Author Topic: Canadians accused of U.S. flag desecration  (Read 2018 times)

Skeeter

Canadians accused of U.S. flag desecration
« on: April 20, 2010, 04:55:24 AM »
Last Updated: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 | 7:12 AM ET Comments21Recommend11
CBC News

Two Canadian men may face charges of flag desecration and vandalism in California over a controversial display of Olympic pride.

Police in La Quinta say the men are accused of taking down the American banner and replacing it with a Canadian flag after Canada beat the U.S. in the men's gold-medal hockey match at the Vancouver Olympics.

The U.S. flag had been on display on a mountain and was maintained by a private citizen in honour of victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. The flag was found damaged.

A complaint has been sent to the district attorney's office, police said. The men could face up to a year in jail if convicted.

Police identified the Canadians as Ryan Smith, 25, and Matt Siefert, 26. Both are said to be residents of the state.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/04/20/olympic-flag-hockey-us-desecration.html#socialcomments#ixzz0ldmIf3AG

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=post;board=51.0

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Canadians accused of U.S. flag desecration
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 08:18:10 AM »
Last Updated: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 | 7:12 AM ET Comments21Recommend11
CBC News

Two Canadian men may face charges of flag desecration and vandalism in California over a controversial display of Olympic pride.

Police in La Quinta say the men are accused of taking down the American banner and replacing it with a Canadian flag after Canada beat the U.S. in the men's gold-medal hockey match at the Vancouver Olympics.

The U.S. flag had been on display on a mountain and was maintained by a private citizen in honour of victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. The flag was found damaged.

A complaint has been sent to the district attorney's office, police said. The men could face up to a year in jail if convicted.

Police identified the Canadians as Ryan Smith, 25, and Matt Siefert, 26. Both are said to be residents of the state.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/04/20/olympic-flag-hockey-us-desecration.html#socialcomments#ixzz0ldmIf3AG

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=post;board=51.0

They ought to be arresting terrorists, pedophiles, and real criminals ...not bothering two hockey loving Canucks.  :-\
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »
I'm sorry u douchbags don;t take ur national flag seriously...we do. They were wrong, admit they're wrong and move on. U defend every anti-American action or person we post about.
L

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »
please don't think the actions of 2 assholes is how all canadians feel about your flag or the flags of other nations, most canadians are very patriotic and would think their actions are horrible as do i

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
please don't think the actions of 2 assholes is how all canadians feel about your flag or the flags of other nations, most canadians are very patriotic and would think their actions are horrible as do i

I actually like Candaians a lot.  Whenever I go to Hockey game I like their national anthem.  I'm not so sure the leftists do though since it references God.

Official Lyrics of O Canada!
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:58:59 AM »

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
I actually like Candaians a lot.  Whenever I go to Hockey game I like their national anthem.  I'm not so sure the leftists do though since it references God.

Official Lyrics of O Canada!
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

God keep our land glorious and free!O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

that's funny as the oilers are my favourite team

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »
That's truly a special moment.  As an American, othher than the Yankees in the World Series in 2001 (I was was there) I have never seen a crowd so into the whole national anthem thing. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »
That's truly a special moment.  As an American, othher than the Yankees in the World Series in 2001 (I was was there) I have never seen a crowd so into the whole national anthem thing. 

You should have seen Canucks this past Olympic games. Talk about patriotic jingoism.

There were spontaneous mass outburts of the national anthem all over the place.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 05:56:55 PM »
I'm sorry u douchbags don;t take ur national flag seriously...we do. They were wrong, admit they're wrong and move on. U defend every anti-American action or person we post about.

Calm the F down. it was a stupid juvenile prank, ...not a state invasion.
If in the process of pulling off their prank, they damaged the private property of a private citizen (the flag), ...then fine, they should be made to replace it, ...but spending 100 yrs in jail is pretty ridiculous. Let them replace the flag and be done with it. It's as ridiculous as people wanting to commit murder over a cartoon depiction.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
I love Canada....spent alot of time in Montreal. I even dated a Canuck..cute french accent and everything. Its jag/samson/whatever I can't stand.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »
I love Canada....spent alot of time in Montreal. I even dated a Canuck..cute french accent and everything. Its jag/samson/whatever I can't stand.

Jag & Samson are two separate, and distinct people.  You don't love me? ...{sniffle} I'm crushed.

I thought we had a special relationship... then you went and got married on me... what a betrayal.

Now to hear you can't stand me... will my poor heart ever recover?  I'm gonna go cry now.  :'(

ps: Of course you love Canada. Canada is awesome, ...and Canadian chicks RULE!!!   :D
w