Author Topic: Strikeforce was a complete disaster...  (Read 6466 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Strikeforce was a complete disaster...
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »
Three championship fights and all go to boring decisions.  They overpay for Henderson and he gets beat by Shields, who is now a free agent and will likely go to the UFC.  Their poster boy, Mousasi got dethroned in a lay & pray snoozefest.  Gilbert upset Aoki but then puts the entire MMA community to shame by starting a post fight brawl.

What a freaking mess.   I wonder if they make it to the end of the year...
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Strikeforce was a complete disaster...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:03 AM »
The Aoki fight was unwatchable. The Mo, Moussasi fight was so so and the Shields Hendo fight was pretty good for 3 rounds.

For a free event, it was decent and I will certainly be tuning in to watch Overeem v. Rogers and Arlovski v. Silva.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »
The fights were ok, but at least they didn't charge $45.00 like the UFC did a little over a week ago for 2 championship fights that were just as boring. 
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
I actually enjoyed the Shields fight.  I thought he would get smoked and was glad to see the upset.  Can't wait to see him in the UFC!
w

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
I recorded it and forgot to set it for extra time, so didn't see Henderson and Shields, but the other two fights were kind of boring. Even with Kimbo, i.e. casual fans watching, this didn't work, not sure why they are trying it again.
E

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »
Three championship fights and all go to boring decisions.  They overpay for Henderson and he gets beat by Shields, who is now a free agent and will likely go to the UFC.  Their poster boy, Mousasi got dethroned in a lay & pray snoozefest.  Gilbert upset Aoki but then puts the entire MMA community to shame by starting a post fight brawl.

What a freaking mess.   I wonder if they make it to the end of the year...

I heard about the Jake Shields brawl....you sure there was one after the Gilbert fight?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »
I heard about the Jake Shields brawl....you sure there was one after the Gilbert fight?

Gilbert is the one that started the pushing after the Shields fight.
w

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »
I thought the whole card was very boring.  I was flipping to HBO boxing and also Spike TV repeat of their last ppv.  All three fights were lame.  Hendo looked tired and injured.  Jake Shields should have crushed him but he fought like a pussy.  He'll get fucking killed in the UFC.  Bad card.  Very boring.  I agree, total failure.  Even as a free card, it sucked.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 06:53:43 AM »

Not only were the Strikeforce fights on Saturday boring, the whole production was mediocre at best. You had horrible commentary, and an overall very unprofessional product.

There was really no excuse for the 'brawl' at the end. Plus you get the extra comments like too much testosterone etc from the commentary.

Just all around a bad day for MMA.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 08:24:21 AM »

Apples and Oranges comparing these two orgs. The UFC puts on SEVERAL shows a month. Not every show is going to be the best ever. Strikeforce puts on one show every 4+ months and this is what we get? Although Silva acted like a fool, he did not do anything CRIMINALLY wrong. He broke no rules of conduct or laws. Can't say the same for the Strikeforce brawl can you? Assault charges are in the works for several guys.

The UFC would have never allowed Mayhem in the ring. They are prepared for this type of thing.

Bottom line....Strikeforce screwed up big time with not only a poor quality card, but allowing the brawl at the end to happen. Especially on NETWORK TV.
Even worse is that the most memorable moment from the night will be the brawl at the end.

Strikeforce is done on network TV. They hurt MMA with that spectacle. Plain and simple.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »

We can debate about the quality of orgs and fights all day long.

What is fact is that Strikeforce allowed literal CRIMES to be committed IN THE CAGE Saturday night on NETWORK TV. That is embarrassing and disgraceful to the sport.

When has the UFC allowed a CRIME to be committed IN THE CAGE on Television?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 08:51:47 AM »

When in the UFC since White/Zuffa has owned it has a CRIME been committed in the cage or post fight on TV?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 08:53:40 AM »

Prove me wrong :o

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:36 AM »

What's the matter can't answer my question? When in the UFC have you seen a brawl where a crime was committed since zuffa has owned it?

MMA is much different then any of the sports you mentioned. All the sports you mentioned have been on Network TV for years.

MMA is a NEW sport to Network TV. Quit trying to compare the two. Strikeforce F'd up big time Sat. night.

Please answer my question. :o

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:28 AM »

LOL....Can't answer my question can you? :o

Do you have to be reported and have MS bitch slap you again :o

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:09 AM »
i go out to a bar and catch the PPV.  I'm out $20, get food no clean up.  I make out on the deal lol.  I won't pay to watch cards.  I haven't bought a PPV in a long time.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 10:33:51 AM »

So still can't answer my original question huh?

You stated earlier that you could prove that what happened in the cage Saturday night, has happened in the UFC since Zuffa has owned it?

I do not report shit....I never said I would. I was being sarcastic.

You do have a habit of making stuff up. :o

This is just too easy sometimes.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »

What's the matter can't answer my question? When in the UFC have you seen a brawl where a crime was committed since zuffa has owned it?

UFC 45 Tank Abbott and his camp vs. Cabbage Correria and his camp after there fight was stopped due to a cut.  There was a brawl that involved  both parties and Chuck Liddell somehow ended up in the mix trying to break it up.  There were bottles, shoves, and some punches thrown.  All that you need to warrant an actual crime is something as little as being spit on (simple battery).
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »

He was probably still watching Barney when this brawl happened, it's no suprise he missed it.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
UFC 45 Tank Abbott and his camp vs. Cabbage Correria and his camp after there fight was stopped due to a cut.  There was a brawl that involved  both parties and Chuck Liddell somehow ended up in the mix trying to break it up.  There were bottles, shoves, and some punches thrown.  All that you need to warrant an actual crime is something as little as being spit on (simple battery).

Thanks for attempting to answer, but apparently you didn't understand my original question or misunderstood. I was talking to BF but since you wanted to chime in I will school you too. Please read the entire thread before trying to prove me wrong. I didn't ask about PPV did I? I asked about TV.

The fight you mentioned was on PPV. Huge difference. This was FREE Television on Saturday night. Again, Apples and Oranges.

Why is it the UFC can put on more FREE shows then Strikeforce, and never once have they had this problem?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »

He was probably still watching Barney when this brawl happened, it's no suprise he missed it.

Are trying to defend Strikeforce? Do you think these types of post event assaults/fights are good for the growth of the sport?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »

I can assure you that I did not report you. I actually enjoy the debates on here....passes time at work. This board is dead a lot of the time. I would not discourage ANY type of debate.

Moving forward....The UFC has put on over 20+ Free shows over the years without a hitch.
Why can't Strikeforce pull of at least half that without a hitch?
You just owned yourself pretty bad with that statement there.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »

You stated the UFC doesn't put on many free shows as the reason they don't have brawls like Stirkeforce did? Please explain that statement?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »

Thanks for attempting to answer, but apparently you didn't understand my original question or misunderstood.

When in the UFC have you seen a brawl where a crime was committed since zuffa has owned it?

This was your question word for word, I answered it.  Quit trying to weasel your way out of being proved wrong ball hugging TUF newb.  Zuffa owned the UFC at that time, which was the only specific listed in that question. 
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
When in the UFC have you seen a brawl where a crime was committed since zuffa has owned it?

This was your question word for word, I answered it.  Quit trying to weasel your way out of being proved wrong ball hugging TUF newb.  Zuffa owned the UFC at that time, which was the only specific listed in that question.  

Reference my original conversation with BF. Please, pick your own battles to avoid looking like a chump.
I originally stated Television in my conversation if you read the thread. Nice try.

Regardless, Strikeforce dug their own grave Saturday night. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
Argue all you want. Comparing Strikeforce to the UFC is laughable. Keep fighting it though. You can be an 'OG' in the MMA world if you want to be. UFC runs MMA...plain and simple.