Author Topic: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...  (Read 81267 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2010, 05:48:43 PM »
I think the only solution to this is kidnapping Adonis and have him do the debate under the threat of 1000v electric shocks to his testicles.
from incomplete data

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »
I think the only solution to this is kidnapping Adonis and have him do the debate under the threat of 1000v electric shocks to his testicles.

Your under the assumption he has testis I see.
Giving 110%

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
I`ll be back, GYM TIME!

Delete the two threads before he returns.

Nothing to see here.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »

No. All he had to do is act like a man and say that he declines instead of making excuses and debating his points here. I wonder, Spin, if you get Dr. C. to post here just to extend the invitation you made would TA accept then? Or would he make further excuses, try to debate him here which will only further his owning.

Just have Dr. C. make the offer accepting only a yes or no answer as he doesn't have the time or desire to debate over the net.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »
I`ll be back, GYM TIME!

You're one dense guy!

You're perfectly willing to post senseless bullshit about going to the gym, but you cannot...CANNOT seem to type a simple YES or NO.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »
I will have to agree with mindspin in this one! Calorie counting is not the best way to lose fat...

Just counting calories isn't the best way. You should make sure you have enough essential nutrients for health, muscle preservation, etc. But that not how Mindspin puts it.

He says:
Adonis believes that in order to get ripped you must cut calories (Connelly disagrees).

So in other words a, say 400lb man who wants to lose weight can continue to eat 10,000+ calories a day but will get ripped if the macronutrient ratio is "correct"? Who really believes this? No one, not even Mindspin and Connelly. Calories do come into play.

Take a bb who is almost only eating trace carbs, tons of protein, and a little healthy fat. He is still not ripped enough and contest is rapidly approaching. What does he need to do to get ripped in time? Increase calorie expenditure and/or reduce calories. Simple as that.

Since googling isn't the way to prove anything here, let's examine how contest prep gurus work in the real world. I haven't seen a single one who recommends unlimited amounts of protein or any macronurient. Because calories matter.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2010, 06:13:46 PM »
The real reason TA turned this down is because he would be exposed about Jezebelle.  Jezebelle is really one of his sisters friends, she is not TA's girlfriend.  The last time TA had pussy was when pussy had him.

ROFL never heard that one before

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2010, 06:19:59 PM »
TA is a legend, who  the f is 'dr.scott connelly'  ::)

TA just do it, its a totally free trip to cali for you and your gf, nobody really gives a rats ass about the 'debate', hell you could just make a joke of it and bs the whole thing, or skip it entirely and do something else haha

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
Connelly Diet - 3,000 to 4,000 calories

1 Bucket of KFC - 1725 calories

So if my caloric intake is equal to 2 buckets of KFC Fried Chicken but my macro-nutrients are balanced...I'm still going to lose weight...... ::)

I'm sorry but I used to follow the 300-400 grams of protein a day and etc.  But now I know better.  In order for the body to burn fat, it has to be in a caloric deficiency and need the extra calories for fuel. 

Adonis is right.  Calories do count and while you can't just eat candy and sugar all day, you certainly can't fall for nutritional nonsense thats being circulated to sell more protein powder.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »
I'm going to state this once, and then leave it for the Adam/Connelly debate.  

Connelly believes that you can take a pair of monozygotic twins and put them both on an identical training regimen and identical caloric consumption.  However, if one is getting his calories primarily from protein, and the other is getting his calories primarily from carbs, they will end up with differing body composition.  In spite of the fact that both twins are burning & consuming the same amount of calories, the twin that is consuming primarily protein will end up with more muscle and lower body fat.

That is the oversimplified position.  Like I said before, I'm not going to spend hours on here reading through Adonis cut & paste nonsense.  The best way to settle this is to get the two together and see it debated.

Can Dr. Connelly or yourself site those sources? Not doubting one bit, but for the last month I've been reading some studies about monozygotic twins compared with dizygotic twins suggesting that genetic factors contribute to dietary intake.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »
I also figure if Scott Connelly wants to contact me, he will. 

Like he has time to contact an internet troll.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2010, 07:05:57 PM »
The bottom line is Adam is not an expert in nutrition so would be easily embarrassed by someone with a PhD in nutrition. It is one thing to post on Getbig and quite another to debate with an highly educated person. This David is not going to slay any Giant from academia.

Why doesn't Dr Connelly post here on Getbig. Now that would be an event. Let him answer questions from the knowledgeable people here and see where this goes. Should be interesting.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
Oh my god this is still going on.  Guys like Apenis and Goodrum feed off the internet fame.  No way in hell can they be anything successful in real life so they live their life through the internet and think because people talk about them, then they are famous and successful.  Neither of them realize everyone is laughing at them.
No Worries 4 me

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:57 PM »

apenis is a raging homosexual with delusions of grandeur.

that is all.
b

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2010, 07:08:39 PM »
Oh my god this is still going on.  Guys like Apenis and Goodrum feed off the internet fame.  No way in hell can they be anything successful in real life so they live their life through the internet and think because people talk about them, then they are famous and successful.  Neither of them realize everyone is laughing at them.

Do you think people laughed at him while wrestling??
D

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2010, 07:15:38 PM »

See, stuff like this dude. Like I said, you WERE something. Now you are the equivalent to that giant chick in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Meanwhile, Goodrum and Adonis are still young, and getting better and better.

As for everyone laughing at them, what do you think people are doing when you ride around Walmart in that fat guy wheelchair thing?

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2010, 07:20:32 PM »
The bottom line is Adam is not an expert in nutrition so would be easily embarrassed by someone with a PhD in nutrition. It is one thing to post on Getbig and quite another to debate with an highly educated person. This David is not going to slay any Giant from academia.

Why doesn't Dr Connelly post here on Getbig. Now that would be an event. Let him answer questions from the knowledgeable people here and see where this goes. Should be interesting.

No, bottom line is that nutrition is not this mystical force only a select few understand. This guy is banking on a few things:

Insulin released from food

Hormonal manipulations and timing

Protein digestion rates

And finally the 'super nutrition' concept.

Do you really think any of this matters? Look at Adonis and look at a comparable (genetics) drug free guy that follows that BS religiously. Any difference? Not really.

The hormonal response stuff is generally bullshit when it comes to the idea of using it for performance enhancement. If it does help, it is only doing so a little, and it will very from person to person.

How many more studies do you need?

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »
No. All he had to do is act like a man and say that he declines instead of making excuses and debating his points here. I wonder, Spin, if you get Dr. C. to post here just to extend the invitation you made would TA accept then? Or would he make further excuses, try to debate him here which will only further his owning.

Just have Dr. C. make the offer accepting only a yes or no answer as he doesn't have the time or desire to debate over the net.

Why don't they just do the case study? 1 dude follows Adonis's stuff, the other guy gets fat, er, I mean does the bodybuilding diet. Have them both tested (just use the air fair and hotel money), and then measure the gains/losses.

Just debating would not work. Everyone blindly follows that crap, and Adonis will be walking into a controlled situation with him set up to fail.

You need a case study type thing.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »

Why would someone actually busy doing stuff argue on-line with someone who literally lacks the capacity to distinguish between information and knowledge?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »

Yeah, well, 'neither are you, Vince. You've been telling us for, like, forever, that you have the philosopher's stone for muscular hypertrophy, but for some reason you just can't. won't. shouldn't. articulate such a theory. Oh. Brother.  

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »

fancy degrees dont mean shit other than that youve spent tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours/years memorizing shit out of textbooks, especially one in 'nutrition' LMAO

bottom line is everyone's body is completely different when it comes to this shit, anyone whose been at this long enough should know that genetics dictate everything. there is no 'right way' or 'wrong way', jsut what works for you and what you can get away with.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
i hope one day im rich enough to fly Internet Characters around the country to settle forum disputes in real life, haha can you imagine the hijinks that would ensue. movie plot right there

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »

This guy would in no way be comfortable in a sit down situation with Connelly.. especially if its taped. Not in a million years. It looks like he’s got some serious anxiety issues. I don’t think he could effectively articulate his thoughts.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »
I offered an all expenses paid trip to CA for him AND his girlfriend.  It's a free weekend trip to cali ::)

Cali in the summer for a whole weekend?  Oh my that is quite a lavish prize, my apologies.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2010, 07:37:08 PM »
fancy degrees dont mean shit other than that youve spent tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours/years memorizing shit out of textbooks, especially one in 'nutrition' LMAO

bottom line is everyone's body is completely different when it comes to this shit, anyone whose been at this long enough should know that genetics dictate everything. there is no 'right way' or 'wrong way', just what works for you and what you can get away with.

we have a winner