Author Topic: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...  (Read 80625 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »
I totally agree.
Everyone that bodybuilds should understand the basic concept of Ketosis.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm
Atkins understood this.
Most old school weightloss programs also incorporated this.

Although there are lots of guys that would rather use insulin, or other voodoo science, then to actually understand the natural cycles of the body.

A lot of people won't do the work. It's a lot easier to take drugs or even follow an oversimplified diet to lose weight. I remember reading one of the Aumbass Principles threads a few years back and it was essentially a modified Atkins. It's probably different now but I'm not very fat and probably wouldn't use something like that to lose weight.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 03:55:33 PM »
WOW, so cheap in the US. I guess thats why people are so fat.
x2

The main thing I noticed when visiting the US was portion sizes!

Huge portion sizes compared to the UK

I loved it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »
The protein requirement of bodybuilders is not determined by what characters on discussion boards believe. Only independent, peer reviewed, exercise science-nutrition studies can achieve that. It will be a sad day if the protein requirement is high. I await these new studies. Hopefully, they will be legitimate studies done at a first rate university that is known for its human nutrition department.

What is Mindspin's stake in this debate? He loses credibility if he is but a pawn in Connelly's scheme.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »
I despise Mindspin but he is correct as he done it the right way like everyone who ever dieted for a show ... and yes adonis was thouroughly owned

oh well ... on a side note I banged a hot 36 yo MILF tnite ...life is gud as ujual

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 04:05:39 PM »
x2

The main thing I noticed when visiting the US wasportion sizes!

Huge portion sizes compared to the UK

I loved it.
Great point. I was going to note this. Portion sizes are %33-50 larger in US McDicks. But for real portions go to a Outhouse Steakhouse or a Denny's and they give you literally 2-3 meals on one plate. And studies have repeatedly shown that humans tend to (or try to) eat what is put in front of them. You do the math.   

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »
A lot of people won't do the work. It's a lot easier to take drugs or even follow an oversimplified diet to lose weight. I remember reading one of the Aumbass Principles threads a few years back and it was essentially a modified Atkins. It's probably different now but I'm not very fat and probably wouldn't use something like that to lose weight.
The only show I did I used a carb cycling diet. Which really caps the lows of Atkins, because you only go into Ketosis for about a day and a half a week..
Found I lost weight too fast with it and came in way too light.

Now I just follow a few simple rules to maintain.
No Sugary Drinks and no fries.
Too many empty calories and really play around with insulin levels.

If I was to do another show, which I won't, I would follow a similar carb cycling plan, however I would really watch my fat intake. Most likely using some type of fish oil supplement.
Z

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 04:15:33 PM »
The protein requirement of bodybuilders is not determined by what characters on discussion boards believe. Only independent, peer reviewed, exercise science-nutrition studies can achieve that. It will be a sad day if the protein requirement is high. I await these new studies. Hopefully, they will be legitimate studies done at a first rate university that is known for its human nutrition department.

What is Mindspin's stake in this debate? He loses credibility if he is but a pawn in Connelly's scheme.

Here's the problem.... legitimately calculating a bodybuilder's protein/caloric need is pretty much impossible. Bodybuilders define their need by whatever the current physique goal is, it's individual. Also, response to protein would depend on organ function, drugs taken, genetics and even exercise done.

Up to the mid 90's people (scientists) were convinced the kidneys couldn't process more than 23 grams at a time.

If you're trying to build muscle protein is important. I'd rather not see scientists waste time/money on crap we already know. Instead I'd like to see an unbiased study on bioavailability and renal clearance of the various proteins people are always selling. I'll bet all the stuff made from cartilage is damn near useless. I'd also like to see precisely how much of whatever the best protein has to be taken before we piss it out. We should also find out the effects of whole food protein on nitrogen balance versus stuff out of a tub... long and short term.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »
If he truly believed what he was preaching, he would take the free trip and go debate it. That said, I've always been of the belief that a calorie is not just a calorie. I'd love to read otherwise, though.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »

I have nothing to gain here.  I'm not on Scott's payroll.  I simply want to see the debate happen.  I think it would be hilarious.
w

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »
I don't care what you guys say, TA and Wavelength are 100% correct.  Using their methods I am learner and stronger then ever before!  :o

I too have used the TA principles and they do work. These diet charlatans just want to continue to bamboozle the public and get rich doing it.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
I too have used the TA principles and they do work. These diet charlatans just want to continue to bamboozle the public and get rich doing it.

So then TA has everything to gain by going out there and proving him wrong.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »
I have nothing to gain here.  I'm not on Scott's payroll.  I simply want to see the debate happen.  I think it would be hilarious.

MS,

You have absolutely demolished Adam by epic proportions! I still can't believe anyone in their right mind take this severe wanna be seriously!

Also, don't waste your time trying to explain anything nutrition related to the esteemed panel of resident derelicts we possess here on GB! :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »
Well, I think you have to make an effort to assure TA that this 'meeting' won't be some kind of ambush. Perhaps, extend some kind of itinerary and, because you want to video this, some kind of limits as to what and what cannot be taped, or, signed off on. And given what little you've said MindSpin, there's an awful lot of room for, er, ambiguity. You and TA, and an independent party on both ends, would be best served, by hammering out a few logistical details. I know a lot here want to see a trainwreck, but let's try to keep it fair.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »
MS,

You have to promise Adonis full access to Wiki during their discussion. :)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2010, 04:38:22 PM »
For years he has been touting that his "adonis principles" are the ideal way to eat in order to gain muscle/lose fat.  These principles are, of course, complete bullshit.  

I offered to fly him & his "girlfriend" to California (at my expense) so that he may debate this with Dr. Scott Connelly.  I would, of course videotape everything and post it on GB.  Unfortunately, he came up with 15 pages of excuses (see link below), thus exposing himself as a complete fraud  :-\

The fact remains - calorie counting is useless.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=328439.375;topicseen

the fact is Adamn doesn't have the proper english vocabulary to do ANY interviews as he does with his google copy paste techniques, case in point  ::)

I can just imagine him being outed by an actual doctor, it's easy to type crap, harder to speak, you should practise your voice more, brah!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 04:40:29 PM »
MS,

You have to promise Adonis full access to Wiki during their discussion. :)
LOL. Would you settle for one of those earpieces and a buddy in a nearby van with a computer, like so many '80's movies?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »
LOL. Would you settle for one of those earpieces and a buddy in a nearby van with a computer, like so many '80's movies?
I Basile has a van. ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
So then TA has everything to gain by going out there and proving him wrong.

well he doesnt have a team of scientists to bring with him, plus who knows what can happen by meeting a bunch of nut jobs from Southern California  ::). WHo knows what they will do to him. He has to think about Jezzebelle you know.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »

Adonis' internet Kung Fu is stronger than Dr. Connelly's.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2010, 04:44:40 PM »
Has anyone here ever heard of the term nutrient density.

Question to all the TA followers, if you eat table sugar vs a nutrient dense carb, is a calorie just a calorie?   ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »
well he doesnt have a team of scientists to bring with him, plus who knows what can happen by meeting a bunch of nut jobs from Southern California  ::). WHo knows what they will do to him. He has to think about Jezzebelle you know.

Debates happen every day. He'd have to prepare his argument and hope it stands up against Dr. Connelly's. This isn't some foreign concept. I personally think it would be an interesting debate.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »
I'm going to state this once, and then leave it for the Adam/Connelly debate.  

Connelly believes that you can take a pair of monozygotic twins and put them both on an identical training regimen and identical caloric consumption.  However, if one is getting his calories primarily from protein, and the other is getting his calories primarily from carbs, they will end up with differing body composition.  In spite of the fact that both twins are burning & consuming the same amount of calories, the twin that is consuming primarily protein will end up with more muscle and lower body fat.

That is the oversimplified position.  Like I said before, I'm not going to spend hours on here reading through Adonis cut & paste nonsense.  The best way to settle this is to get the two together and see it debated.

Of course calories in calories out is all that matters regarding weight gain, loss, maintenance. But you are correct with your example as well. Because though the calories in may be the same but calories out is not. There is a metabolic cost of converting protein to glucose. TA thinks it's trivial but in the long run it's not. Though the calculations vary we can reasonably go with 10%. So with a 3,000 calories/day diet that's a 300 caloric deficit. That's 2,100 calories per week.

Also, your body can live just on protein alone since protein can be converted to glucose and used for energy. Carbohydrates cannot be converted into amino acids. So with a diet primarily composed of carbohydrates it would have to break down muscle tissue to get the required amount of amino acids.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »
Imagine that, excuses.

And it was such a good offer by Mindspin too.

How could one refuse that?
Q

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »
Adonis' internet Kung Fu is stronger than Dr. Connelly's.
Relatively speaking, TA's Google Fu is 10th Dan, Coach's is white belt.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
We just had a presentation at my graduate seminar today on how the main factor in fat loss is caloric intake, specifically the amount of fat intake, but that lowering it to levels sufficient to lose lots of fat may be infeasible.  The secondary factors were total daily caloric intake and energy balance prior to your workout.
WRONG!!!  Weight loss perhaps, but FAT loss no.....there is a huge diff btwn sacrificing lean body mass just to lose weight and holding onto LBM while shedding only fat...the 1st will result in the viscious Oprah Winfrey Yo-Yo dieting syndrome 99% of fat women adhere to. Seriously, ask any natty competetive BB and they'll tell you it's all about feeding the muscles with adequate protein and controlling insulin responses. That's macronutrient 101