Author Topic: Is CS5 worth it  (Read 4443 times)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Is CS5 worth it
« on: April 12, 2010, 07:41:45 AM »
Okay you nerds.  Is CS5 worth the upgrade from CS4.  What does it have worth the upgrade and hassle.  Hurry up
No Worries 4 me

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Is CS5 worth it
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:59:41 AM »
Okay you nerds.  Is CS5 worth the upgrade from CS4.  What does it have worth the upgrade and hassle.  Hurry up

I'm going to upgrade.

http://cs5.org/

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:01:27 AM »
what amazing things are you gonna do wth it that cs4 cant handle?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »

You owe THE BEEF a $100 bucks you fat bastard.

THE BEEF

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:15:47 AM »
You owe THE BEEF a $100 bucks you fat bastard.

THE BEEF
k son your dream is over.  You owe me $200 just to have me respond to you.  Go get a job quit begging you skinny twink
No Worries 4 me

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 08:18:44 AM »
what amazing things are you gonna do wth it that cs4 cant handle?
cs 4 likely has all the functions you need.

don't simply upgrade because a new version is released.

Most people haven't even touched the surface of CS 4's capabilities

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:24:59 AM »
cs 4 likely has all the functions you need.

don't simply upgrade because a new version is released.

Most people haven't even touched the surface of CS 4's capabilities

Like me.  I went from CS2 to CS4 and so far I really haven't seen anything substantially different.  And I don't use some of the programs at all.  Photoshop and Illustrator I use the most.  I have CorelDraw X4 too so I don't much of the other stuff.  I have never used Flash but wish I could.  I am trying to learn Premiere and I have used SoundBooth.  But, unless they made Flash easier to learn in CS5 I probably won't get it.  I just can't see getting more in Photoshop por Illustrator than I use now
No Worries 4 me

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:29:32 AM »
Like me.  I went from CS2 to CS4 and so far I really haven't seen anything substantially different.  And I don't use some of the programs at all.  Photoshop and Illustrator I use the most.  I have CorelDraw X4 too so I don't much of the other stuff.  I have never used Flash but wish I could.  I am trying to learn Premiere and I have used SoundBooth.  But, unless they made Flash easier to learn in CS5 I probably won't get it.  I just can't see getting more in Photoshop por Illustrator than I use now

Flash is super simple to design with. Programming with it, and doing very complex animations, are another story altogether as it becomes much more complex when utilizing Actionscript. The addition of the z-axis and bone tool and new tweening features to Flash was a huuuuge leap forward from cs3 to cs4. I'm not sure of the advancements in Flash CS5 yet as I'm more focused on Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Photoshop at this point in time.

As far as Photoshop CS5 goes the Puppet Warp Tool and HDR toning look very cool and are definitely features I will be implementing in my work. The new paint features look very interesting too.

I purchase this stuff through my biz anyway so it's basically free for me.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:33:26 AM »
Flash is super simple to design with. Programming with is another story altogether as it becomes much more complex when utilizing Actionscript. The addition of the z-axis and bone tool and new tweening features to Flash was a huuuuge leap forward from cs3 to cs4. I'm not sure of the advancements in Flash CS5 yet as I'm more focused on Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Photoshop at this point in time.

As far as Photoshop CS5 goes the Puppet Warp Tool and HDR toning look very cool and are definitely features I will be implementing in my work. The new paint features look very interesting too.

For some reason I just don't get Flash.  I even bought the dummy book and took it out to my pool and read that thing and still don't get it.  I can't even make a ball bounce.  And I know if I could learn it I would do great with it.
No Worries 4 me

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 08:41:30 AM »
For some reason I just don't get Flash.  I even bought the dummy book and took it out to my pool and read that thing and still don't get it.  I can't even make a ball bounce.  And I know if I could learn it I would do great with it.

Simple animation =

Draw a circle on your first keyframe.

Add new keyframe on say frame 20.

Drag circle to end point while frame 20 is still highlighted.

Right-click with your mouse in the timeline between frames 1 and 20.

Click 'create classic tween'.

Cntrl-Enter to test.

Voila!

My syntax may be incorrect but that's basically how you do simple animations. You could add easing and tween the shape as well to create a more realistic animation, but that's how simple it is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 08:05:03 AM »
I can't do a quarter of the things in CS4.

CS5, to me, isn't worth it