Author Topic: Stud or Dud, BMW 's Mercedes CLS Competitor...  (Read 4848 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Stud or Dud, BMW 's Mercedes CLS Competitor...
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »

Love both SL65 and CLK blacks. I'll take the CLK black in either white or mars red.

Tells you how much a bargin the C63 really is, my friend picked up an 09 last summer just when the 10's where coming in and he paid 55k out the door :o That's a ridiculous bargin for what you are getting.
Yep, and let's not forget the Brabus version, called the Black Arrow I think?

4 doors, V8, great handling, you are looking at a real sleeper car, and that thing might be around 35k in a few yrs...

MB, yeah I am on a car binge, had a dream I worked for Ferrari of Washington DC and I owned my dream car, a Black on tan Ferrari 360 Modena CS with Capristo exhaust.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
we need better emoticons this is drool material

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »

The Washington DC area buys more New Balances than anywhere else (at least when I worked at Footlocker), especially the 574s in Blue or grey. I never figured out, why they were expensive for a "simple" looking and plain shoe. And I was reprimanded by a customer one time because of my ignorance. She had asked for them and I said, "They're $100." she told me that she That she knew that and that she could afford it, she was real sharp (she was black), and she had been buying them for awhile, so she new the shoe, I didn't know the shoe...Knowing the product is like knowing how to please a woman, they come back for more...

i bought mine for $35 the last pair i got....i dont go out and get the "latest model"...they all fit the same...and i like em in plain grey....they weren't the plain grey i wanted but i ws gonna go opver my 10 min time limit to buy shoes so i just bought em and left....

people should pay attention to my face when they see me.....not my damn feet  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »
yup...both companies did have electronics issues...however, it was the way in which BMW dealt with me and my car's problems that has forever turned me off to their line.
2 ways around it enough repairs and they by do a buy back and u upgrade or they repair ur car and pay ur down time carpayments or offer u free accessories .most top dealers have 20 to 30 techs and due to electronic and engine issues they need them,secondly bmw's extensive warranty coverage allows this and encourages the dealers to get the kink's out of there mistakes or programming issues,i know through the years a few 100,ooo $ techs you are not going to make that coin at bmw doing oil changes and brakes,u need to change electronic components and run warranty time to the fullest to achieve it.and an 8 hr day needs to be a 10 to 15 hr day if u hustle,i have seen a 30 to 40 hr day made after all repair orders were completed and thats 1 tech,,almost all of it was made with warranty work,again how can that be done in an supposed 8 hr day .like i said over a wk u keep some jobs laying around and work the time clock accordingly then voila nice wk...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 01:35:36 AM »
2 ways around it enough repairs and they by do a buy back and u upgrade or they repair ur car and pay ur down time carpayments or offer u free accessories .most top dealers have 20 to 30 techs and due to electronic and engine issues they need them,secondly bmw's extensive warranty coverage allows this and encourages the dealers to get the kink's out of there mistakes or programming issues,i know through the years a few 100,ooo $ techs you are not going to make that coin at bmw doing oil changes and brakes,u need to change electronic components and run warranty time to the fullest to achieve it.and an 8 hr day needs to be a 10 to 15 hr day if u hustle,i have seen a 30 to 40 hr day made after all repair orders were completed and thats 1 tech,,almost all of it was made with warranty work,again how can that be done in an supposed 8 hr day .like i said over a wk u keep some jobs laying around and work the time clock accordingly then voila nice wk...
This

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »
There is noise and then there is music, Ha.

and for Ryan

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2010, 04:27:24 PM »
Awesome, and that E63 beat out the CTS-V in the motor trend shootout.

Speaking of CTS-V, I remember you said they had that challenge, well, from what I've heard the M3 beat it on the track, and Caddy got pissed and brought out their race team and race driver, hahaha. Not sure that's what I've read.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »
Awesome, and that E63 beat out the CTS-V in the motor trend shootout.

Speaking of CTS-V, I remember you said they had that challenge, well, from what I've heard the M3 beat it on the track, and Caddy got pissed and brought out their race team and race driver, hahaha. Not sure that's what I've read.

You know, it's kinda odd, the Caddy has run consistent 0-60 times of 3.9. Now, I don't know itlf it was the auto or Manual...Motor Trend also stacks the deck...they had a MT M5 versus the Caddy MT, but everybody know the MT is the wrong tranny for the M5, it's SMG box is better for times. Motor trend gave some shitty excuse. I think the auto Caddy was used against the E63, so why would they do that? To rigged the test.

Yeah, Caddy had 4 teams I think, and Bob Lutz who is 70+ yrs old is the one that lost. I think it was any show room stock 4 door---Because the Caddy still holds the 'Ring record for a show room stock production 4 door...under the 8 min. mark
M5 with Evosport headers and Meisterschaft exhaust

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2010, 05:15:23 PM »
cool stuff guys,,,,,

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
You know, it's kinda odd, the Caddy has run consistent 0-60 times of 3.9. Now, I don't know itlf it was the auto or Manual...Motor Trend also stacks the deck...they had a MT M5 versus the Caddy MT, but everybody know the MT is the wrong tranny for the M5, it's SMG box is better for times. Motor trend gave some shitty excuse. I think the auto Caddy was used against the E63, so why would they do that? To rigged the test.

Yeah, Caddy had 4 teams I think, and Bob Lutz who is 70+ yrs old is the one that lost. I think it was any show room stock 4 door---Because the Caddy still holds the 'Ring record for a show room stock production 4 door...under the 8 min. mark
M5 with Evosport headers and Meisterschaft exhaust

Thanks for clearification. CTS-V is no joke, and I've given it praise a lot of times. The thing is it's going up against a NA benz and a 5 year old M5.

The next AMG and M5 won't play nice, both cars are going turbo, 5.5tt and 4.4tt. The specs of the M5 is rumored to be 580 or so horses with 550 plus torque, benz is similar. The germans are bringing the big guns next, can the caddy handle it?? ;D I can't wait.

BMW M cars have always been my ideal cause of the balance. I LOVE that m5 V10 though, one of the best sounding bang for the buck V10 ever! Used ones are running cheap starting with the 06's.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »
^All Caddy has to do is turn up the wick, remember it's engine is a detuned ZR1 engine, and in the Vette it's pumping out 638 hp...I think GM/Caddy knew a new M5 was around the corner, so they kept the other gun in the pocket and will wait for the other shoe (new M5) to drop. :D ;)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
^All Caddy has to do is turn up the wick, remember it's engine is a detuned ZR1 engine, and in the Vette it's pumping out 638 hp...I think GM/Caddy knew a new M5 was around the corner, so they kept the other gun in the pocket and will wait for the other shoe (new M5) to drop. :D ;)

True, but I prefer turbo motors over supercharged anyday. ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »

True, but I prefer turbo motors over supercharged anyday. ;)

Have you heard about the eisman, eisenmann, eisenhaus controversy? Apparently eisman is a German exhaust company that worked with eisenhaus/eisenmann for a titanium unit for the E46 M3, and then latter company ripped off the former and another company, and they produce exhausts in Korea, but they don't stamp where it is from, then they were going to be sued, then they changed their name to GThaus...that M5 has the latter (rip off) company's exhaust...thing is the Korean exhausts sound better than the German company's.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 12:41:32 AM »
a beamer is a beamer..will always be second class to a benz

Thank you for trying to shut this thread down. Mercedes will always win. BMW  makes a nice car but they cannot be compared to Mercedes.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:37 AM »
Thank you for trying to shut this thread down. Mercedes will always win. BMW  makes a nice car but they cannot be compared to Mercedes.

Two completely different brands, Mercedes caters to older people luxury, and BMW more driver oriented, sporty.

Mercedes= Luxury cruiser

BMW= sporty, people who love to drive, there's a reason why they are called "the ultimate driving machine."

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2010, 02:30:45 AM »

Two completely different brands, Mercedes caters to older people luxury, and BMW more driver oriented, sporty.

Mercedes= Luxury cruiser

BMW= sporty, people who love to drive, there's a reason why they are called "the ultimate driving machine."

You know what is funny, Alfa Romeo used to be that, before BMW...until BMW coined the phrase...man what I wouldn't give to have a Alfa Romeo GTAm or just the GTA. And their GTV was the Scirocco competitor

Alfa Romeo GTAm's were giving BMW 2002tii a run for its money on the tracks...A guy I know had a 2002tii and sold it for E36 M3, but said had it been a GTA, he'd have kept it...the engine sounds like a Ferrari's...