Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63821 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »
If it wasn't for Constantine choosing christianity over paganism hundreds of years ago the religion wouldn't exist.  Why did he pick it?  For the teachings?  For the meaning?  Neither.  At the time the christians outnumbered the pagans and he was a true politician and decided to go with christianity.

Funny thing is, that Jesus only became the Son Of God by Constantine (and a narrow vote) and not by God himself.  Jesus's Holiness was bestowed upon him not by a Supreme Being or Divine Spirit but by another mortal man.  Jesus was an ordinary man who happened to be a prophet, nothing more, nothing less.  The focal point of Christianity and it's leader didn't even come from the heavens, but from a political vote.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2010, 07:59:07 AM »

Modern science has revolutionized our understanding of the universe only in the last 100 or so years. Even more so in the last 25 years. Yes, religion is dying due to the fact we know more about how the universe works than ever before. There is no longer any need to use myth to explain things we can understand scientifically.

Then again look at all the other pagan beliefs that Christianity has copied parts from and see how long they lasted. 

It is declining simply because people as a whole are getting smarter and leaving foolish fables behind. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »
Horus = Jesus... Just about 12,000 years earlier.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »

That would be because you are too delusional to understand it.  Reality doesn't change simply because you can't accept it.  Deal with that.

Oh, I understand it. Hence the reason it's hysterical, as is your continue mush-moutheded musings.

Are you denying Christianity is declining?  Yes or no.  Very simple question.  Are there more or less Christians in this nation than there were 10 years ago.  

By sheer numbers, there are more Christians; by percentage it's less. That's due to our sheer population size.

And it hasn't been found because quite simply it does not exist.  Just like your fat man sitting on the cloud.

Gee, how many times have atheists made that statement, only to get burned once archaeological/historical evidence is found?

Besides, I'm not looking for a fat man sitting on a cloud (maybe you are; but that's your business).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2010, 08:06:35 AM »
Considering you can't even quote properly, I am not surprised to find you have a difficult time coping with reality.

Now I am going to have to request the "archaeological/historical evidence" that has burned atheists.  This should be good.   ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »
Funny thing is, that Jesus only became the Son Of God by Constantine (and a narrow vote) and not by God himself.  Jesus's Holiness was bestowed upon him not by a Supreme Being or Divine Spirit but by another mortal man.  Jesus was an ordinary man who happened to be a prophet, nothing more, nothing less.  The focal point of Christianity and it's leader didn't even come from the heavens, but from a political vote.  

Not even close!! Christians believe that Jesus was the Son of God, CENTURIES before Constantine was even born, much less emperor.

Jesus' disciples preach that, as did Paul, and 1st-century/2nd-century Christian leaders like Tertullian, Origen, etc.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2010, 08:14:42 AM »
Considering you can't even quote properly, I am not surprised to find you have a difficult time coping with reality.

That was due to an issue with my computer. What's your excuse? Believe me, under no circumstance would I intentionally saddle someone else with your bufoonery.

Now I am going to have to request the "archaeological/historical evidence" that has burned atheists.  This should be good.   ::)

Usually, I leave that to Loco, as he has his usual handy-dandy list queued up. But, one of my personal favorites happens to be a certain Babylonian ruler named Belshazzar, who supposedly didn't exist and was a figment of the Jews' imagination.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2010, 08:20:15 AM »

Modern science has revolutionized our understanding of the universe only in the last 100 or so years. Even more so in the last 25 years. Yes, religion is dying due to the fact we know more about how the universe works than ever before. There is no longer any need to use myth to explain things we can understand scientifically.

Modern science was supposed to have done that during the Enlightenment Period, hence putting an end to Christianity. It didn't happen.

And, since Christianity's occurence had nothing to do with attempting to explain how the universe works, scientific discovery will not cause its downfall.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2010, 08:25:49 AM »

Egyptian (Horus)

Born on December 25th
Born of a Virgin
Birth was accompanied by a star n the East
3 kings followed the star, and adorned him
was a prodigal teacher at age 12
started a ministry at age 30 when he was baptized
had 12 disciples
performed miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water
was also known as "the truth" "the light" "gods anointed son" "the lamb of god" "the good shepherd"
was betrayed
crucified
burried for 3 days
ressurected
dating 3000 years before jesus

Persian (Mithra)

born of a virgin
born on December 25th
12 disciples
performed miracles
dead for 3 days and was resurrected
referred to as "the truth" "the light"
Sacred day of worship for Mithra is Sunday
dating 900 years prior to Jesus

Indian (Krishna)

Born of a Virgin
Star in the East signaled birth
performed miracles
resurrected

Greek (Dionisus)

Born of a virgin
wandering nomad
performed miracles
Killed by enemies
resurrected by god

Phrygia (Attis)

born on December 25th of the Virgin Nana.
considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind.
His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers.
His priests were "eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven."
He was both the Divine Son and the Father.
On "Black Friday," he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth.
He descended into the underworld.
After three days, Attis was resurrected on March 25th (as tradition held of Jesus) as the "Most High God."
Attis was represented as a "a man tied to a tree, at the foot of which was a lamb, and, without doubt also as a man nailed to a tree..."
On March 22nd, a pine tree was felled and "an effigy of the god was affixed to it, thus being slain and hung on a tree..." Later the priests are supposed to have found Attis' grave empty.

Then Jesus came along... and just WHAT do you think his bio turned out to be?   ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2010, 08:28:42 AM »
Are you denying it?  Was it or was it not Gods Will that Obama is POTUS?  God is in charge of everything according to you freaks.  God already has our destiny mapped out and knows how it will turn out. 

I would say it was NOT. Much was it was not God's will for David to commit adultery with Bathsheba. But he did, anyway.

Based on those irrational beliefs, God must have indeed selected Obama to become POTUS.[/quote]

No, that is based on your fractured lack of comprehension. When you have free will, you can do things that are CONTRARY to God's will.

So why are you complaining?  Are you questioning God's Will?  Are you saying God made a mistake?

I've complained because Obama is limp-wristed fraud. And, O mush-mouthed one, I'm not questioning God's will (at least not on this issue) or claiming He made a mistake.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2010, 08:29:56 AM »
Our earliest human tribes, actual tribes proven to have existed and before the genisis story, worshiped the sun, moon, stars, entities and any other unexplainable phenomenons or events which they believed were of paranormal or "godly" doings. It still goes on today because for some reason man has to have some hope for something better than just the life of an organism that is part of Earth's evolution. We live we die and life goes on with or without us. Most people can't comprehend that and have to believe that there is more than that when really that's all it is.
But think of the most notable people in history. They've usually been either great leaders or dictators, or great scientists. These are really the only two types of people that have had major impacts on history. Many dictators and leaders used religion to scare the masses, and many scientists broke many "godlike" rules.
IMO, the religious don't want to feel like they've been duped (who does) after spending all their time, life and money on something that their parents or family got them involved in.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »
I would say it was NOT. Much was it was not God's will for David to commit adultery with Bathsheba. But he did, anyway.

No, that is based on your fractured lack of comprehension. When you have free will, you can do things that are CONTRARY to God's will.

So you are admitting that Free Will is more powerful than God.  Therefore that makes man more powerful than God.  Which isn't a surprise as God is a creation of man and not vice versa.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2010, 08:40:20 AM »
So you are admitting that Free Will is more powerful than God.  Therefore that makes man more powerful than God.  Which isn't a surprise as God is a creation of man and not vice versa.
This is a great point. If the "will of god" was for Obama to be president, then why are the religious against it?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »
MCWAY.

What is god?  Give me your definition, not what the bible says.  Also if God created earth.  Are we just his ant farm?  What's the point of outerspace and planets.  Did God create gravity and the stars.  Why?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »
Egyptian (Horus)

Born on December 25th
Born of a Virgin
Birth was accompanied by a star n the East
had 12 disciples
was also known as "the truth" "the light" "gods anointed son" "the lamb of god" "the good shepherd"
was betrayed
crucified
burried for 3 days
ressurected

Persian (Mithra)

born of a virgin
born on December 25th
12 disciples
performed miracles
dead for 3 days and was resurrected
referred to as "the truth" "the light"
Sacred day of worship for Mithra is Sunday
dating 900 years prior to Jesus

Indian (Krishna)

Born of a Virgin
Star in the East signaled birth
performed miracles
resurrected

Greek (Dionisus)

Born of a virgin
wandering nomad
performed miracles
Killed by enemies
resurrected by god

Phrygia (Attis)

born on December 25th of the Virgin Nana.
considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind.
His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers.
His priests were "eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven."
He was both the Divine Son and the Father.
On "Black Friday," he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth.
He descended into the underworld.
After three days, Attis was resurrected on March 25th (as tradition held of Jesus) as the "Most High God."
Attis was represented as a "a man tied to a tree, at the foot of which was a lamb, and, without doubt also as a man nailed to a tree..."
On March 22nd, a pine tree was felled and "an effigy of the god was affixed to it, thus being slain and hung on a tree..." Later the priests are supposed to have found Attis' grave empty.

Then Jesus came along... and just WHAT do you think his bio turned out to be?   ::)

When you have to resort to barfing up the same crap that Luke uses (and I’ve shredded), you have really hit ROCK BOTTOM.

Here we go again.

Egyptian (Horus)

Born on December 25th

NOPE!!! Nowhere in Scripture is Jesus said to be born Dec. 25th. You can thank Constantine for that one.

Born of a Virgin

Apparently, like Pres. Obama, you don’t read the subject matter, before making stupid statements. Isis, Horus’ mother was HARDLY A VIRGIN. She had sex with Osiris in the underworld (while she was a BIRD, for Pete’s sake) to conceive Horus.

Birth was accompanied by a star in the East

OOPS!! Try again

Jesus was found by wise men, NOT KINGS. And Scripture gives no exact number. Western Tradition cites the number at three. To top it all off, they don't find Him at birth, but around age TWO.

And the chapter and verse that has Jesus being an official teacher at 12 would be……

And, this ministry would be.....

had 12 disciples

was betrayed

The disciples claim is a bust, let alone there being twelve of them. He was betrayed...OOOOOOOH!! Who hasn't been. Even Luke isn't this pitiful....welll.....

crucified
burried for 3 days
ressurected

Crucified? I don’t think so!! In fact, most we hear about him is that he loses an eye against Seth.

I supposed I shouldn't bring up that Attis was also a product of a deity getting his freak on the sneak (his mama wasn't a "virgin" either), or the fact that Dec. 25 doesn't mean a hill of beans either, with regards to him.

Or that Attis dies by chopping off his own nuts, out of lust for his own mama. Or the minor fact that, despite her pleading (and that of Attis worshippers) ATTIS DOES NOT RISE FROM THE DEAD!!! (his finger wiggles indefinitely and some hair keeps growing).

Again, when you resort to this, you've really hit the skids.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2010, 08:46:05 AM »
This is a great point. If the "will of god" was for Obama to be president, then why are the religious against it?

Try asking McWacky that and getting a clear answer.  Instead you will get spinning, spouting, spoofing and spluttering.

Didn't you KNOW????  Gods Will only applies to thing that are in their favor.   ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2010, 08:47:30 AM »
I said this a long time ago. You can even do it like this: Ra, Zeus=God, Horus, Hercules=son of God, and had to go through trials and tribulations on earth before entrance to "respective" heavens. But Horus was the son of Osiris, not Ra, Osiris was the son of Ra....so they cut out the middle man.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
When you have to resort to barfing up the same crap that Luke uses (and I’ve shredded), you have really hit ROCK BOTTOM.

Here we go again.

NOPE!!! Nowhere in Scripture is Jesus said to be born Dec. 25th. You can thank Constantine for that one.

Apparently, like Pres. Obama, you don’t read the subject matter, before making stupid statements. Isis, Horus’ mother was HARDLY A VIRGIN. She had sex with Osiris in the underworld (while she was a BIRD, for Pete’s sake) to conceive Horus.

OOPS!! Try again

Jesus was found by wise men, NOT KINGS. And Scripture gives no exact number. Western Tradition cites the number at three. To top it all off, they don't find Him at birth, but around age TWO.

And the chapter and verse that has Jesus being an official teacher at 12 would be……

The disciples claim is a bust, let alone there being twelve of them. He was betrayed...OOOOOOOH!! Who hasn't been. Even Luke isn't this pitiful....welll.....

Crucified? I don’t think so!! In fact, most we hear about him is that he loses an eye against Seth.

Earlier on I told you that 90% of what's practiced today was never the origin of the religion but man's spin on it and you told me to shut my mouth.  But then you argue that all of these points about 3 wise men, Dec 25th, jesus's birth was made up shit.

Make up your mind.  That's what my point is.  Most of what people follow today as religion is made up shit and not the  way the religion was intended or designed.  man put his spin on things over centuries that have become more of a tradition than religion.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »

Here we go again.

OOPS!! Try again

Thank you for proving my point perfectly and exposing yourself - like all Christians - as an utter hypocrite.

You can try to knock other religions and Gods and expose contradictions in their beliefs, but when someone does the same to your little insecurity crutch system, you turn on the tears and start whining and pouting.

Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25th?  No!!! You don't say?   But.. but.. but... that is what the Christians claim and celebrate.  And if they are celebrating and believing one thing that is wrong and you admit to, then how many other things are wrong that they are blindly following?  Hint : Tons.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »
Earlier on I told you that 90% of what's practiced today was never the origin of the religion but man's spin on it and you told me to shut my mouth.  But then you argue that all of these points about 3 wise men, Dec 25th, jesus's birth was made up shit.

Make up your mind.  That's what my point is.  Most of what people follow today as religion is made up shit and not the  way the religion was intended or designed.  man put his spin on things over centuries that have become more of a tradition than religion.

The claim was that Jesus was copied from Horus. A simple examination of the two shows that they barely match in any way shape or form.

If someone said that I was copied from you and examined our respective accounts on our lives, to find that virtually NONE of the details match, how would you react?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »
The claim was that Jesus was copied from Horus. A simple examination of the two shows that they barely match in any way shape or form.

If someone said that I was copied from you and examined our respective accounts on our lives, to find that virtually NONE of the details match, how would you react?

You aren't answering my post.  I don't give a shit about Horus.  I'm asking you about the fallacies that people follow today about Christianity and was is taught by the church vs. the origination of the actual religion.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »

He told you to shut up because he couldn't handle the truth.

It is like someone doing a cover of an old song.  You can point out it is nothing but a rehash of something else that already existed and the fanatics will claim otherwise saying "oh, but it's a different singer and it has a 3-2-2 tempo, not a 3-1-2 tempo, and the chorus line is not a choir anymore but a singular hook", and blah blah blah....

It's the same shit.  When you have to resort to such excuses to justify in believing something, it is a sure fire indication that deep down you don't believe it much yourself or either you are very very very stupid and actually do.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2010, 08:57:06 AM »
You aren't answering my post. 

LOL!!!  Having a direct and logical conversation with Christians is like trying to nail jelly to the wall. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »
Thank you for proving my point perfectly and exposing yourself - like all Christians - as an utter hypocrite.

What I've prove is that, as is too often the case, you have little clue about what you speak.

You can try to knock other religions and Gods and expose contradictions in their beliefs, but when someone does the same to your little insecurity crutch system, you turn on the tears and start whining and pouting.

WRONG!! I take their accusations, analyze them, and cut them up using the actual facts of the matter.

Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25th?  No!!! You don't say?   But.. but.. but... that is what the Christians claim and celebrate.  And if they are celebrating and believing one thing that is wrong and you admit to, then how many other things are wrong that they are blindly following?  Hint : Tons.

You made the boneheaded claim that Jesus was copied from the other figures, which is patently false. And, you didn't do that to make a point. You "blindly" followed some claptrap that another skeptic poster is notorious for copying and pasting.

Many Christians know Jesus wasn't born Dec. 25. The date assigned to honor His birth simply stuck out of tradition. If there's something that Christians are supposedly blindly following, then it's brought up and discussed accordingly.

Unfortunately, for the skeptic bunch, the lion's share of their accusations are as hollow as a bag of Cheetos (as just as easy to crush). And, your pitiful posturing is a prime example of such.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »
What I've prove is that, as is too often the case, you have little clue about what you speak.

WRONG!! I take their accusations, analyze them, and cut them up using the actual facts of the matter.

You made the boneheaded claim that Jesus was copied from the other figures, which is patently false. And, you didn't do that to make a point. You "blindly" followed some claptrap that another skeptic poster is notorious for copying and pasting.

Many Christians know Jesus wasn't born Dec. 25. The date assigned to honor His birth simply stuck out of tradition. If there's something that Christians are supposedly blindly following, then it's brought up and discussed accordingly.

Unfortunately, for the skeptic bunch, the lion's share of their accusations are as hollow as a bag of Cheetos (as just as easy to crush). And, your pitiful posturing is a prime example of such.

BINGO!  Now you are talking rational.  90% of what people follow today as religion in Christianity, Judaism, Islam is tradition and not actual relgion.