Author Topic: RARE JOE WEIDER INTERVIEW!!!  (Read 6561 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
RARE JOE WEIDER INTERVIEW!!!
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »
God Bless him 8)

I love that old man.  

Part 4 he talks a little about drugs, even Joe isn't happy with bodybuilding today....massive PWNAGE!!! ;D  I guess in someways it's sad because this isn't how Joe wanted bodybuilding to be but once something is put in play there is no holding it back and it's going to "progress" whether you want it to or not.  Although in the case of bodybuilding progression would have been defined as how the bodybuilders should have been judged according to the IFBB handbook.  Now it's just 4 muscularity rounds and has ZERO to with health.  The only thing that has progressed is the size of muscles, the variety of drugs and how dry the guys and girls can get.  It must suck to see your vision/dream become an abomination.  I'm sure Joe feels the same way and if he were younger things would be alot different.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: RARE JOE WEIDER INTERVIEW!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:21:41 AM »
good post!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 02:24:54 AM »
Mad props for both Weiders, though I love to make fun of them.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 05:48:22 AM »
Bodybuilding never had anything to do with health. It might have been some times a sideproduct of training, but in essence it was just a marketing scam to try to make bodybuilding more mainstream.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 05:59:12 AM »
bodybuilding is definetely going through some sort of mutation process before it reaches greatness... or goal.. well I hope this mutation state is reversable  ;D

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:24:54 AM »
~

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:35 AM »
I didn't expect his voice to sound the way it did...
S

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »
If you get anything out these interviews, know that Bob Hoffman is a son of a bitch! >:(
You tell em grandpa Joe!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
joe doesn't seem long for this world. bob hoffman was a known racist and won't crown a black or hispanic as mr america  till chris dickerson. he also won't put them on the cover of his mags MD and S&H. two noteables hoffman kept down were harold poole who was actually part native american and sergio oliva.
F

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »
Couple of suggestions for the guys who made this interview. I know you read this.  ::)

1) Make it stereo. Why is the audio mono?
2) Clear the audio. It's full of rattling noices.
3) Subtitle it. Easier to follow.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 12:06:27 PM »
If you have time, check out the other Ric Drasin interviews, he does a good job. The oldtime Venice Beach/Gold's Gym series was fantastic.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 12:20:49 PM »
joe doesn't seem long for this world. bob hoffman was a known racist and won't crown a black or hispanic as mr america  till chris dickerson. he also won't put them on the cover of his mags MD and S&H. two noteables hoffman kept down were harold poole who was actually part native american and sergio oliva.

Meh, Hoffman and Weider are sisters under the skin, so to speak.

Hoffman was a "Whiteman's Burden" type of fella. If you were in his stable, he was good to you. He helped John Terry, a black lifter out when he got out of prison, defended John Davis from racists during his lifting career, etc... Gave a lot of those old lifters jobs, etc... Without him weightlifting would've come close to dying off.

The Weider/Hoffman thing boils down to money, Weider cut him out of a lot of money when he expanded. No-one likes that.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »
Was Hoffman German-Jew or just German?

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »
I don't remember, I think a combination of German and English, he was born in the south then moved north at an early age.

Here's a few old school ownings Hoffman pulled on Weider-

http://www.musclememory.com/articles/fairyTale.html .

http://www.musclememory.com/articles/HoffmanJune1958.html , my favorite .

More here- http://www.musclememory.com/articles/ .

That type of stuff, plus shortening Joseph E. Weider to JEW in his magazine, really annoyed Weider to no end.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
Now Wiggs jumps on Weider's wagon because he found out he was jewish, thinking he may get some cash when he passes... :D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 04:02:27 PM »
Now Wiggs jumps on Weider's wagon because he found out he was jewish, thinking he may get some cash when he passes... :D

yeah, untill he finds out that it was a great jewish man who fucked a black girl, not the other way around... I see a huge black man storm coming  :D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
God Bless him 8)

I love that old man.  

Part 4 he talks a little about drugs, even Joe isn't happy with bodybuilding today....massive PWNAGE!!! ;D  I guess in someways it's sad because this isn't how Joe wanted bodybuilding to be but once something is put in play there is no holding it back and it's going to "progress" whether you want it to or not.  Although in the case of bodybuilding progression would have been defined as how the bodybuilders should have been judged according to the IFBB handbook.  Now it's just 4 muscularity rounds and has ZERO to with health.  The only thing that has progressed is the size of muscles, the variety of drugs and how dry the guys and girls can get.  It must suck to see your vision/dream become an abomination.  I'm sure Joe feels the same way and if he were younger things would be alot different.

Joe's really struggling with his thoughts and his words today. Looks like he's well into Alzheimers here. Things that came so easy to him only a few years ago, are completely out of his reach nowadays. REALLY sucks to get old.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 08:02:37 PM »
Joe Weider being interviewed in 1991 at a Legends of Bodybuilding dinner. The difference between then and now in Joe is night and day:

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 08:03:19 PM »
Joe's really struggling with his thoughts and his words today. Looks like he's well into Alzheimers here. Things that came so easy to him only a few years ago, are completely out of his reach nowadays. REALLY sucks to get old.

such an awful thing.....why cant people just die with dignity

it would be better if we could just burn out one day like a candle.....as compared to this extended period of morbid decay where your faculties dessert you one by one

like they say, you come into the world helpless, and leave the same way  

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »
i'm still shitting blood from a shake of joe weider's mega mass 4000 that i drank in the '90s.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 08:13:51 PM »
i'm still shitting blood from a shake of joe weider's mega mass 4000 that i drank in the '90s.

a lot of young men have shit blood due to joe weider's direct or indirect influence.....

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 08:14:18 PM »
I want to know what he thinks of 'The Situation'

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
Fact is, Joe Weider is more responsible for the existence of bodybuilding than any person in history, whether you like it or don't. At 90 it would make sense that he's not a fan of its current state. His glory days in bodybuilding were the 60's-80's, a time when physiques looked much different.

I've heard plenty of stories about Bob Hoffman too. Doesn't seem to have been a nice guy at all. He sure could lift weights on a row boat though!