Author Topic: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...  (Read 81561 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...
« Reply #350 on: May 03, 2010, 07:38:17 PM »
I would put my money on Adonis to knock the fuck out both Mindspin and Connelly with one arm. Kid's got reach.
alex i don't think t.a. could knock out glass joe from the original punch out .

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: May 25, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »
The statement, "a calorie is a calorie" is correct since by definition a "calorie" can be nothing more than a "calorie" but that it where it ends as far as Adam's aurgument. A calorie from protein certainly have a different effect on the body than a calorie from carbs and fats. I can not understand how this is such a big issue as it is very simple.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2010, 03:09:17 PM »
The statement, "a calorie is a calorie" is correct since by definition a "calorie" can be nothing more than a "calorie" but that it where it ends as far as Adam's aurgument. A calorie from protein certainly have a different effect on the body than a calorie from carbs and fats. I can not understand how this is such a big issue as it is very simple.

"A grain of sand is a grain of sand"
No Worries 4 me

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2010, 03:30:49 PM »
nobody ever denied the effect of protein on body composition

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:53 PM »
"A grain of sand is a grain of sand"

Exactly   ;D I'm surprised that no one here even realized this before.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2010, 04:31:10 PM »
Exactly   ;D I'm surprised that no one here even realized this before.

very true, of course a cal is a cal but like you said- NOT all calories are equal

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2010, 04:43:12 PM »
nobody ever denied the effect of protein on body composition

While the statement " a calorie is a calorie" may be true, the effects on the body of one type of a single calorie can and usually is quite different than another type of calorie. Therefore a calorie is not a calorie when taking in account the effect it has on the body which is far more important than making the blanket statement that Adam likes to harp.

Calorie counting only works when adjusting your macros in such a way so a person stays full longer. Protein is best for this and is no secret. Low fat diets have always failed and always will. I person who eats low fat will always be hungry and can also be deficient in fat soluble vitamins.

Also, while all diets do boil down to calorie content I have proven thru out the years that a 2000 calorie diet based mainly on carbs and low fat content is not the same as a 2000 calorie diet that is comprised of mainly protein and fat with little carb content. This is largely, but not solely due to insulin response. Adam is of the opinion that a person needs very little protein. While it has been proven the protein keeps a person satisfied longer this would not be possible while consuming very little protein with mainly carbs and or fat making up the bulk of calorie content.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »

While the statement " a calorie is a calorie" may be true, the effects on the body of one type of a single calorie can and usually is quite different than another type of calorie. Therefore a calorie is not a calorie when taking in account the effect it has on the body which is far more important than making the blanket statement that Adam likes to harp.

Calorie counting only works when adjusting your macros in such a way so a person stays full longer. Protein is best for this and is no secret. Low fat diets have always failed and always will. I person who eats low fat will always be hungry and can also be deficient in fat soluble vitamins.

Also, while all diets do boil down to calorie content I have proven thru out the years that a 2000 calorie diet based mainly on carbs and low fat content is not the same as a 2000 calorie diet that is comprised of mainly protein and fat with little carb content. This is largely, but not solely due to insulin response. Adam is of the opinion that a person needs very little protein. While it has been proven the protein keeps a person satisfied longer this would not be possible while consuming very little protein with mainly carbs and or fat making up the bulk of calorie content.

yes this is true, if it was not biochemistry would end at. calories are calories. The implicit effects of the seperate macronutrients on hormones cannot be understated. Also add to the fact that low carb diets reduce blood pressure and dyslipidemia, along with low fat diets reducing testosterone etc.. it's easy to make a case that body composition will be negatively effected.

If anyone is saying that calorie counting wont reduce both fat and fat free mass they are mistaken, caloric restriction will result in weight loss.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2010, 06:04:44 PM »

Low fat diets have always failed and always will. I person who eats low fat will always be hungry and can also be deficient in fat soluble vitamins.

You're probably talking about regular folks trying to lose weight, but FWIW the hardest, most ripped bodybuilders I have seen personally have always been those who subscribe to the extremely low fat diets. One guy wouldn't even eat oatmeal, replaced it with something else that had NO fats (forget what grain it was).:D Maybe they could have achieved the same level of rippedness by replacing some carbs with fat, or even going on keto diets, but they couldn't have gotten any leaner as they were as ripped as it gets. :D

Some of the most ripped guys who post on bodybuilding forums have been low fat, moderate carb guys as well. Take Alex Azarian, oatmeal with brown sugar as breakfast is one part I remember. Doesn't Chris Aceto also give mostly low fat diets to his pro clients? My point is that whatever insulin load you get from carbs don't seem to hamper fat loss. Insulin isn't something you should worry about if you're in a deficit.

While I'm not an advocate of zero fat, high carb diets necessarily (definitely need to supplement with fish oils at least if you do these diets), they seem to work for bodybuilding.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2010, 06:17:11 PM »
Alex Azarian, oatmeal with brown sugar

And beer too  :D

During my prep, especially during the hot summer, I would do this.. (at home i would bust out my cardio).. run downstairs... throw 2 coors lights in the freezer.. jump in the shower.. they would get nice and freezing cold, I would down those suckers, get a nice little buzz. Then my post cardio meal was usually 2 packs of maple and brown sugar oats and 8 oz of steak.. It is good!

This past year, i dropped the beer and oats and never got quite the same condition. Im going back to what worked for me for several years...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
And beer too  :D

Sure that is crazy shredded but make no mistake, that picture has been sharpened all way to hell and back.
from incomplete data

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2010, 06:22:55 PM »
Sure that is crazy shredded but make no mistake, that picture has been sharpened all way to hell and back.

Yeah I know. He is pretty ripped though.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2010, 06:39:19 PM »
You're probably talking about regular folks trying to lose weight, but FWIW the hardest, most ripped bodybuilders I have seen personally have always been those who subscribe to the extremely low fat diets. One guy wouldn't even eat oatmeal, replaced it with something else that had NO fats (forget what grain it was).:D Maybe they could have achieved the same level of rippedness by replacing some carbs with fat, or even going on keto diets, but they couldn't have gotten any leaner as they were as ripped as it gets. :D

Some of the most ripped guys who post on bodybuilding forums have been low fat, moderate carb guys as well. Take Alex Azarian, oatmeal with brown sugar as breakfast is one part I remember. Doesn't Chris Aceto also give mostly low fat diets to his pro clients? My point is that whatever insulin load you get from carbs don't seem to hamper fat loss. Insulin isn't something you should worry about if you're in a deficit.

While I'm not an advocate of zero fat, high carb diets necessarily (definitely need to supplement with fish oils at least if you do these diets), they seem to work for bodybuilding.

Yes I was talking about general "weight loss" and obese people. Although I will disagree with you about the most ripped people being on low fat diets and that is a whole other subject.

As far as Alex is concerned and no offense to him those pics are enhanced on purpose to make him look better IE more ripped grainier and deeper separation. Take a look at him on stage and you will see how he really looks.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2010, 06:54:46 PM »
Yea, Joker, I know. Here's a couple I saw in San Diego , Have yet to see one in a gym though

I carry 16 different types of vibration fitness units including the portable aerobic model.  A lot of gyms are buying it to add more variation and attract new people to sign up. 

http://www.caliberfitness.com/proshop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=69
A

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »
Yes! 

Very simple, if I burn X amount of calories daily all I need to do is cut calories to an amount less than X to lose fat.

How can you even argue with that?  ???

because it isnt that simple.

you will lose weight- not all of it will be fat, and the body leaves fat burning to the very last resort, so any initial loss will not be mostly fat.

however a calorie isnt a calorie as the body will spare what it can depending on the nutrient balance that it is currently in.

So if you have a high fat diet- i..e little carbs and little protein then a calorific deficit will burn fat, but it will not burn all the fat you're taking in, as it tends to store that. It will however not be able to replenish the existing carbs and proteins in your system so will instead result in burnt fat, and burnt carbs/protein.

since you're on low protein and carbs, then you will actually lose size and energy, resulting in a lower metabolism and even less fat burning, and more fat absorption.

on the other hand if you have a low fat diet, your body will preferentially burn proteins and carbs in an effort to store the fats. If you have a calorific deficit, you will burn those nutrients as well as some fats, but since you're on a low fat diet, you will actually end up reducing your fat stores over time, but yes you will burn the good calories. The difference is that by burning less fat, your metabolism will stay active as it requires more digestive action to break down the lower energy nutrients so thus will continue to burn more efficiently.

so although it is true that you will lose fat with a colorific deficit, you may actually be inputting more fat to replace it, and actually slowing your metabolism.

the thing that eveyrone has forgotten is also that this does not work as a static regimen.

the body again adapts to make use of the nutrient composition it is receiving. if it gets high protein then after a few weeks, it burns lots of protein as it attempts to find a balance. same for carbs, and not quite the same for fat- fat is actually stored as part of our survival mechanism. a high fat diet burns fat after a while, but also stores alot of it.

thats why a calorie isnt a calorie.

and thats why some skinny people have high fat %.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2010, 07:40:44 PM »

I Says the Duck.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #366 on: May 25, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »
I Says the Duck.

does this mean u accept the challenge to debate? this could possibly be the greatest getbig thread ever!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #367 on: May 25, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »

I carry 16 different types of vibration fitness units including the portable aerobic model.  A lot of gyms are buying it to add more variation and attract new people to sign up. 

http://www.caliberfitness.com/proshop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=69

Goodrum we don't want to know what you stick up your ass.  Keep this fitness related.  By, the way gyms are not buying these machines.  Rehab clinics and med facilities are.  Just like the Total Gym.  90% of those vibration machines don't do shit but shake the shit out of you.  For it to be beneficial it has to be at a certain speed or vibration or something like that.  Only the machines that offer a wide range of vibration are any good.  And they are way over priced
No Worries 4 me

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #368 on: May 25, 2010, 11:22:56 PM »

I never said "a calorie is a calorie" because it doesn't explain anything. Of course the statement is true (A = A) but obviously not every food has the exact same properties.

I disagree that low fat diets fail, many people use them successfully.

Regarding your last statement, metabolic ward studies clearly show that this is not the case. As long as protein is sufficient, fat vs. carb intake has no significant effect, neither on weight nor on body composition.

I think the satiety issue (convenience factor) must be separated from the essential factors when it comes to weight and body composition in order to know what really works.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #369 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:46 AM »
Goodrum we don't want to know what you stick up your ass.  Keep this fitness related.  By, the way gyms are not buying these machines.  Rehab clinics and med facilities are.  Just like the Total Gym.  90% of those vibration machines don't do shit but shake the shit out of you.  For it to be beneficial it has to be at a certain speed or vibration or something like that.  Only the machines that offer a wide range of vibration are any good.  And they are way over priced

No Keith, gyms are buying these machines.  I've sold 10 of them to different facilities in the past year if you actually knew anything, they would help you with your little "lack of oxygen problem" since it promotes better blood circulation.  I carry 19 different models including the Turbosonic Line so I have a pretty good spread of the home, rehab, and fitness market
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2010, 06:23:26 AM »
No Keith, gyms are buying these machines.  I've sold 10 of them to different facilities in the past year if you actually knew anything, they would help you with your little "lack of oxygen problem" since it promotes better blood circulation.  I carry 19 different models including the Turbosonic Line so I have a pretty good spread of the home, rehab, and fitness market
No one has Blue Stars now Vince since the site went down just fyi.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2010, 06:29:31 AM »
Funny story about the vibration plates.....we sold the Power Plate brand...$4k plus.....and it was always funny when women tried them out in the store....they loved them of course.

One day i was showing ellipticals to a guy who had his teenage daughters with him.  One was "advanced" for her age physically and insisted on trying the machine which was located by our front windows.  Two teen boy were walking by and just stopped and stared, slack jawed......the poor dad just looked at me with a "see what I go thru" look and told her to get off the machine.  Poor guy....hahaha

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2010, 07:23:52 AM »

Interesting.  If there is anyone who reads this and there is a vibration machine in their gym please post it.  Cause I don't think there are any here in Vegas or Hawaii.  And so you warehouse all these machines?  Or you just take the order and the company fullfil the order and you get a commission.
No Worries 4 me

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2010, 07:53:44 AM »
Interesting.  If there is anyone who reads this and there is a vibration machine in their gym please post it.  Cause I don't think there are any here in Vegas or Hawaii.  And so you warehouse all these machines?  Or you just take the order and the company fullfil the order and you get a commission.

I only keep the Powerfit brands in a warehouse because you have to purchase them by the pallet which is very inexpensive.  The Turbosonics are Factory Direct because they way too expensive.

Right now, I'm trying my luck in the Hemlock Wood Sauna market and I'm working with a deal from Luxu Saunas for their steam showers system to be sold by my company because I feel that they will be perfect for personal training studio owners to REALLY separate themselves from a regular gym.  It is a gorgeous piece of equipment that to bring clients back in a jiffy.   

Click below if you really want to see what I mean..

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEAM-SHOWER-SAUNA-WHIRLPOOL-HOT-TUB-MASSAGE-BATH-SPA-/290436849333?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439f629eb5
A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »

I only keep the Powerfit brands in a warehouse because you have to purchase them by the pallet which is very inexpensive.  The Turbosonics are Factory Direct because they way too expensive.

Right now, I'm trying my luck in the Hemlock Wood Sauna market and I'm working with a deal from Luxu Saunas for their steam showers system to be sold by my company because I feel that they will be perfect for personal training studio owners to REALLY separate themselves from a regular gym.  It is a gorgeous piece of equipment that to bring clients back in a jiffy.   

Click below if you really want to see what I mean..

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEAM-SHOWER-SAUNA-WHIRLPOOL-HOT-TUB-MASSAGE-BATH-SPA-/290436849333?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439f629eb5

Well I gotta tell you that steam shower combo thing is awesome. 
No Worries 4 me