Author Topic: Barbour, advisers privately mull 2012  (Read 399 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Barbour, advisers privately mull 2012
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:31:08 AM »
Barbour, advisers privately mull 2012
Politico ^

Posted on Friday, April 16, 2010 2:26:37 PM by Sub-Driver

Barbour, advisers privately mull 2012 By: Jonathan Martin April 16, 2010 01:51 PM EDT

When asked about his presidential ambitions, Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour told reporters earlier this year that “If you see me losing 40 pounds that means I’m either running or have cancer."

It might be time to start watching Barbour’s waistline.

POLITICO has learned that Barbour is weighing the prospect of a 2012 White House bid, and convened a private meeting last Thursday with a group of some of his oldest and closest advisers, some of whom flew in from the East Coast to Jackson. The gathering stretched for six hours, during which time the topic of a presidential run was discussed.

One adviser familiar with the state capital sit-down said that Barbour concluded that he did not need to make a decision now and that the group should meet again after this fall’s election.

Barbour, who as chairman of the Republican Governors Association is directing the GOP’s efforts to win the 37 governors races this year, told his team that he would remain focused intently on November but also made clear that he would stay open to the prospect of a presidential run.

The governor and former Republican National Committee chairman said much the same in an interview with POLITICO at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference last weekend in New Orleans.

(Excerpt) Read more at dyn.politico.com ...

________________________ ___________

I like Barbour.  He is not a RINO.    

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Barbour, advisers privately mull 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »
I could vote for him but man,he has a HEAVY southern drawl.I wonder how that plays on the east coast and midwest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 11:36:21 AM »
I could vote for him but man,he has a HEAVY southern drawl.I wonder how that plays on the east coast and midwest.

It plays with this dago, wop, Nu Yawk, goombah just fine.   ;D  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
dubya won, and he sounded quite downfolksy