Author Topic: Petition to DISCONTINUE Insurance for Uneducated Personal Trainers  (Read 3125 times)

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
In the coming days, I will be posting a link to an official petiition that I am starting which will be eventually distributed to all major health care professional insurance providers. The basis of the petitition is to discontinue insurance coverage for personal trainers that lack true qualifications. In real world terms, this means no insurance coverage unless you have, at minimum, a B.S. in Exercise Science or Nutrition as well as a certification that cannot be completed online, at home, or in a 48 hour workshop. The only exception to this would be the allowance of continued coverage for trainers that do not meet these qualifications as long as they are employed only in a major training company, subcontracted to a commercial gym chain; then they would qualify for coverage under the umbrella of said training company.

Effectively, this would force all unqualified and uneducated trainers into commercial gym settings while they earn their degree and certifications. The removal of independent operating scam artists who steal the money of the consumer will be an extremely positive move for the fitness industry.

I already have a few big names in the fitness industry (training managers of  a few very high end commercial gyms, for example) on board with this petitition and I hope to see the support of those of you on this board that want to help out the fitness industry and guarantee protection for the consumer.

More details to come soon.

- HR

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
Re: Petition to DISCONTINUE Insurance for Uneducated Personal Trainers
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »
So instead of letting your credentials speak for themselves, you would rather "outlaw" those with more experience and expertise taking business from you since they get results? Doesn't matter how you word it, it all boils down to you trying to protect your academical investment. Assuming this isn't a gimmick.

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:27:18 AM »
So instead of letting your credentials speak for themselves, you would rather "outlaw" those with more experience and expertise taking business from you since they get results? Doesn't matter how you word it, it all boils down to you trying to protect your academical investment. Assuming this isn't a gimmick.

It is for the protection of the client and the integrity of the industry. Do we allow people who have not finished medical school to perform surgery?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Lets include the "fakes" who can only talk the talk yet can't prove who they are or the credentials they say they have.  Fuck, where would that leave HugeRaped
No Worries 4 me

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »
It is for the protection of the client and the integrity of the industry. Do we allow people who have not finished medical school to perform surgery?

The industry? hahahahahahahaha

Maybe you should get yourselves unionized and demand better working conditions and health insurance? hahahahahaha

HugeRetard are you sure you're not one of Adonis's gimmicks?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »
2 loop holes:

fitness/boot camps at public parks

People who sell online training & nutriton programs

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
In the coming days, I will be posting a link to an official petiition that I am starting which will be eventually distributed to all major health care professional insurance providers. The basis of the petitition is to discontinue insurance coverage for personal trainers that lack true qualifications. In real world terms, this means no insurance coverage unless you have, at minimum, a B.S. in Exercise Science or Nutrition as well as a certification that cannot be completed online, at home, or in a 48 hour workshop. The only exception to this would be the allowance of continued coverage for trainers that do not meet these qualifications as long as they are employed only in a major training company, subcontracted to a commercial gym chain; then they would qualify for coverage under the umbrella of said training company.

Effectively, this would force all unqualified and uneducated trainers into commercial gym settings while they earn their degree and certifications. The removal of independent operating scam artists who steal the money of the consumer will be an extremely positive move for the fitness industry.

I already have a few big names in the fitness industry (training managers of  a few very high end commercial gyms, for example) on board with this petitition and I hope to see the support of those of you on this board that want to help out the fitness industry and guarantee protection for the consumer.

- HR

stop posting here you fucking homo

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »

No but surgeons are actually important unlike personal trainers.

El Chapo

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
post a picture of your diploma and credentials loser. your a liar

- El Chapo

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »

- HR

You on the path to being a legend on Getbig....... ::)
A

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »

- HR

Brutal lack of being able to spell PETITION..not once....but three times.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »
This gimmick is such an idiot he doesn't even have a clue on the workings of the "industry". Hahaha.

TEsticles

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »

- HR

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 01:49:58 PM »
He mimmicks Adam greatly. Especially with the "more details later"
You Can't Do It!!!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
is fitness instructor insurance worth the paper it's written on anyway?

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »
Its 'petishun'  ::)

Long live beef it betil.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »
Epic loser having spent 6 years of his life pursuing a masters degree in 'fitness' is now bitter because guys that did a weekend personal training course are making 4x what he is...Hahahahahaha

They're banging hot female clients while he's counting pennies to pay off his 6 years of school, which he would have had the equivalent in a 2 week course..

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
2 loop holes:

fitness/boot camps at public parks

People who sell online training & nutriton programs

LOL...both of those exist at my gym but to make it even better the public park 'boot camps' are video taped and showed in a DVD loop on large flatscreens 24/7 in the cardio area while the walls are punctuated with following two signs:

1. 'Look better naked' - boot camp slogan
2. Can we pray for you?

because nothing goes together better than sleazing your ego/sex/body image with Christian humility  ::)

Time for a new gym...

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
hugeripped, I wish you much success on this, and one day for clients protection this will pass.

TEAM Nasser

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
Is "exercise science" something completely different in the US? Over here (Europe) those studying exercise science become fysiotherapists, working with injured people, old people etc
They are generally not training guys who just want to get hjooggg?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 05:23:22 PM »
How about a petition that you actually have to look like you work out to be a personal trainer ?!?

guess that means goodrum and huge ripped automatically lose their jobs.

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
Epic loser having spent 6 years of his life pursuing a masters degree in 'fitness' is now bitter because guys that did a weekend personal training course are making 4x what he is...Hahahahahaha

They're banging hot female clients while he's counting pennies to pay off his 6 years of school, which he would have had the equivalent in a 2 week course..

You are a charlatan and a scam artist that parades himself as a fitness industry professional via your Can-Fit-Pro "certification." You have not the slightest inkling of what my annual salary bracket is, nor will I stoop to the low-class level in which you reside to be crass enough to provide the actual numbers of my yearly income. Suffice to say, though, that I am extremely successful in the fitness industry and my six years of education in the graduate and post graduate level have paid off immensely. Continue coning innocent people out of their money and providing them with Mickey Mouse training through the usage of your laughable non-collegiate accreditation while you still can. The fitness industry will see a huge change soon via the discontinuance of insurance for frauds such as yourself.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:15 PM »

- HR

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »
You are a charlatan and a scam artist that parades himself as a fitness industry professional via your Can-Fit-Pro "certification." You have not the slightest inkling of what my annual salary bracket is, nor will I stoop to the low-class level in which you reside to be crass enough to provide the actual numbers of my yearly income. Suffice to say, though, that I am extremely successful in the fitness industry and my six years of education in the graduate and post graduate level have paid off immensely. Continue coning innocent people out of their money and providing them with Mickey Mouse training through the usage of your laughable non-collegiate accreditation while you still can. The fitness industry will see a huge change soon via the discontinuance of insurance for frauds such as yourself.

The joke's on you loser, I haven't trained anyone for money (as a personal trainer) since maybe 2004
I actually went to university, got a bachelor's and got a great job, unlike you, wasting 6 years of your life to get a masters in fitness, hahahahah... At least I got to bang some smoking chics while getting paid to train them, what's your clientelle? middle aged women from auto accidents ?!? hahahaha

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:18 PM »

I can't believe this gimmick is putting this much effort and time into this....If you are a real person hugeripped, than you have more insecurity issues than a 13 year old boy...
You Can't Do It!!!