Author Topic: FDA should regulate salt, panel says.  (Read 11377 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: FDA should regulate salt, panel says.
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:40 PM »
You will be ripped this summer for sure.  I am not convinced you have celiac disease as you clearly are able to eat gluten.  Do you exhibit any symptoms?  Its a rather rare disease that affects not even 1 percent, (less than a percent), of the population so the probability that you do have it is VERY small.

Why do you say I'm able to eat gluten?  I've only had gluten five or six times in the last couple years and every time I get terrible diarrhea and bloating, arthritis in my shoulder, and within two days my face becomes completely broken out around my mouth.  :o

Even the little bit of gluten in regular soy sauce causes it, within two or three days going back off gluten I'm completely normal again.

I decided not to mess with testing because I feel so much better off gluten.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:59 PM »
Again, I`ll put my diet`s nutritional content up against your approach any day of the week.  I am confident that mine will come out just as or more nutritious as well as being complete with all necessary minerals and vitamins.

Let`s do it.

Are you concerned about things like trans fats and aspartame?  I don't consume any aspartame.
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2010, 11:21:03 PM »
I`ll look the same as I do now, very lean, hopefully with a bit more muscle.  Trust me on it.  
countless people your age can say the same thing.  Yet those same people find out it doesn't quite work out the same when they get older.  Can you tell me why you're more special than everyone else?

Lets put it this way based on the diet you've posted here before, ie ice cream and junk food all day.

Group A: 20 to 30 years old on your diet.  Working out hard on a regular basis, many will look ok.

Group B: 30 to 40 years old on your diet.  Still working out hard, FACT many are going to start realizing there's a problem despite working out hard less will look good.

Group C: 40 to 50 years old on your diet.  Extremely difficult to look good no matter how hard they're working out and on your fucking diet, some will start dropping dead.

You're a clueless dipshit.  Remember this post when you get older and have a clue.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »
Are you concerned about things like trans fats and aspartame?  I don't consume any aspartame.
Aspartame has been unfairly demonized as well.  Take this from a purely Scientific Point of view instead of a Conspiracy Theorist one. (The Science and Evidence are totally against the Anti-Aspartame misleading hysteria.

Check this link from the American Cancer Society on Aspartame.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_1_3X_Aspartame.asp?sitearea=PED

And here is another from The National Cancer Institute.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/risk/aspartame

The verdict is in on Aspartame.  It is totally harmless.

A study of about half a million people, published in 2006, compared people who drank aspartame-containing beverages with those who did not. Results of the study showed that increasing levels of consumption were not associated with any risk of lymphomas, leukemias, or brain cancers in men or women. (Question 2)
Researchers examined the relationship between aspartame intake and 1,888 lymphomas or leukemias and 315 malignant brain cancers among the participants of the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study from 1995 until 2000. Development of these cancers was not associated with estimated aspartame consumption, refuting a recent animal study with positive findings for lymphomas and leukemias and also contradicting claims regarding brain cancer risk. (Questions 3 and 8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »
countless people your age can say the same thing.  Yet those same people find out it doesn't quite work out the same when they get older.  Can you tell me why you're more special than everyone else?

Lets put it this way based on the diet you've posted here before, ie ice cream and junk food all day.

Group A: 20 to 30 years old on your diet.  Working out hard on a regular basis, many will look ok.

Group B: 30 to 40 years old on your diet.  Still working out hard, FACT many are going to start realizing there's a problem despite working out hard less will look good.

Group C: 40 to 50 years old on your diet.  Extremely difficult to look good no matter how hard they're working out and on your fucking diet, some will start dropping dead.

You're a clueless dipshit.  Remember this post when you get older and have a clue.
I am in group A right now and I look better than ok, in fact the best I have ever looked, certainly better than you. :)

I already know people who eat like I do in Group B, some are on this very site, and are ripped (Wavelength being one of them in Group B) and look better than you. :)

I also know of 40 plus year olds with a similar diet that look better.

The point is, none of us are special and we all eat what we want, whatever that may be and we all are in well above average shape.

Everyone can do this, despite your Unscientific disbelief.  You choose to believe myth over Science and that is your error.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:41 PM »
I am not concerned whatsoever with Trans Fats.  Given that I ingest only around 2800-3000 calories a day and given my ever changing constant variety of foods, I hardly rack up significant amounts of Trans Fat at all.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »
clueless...  Let's see how that diet works out for you when your natural test levels start tanking.  And don't tell me you know better than me.  You don't know.  end of story.  The only way you're going to look good on your diet if you continue to 40 and beyond won't be natural.  Which is probably the case with some of the people you've mentioned and I doubt some of the people you've mentioned are as devoted to the shit you eat either.

I guess you probably think your test levels won't be decreasing either huh?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2010, 11:48:57 PM »
Oh and TA, if you're not getting a monthly check from McDonalds, you're even more of an idiot hahahhaa....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »
clueless...  Let's see how that diet works out for you when your natural test levels start tanking.  And don't tell me you know better than me.  You don't know.  end of story.  The only way you're going to look good on your diet if you continue to 40 and beyond won't be natural.  Which is probably the case with some of the people you've mentioned and I doubt some of the people you've mentioned are as devoted to the shit you eat either.

I bet you didn`t know that we grow a lot of our food.  I`ll have to post pictures of all of our crops Jezebelle has planted this year.

I can`t wait to have over 30 different varieties of Tomatoes to try on my Hamburgers!

In fact, I am willing to send you some seeds if you like, as I think it is custom to do so.  Jezebelle is all over the GardenWeb and is in a seed exchange program.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
Oh and TA, if you're not getting a monthly check from McDonalds, you're even more of an idiot hahahhaa....
I prefer to grill burgers myself, sometimes using a bit fattier meat and certainly bigger than McDonalds.  McDonalds uses 80/20 as their standard.

I also use a smoker box with wood Chips on Charcoal or sometimes grab some different types of wood outside.  McDonalds doesn`t smoke their hamburgers obviously.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »

Timberwolf, 5`10 175 Lbs, A LifeTime Natural in his 40s would disagree. 

I love this video of him.  8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2010, 12:07:06 AM »
Here is Wavelength who is in his Mid Thirties at about 150-160 at 5`10.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2010, 12:08:17 AM »
Here is one of me around 178 at 5`11.
 8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »
 ;) Timberwolf again.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2010, 12:26:16 AM »
TA, I'm going by the diet you bragged about a few years ago.  Which was pretty much ice cream and any junk food you could get your hands on.  I'm not saying saturated fat isn't good for you.  It's important actually.  But that food often contains crap fillers that are worthless.  A great amount of simple sugars that ARE not as good as complex etc etc...

are you saying your diet as posted before "eat everything crap in site, diet on the same crap" is better than a person who eats healthy and proportions their fats/carbs protein etc accordingly?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2010, 12:35:47 AM »
TA, I'm going by the diet you bragged about a few years ago.  Which was pretty much ice cream and any junk food you could get your hands on.  I'm not saying saturated fat isn't good for you.  It's important actually.  But that food often contains crap fillers that are worthless.  A great amount of simple sugars that ARE not as good as complex etc etc...

are you saying your diet as posted before "eat everything crap in site, diet on the same crap" is better than a person who eats healthy and proportions their fats/carbs protein etc accordingly?

1. I advocate not overeating.  For instance I eat 2800-3000 calories a day.  I obviously can permit myself to have larger caloric days, but I usually keep constant at this amount.  If I want to get super ripped I just lower my calories to about 2500-2600.  If you keep an overall sensible caloric amount there is no reason whatsoever to limit your food choices (there never really is ever a reason to do so unless illness or allergy of course).  I eat anything I enjoy.

2.  Since I train heavy, I also suggest getting around .5 to 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight.  I do not keep track of my precise daily number as I hit that by default by what I eat. Its not difficult at all to fall around that number without even trying.

3. Macro ratios do not matter as you will get a decent ratio by default if you follow the above advice.  I can calculate mine each day to show you.  I am sure it constantly changes as I eat whatever I happen to fancy at the moment.  Regardless, it ends in an adequate ratio.  I am also willing to show you that again, by default, I get wonderful levels of Vitamins and Minerals.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2010, 05:01:12 AM »
Why do you liberals favor a cradle to grave nanny state?

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2010, 05:10:13 AM »
Why do you liberals favor a cradle to grave nanny state?

I've got enough things to worry about without having to worry about how much salt is in my food.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: FDA may force restaurants, food makers to cut salt content
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2010, 05:11:38 AM »
I totally support these measures.  Sodium content in our foods is out of control, especially in restaurants.  I believe in full disclosure of what amounts they put into the food we eat and strict regulation on overuse of sodium, certain fats and other nasty concoctions that can shorten life. 

Then appoint them to be your food police. The issue isn't disclosure. The issue is that people JUST DON'T CARE. There is PLENTY of information about how much sodium is in certain foods.

It ain't YOUR JOB or that of the FDA to dictate what does or doesn't go in the mouths of other Americans.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2010, 05:12:41 AM »
I've got enough things to worry about without having to worry about how much salt is in my food.

So empower the government to regulate and drive the price up of food and control contents? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: FDA may force restaurants, food makers to cut salt content
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2010, 05:14:54 AM »
Here is the thing Billy.  The American people DO need help with dietary choices, i'm not advocating that they tell you exactly where and what you can eat, i advocate for full disclosure of what is in the food and full investigation into the effects any and all additives have on the human body.  That way we can finally know what is and isn't healthy.  

The same complaint can be made for the government banning steroids.  They did it without information and without a full investigation into the effects it has long term.  Because of that we have all these half truths from anti-steroid morons instead of truth.  

What "full investigation"? This stuff ain't news. The information has been out there FOR DECADES. And far too often, the FDA (and much of the government or the "mainstream") is WAY BEHIND, in terms of diet and nutrition. They're just now "discovering" stuff that I and others have known for over 20 years.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2010, 05:16:13 AM »
So empower the government to regulate and drive the price up of food and control contents? 

It's a balance I admit. But in this case I don't think the price would be that high.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2010, 05:18:25 AM »
It's a balance I admit. But in this case I don't think the price would be that high.

So where does it end?  What is your limit for the power of the govt over your life? 

Do you realize that salt is important in adding shelf life to many foods and that this will cause a huge price increase for many foods? 

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2010, 05:27:25 AM »
So where does it end?  What is your limit for the power of the govt over your life? 

Do you realize that salt is important in adding shelf life to many foods and that this will cause a huge price increase for many foods? 

Do you realise that all the people that get heart conditions, kidney problems, etc. are going to drive up your health insurance premiums? At least make it harder for them to make the wrong choice.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2010, 05:31:02 AM »
Do you realise that all the people that get heart conditions, kidney problems, etc. are going to drive up your health insurance premiums? At least make it harder for them to make the wrong choice.

We are all mortal and going to die anyway at some time.  Plus, using your justification, I can think of many many things that the govt could theoretically regulate and/or ban.  

Should we have the food police in resturants?  

Should we ban motorcycles?  

Should we ban beer?  

Should be ban skydiving and jetskiing?

Should we ban candy?

Do you realize that this crap never ever ends?