Author Topic: NYPD trashes hundreds of bikes for Obama visit.  (Read 1490 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
NYPD trashes hundreds of bikes for Obama visit.
« on: April 24, 2010, 05:50:38 PM »
Are they that desperate for some revenue from selling these things?

Citing security concerns that bikes might be secret pipe bombs, NYPD officers clipped the locks of hundreds of bikes along Houston Street this morning in preparation for President Obama's speech at Cooper Union. The bikes were unceremoniously put in the back of the truck. There was no prior notification of the bikes needing to be cleared along the route by NYPD and onlookers were not given information as to what would become of the bikes. Happy Earth Day! (Updating this story as more information comes available.)

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/bike-stolen-check-the-police-station/

newmom

Re: NYPD trashes hundreds of bikes for Obama visit.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 05:52:29 PM »
That is horseshit..I lived near houston on 5th and c..they could of posted no bikes or cars parked blah blah like they do for movie sets..I understand for security reasons, its understandable. But they could of posted no bikes or something

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »
Trashed or are storing the bikes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »
Knpowing the nypd they probably took the bikes and gave them to family members or put them on craigslist or ebay for sale.

newmom

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
or could be at the tow yard in bklyn, ya know where they put your cars when you have unpaid parking tickets. That shit sucksssssss

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 07:52:02 AM »
Are they that desperate for some revenue from selling these things?

Citing security concerns that bikes might be secret pipe bombs, NYPD officers clipped the locks of hundreds of bikes along Houston Street this morning in preparation for President Obama's speech at Cooper Union. The bikes were unceremoniously put in the back of the truck. There was no prior notification of the bikes needing to be cleared along the route by NYPD and onlookers were not given information as to what would become of the bikes. Happy Earth Day! (Updating this story as more information comes available.)

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/bike-stolen-check-the-police-station/

Well I guess it is a good thing these bikes are not pipe bombs, because after clipping the locks, throwing them onto the back of a truck and man handling them as they are, they certainly would have exploded....
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
"Well I guess it is a good thing these bikes are not pipe bombs, because after clipping the locks, throwing them onto the back of a truck and man handling them as they are, they certainly would have exploded...."

LMAO!  True!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 06:51:26 AM »
Well I guess it is a good thing these bikes are not pipe bombs, because after clipping the locks, throwing them onto the back of a truck and man handling them as they are, they certainly would have exploded....

Could you imagine  one of 333s relatives throwing one in the back of the truck and it exploding?

Coworker casually responds "oh.. that was one right there".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 06:54:50 AM »
I never did pipe bombs. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
needs to be a class action lawsuit against the city over this.  honestly, WTF ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 07:02:45 AM »
I never did pipe bombs. 

Obviously not since you are still here posting.  I wouldn't expect you to be smart enough to construct one or to survive the attempt.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »
Could you imagine  one of 333s relatives throwing one in the back of the truck and it exploding?

Coworker casually responds "oh.. that was one right there".

hahahahahahahaha
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 12:54:24 AM »
A few weeks after starting the 8th grade, our teacher came in one morning and announced that one of our classmates would be away for a while. It seems the kid was experimenting with creating pipe bombs and one blew up in his face. We couldn't believe it because this kid was such a quiet, geeky little kid. He was much shorter and smaller than everyone else including all the girls, and most of us had known him since the 4th grade. He was the last person you'd expect to be experimenting with dynamite or explosives... but there he was. By the time he finally did come back to school... you could tell he'd had multiple facial surgeries and skin grafts on his face. Bare in mind this was the pre-internet era. At the time, all I kept thinking was "Where & How could a 12 yr old kid get his hands on dynamite?" & "Where were his parents?" I mean what kind of parent could have their kid building pipe bombs in the garage and they not know about it?  ???
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 05:05:04 AM »
A few weeks after starting the 8th grade, our teacher came in one morning and announced that one of our classmates would be away for a while. It seems the kid was experimenting with creating pipe bombs and one blew up in his face. We couldn't believe it because this kid was such a quiet, geeky little kid. He was much shorter and smaller than everyone else including all the girls, and most of us had known him since the 4th grade. He was the last person you'd expect to be experimenting with dynamite or explosives... but there he was. By the time he finally did come back to school... you could tell he'd had multiple facial surgeries and skin grafts on his face. Bare in mind this was the pre-internet era. At the time, all I kept thinking was "Where & How could a 12 yr old kid get his hands on dynamite?" & "Where were his parents?" I mean what kind of parent could have their kid building pipe bombs in the garage and they not know about it?  ???

My best friend and I use to always blow things up (without use of the internet) back around 5th, 6th, and 7th grade. (He lived in a rural area)  We weren't psychos or anything, just liked blowing stuff up like any boy would.  ;D

I remember one time we got our hands on some gun powder, long story short, my friend went without eye brows for a few weeks.  ;D
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 05:07:51 AM »
We used to blow shit up with M80's, Cherry Bombs, etc. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 05:13:46 AM »

Exactly, what boy didn't?
S

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:31 AM »

Amateur.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 08:11:32 AM »

I remember as a kid there being fire works called M80s, TrashCans, and another which escapes me at the moment. The M80s we were told were the equivalent of a 1/4 stick of dynamite. The explosion and noise these things made was incredible. It would literally scare the crap out of people who were unaware of it. For those sicko kids who want(ed) to make these pipe bombs it was only a mater of buying a couple of these M80s or Trash Cans and emptying the contents to access the Black powder inside. Once a person had enough Black powder they literally could have the explosive power of not only one stick of dynamite, they had the explosive power of a couple of sticks of dynamite...the perfect amount for pipe bombs.

Yeah you're right what kind of dumb parents would let their kids make bombs in the home... or bombs anywhere for that matter? The same kind of dumb parents that let their children put locks on their bedroom door with messages to the parents to STAY OUT!!!!!
C