Author Topic: White Liberal Human Rights Activist Raped in Haiti, blames white male opression.  (Read 6899 times)

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
'Malcolm X scholar'..Oh brother ::)

Amanda Kijera: Liberal Human Rights Activist Raped in Haiti

Apr 23rd, 2010

By Amanda Kijera, civic journalist and activist in Haiti

Two weeks ago, on a Monday morning, I started to write what I thought was a very clever editorial about violence against women in Haiti. The case, I believed, was being overstated by women’s organizations in need of additional resources. Ever committed to preserving the dignity of Black men in a world which constantly stereotypes them as violent savages, I viewed this writing as yet one more opportunity to fight “the man” on behalf of my brothers. That night, before I could finish the piece, I was held on a rooftop in Haiti and raped repeatedly by one of the very men who I had spent the bulk of my life advocating for.

It hurt. The experience was almost more than I could bear. I begged him to stop. Afraid he would kill me, I pleaded with him to honor my commitment to Haiti, to him as a brother in the mutual struggle for an end to our common oppression, but to no avail. He didn’t care that I was a Malcolm X scholar. (he didn’t see her angel halo, Ed.) He told me to shut up, and then slapped me in the face. Overpowered, I gave up fighting halfway through the night.

Accepting the helplessness of my situation, I chucked aside the Haiti bracelet I had worn so proudly for over a year, along with it, my dreams of human liberation. Someone, I told myself, would always be bigger and stronger than me. As a woman, my place in life had been ascribed from birth. A Chinese proverb says that “women are like the grass, meant to be stepped on.” The thought comforted me at the same time that it made me cringe.

A dangerous thought. Others like it have derailed movements, discouraged consciousness and retarded progress for centuries. To accept it as truth signals the beginning of the end of a person–or community’s–life and ability to self-love. Resignation means inertia, and for the past two weeks I have inhabited its innards. My neighbors here include women from all over the world, but it’s the women of African descent, and particularly Haitian women, who move me to write now.

Truly, I have witnessed as a journalist and human rights advocate the many injustices inflicted upon Black men in this world. The pain, trauma and rage born of exploitation are terrors that I have grappled with every day of my life. They make one want to strike back, to fight rabidly for what is left of their personal dignity in the wake of such things. Black men have every right to the anger they feel in response to their position in the global hierarchy, but their anger is misdirected.

Women are not the source of their oppression; oppressive policies and the as-yet unaddressed white patriarchy which still dominates the global stage are. Because women–and particularly women of color–are forced to bear the brunt of the Black male response to the Black male plight, the international community and those nations who have benefitted from the oppression of colonized peoples have a responsibility to provide women with the protection that they need.

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2010/04/23/amanda-kijera-liberal-human-rights-activist-raped-in-haiti/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
As michale savage says liberalism is a severe mental disorder.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
'Malcolm X scholar'..Oh brother ::)

Amanda Kijera: Liberal Human Rights Activist Raped in Haiti

Apr 23rd, 2010

By Amanda Kijera, civic journalist and activist in Haiti

Two weeks ago, on a Monday morning, I started to write what I thought was a very clever editorial about violence against women in Haiti. The case, I believed, was being overstated by women’s organizations in need of additional resources. Ever committed to preserving the dignity of Black men in a world which constantly stereotypes them as violent savages, I viewed this writing as yet one more opportunity to fight “the man” on behalf of my brothers. That night, before I could finish the piece, I was held on a rooftop in Haiti and raped repeatedly by one of the very men who I had spent the bulk of my life advocating for.

It hurt. The experience was almost more than I could bear. I begged him to stop. Afraid he would kill me, I pleaded with him to honor my commitment to Haiti, to him as a brother in the mutual struggle for an end to our common oppression, but to no avail. He didn’t care that I was a Malcolm X scholar. (he didn’t see her angel halo, Ed.) He told me to shut up, and then slapped me in the face. Overpowered, I gave up fighting halfway through the night.

Accepting the helplessness of my situation, I chucked aside the Haiti bracelet I had worn so proudly for over a year, along with it, my dreams of human liberation. Someone, I told myself, would always be bigger and stronger than me. As a woman, my place in life had been ascribed from birth. A Chinese proverb says that “women are like the grass, meant to be stepped on.” The thought comforted me at the same time that it made me cringe.

A dangerous thought. Others like it have derailed movements, discouraged consciousness and retarded progress for centuries. To accept it as truth signals the beginning of the end of a person–or community’s–life and ability to self-love. Resignation means inertia, and for the past two weeks I have inhabited its innards. My neighbors here include women from all over the world, but it’s the women of African descent, and particularly Haitian women, who move me to write now.

Truly, I have witnessed as a journalist and human rights advocate the many injustices inflicted upon Black men in this world. The pain, trauma and rage born of exploitation are terrors that I have grappled with every day of my life. They make one want to strike back, to fight rabidly for what is left of their personal dignity in the wake of such things. Black men have every right to the anger they feel in response to their position in the global hierarchy, but their anger is misdirected.

Women are not the source of their oppression; oppressive policies and the as-yet unaddressed white patriarchy which still dominates the global stage are. Because women–and particularly women of color–are forced to bear the brunt of the Black male response to the Black male plight, the international community and those nations who have benefitted from the oppression of colonized peoples have a responsibility to provide women with the protection that they need.

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2010/04/23/amanda-kijera-liberal-human-rights-activist-raped-in-haiti/

OK...Uh..Is this something written for some perverse creative writing class or something???

The whole thing screams PHONY. Amazing the mondset she had during the course of the rape, which according to this article went on ALL NIGHT LONG. Was that RAPE or a love making session to Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass and Will Downing?

Seems like another case of a white bitch wanting some Black dick and afterward realizing what she has done screams rape. I would imagine he wasn't wearing a condom and she was not "protected" and she will later turn up pregnant, but will keep the child to raise it as she feels a Haitian child should be raised. Then she will write more bogus articles about how wonderful the child is and how she will raise him to be like Malcom X and to honor...... yadda yadda yadda

GMAFB

C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
TBH I felt the same way.  There is no way someone could be this insane.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
As michale savage says liberalism is a severe mental disorder.
;D

OK...Uh..Is this something written for some perverse creative writing class or something???

The whole thing screams PHONY. Amazing the mondset she had during the course of the rape, which according to this article went on ALL NIGHT LONG. Was that RAPE or a love making session to Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass and Will Downing?

Seems like another case of a white bitch wanting some Black dick and afterward realizing what she has done screams rape. I would imagine he wasn't wearing a condom and she was not "protected" and she will later turn up pregnant, but will keep the child to raise it as she feels a Haitian child should be raised. Then she will write more bogus articles about how wonderful the child is and how she will raise him to be like Malcom X and to honor...... yadda yadda yadda

GMAFB

I find these white women who are involved in the 'black rights' movement extremely condescending toward the people they're supposedly trying to help, it's no wonder white women are killed by their black boyfriends so often, they look down on black men as children that they need to nurture and help maybe not intentionally but at the very least subconsciously.  I think a lot of it does boil down to the fact that they want the black cock.  Watch this samson, this is a black scholar she's talking to even though she looks white.  these type of women have severe mental issues.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I wonder if her parents are proud of her? 

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
I wonder if her parents are proud of her? 
She probably has daddy issues

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Its truly sad to see the complete mental damage that the liberal freak show has done to person to get to the point where she explains someone raping her on the issues she stated. 

What a disgrace.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
Its truly sad to see the complete mental damage that the liberal freak show has done to person to get to the point where she explains someone raping her on the issues she stated.  

What a disgrace.
More balanced reporting in the news and entertainment media exposing even a fraction of the massive and unparalleled black on white crime and racism rather than focusing on how evil and racist people are in every movie, TV show and news program would help alleviate the problem of easily impressionable people developing mental disorders like this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Unbelievable! Is this for real??

If it is anything else she says in the future will be taken with a grain of salt. She lost all credibility.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Gee whiz. All those white rapists and assorted sex offenders don't have any allies like her! Maybe if white sexual predators targeted black women,  a black female rape victim would blame Fox News for creating the disenchanted white folk.  ::)

The guy who raped her should have killed her also. He would have been doing her a favor.