Author Topic: Viper vs Corvette Z06...  (Read 10683 times)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Re: Viper vs Corvette Z06...
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2010, 05:58:20 PM »
You mean your Viper is history or Viper itself? Because Chrysler has confirmed that the next gen Viper will be produced...and something tells me that Ferrari and Pininfarina are gonna have some input into it. And believe that they are keeping the V10 as well.

I didn't know this until I read KSA's post, but it is legit. Viper will be discontinued in 2011. Read here at Viperalley http://www.viperalley.com/forum/forum-announcements-news-motions/83811-dodge-viper-final-edition.html  The Viper died when Dodge introduced the Gen 3 in 2003 with the convertible style with the straight edge lines and when they got away from the rounded body style that it was known for with the Gen 1&2's. If you are one of the lucky one's that own a Viper, you just got a little collectors item. Yellow with black stripes, thats one sweet Gen 2 right there

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »

I didn't know this until I read KSA's post, but it is legit. Viper will be discontinued in 2011. Read here at Viperalley http://www.viperalley.com/forum/forum-announcements-news-motions/83811-dodge-viper-final-edition.html  The Viper died when Dodge introduced the Gen 3 in 2003 with the convertible style with the straight edge lines and when they got away from the rounded body style that it was known for with the Gen 1&2's. If you are one of the lucky one's that own a Viper, you just got a little collectors item. Yellow with black stripes, thats one sweet Gen 2 right there
I read that Fiat was keeping it alive, seems like it's just a runoff for that generation. And from that website, there is confirmation

I'm with Makara, we're lucky Fiat are planning to keep the brand name alive and should be grateful for that. They may yet surprise us with a big engine befitting the Viper label in a future gen V.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
x2

I'm thinking of getting a 2002 model or so (cuz I'm poor as shit)

Well, you may as well think of a 2002 base model with an LS1 (cuz a low mileage 2002 LS6 405hp Z is far from "cheap")--and will still give any C6 a run for the $$$$$$.

I would buy a C6Z before a ZR1 any day. The only thing badder than a C5Z is...well, a C6Z. That is all.  ;D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2010, 10:29:17 PM »

that's good news on the collector value. i have a 2002 GTS grafite grey with silver stripes. 78 were ever produced with this color combo. i hardly drive it cause my damn dog doesn't fit in  it. 7300 miles on it since new.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2010, 03:11:53 AM »
that's good news on the collector value. i have a 2002 GTS grafite grey with silver stripes. 78 were ever produced with this color combo. i hardly drive it cause my damn dog doesn't fit in  it. 7300 miles on it since new.

there is also the ACR Voodoo Edition, the ACR 1:33 Edition, and the ACR-X