Author Topic: Gergard vs. King Mo (spoiler)  (Read 4528 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Gergard vs. King Mo (spoiler)
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
So King Mo proved tonight he belongs in the top 10 at LHW, it wasn't pretty but his wrestling (he's one of the most highly decorated freestyle wreslters currently in MMA) is sick and he ended Gergards 16 fight win streak.  I said it before and I 'll say it again, his wrestling is that good and he's a champion now with a win over a solid top 10 fighter.  I stand by my claim that he would be a contender in the UFC, especially with a few more solid wins and more time to improve. (I wonder how many people are gonna turn there backs on Gergard and call him overrated n all that shit).   
Predictions
 40/61

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Gergard vs. King Mo (spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
Agreed 110%.

Moussasi isn't overrated, he just had a poor gameplan and obviously didn't practice his takedown defense enough. The fight stats at the end painted a very different picture than what actually transpired. If you based the judging solely on that criteria, you would have thought Moussasi dominated from start to finish. Even at the fights conclusion, Mo's eye was closed, his face was puffy and Moussasi barely looked like he had gotten into a fight. He underestimated Mo's conditioning (which was stupid on his part) and overestimated his ability to mount any significant offense from his back.

As I alluded to in another thread, I think that now more than ever great wrestling ability is pretty much a foregone conclusion to MMA stardom.

Moussasi will come back and I think a rematch wont be far away. Mo is a great wrestler and tough as nails, but he is very one dimensional. I think in a rematch, Moussasi could or should win.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:06 PM »
king mo great heart tonight his future is bright....
DAWG

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »
king mo great heart tonight his future is bright....

I was really impressed with his heart actually. At one point he looked so fatigued, I told my wife you usually don't "come back" from that point of fatigue (he's in great conditioning..his opponents weak aggression helped as well).

He pushed through it though and actually picked it up and pushed his opponent past his breaking point in fatigue and kept him there.

I was impressed.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »
I was really impressed with his heart actually. At one point he looked so fatigued, I told my wife you usually don't "come back" from that point of fatigue (he's in great conditioning..his opponents weak aggression helped as well).

He pushed through it though and actually picked it up and pushed his opponent past his breaking point in fatigue and kept him there.

I was impressed.

same here...after the second rd I thought he was gassed to the point of no return...but he dug deep to a place most fighter don't have and fought a hell of a fight...

when he gets more experience and becomes well rounded watch out...He is young and has a high ceiling for improvement....
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
So King Mo proved tonight he belongs in the top 10 at LHW, it wasn't pretty but his wrestling (he's one of the most highly decorated freestyle wreslters currently in MMA) is sick and he ended Gergards 16 fight win streak.  I said it before and I 'll say it again, his wrestling is that good and he's a champion now with a win over a solid top 10 fighter.  I stand by my claim that he would be a contender in the UFC, especially with a few more solid wins and more time to improve. (I wonder how many people are gonna turn there backs on Gergard and call him overrated n all that shit).   

King Mo looked good, but still some big holes in his game. Cardio seemed to be lacking and definitely needs more time to develop his 'mma' game. I thing he has potential. Reminds me of a young Rashad. Not hating at all...but he is not even close to being a UFC contender. Really don't think that currently he belongs in the top 10, but a few more victories over bigger names like Mousasi and he will deserve the ranking.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 11:21:03 AM »
King Mo looked good, but still some big holes in his game. Cardio seemed to be lacking and definitely needs more time to develop his 'mma' game. I thing he has potential. Reminds me of a young Rashad. Not hating at all...but he is not even close to being a UFC contender. Really don't think that currently he belongs in the top 10, but a few more victories over bigger names like Mousasi and he will deserve the ranking.

haha...sorry but he could step in today and beat 75% of the 205lbs UFC fighters....give him 2 more years and that will jump to 95%...
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 12:24:55 PM »
haha...sorry but he could step in today and beat 75% of the 205lbs UFC fighters....give him 2 more years and that will jump to 95%...

Really would be surprised if King ever makes it to the UFC. He has skills, but with his antics that he sometimes uses, it makes it really hard to find a place for him. He needs to be more well rounded, plain and simple.

Regardless, he is not in the UFC. So impossible to say how he would do.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 01:30:19 PM »
Really would be surprised if King ever makes it to the UFC. He has skills, but with his antics that he sometimes uses, it makes it really hard to find a place for him.

ha ha yea unlike the poster boy Dana white lap dogs guys like king mo and nick diaz are not comformists they are who they are....however if what you are talking about was actually the case then guys like rampage and Tito Ortiz would have been out of the UFC long ago...
DAWG

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »
ha ha yea unlike the poster boy Dana white lap dogs guys like king mo and nick diaz are not comformists they are who they are....however if what you are talking about was actually the case then guys like rampage and Tito Ortiz would have been out of the UFC long ago...

I agree, Rampage can get trashed and then go for a drive and kill a baby, then run from the police, but there is no place in the UFC for guys like King Mo.  He'll be there one day, him and Page hate each other.  There is a video of them talking shit to each other in a van.  King Mo is outspoken and a showman, plus he's got actual skill and he shows improvement in every fight.  He really hasn't done anything that bad, other than show he has a personality. 
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 07:01:03 AM »
I agree, Rampage can get trashed and then go for a drive and kill a baby, then run from the police, but there is no place in the UFC for guys like King Mo.  He'll be there one day, him and Page hate each other.  There is a video of them talking shit to each other in a van.  King Mo is outspoken and a showman, plus he's got actual skill and he shows improvement in every fight.  He really hasn't done anything that bad, other than show he has a personality. 

If Rampage killed a baby why was he never charged? What do you mean on Rampage being 'trashed'?

Tito and Rampage are part of the History of the sport. They have done a lot for the sport of MMA. They had there MMA 'personalities' way before MMA became mainstream.

Even Kimbo cleaned up his attitude to make it into the UFC. There is no room for any more 'bad attitudes' in a credible org.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 09:34:34 AM »
You really don't know about the Rampage incident? Tell us again how you've been watching MMA for years.  ::)

There are plenty of guys with terrible attitudes in the UFC. The two poster boys for the UFC, Silva and Lesnar, consistently make the UFC look bad with their post-fight antics.

haha no doubt rampage has a mental break down slams his truck into a car killing an unborn baby but theres no room for bad attitudes in the UFC oh brother..
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 09:42:43 AM »
The fact that he doesn't even know about it shows that he's ridiculous new to MMA. That shit was everywhere for a while. It was impossible to miss.

But I guess having a mental break down, being hopped up on drugs and killing an unborn child with your truck is OK in his book.  ::)

haha yea tito and rampage are part of MMA history so they get a pass...Tito can yell derogatory things at Coleman (an MMA legend)after his final UFC bout...but theres no room for bad attitudes...

Lesner & silva can walk around with a god complex acting like there god's gift to the world but theres no room for bad attitudes....oh brother  ::)
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »
You really don't know about the Rampage incident? Tell us again how you've been watching MMA for years.  ::)

There are plenty of guys with terrible attitudes in the UFC. The two poster boys for the UFC, Silva and Lesnar, consistently make the UFC look bad with their post-fight antics.

Rampage was NEVER charged in killing that womans baby. He was never charged with DUI either,

Please stop making shit up.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
haha yea tito and rampage are part of MMA history so they get a pass...Tito can yell derogatory things at Coleman (an MMA legend)after his final UFC bout...but theres no room for bad attitudes...

Lesner & silva can walk around with a god complex acting like there god's gift to the world but theres no room for bad attitudes....oh brother  ::)

King Mo will never be in the UFC. All he has shown is that he is another blanket wrestler that needs to learn stand up.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »
Rampage was NEVER charged in killing that womans baby. He was never charged with DUI either,

Please stop making shit up.

He was only filmed running from cops then being taken down at gun point in a video that was posted all over the internet for the world to see, and the woman who lost her baby filed a lawsuit that was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.  How is King Mo and his personality worse than this?
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »
King Mo will never be in the UFC. All he has shown is that he is another blanket wrestler that needs to learn stand up.

They don't have any of those in the UFC  ::)
Predictions
 40/61

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 11:01:36 AM »
He was only filmed running from cops then being taken down at gun point in a video that was posted all over the internet for the world to see, and the woman who lost her baby filed a lawsuit that was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.  How is King Mo and his personality worse that this?

there's really no point bro...I'm pretty convinced logic and reason are not his best friend...
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »
He was only filmed running from cops then being taken down at gun point in a video that was posted all over the internet for the world to see, and the woman who lost her baby filed a lawsuit that was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.  How is King Mo and his personality worse than this?

Please tell me....Rampage was not convicted of any crime related to DUI or killing the woman's baby. He was convicted of evading police.

You do know that settling does not admit guilt right? Sometimes it is cheaper to settle then to fight charges. Even if innocent.

Again...Rampage has talent besides gassing in the 1st round and being a blanket the rest of the fight. Rampage sells seats. Rampage has a HUGE fan base.

Don't get me wrong though. When I say Mo doesn't have a place, I mean with all things considered. If King Mo could sell half the tickets/PPV's that Rampage does, the UFC would find a place for him. Get it?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »
They don't have any of those in the UFC  ::)

Exactly my point. Blankets are a dime a dozen. Big mouths are as well. This equals no room.
You are finally starting to understand.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
Please tell me....Rampage was not convicted of any crime related to DUI or killing the woman's baby. He was convicted of evading police.

You do know that settling does not admit guilt right? Sometimes it is cheaper to settle then to fight charges. Even if innocent.

Again...Rampage has talent besides gassing in the 1st round and being a blanket the rest of the fight. Rampage sells seats. Rampage has a HUGE fan base.

Don't get me wrong though. When I say Mo doesn't have a place, I mean with all things considered. If King Mo could sell half the tickets/PPV's that Rampage does, the UFC would find a place for him. Get it?

Rampage was charged with Felony hit and run and evading arrest, in addition to being successfully sued for causing the death of an unborn baby, in addition to being caught on camera by TMZ in the police chase then ordered to the ground at gunpoint by police on a busy freeway in broad daylight.  Mo beat a legit top 10 fighter, don't tell me your going to start discrediting Gergard for losing?  What makes you think Rampage would have done any better against Gergard?  Gergard probably has a better chance of beating Quinton that he did MO.  Your blind nutthugging knows no bounds ::)
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
Exactly my point. Blankets are a dime a dozen. Big mouths are as well. This equals no room.
You are finally starting to understand.

You make it seem like Mo has no other abilities whatsoever, he actually has some hands.  We just didn't really see them that much because Gergard is a world class kickboxer and decorated amatuer boxer.  Mo actually did start landing on Gergard as the fight progressed.  If anything Jake Shields is 10 times worse, Jake has been fighting for a long time and still has no stand up at all.  Even on the ground with full mound he is pillow fisted.  Just admit you want to let Dana teabag you and get it over with ;)
Predictions
 40/61

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »
Rampage was charged with Felony hit and run and evading arrest, in addition to being successfully sued for causing the death of an unborn baby, in addition to being caught on camera by TMZ in the police chase then ordered to the ground at gunpoint by police on a busy freeway in broad daylight.  Mo beat a legit top 10 fighter, don't tell me your going to start discrediting Gergard for losing?  What makes you think Rampage would have done any better against Gergard?  Gergard probably has a better chance of beating Quinton that he did MO.  Your blind nutthugging knows no bounds ::)

LOL just because he settled dont mean he caused that babys death ::)...hahaha

yea your dead on Rampage is a lazy chain smoker(I still like him over Page though)but I could see MO comin to the UFC and handling Rampage...ha ha then they would be on Mo's nuts since he would then be a UFC fighter and magically become credible in the nut huggers eyes...ha ha like I said man why even bother....
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »
Rampage was charged with Felony hit and run and evading arrest, in addition to being successfully sued for causing the death of an unborn baby, in addition to being caught on camera by TMZ in the police chase then ordered to the ground at gunpoint by police on a busy freeway in broad daylight.  Mo beat a legit top 10 fighter, don't tell me your going to start discrediting Gergard for losing?  What makes you think Rampage would have done any better against Gergard?  Gergard probably has a better chance of beating Quinton that he did MO.  Your blind nutthugging knows no bounds ::)

Rampage was not convicted of what you stated. Get it right.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jackson-Pleads-Guilty-to-Felony-Misdemeanor-15717

UFC star Quinton “Rampage” Jackson pleaded guilty on Thursday to reduced charges of one felony count of evading a peace officer and driving against traffic and one misdemeanor count of driving recklessly at the Central Justice Center in Santa Ana, Calif. Jackson was arrested on July 15 for a much publicized vehicular chase with authorities through the streets and sidewalks of Costa Mesa and Newport Beach, Calif.

Rampage was not successfully sued either. Please post your source and stop posting BS like BF.

King Mo is not CURRENTLY in the UFC. Really doesn't matter how anyone thinks he will do in the UFC.
He has a bunch of sub-par talent to fight before he gets anywhere near the big leagues.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
LOL just because he settled dont mean he caused that babys death ::)...hahaha

yea your dead on Rampage is a lazy chain smoker(I still like him over Page though)but I could see MO comin to the UFC and handling Rampage...ha ha then they would be on Mo's nuts since he would then be a UFC fighter and magically become credible in the nut huggers eyes...ha ha like I said man why even bother....

You would think if Rampage caused the baby's death he would have been convicted of manslaughter right?
Do you even understand the legal system?

Most commonly when a guy gets signed with the UFC, he is a legit fighter. So yes, if Mo earned a shot and was competitive after a few fights in the UFC, I would change my opinion a bit.

But reality is, he is NOT in the UFC. There is a reason.