Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63783 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2010, 02:34:50 PM »
^^^good post...
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2010, 02:39:24 PM »
haha heres another time they found the ark...happens when ever they need to strum up some $$$

DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »

so (if you believe this ridiculous story)then you concede god is the biggest mass murderer ever...
DAWG

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »
Is there a biblical reason that they always think the ark is on mt Ararat? I thought the other discoveries here had been exposed as hoaxes. Why do they always look in this one spot?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
The problem with religions can be equated with the recent gay movement.  I don't care what you believe in or do behind closed doors, just keep that shit out of my face.  Problem is religious freaks are all around pushing their beliefs on you, just as gays are everywhere in the media showing off.  How many reality shows now have at least one gay person on it?  Every one.  They try to cover all demographics by having all whites, one black, maybe one asian and a gay person.

Do what you want, believe what you want, but don't try to convince me that what you do is better than what I do.  There's not such thing as an intelligent debate on religion with religious people.  All they do is get angry and spout hate at you and really have nothing to back them up other than a book written by people years after events supposedly happened.

How did christianity and islam get so big anyways?  From love?  From talking?  Neither, from war.  They invaded villages, cities, countries and forced it on you.  Believe or we'll kill you.  Nice fucking faiths.

The worst part is 90% of what religions preach today isn't what was originated but was adopted over time.  Rituals like praying, using prayer beads, having odd ceremonies.  Christians and muslims can't even agree within their own religion.  Southern baptists differ from catholics who differ from protestants etc... 

Even politics today mirror what religion has been doing for years.  Having you follow from fear and not belief. Fear the gov, fear the terrorist, fear this, fear that.  Americans are scared of their own fucking shadow today, just like the average religious freak is.  They are afraid of God, afraid of the devil. Scared to do anything that will not grant them in a place like heaven.  A place that no one has ever proved exists.

Shame on everyone. 

"Religion" is not what is right!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2010, 05:02:23 PM »
The great flood myths are very common around the bigger parts of africa, europe and asia. The origins of those myths are usually attributed to the flooding of great rivers like Tigris and the Nile. There is no evidence for a world wide flood.
Yeah but if the  wreckage was pure gopher wood, well then...

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2010, 05:26:56 PM »
Is there a biblical reason that they always think the ark is on mt Ararat? I thought the other discoveries here had been exposed as hoaxes. Why do they always look in this one spot?

yes it says

and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. Genesis 8:4

you can look it up directly http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%208:4&version=NIV

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »
The bleating would be coming from your end, as what you claim would be the equivalent of stating that you can't have free will at your place of employ, simply because you can't flagrantly continue to break certain company policies and still keep your job.

The bleating comes from brain dead mental sheep like yourself who can't accept reality with a bit of self esteem and confidence and instead dwell within the delusions created by insecurities and low self esteem.

Last time I checked, being employed also constituted of the company/boss/and job actually doing something for you.  You think anyone would work a job where they promised you would get all your paychecks after you died?  Well you probably would.  

Idiot.

When was the last time God rewarded in the here and now?

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2010, 05:28:03 PM »
I hope to find a talking snake one day.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »
I hope to find a talking snake one day.

many talking snakes around

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2010, 07:16:38 PM »
many talking snakes around

and Getbig is full of them.. pretty much 90% people in this thread..

except me
I am a mini beast

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2010, 06:38:14 AM »
The bleating comes from brain dead mental sheep like yourself who can't accept reality with a bit of self esteem and confidence and instead dwell within the delusions created by insecurities and low self esteem.

Reality is just fine! And accepting such is hardly a problem, especially when it comes to countering the utter foolishness that often comes from them lips of yours.

Last time I checked, being employed also constituted of the company/boss/and job actually doing something for you.  You think anyone would work a job where they promised you would get all your paychecks after you died?  Well you probably would.  

Since the blessings that come from the Lord are enjoyed by many Christians, as they live and breathe today, we can file this into yet another stupid and woefully inaccurate statement of yours, regarding the Christian faith. Nowhere is there a premise that Christians only benefit from obeying the Lord when they die.

When was the last time God rewarded in the here and now?

According to some folks I met at yesterday's prayer meeting, it's been within the last 7 days, at least. And, there are other Christians here, who will testify to such, as well.

Idiot.

You've found your bathroom mirror, I see!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »
The problem with religions can be equated with the recent gay movement.  I don't care what you believe in or do behind closed doors, just keep that shit out of my face.  Problem is religious freaks are all around pushing their beliefs on you, just as gays are everywhere in the media showing off.  How many reality shows now have at least one gay person on it?  Every one.  They try to cover all demographics by having all whites, one black, maybe one asian and a gay person.

Do what you want, believe what you want, but don't try to convince me that what you do is better than what I do.  There's not such thing as an intelligent debate on religion with religious people.  All they do is get angry and spout hate at you and really have nothing to back them up other than a book written by people years after events supposedly happened.

Have you seen all of the lovely rhetoric coming from the non-believers, here? In fact, just recently, another non-believer said something similar, regarding how people of faith can't seem to have a conversation without "insults". When I kindly reminded him of an insult he hurled at me, he changed his tune somewhat.

Many atheists here have belittled, insulted, called people names, cursed at others with religious belief, etc. But, when their targets don't whimper away and hit them with some criticism regarding their statements, they tend to get a bit sensitive about it.

Look at folks like STella. Has she been angry or spouted hate at you or any other skeptic/atheist here, despite some of the less-than-friendly barbs thrown her way, regarding her faith?

How did christianity and islam get so big anyways?  From love?  From talking?  Neither, from war.  They invaded villages, cities, countries and forced it on you.  Believe or we'll kill you.  Nice fucking faiths.

It appears you forget how the Christian faith got its roots and what they endured, during the Roman empire. And, I wouldn't harp on the war stuff if I were you. Or, must you be reminded of the atheistic regime that have piled up bodies by the MILLIONS (in a far shorter period of time) that religious wars couldn't match, if they were continued to this very day.

The worst part is 90% of what religions preach today isn't what was originated but was adopted over time.  Rituals like praying, using prayer beads, having odd ceremonies.  Christians and muslims can't even agree within their own religion.  Southern baptists differ from catholics who differ from protestants etc...  

Even politics today mirror what religion has been doing for years.  Having you follow from fear and not belief. Fear the gov, fear the terrorist, fear this, fear that.  Americans are scared of their own fucking shadow today, just like the average religious freak is.  They are afraid of God, afraid of the devil. Scared to do anything that will not grant them in a place like heaven.  A place that no one has ever proved exists.

Shame on everyone.  

Now, this is funny!! What then are we to make of the atheist "freak", who wets his pants, when he sees a cross at a cemetery? Who has a fit when a kid a school DARES to mention Jesus Christ during the Christmas season? Or some goof who sues about our nation's Pledge of Allegiance, on behalf of his daughter (of whom he doesn't even have sufficient custody and who, along with her mother, is a Christian anyway)? Or those bastions of security who sues over the name of a city, that happens to be named after three crosses?

Atheists continue to blubber (even though they supposedly won some 1,977 years ago) about someone they claim doesn't exist. And the Christians are the crazy ones?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2010, 07:02:52 AM »
Typical brain dead zealot splutterings to soothe the insecurities of themselves by spouting yet more nonsense and delusions.  The reason that Christianity is declining today is largely due in fact to Darwin filtering the stupid people out of the gene pool. 

Since it is God's Will that Obama is to be the POTUS, isn't the hypocrisy outstanding when you complain about Obama.  How dare you question God's Will. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2010, 07:14:29 AM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/802106--is-the-latest-noah-s-ark-discovery-a-fake?bn=1

oh to bad, i geuss the christians have more egg on there face. The fact that theya re liars makes it even worse. Wait til the full story emerges, it will be worse.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2010, 07:21:59 AM »
Typical brain dead zealot splutterings to soothe the insecurities of themselves by spouting yet more nonsense and delusions.  The reason that Christianity is declining today is largely due in fact to Darwin filtering the stupid people out of the gene pool.  

Christianity has been "declining" for two millienia. But, to the angst of skeptic blowhards, it's alive and well. And, the mush-mouthed musing of people like you are testament to that fact.

Wasn't Christianity supposed to be destroyed by Nero? By Diocletian? By the "Enlightenment Period"? By "science"?

Since it is God's Will that Obama is to be the POTUS, isn't the hypocrisy outstanding when you complain about Obama.  How dare you question God's Will.  

Notwithstanding the questionable claim of Obama's election being God's will, complaining about a President, lying his keister off, hardly falls under the realm of hypocrisy. Oh, I forgot, lying isn't that big of a deal, because it comes from the lips of Obama.....never mind.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2010, 07:27:20 AM »
Christianity has been "declining" for two millienia. But, to the angst of skeptic blowhards, it's alive and well. And, the mush-mouthed musing of people like you are testament to that fact.

Wasn't Christianity supposed to be destroyed by Nero? By Diocletian? By the "Enlightenment Period"? By "science"?

Notwithstanding the questionable claim of Obama's election being God's will, complaining about a President, lying his keister off, hardly falls under the realm of hypocrisy. Oh, I forgot, lying isn't that big of a deal, because it comes from the lips of Obama.....never mind.

you realize you are defending an irrational position by definition yet you believe others questioning talking snakes, 900 year old men is "mush mouthed". Does the fact that study after study shows atheists to be more moral and more intelligent bother you?

Does the fact that these christians carried shit up to the site to deceive people annoy you?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2010, 07:32:58 AM »
you realize you are defending an irrational position by definition yet you believe others questioning talking snakes, 900 year old men is "mush mouthed". Does the fact that study after study shows atheists to be more moral and more intelligent bother you?

Hardly!! the "study after study" simply produces belly laugh after belly laugh. Of course, when someone mentions a couple of those bastions of atheist morality (Stalin, Mao, etc), you get all "sensitive". But, that's another issue (that whole "fluid" morality thing).

Plus, the “mush-mouthed” comment is based on Lurker’s musing that, for the nth time, Christianity’s declining, it’s on the way out, it’s dying, blah, blah, blah…..the same mess atheists and anti-Christians have been clucking for TWO MILLENIA. They’ve come; they’ve gone; Christianity is STILL HERE!!

Does the fact that these christians carried shit up to the site to deceive people annoy you?

Nope!! People have been seeking the remnants of the Ark, in earnest, for years. As long as the search was legitimate and done honestly, I have no issue with them.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2010, 07:34:45 AM »
It appears you forget how the Christian faith got its roots and what they endured, during the Roman empire. And, I wouldn't harp on the war stuff if I were you. Or, must you be reminded of the atheistic regime that have piled up bodies by the MILLIONS (in a far shorter period of time) that religious wars couldn't match, if they were continued to this very day.

If it wasn't for Constantine choosing christianity over paganism hundreds of years ago the religion wouldn't exist.  Why did he pick it?  For the teachings?  For the meaning?  Neither.  At the time the christians outnumbered the pagans and he was a true politician and decided to go with christianity.

But you are correct that both sides of the coin of religious/atheist are some freaks and then there's those in the middle.

Just like gays.  There are ones that wants the whole world to know by shoving it in your face every chance they get (no homo).  Then there are those you've known for years and one day find out and you're like "wow, didn't know he was gay".  I don't need religious people trying to tell me how to live my life and I don't need politicians using religion for the bases of laws that they create trying to police me.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2010, 07:37:37 AM »
Hardly!! the "study after study" simply produces belly laugh after belly laugh. Of course, when someone mentions a couple of those bastions of atheist morality (Stalin, Mao, etc), you get all "sensitive". But, that's another issue (that whole "fluid" morality thing).

Plus, the “mush-mouthed” comment is based on Lurker’s musing that, for the nth time, Christianity’s declining, it’s on the way out, it’s dying, blah, blah, blah…..the same mess atheists and anti-Christians have been clucking for TWO MILLENIA. They’ve come; they’ve gone; Christianity is STILL HERE!!

Nope!! People have been seeking the remnants of the Ark, in earnest, for years. As long as the search was legitimate and done honestly, I have no issue with them.

morality has already been explained to you with animals exhibiting morality. You just wont accept it because you have the answer already, god is the only answer. Also, something can be on the decline yet still be here, your argument is completely illogical. Communism has declined yet its still here.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2010, 07:39:57 AM »
If it wasn't for Constantine choosing christianity over paganism hundreds of years ago the religion wouldn't exist.  Why did he pick it?  For the teachings? 

Oh, so the religion didn't exist for the centuries PRIOR to Constantine, when his predecessors were trying to destroy it (unsuccessfully, I might add).

For the meaning?  Neither.  At the time the christians outnumbered the pagans and he was a true politician and decided to go with christianity.

You mean, despite CENTURIES of guys like Nero, Diocletian, etc. killing and persecuting Christians, THEIR NUMBERS GREW??? Shut your mouth!!!

But you are correct that both sides of the coin of religious/atheist are some freaks and then there's those in the middle.

Just like gays.  There are ones that wants the whole world to know by shoving it in your face every chance they get (no homo).  Then there are those you've known for years and one day find out and you're like "wow, didn't know he was gay".  I don't need religious people trying to tell me how to live my life and I don't need politicians using religion for the bases of laws that they create trying to police me.

So, those laws about stealing, murdering, lying, bearing false witness (based on the Ten Commandments) get axed? You don't seem to have a problem with non-religious people (politicians or not) trying to tell you how to live your life. Go figure.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2010, 07:42:33 AM »
morality has already been explained to you with animals exhibiting morality. You just wont accept it because you have the answer already, god is the only answer. Also, something can be on the decline yet still be here, your argument is completely illogical. Communism has declined yet its still here.

But, it's not supposed to be here AT ALL. Nero, Diocletian, The "Enlightment period", "science", etc. were ALL SUPPOSED to spell the end of Christianity. It didn't happen. But, I guess, in light of that, skeptics will take what they can get; thus, they get all giddy when it's supposedly in decline.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2010, 07:46:47 AM »
Hardly!! the "study after study" simply produces belly laugh after belly laugh.

That would be because you are too delusional to understand it.  Reality doesn't change simply because you can't accept it.  Deal with that.

Are you denying Christianity is declining?  Yes or no.  Very simple question.  Are there more or less Christians in this nation than there were 10 years ago. 

And it hasn't been found because quite simply it does not exist.  Just like your fat man sitting on the cloud.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2010, 07:50:44 AM »

Notwithstanding the questionable claim of Obama's election being God's will,

Are you denying it?  Was it or was it not Gods Will that Obama is POTUS?  God is in charge of everything according to you freaks.  God already has our destiny mapped out and knows how it will turn out. 

Based on those irrational beliefs, God must have indeed selected Obama to become POTUS.

So why are you complaining?  Are you questioning God's Will?  Are you saying God made a mistake?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2010, 07:56:48 AM »
But, it's not supposed to be here AT ALL. Nero, Diocletian, The "Enlightment period", "science", etc. were ALL SUPPOSED to spell the end of Christianity. It didn't happen. But, I guess, in light of that, skeptics will take what they can get; thus, they get all giddy when it's supposedly in decline.

Modern science has revolutionized our understanding of the universe only in the last 100 or so years. Even more so in the last 25 years. Yes, religion is dying due to the fact we know more about how the universe works than ever before. There is no longer any need to use myth to explain things we can understand scientifically.