Author Topic: Professional Fitness in your Gym??  (Read 1112 times)

newmom

Professional Fitness in your Gym??
« on: April 20, 2010, 02:14:18 AM »
I had to post this, well not had to but you know what I mean.

The gym I go to has hired an outside company for personal trainers. I was quite surprised to see this, the only time I have heard of this company was when I lived in NYC, used to or still operate out of dolphin fitness on the lower east side.

One day when going in I see all the hoopla that they were now at the gym. Me and my workout partner had just finished and were approached by one of the owners of professional fitness. Big dude (not a bber but you can tell he worked out). My girl was asking him questions. Low and behold we got onto yapping about nyc and stuff. I said please forgive me if I come across as a bitch but you will understand I'm brutally honest and you know where I'm coming from. I said please tell me your gonna have trainers that at least like they workout, not saying big dudes or jacked dudes but still. No answer.

So here I am on Friday last week. On the stairclimber, have 40 min into the stairclimber and this 60llb at least overweight kid comes up to me. Starts yapping (I have my ipod on). So i take the earplugs out and said can I help you. He goes wanted to introduce myself, Im so and so, do you do just cardio. I said Im gonna stop you right there. I'm good in the training dept. He then proceeds to yap for another 30 minutes to some dude on the bike.
Im all about trying to get clients but DAMN not in the middle of working out. So last night the GM of this location for professional fitness was there. I walked up to him (he thinks I dont like him cuz he is a pushy salesman, he is right he is pushy and he also doesnt look like he lifts a fucking thing) I said do yourself a favor, if you hire people at least they should look like they workout and NOT approach people working out. He goes you mean so and so..I said him and the others you have. I said take a look, you have 4 trainers standing there, 2 are tooooo skinny for shit and look 12. The others are just average which is better than being overweight. I said if I hired a trainer it would be so and so, she has been at the gym for like 20 years..Amazing shape on this 50 year old woman. I said she is the only one that looks like she works out. I see her in the am doing her workouts.

Just curious if anyone has this franchise around in their gym or am I just a bitch (well I am)

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Professional Fitness in your Gym??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »
Its simply a matter of "do as I say, not as I do".  I'm not defending personal trainers b/c I truly believe they are a waste of space, especially those which have their clients doing very non-traditional exercizes only to give them the impression they know what they're talking about.  But, I can easily see an overweight, out of shape trainer knowing his shit, but just being too lazy to implement it in his own life.  Its like doctors who are overweight and/or smoke.  They know the dangers, but are too lazy to do anything about it.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:00:44 AM »

The gym I go to has hired an outside company for personal trainers. I was quite surprised to see this, the only time I have heard of this company was when I lived in NYC, used to or still operate out of dolphin fitness on the lower east side.

One day when going in I see all the hoopla that they were now at the gym. Me and my workout partner had just finished and were approached by one of the owners of professional fitness. Big dude (not a bber but you can tell he worked out). My girl was asking him questions. Low and behold we got onto yapping about nyc and stuff. I said please forgive me if I come across as a bitch but you will understand I'm brutally honest and you know where I'm coming from. I said please tell me your gonna have trainers that at least like they workout, not saying big dudes or jacked dudes but still. No answer.

So here I am on Friday last week. On the stairclimber, have 40 min into the stairclimber and this 60llb at least overweight kid comes up to me. Starts yapping (I have my ipod on). So i take the earplugs out and said can I help you. He goes wanted to introduce myself, Im so and so, do you do just cardio. I said Im gonna stop you right there. I'm good in the training dept. He then proceeds to yap for another 30 minutes to some dude on the bike.
Im all about trying to get clients but DAMN not in the middle of working out. So last night the GM of this location for professional fitness was there. I walked up to him (he thinks I dont like him cuz he is a pushy salesman, he is right he is pushy and he also doesnt look like he lifts a fucking thing) I said do yourself a favor, if you hire people at least they should look like they workout and NOT approach people working out. He goes you mean so and so..I said him and the others you have. I said take a look, you have 4 trainers standing there, 2 are tooooo skinny for shit and look 12. The others are just average which is better than being overweight. I said if I hired a trainer it would be so and so, she has been at the gym for like 20 years..Amazing shape on this 50 year old woman. I said she is the only one that looks like she works out. I see her in the am doing her workouts.

Just curious if anyone has this franchise around in their gym or am I just a bitch (well I am)

Hunting for young in shape boys again ??? ;D

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:26:09 AM »
that's what happens when you train in a fitness center, instead of a real gym.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 06:31:33 AM »

While you are a superficial bitch, you're also 100% correct about being interrupted during a workout.  If the 'trainers' were a bit more serious about working out - or even if they were still twinks, but had good manners - they would know that's something you just don't do, period.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 06:32:50 AM »

Personal Training is not what it used to be it has changed to pure business now. So they are like car salesmen and they have some stupid certification and many look like shit so there you go. Coach can explain this phenomenon further. I'll be there to train you today oh wait I cant fly due to volcano clouds, damn.

newmom

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »
Tre, superficial I would disagree with but bitch I would.

CalvinH..um nope, I wont, nor have dated anyone that goes to the same gym as I..dont shit where you eat..

Saople I belong to work out world, small chain

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 11:26:06 AM »
Tre, superficial I would disagree with but bitch I would.

CalvinH..um nope, I wont, nor have dated anyone that goes to the same gym as I..dont shit where you eat..

Saople I belong to work out world, small chain

Why is it that ugly woman have some sort of pride about being a bitch.  Like that makes them special.  Ohhh the world hates me but I'm a bitch so that makes it okay?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:27:44 AM »
Personal Training is not what it used to be it has changed to pure business now. So they are like car salesmen and they have some stupid certification and many look like shit so there you go. Coach can explain this phenomenon further. I'll be there to train you today oh wait I cant fly due to volcano clouds, damn.

100% FACT!

newmom

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »
Why is it that ugly woman have some sort of pride about being a bitch.  Like that makes them special.  Ohhh the world hates me but I'm a bitch so that makes it okay?

Its not pride its reality