Author Topic: Bob, Question 202 class  (Read 4571 times)

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Bob, Question 202 class
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 10:47:14 PM »
I love the 202 class. I believe even English or whoever else that drops weight for it is at a disadvantage next to a guy who built up to it. Lee Priest should be the next 202 champ if he enters.

I want to see the 202 champion pose off against the Olympia selection for the overall winner like in the old days. That way, we can truly have the very best directly compared and a true winner revealed.

But, isn't bodybuilding fixed?

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »
I love the 202 class. I believe even English or whoever else that drops weight for it is at a disadvantage next to a guy who built up to it. Lee Priest should be the next 202 champ if he enters.

I want to see the 202 champion pose off against the Olympia selection for the overall winner like in the old days. That way, we can truly have the very best directly compared and a true winner revealed.

But, isn't bodybuilding fixed?

Dude, a perfect 202 guy will always look worse than an 260lb. 90% percent guy only due to height
You Can't Do It!!!

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »
Dude, a perfect 202 guy will always look worse than an 260lb. 90% percent guy only due to height

Why does the 202 guy have to be short? I know, dumb question, but really, think about how it is supposed to be judged, and thus the overall winner should be scored based on an overall score that looks at more than just mass.

I mean, Arnold did not annihilate Franco did he?

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
Why does the 202 guy have to be short? I know, dumb question, but really, think about how it is supposed to be judged, and thus the overall winner should be scored based on an overall score that looks at more than just mass.

I mean, Arnold did not annihilate Franco did he?

Matter of fact he did....The reason why Franco won the short class
You Can't Do It!!!

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »
If we had a 22-and-under class this guy would be a 10x Olympia winner.

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 11:14:24 PM »
Matter of fact he did....The reason why Franco won the short class

Yeah, but he didn't crush him.

Look at 79 when Zane won the light class and Mentzer won heavies, and Zane won.

But, is bodybuilding fixed? I would think it would be behind the scenes since a Weider guy always wins (Greene will probably be 2010 champ).

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 04:37:02 AM »
I like the height idea too. I think that visually it's easier to compare guys of similar height than guys who may have totally different structures and heights, but all fit in the same weight class.

Also, we talk about how in bodybuilding it's not about how much you weigh or how much you can lift, but how you appear. Height is about appearance and fits in line with this thinking.

Pictures are wrong...Hide has said he is 5"5 not 5"8...

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »
 .but bob.. dont you think that it limits what a guys can do.. henry and english are at the limit as is jose.. so are they just supposed to maintain the same look year after year..? why not have a short class.. sorry but most guys in the top ten in the open class are over 5'8.. so why not a short class since essentially that is what it is but place no restrictions on it.. why the restrictions anyway? these are the pros.. we will eventually see the same package brought by henry and others show after show because of a silly weight limit.. it will get boring to say the least..

STILL WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT BOB THINKS.. and by the way i respect bob.. just trying to figure out the silly reasoning and limitations behind this class..

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »
.but bob.. dont you think that it limits what a guys can do.. henry and english are at the limit as is jose.. so are they just supposed to maintain the same look year after year..? why not have a short class.. sorry but most guys in the top ten in the open class are over 5'8.. so why not a short class since essentially that is what it is but place no restrictions on it.. why the restrictions anyway? these are the pros.. we will eventually see the same package brought by henry and others show after show because of a silly weight limit.. it will get boring to say the least..

STILL WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT BOB THINKS.. and by the way i respect bob.. just trying to figure out the silly reasoning and limitations behind this class..

No one is limited...ou can gain as much size and weight as you wish...in the Open class. Sky's the limit...if they think its in their best interest.

I would suggest to any 202 guy to move it up to the open if they think they've maxed themselves out..

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »
i understand what you are trying to say bob.. but the fact is these guys are usually too short to be very competitive.. so essentially they are stuck.. either they stay looking the same show after show because of a weight limit (which seems silly in a pro division) or venture into the open class and still not be competitive..

most will top out at 215 or so and still be hard pressed to be competitive against the big boys.. but having a short class would at least let them be compared to those of like height.. it just seems like we are "handicapping" the competitors to let others play catch up.. while others are hitting the ceiling of the weight class others are able to play catch up .. so essentially  we are wanting them all to weigh the same and be compared.. silly..

i have talked to two of the "big" guys in that division and both are stated the same thing.. they feel trapped a bit.. they cant be compared fairly in the open class (they feel hide has done well) but feel limited in the 202.. one stated that he did not want to be "training to maintain" the rest of his career but felt he might have to..

it seems it would be much more exciting to let these guys come in at the weight they feel is the best for them and let the chips fall where they may.. right now the class is limited and getting boring seeing many of these guys looking the same show after show..

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »
No one is limited...ou can gain as much size and weight as you wish...in the Open class. Sky's the limit...if they think its in their best interest.

I would suggest to any 202 guy to move it up to the open if they think they've maxed themselves out..

Come on Bob, you, I and everyone else knows they wouldn't be competitive.  This is why it should be height and not weight allowing them to put on more size while competing in this class and closing the competitive gap between the classes.