM »
I disagree completely.  Reid said he is going to push amnesty next and that will be another major battle. 

The vat tax issue will really be a battle for this nation. A vat tax means the end is near as will be cw2 since it will send millions more out of work and consumer prices skyrocketing.
what most of you dopes don't understand is that a vat tax also screws you onl state sales tax since you will be paying sales tax on a much higher price at the register. 

FUBO!!!!!

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 07:00:04 AM »

"Its about party lines, they always stick to their party"....."Even if they hate each other, they have a common enemy, the "Other Party"!!!   Rep, or Dem, its about your party!!!    :-X

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:37 AM »
Yes, but this ticket is much better.  ;)

Regardless of political affiliation, they're both hot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 07:05:24 AM »
Obama is every taxpayers' enemy, regardless of party. 

Once this debt commission comes back and they try to do the vat tax you will wake up to the reality that you have a big fat bullseye on your chest by the thief in chief in the wh.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
Obama is every taxpayers' enemy, regardless of party. 

Once this debt commission comes back and they try to do the vat tax you will wake up to the reality that you have a big fat bullseye on your chest by the thief in chief in the wh.

IMO, a VAT may drive us into the ground.  Perhaps not, but it's an extremely punitive tax. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 08:11:05 AM »
Regardless of political affiliation, they're both hot.
:-\ :-X 

Reason enough for you to vote for them in '12, no doubt.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 08:14:46 AM »
man, i would probably knock on doors today for Romney.  Definitely for RPaul.

Romney's gonna be more of the bush/obama equation, let's be honest though.  He wouldn't criticize bush on anything, and obama's just Bush2.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 10:15:24 AM »
:-\ :-X 

Reason enough for you to vote for them in '12, no doubt.

Only if my vote bought me a threesome...but that would be understandable.  :D