Author Topic: If Charlie Crist runs as an independent- and wins the Senator Job- what happens?  (Read 5049 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I think at that point, he is primed to be the PERFECT 2012 candidate for president.

let's face it, you repubs tend to talk about how much you love freedoms and the constitution.  Then, when primary time rolls around, you put up three RINOs like Mccain, Romney, and Rudy (all with histories of liberal positions and actions).  When a true conservative like Ron paul arises, you let FOX shit on him, and obediently nod your head when they say "he's just not viable!"  

Your 2012 frontrunners?  Lib Romney.  Lib Palin (sorry, she supports amnesty, capping emissions, and the bailout, and says Romney and Steele are just peachy!)  Lib Scott Brown?  They're all the big "viable" names, right?  ;)  Ignore guys like Thune and barbour - FOX gives them a fraction of the time they give the RINOs, let's admit it.  We saw it in 2008 when they ust gave all the airtime to the RINOs.  Guys like Tancerdo and Thompson - ignored.

So anyway, back to my point... if Crist runs as an independent, then he'll be a lt gov, gov, and senator... very well spoken, coming from a key state and owning a history of moderate positions and working across the aisle.  People on the left like him and would vote anti-obama at him.  Repubs will vote in the RINO that Hannity tells them he likes best, let's be honest.

If Crist runs in Nov 2010 and wins the Senate job, I say he could win that 2012 nod and beat Obama.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
If he cannot win a local Republican primary there is no way he can win the Republican nomination for president.  And he will not be able to run and win as an independent.  Doesn't have the money or appeal to run and win a 50 state campaign.  Completely unrealistic. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ummm,Crist is the most liberal of all republicans out there.He would have voted for the stimulus.That alone disqualifies him from ever winning the republican nomination.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
McCain won the primary and the nomination.

What makes you think Crist couldn't?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Because he is going to lose the primary in his state.Again,once you say,as a republican,that you would have voted for the stimulus,your dead as a republican.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Because he is going to lose the primary in his state.Again,once you say,as a republican,that you would have voted for the stimulus,your dead as a republican.

He may not.

Apparently word in the wind is that Rubio has some shady things in the past funding departments and such.

Factor in that Crist just single handedly put every teacher in the state in his pocket.

Plus the moderates and independents who are repulsed by the tea party weirdos.

At this point, he has a legitimate shot.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He may not.

Apparently word in the wind is that Rubio has some shady things in the past funding departments and such.

Factor in that Crist just single handedly put every teacher in the state in his pocket.

Plus the moderates and independents who are repulsed by the tea party weirdos.

At this point, he has a legitimate shot.

We will see.He gets his brains bashed in everytime they debate.I actually feel sorry for him.He comes across as a bumbling doofus.

By the way,the last poll I saw say over 60% of Americans are closer to tea parties beliefs then Obamas.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
He said he would not run as an independent, but at this point I see no downsides to him doing so.  Doesn't he have to decide by the end of this month?

Polls have him definitively losing to Rubio head to head, but the three-way race against Rubio and Meek, with Crist as an independent have him winning.  So why not do it?  I see him being an effective Senator, but I don’t see a presidency in his future.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

The question was whether he could win the presidency as an independent.  He can't. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
The question was whether he could win the presidency as an independent.  He can't. 

My reply was to :

If he cannot win a local Republican primary there is no way he can win the Republican nomination for president.   

Where I plainly stated why he had a chance at winning a local primary.  Did you not understand that part?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
My reply was to :

Where I plainly stated why he had a chance at winning a local primary.  Did you not understand that part?

Yes, but your comments are out of context.  240's hypothetical involved Crist running as an independent.  

The only way Crist has a shot to be president is the conventional winning of his party's primary.  I really have no idea whether he can win the Republican primary in Florida, but like I said that wasn't the issue.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
My reply was not in reference to 240s.  It was to yours.  You said Republican primary.  I followed up with a concise reply in regards to why he could win a Republican primary. 

You have difficulties following a basic conservation, no?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
My reply was not in reference to 240s.  It was to yours.  You said Republican primary.  I followed up with a concise reply in regards to why he could win a Republican primary. 

You have difficulties following a basic conservation, no?

Hahaha!  See my last post.   :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
HAHA  See the first 8 words in your first post.

Again, you struggle to follow basic conservation?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
HAHA  See the first 8 words in your first post.

Again, you struggle to follow basic conservation?

Funny.   :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
What's funny is watching you try to argue with yourself.

Although "funny" is actually quite sad.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
What's funny is watching you try to argue with yourself.

Although "funny" is actually quite sad.

:)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
No, I meant if Crist ran as an independent - then got the repub nomination.

As a senator, he would be a repub and vote with them as well.

"Ummm,Crist is the most liberal of all republicans out there.He would have voted for the stimulus.That alone disqualifies him from ever winning the republican nomination."

Yeah, sorry but FOX will tell its viewers that the 3 RINOs onstage are the only "viable" candidates.  You'll have the libs Palin, Romney and Crist getting all the airtime while common sense people like barbour, Tancredo and RPaul will be ignored.

And every one of you repubs will pick a RINO in 2012, just like you did last time.  333386, you voted Romney over the other guys - and he's a pissy little lib at heart.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
No, I meant if Crist ran as an independent - then got the repub nomination.

As a senator, he would be a repub and vote with them as well.

"Ummm,Crist is the most liberal of all republicans out there.He would have voted for the stimulus.That alone disqualifies him from ever winning the republican nomination."

Yeah, sorry but FOX will tell its viewers that the 3 RINOs onstage are the only "viable" candidates.  You'll have the libs Palin, Romney and Crist getting all the airtime while common sense people like barbour, Tancredo and RPaul will be ignored.

And every one of you repubs will pick a RINO in 2012, just like you did last time.  333386, you voted Romney over the other guys - and he's a pissy little lib at heart.

I voted for romney in the 2008 Primary, but will not do so again.  Seeing the effect of Romney Care is a bridge too far for me. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
whoever it is you choose.... FOX will tell you that the RINOs are the only viable candidates.

and many people will buy it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
whoever it is you choose.... FOX will tell you that the RINOs are the only viable candidates.

and many people will buy it.

Hell no.  i dont watch TV.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
whatever the influence - you are a very politically wise man.

You chose Romney over Ron Paul.  You knew Rom's history in Mass, and you voted over a true tea party guy like Paul, not to mention Tancredo.

Ron Paul would be president right now if you and 20 mil repubs like you had voted for the person that matched your beliefs - and not the lib-ish guys like Rudy and Romney and Mccain.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
whatever the influence - you are a very politically wise man.

You chose Romney over Ron Paul.  You knew Rom's history in Mass, and you voted over a true tea party guy like Paul, not to mention Tancredo.

Ron Paul would be president right now if you and 20 mil repubs like you had voted for the person that matched your beliefs - and not the lib-ish guys like Rudy and Romney and Mccain.

GMAFB. 

No GOP candidate was going to beat Obama in 2008.