Author Topic: If Charlie Crist runs as an independent- and wins the Senator Job- what happens?  (Read 5050 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
No, I meant if Crist ran as an independent - then got the repub nomination.

As a senator, he would be a repub and vote with them as well.

"Ummm,Crist is the most liberal of all republicans out there.He would have voted for the stimulus.That alone disqualifies him from ever winning the republican nomination."

Yeah, sorry but FOX will tell its viewers that the 3 RINOs onstage are the only "viable" candidates.  You'll have the libs Palin, Romney and Crist getting all the airtime while common sense people like barbour, Tancredo and RPaul will be ignored.

And every one of you repubs will pick a RINO in 2012, just like you did last time.  333386, you voted Romney over the other guys - and he's a pissy little lib at heart.

Dont include me in there.I voted for Ron Paul in the primary and sent him money.I just think this year,if a republican comes out and says he would STILL vote for the stimulus,I dont think he can win.You may be right in the end,but it would surprise me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I dunno...

Ron Paul would have exposed Obama as a spend-happy lib in the debates.

Mccain was too busy wandering in front of camera shots and defending Bush to do this.

Obama was wet behind the ears, and with all the Qs about him - RPaul would have called his ass out on it.

Rpaul had the balls to admit there were some 911 Qs, and he took a lot of heat for it.  He would have certainly appealed to a lot of americans by speaking honestly, instead of stump speeching like Obama did.

Also, remember that RPaul had no prob admitting Bush sucked.  Mccain defended his ass.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If Paul runs again I will support and vote for him.The only one I would support over him is Paul Ryan and I dont see him running.Im a Ron Paul guy,in fact,I really wanted to vote libertarian and register as a libertarian UNTIL they nominated that goof ball Bob Barr.If he runs he has my support,but if he doesnt win the primary I will vote for whomever the republicans put up.Obama must be beaten and it makes little differance who beats him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
No, I meant if Crist ran as an independent - then got the repub nomination.

That's what I was addressing.  You might want to let Lurker know.   :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
That's what I was addressing.  You might want to let Lurker know.   :)

Too bad your statement regarding If he cannot win a local Republican primary was called out otherwise.

If you can't handle a debate regarding something you posted, you are in the wrong forum.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If Crist runs as an independent,the democrat will win the election.Crist will be finnished in the republican party PERIOD!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
If Crist runs as an independent,the democrat will win the election.Crist will be finnished in the republican party PERIOD!!!

Im not so sure.  Christ is not popular and will split the dem vote as Rubio seems to really be gaining popularity. 

all Rubio has to do is show Christs' hugging obama and his idiocy on the Stim Bill snd say - those two are for this chaos, I am the only one against it.  If he can get 45-47 percent Rubio can win. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
In the FL primary, Crist would win at this point.  The moderates and independents like him and he has the school system in his pocket now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
In the FL primary, Crist would win at this point.  The moderates and independents like him and he has the school system in his pocket now.

Unless Floriduh has open primaries, it wont matter since they cant vote in the primary.  Additionally, "moderates" never vote in the primaries. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Unless Floriduh has open primaries, it wont matter since they cant vote in the primary.  Additionally, "moderates" never vote in the primaries. 

People will change party registration to back the lesser of the two evils. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
People will change party registration to back the lesser of the two evils. 

Right, the same yentas and fools who couldnt even fill out a paper ballot correctly and going to do that.   ::)  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
teachers all over the state are now praying Crist runs just so they can elect the "PRO TEACHER" candidate who can actually win.

His veto of senate bill 6 was HUGE.  hardball accused him of making a side deal with the FL teachers union to stop the bill in exchange for their backing.  They always vote the dem - but something like this could give crist a lot of votes in a close election.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
teachers all over the state are now praying Crist runs just so they can elect the "PRO TEACHER" candidate who can actually win.

His veto of senate bill 6 was HUGE.  hardball accused him of making a side deal with the FL teachers union to stop the bill in exchange for their backing.  They always vote the dem - but something like this could give crist a lot of votes in a close election.

Those people would vote dem anyway.  Its sort of like getting the black vote or jew vote. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Those people would vote dem anyway.  Its sort of like getting the black vote or jew vote. 

You don't have the first clue.  Just typical whining to contribute to anything.

"Hysterical"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I dunno... you should see the way the teachers are loving on the guy.  He saved every single teacher thousands of dollars... they weren't this energized about Obama or Gore.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
my wife is a teacher and i know a ton of teachers here.

They were SO SO worried about senate bill 6.  Marching in their schools and on the district building.  Heck, they all wore black for a week to protest it.  I've been teaching since 97 and I've never seen anything like this - they were very passionate and angry too.

They were clapping, crying, etc when Crist vetoed this thing.  They seriously thought they were going to lose tenure and 10,000 a year in pay.  Crist stopped it.  At the moment, the guy is walking on water.

And everyone knows the dem candidate is gonna lose lol...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Again,if there are three candidates in the race,the republicans will split their vote and dems will back dems and dems will win the race.Crist wil then be DESPISED by every republican in the country and will either have to become a democrat or have no political future.If he runs and a dem wins he will be to blame for it and will be the biggest villian in the republican party since Perot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
yeah, but what if Crist WINS?

That's the title of this thread.  What happens if he wins, not 'will he win'?

If he wins, he's the top RINO for the 2012 nomination.  And FOX sure loves them some RINOs.  ;)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yeah, but what if Crist WINS?

That's the title of this thread.  What happens if he wins, not 'will he win'?

If he wins, he's the top RINO for the 2012 nomination.  And FOX sure loves them some RINOs.  ;)

Yes,if he wins he can pretty much do what he wants and hold the republicans up for what he wants just like Lieberman.Its a pretty big wager for him,its either win or your finnished.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yes,if he wins he can pretty much do what he wants and hold the republicans up for what he wants just like Lieberman.Its a pretty big wager for him,its either win or your finnished.

Crist is a perfect example of the turds that need to be flushed down the toilet known as our political system.  Right now we are too clogged up with these shitheads. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
yeah, but he knows enough about the world that he'll make better $ as a consultant.

Or, the repub candidate for prez (hopefully a hard right candidate) might choose him to balance ticket and win national teacher vote ;)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ron Paul was on Imus this morning.He is one of VERY VERY few politicians who say "this is what I believe and thats it".The rest measure every word,every action,every vote,disgusting really.Ever look at Pauls voting record it looks like this.
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
Its amazing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Palin is a RINO.  It's that simple.  She gets the tea part erect, along with bachman, so they get speaking over guys like Barbour and Tancredo who really SHOULD be the 2012 candidates.

If you'd rather have a looker that will get absolutely creamed in the general election, fine.

If you want to stop thinking with your dicks for 5 minutes, and be smart, you might actually beat obama.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Palin is a RINO.  It's that simple.  She gets the tea part erect, along with bachman, so they get speaking over guys like Barbour and Tancredo who really SHOULD be the 2012 candidates.

If you'd rather have a looker that will get absolutely creamed in the general election, fine.

If you want to stop thinking with your dicks for 5 minutes, and be smart, you might actually beat obama.

Not if we nimoniate a lin like Crist who is the most anti-tea party republican in the country which is why he is behind Rubio by twenty points.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Q: if the majority of repubs are conserve and not libs... why would yall ever pick a RINO?

A: Cause FOX willl tell you to ;)