Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63794 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #425 on: May 04, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »
This supposition is due to a common misconception, based on the theory of human and societal evolution, that ancient peoples were not advanced enough for such a seemingly massive responsibility.
I doubt it was a theory. Back then even herders didn't have more than 1,000 animals at a time.

Much time would have been saved in the care of animals if laborsaving devices had been incorporated into the design of the ark. In reality most of the animals would have required very little if any care once loaded onto the ark. With the proper technology Noah could have built self-sustaining cage and confinement systems that would have required little human attention. And even without the proper technology, Noah had God to guide him.
I believe this is a reach here. The technologies spoken of were from Egyptians primarily at the time. Why did god "bestow" this knowledge to them know full well they would use it and pay homage to other gods? Again this is assuming that the technology at the time was available.

The ark likely made use of self-feeding, self-watering and self-cleaning technologies. Such laborsaving designs were fairly common knowledge in the ancient world.
How did the carnivors self feed? They needed to eat fresh meat daily, which would mean more than 2 of each animal had to have been brought aboard.

Food could have been preloaded into a chute or container on the side of the cages, enabling the animals to self-feed. Enough food would have been loaded into the chutes to last for long periods of time. Extra food would have been located in overhead bins or nearby. This same technique is used today in the animal industry to increase labor efficiency. This would have greatly reduced the time needed to feed the various animals.
Again this might work for grain fed animals, but not the carnivors.

Water could have been piped to self-filling bowls or troughs. The water could have been gathered through a rainwater cistern system or might have been preloaded before the Flood. Ancient people commonly made indoor pipes from reeds, baked clay and bamboo tubing.
Lol, if it rained for 40 days and nights, I wouldn't think water would have to be stored.

The ark was not a floating zoo. Animals kept in a zoo require much room, specialized food and individual attention. The ark was an emergency vessel built by Noah under God's special and specific guidance.
Though not a floating zoo, the animals still had to be taken care of with decent attention since they were considered (according to the story) the LAST of their kind. If an animal got sick, which in zoo's is a very common, unless the right attention and care was done, the animals could die.

It was more in keeping with the conditions found in modern animal laboratories or mass production animal factories, which are crowded but relatively clean environments.
Mass produced species of animals are of usually one type. Chicken farm, cattle farm, etc. We're talking ALL of the animals who don't eat, sleep, excrete, etc. the same at all.

It is possible that many animals, which are not considered classic hibernators, have the latent ability to greatly lower their metabolic rates (Terry Vaughan, Mammalogy, 1986, pp. 421, 469-471). Such lowered metabolic rates can be brought on by several factors including temperature fluctuations, unavailability of food and water, variability of light and other environmental stimuli.

Many rodent and small mammals go into torpor during the course of their daily cycle. During this torpor animals do not eat, drink or produce any waste. Although the ark's crew could have cared for all the animals, this need would have been greatly reduced if some of the ark's inhabitants had either hibernated or gone into torpor.

When all the facts are considered, the crew of the ark could have cared for thousands of animals. Data from animal husbandry studies have shown that a few people can care for tens of thousands of animals (John Owen, Cattle Feeding, 1983, p. 101; E.C. Miller and E.F. Hodges, "One Man Feeds 5,000 Cattle or 60,000 Broilers," 1970 Yearbook of Agriculture (USA), p. 57).[/i]
Again we speaking here of 1 kind of species. If all the animals on the ark were cattle, I'd probably believe this. But they weren't. Different diets, and different animals. So to say that being able to feed the animals like they do cattle would be wrong.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #426 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »
*YAWN*

But that wasn't my question.  I was not asking anything about whether there was a flood or not.  Or whether the ark blah blah blah... whatever.

Hell, for the sake for argument I will give you that there was a flood and Noah built an ark.

My question is where is the proof this flood was caused by God.  Very simple question.  Yet as the tard you are, you can't seem to understand it. 

Listen to what you just said. Why exactly would Noah be building an Ark, to survive a flood, as opposed to simply fleeing for higher grounds, as is typically done?

The simple answer would be that he had warning IN ADVANCE of the scale and magnitude of such a disaster and ample time to make such preparations. Take a wild guess as to how he got such notice, to build something of that size to last for that duration.

Once again, your question has been answered and once again, it's the simple things that zip right over your cranium.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #427 on: May 04, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »
I doubt it was a theory. Back then even herders didn't have more than 1,000 animals at a time.
I believe this is a reach here. The technologies spoken of were from Egyptians primarily at the time. Why did god "bestow" this knowledge to them know full well they would use it and pay homage to other gods? Again this is assuming that the technology at the time was available.
How did the carnivors self feed? They needed to eat fresh meat daily, which would mean more than 2 of each animal had to have been brought aboard.
Again this might work for grain fed animals, but not the carnivors.
Lol, if it rained for 40 days and nights, I wouldn't think water would have to be stored.
Though not a floating zoo, the animals still had to be taken care of with decent attention since they were considered (according to the story) the LAST of their kind. If an animal got sick, which in zoo's is a very common, unless the right attention and care was done, the animals could die.
Mass produced species of animals are of usually one type. Chicken farm, cattle farm, etc. We're talking ALL of the animals who don't eat, sleep, excrete, etc. the same at all.
Again we speaking here of 1 kind of species. If all the animals on the ark were cattle, I'd probably believe this. But they weren't. Different diets, and different animals. So to say that being able to feed the animals like they do cattle would be wrong.

That's why I'm still looking for my book. It goes into far more detail, regarding those very questions you just asked (and more).

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #428 on: May 04, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
Listen to what you just said. Why exactly would Noah be building an Ark, to survive a flood, as opposed to simply fleeing for higher grounds, as is typically done?

The simple answer would be that he had warning IN ADVANCE of the scale and magnitude of such a disaster and ample time to make such preparations. Take a wild guess as to how he got such notice, to build something of that size to last for that duration.

Once again, your question has been answered and once again, it's the simple things that zip right over your cranium.
LOL. You can't even be definitive, can you!? Just answer the question.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #429 on: May 04, 2010, 11:36:49 AM »
LOL. You can't even be definitive, can you!? Just answer the question.

I see the lack of reading comprehension is catching. The same entity that sent the Flood would be the same One who gave Noah instructions on how to survive such a Flood.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #430 on: May 04, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
I see the lack of reading comprehension is catching. The same entity that sent the Flood would be the same One who gave Noah instructions on how to survive such a Flood.
Still not definitive.  ;)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #431 on: May 04, 2010, 11:41:54 AM »

If God was able to intervene and create a flood, then why couldn't god save the animals?  Why did he start the flood?  To purge the world?  What about fishes?  If the world filled up with fresh water how did the ocean animals survive.  You just can't take a salt water fish out of the ocean and plop it in a lake and think it would survive.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #432 on: May 04, 2010, 11:45:30 AM »
If God was able to intervene and create a flood, then why couldn't god save the animals?  Why did he start the flood? 

Dramatic effect.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #433 on: May 04, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »
Dramatic effect.
Couldn't he just CGI it?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #434 on: May 04, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »

That has nothing to do with what I asked.

My question has nothing to do with Noah.
My question has nothing to do with the ark.
My question has nothing to do with the actual flood itself.

I am asking for proof that God commanded a flood and not Mother Nature.  Where is proof?  Hell, he could have been like most old people and had an itchy knee before a storm came for all anyone knows.  It is said God sent the flood.  I want to see some proof that God was behind this.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: May 04, 2010, 12:34:01 PM »
The same entity that sent the Flood

Proof that this Supreme Being caused the flood and not Mother Nature is located where?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: May 04, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
If God was able to intervene and create a flood, then why couldn't god save the animals?  Why did he start the flood?  To purge the world?  What about fishes?  If the world filled up with fresh water how did the ocean animals survive.  You just can't take a salt water fish out of the ocean and plop it in a lake and think it would survive.

Maybe he already killed off all the fishes with that meteor that he sent crashing into Earth much earlier when he got tired of those pesky dinosaurs and decided they needed to be killed off.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #437 on: May 04, 2010, 12:39:11 PM »
I myself would just like to know where all that water came from. God's teapot?
from incomplete data

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #438 on: May 04, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
You guys arguing with McBible are wasting your time, he never has anything concrete to post  except 'faith' and 'because god said so' there's a thread in the religion section of this board that's grown to almost 20 pages of nonsense with his dribble.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: May 04, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
You guys arguing with McBible are wasting your time, he never has anything concrete to post  except 'faith' and 'because god said so' there's a thread in the religion section of this board that's grown to almost 20 pages of nonsense with his dribble.

Because like most religious nuts she is too stupid to realize that she has been whipped and exposed and instead of offering anything of substance to the discussion, she instead resorts to trying to pass anecdotal bullshit off as facts.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #440 on: May 04, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »
Maybe he already killed off all the fishes with that meteor that he sent crashing into Earth much earlier when he got tired of those pesky dinosaurs and decided they needed to be killed off.

Aren't dinosaurs fabricated by the Jews?  Wasn't that a simpsons episode?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #441 on: May 04, 2010, 01:00:23 PM »
or vice versa. Fresh water fish being thrown into salty water, not to mention dramatic differences in water temp.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #442 on: May 04, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »
Why exactly would Noah be building an Ark, to survive a flood, as opposed to simply fleeing for higher grounds, as is typically done?

But the bible was written after the flood, so couldn't the story be made to fit a sequence of previous events?
We have a much higher chance now of perishing as a species from a meteor or comet hit, rather than a flood. How have we prepped for this? Is there someone out there now who has been commanded by god to take up this task?
Any preps made now are done by scientists, which by majority are non believers in god or any entity. In fact without the non believer scientists, we wouldn't have the information of cosmic events that are currently happening.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #443 on: May 04, 2010, 01:16:56 PM »
That has nothing to do with what I asked.

My question has nothing to do with Noah.
My question has nothing to do with the ark.
My question has nothing to do with the actual flood itself.

I am asking for proof that God commanded a flood and not Mother Nature.  Where is proof?  Hell, he could have been like most old people and had an itchy knee before a storm came for all anyone knows.  It is said God sent the flood.  I want to see some proof that God was behind this.

Mother Nature is not going to give advance warning for a flood of that magnitude, let alone provide one man and his family specific instructions on how to what to build to survive such a catastrophe and how to build it, whose dimensions just happen to be made for stability.

Yet, that's what we have for Noah and the Ark: A Divine warning, specific instructions on how to survive a massive catastrophe, what to store, how to store, etc.

You guys arguing with McBible are wasting your time, he never has anything concrete to post  except 'faith' and 'because god said so' there's a thread in the religion section of this board that's grown to almost 20 pages of nonsense with his dribble.

Wrong again!! At no time have I made the statement about just "faith" or simply "because God said so", hence the reason I provided the links and references that I did.

Because like most religious nuts she is too stupid to realize that she has been whipped and exposed and instead of offering anything of substance to the discussion, she instead resorts to trying to pass anecdotal bullshit off as facts.

Hardly!!! I've offered the substance. The fact that you've had to resort to calling me a girl (perhaps in an effort to mask your Brokeback tendencies....not that there's anything wrong with that) pretty much states how empty your rhetoric has become....or continues to be.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #444 on: May 04, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »
But the bible was written after the flood, so couldn't the story be made to fit a sequence of previous events?

That could be said about the other references to the Flood as well; yet the Genesis account has the most level of detail, even more than the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh, from which the Genesis account was supposedly copied.

We have a much higher chance now of perishing as a species from a meteor or comet hit, rather than a flood. How have we prepped for this? Is there someone out there now who has been commanded by god to take up this task?

Any preps made now are done by scientists, which by majority are non believers in god or any entity. In fact without the non believer scientists, we wouldn't have the information of cosmic events that are currently happening.

If a meteor or comet hit this planet, there's not a darn thing any scientists can do about it. At best, they can simply observe and predict.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #445 on: May 04, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
MCWAY I have this friend that is really interested in middle eastern/egyptian mythology and he would like to learn more about this flood. Do you have any links with empirical evidence proving that this flood happened? He'd appreciate it a whole lot.
from incomplete data

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #446 on: May 04, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
Mother Nature is not going to give advance warning for a flood of that magnitude, let alone provide one man and his family specific instructions on how to what to build to survive such a catastrophe and how to build it, whose dimensions just happen to be made for stability.

Yet, that's what we have for Noah and the Ark: A Divine warning, specific instructions on how to survive a massive catastrophe, what to store, how to store, etc.

Wrong again!! At no time have I made the statement about just "faith" or simply "because God said so", hence the reason I provided the links and references that I did.

Hardly!!! I've offered the substance. The fact that you've had to resort to calling me a girl (perhaps in an effort to mask your Brokeback tendencies....not that there's anything wrong with that) pretty much states how empty your rhetoric has become....or continues to be.

Links to what !? LOL references from the bible ?!?! why don't you provide us with some evidence, hard facts, proof of concept, etc.

where is the proof to your god existing or ever having existed !?!? a storybook written 2,000 years ago by simpleton's ?!!?

show me that a god exists (and don't say look at the world around you, that's evolution)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #447 on: May 04, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »
Why did God allow the flood in the first place? 

Don't know but If someone believes this fairytale they concede he's the biggest mass murderer the world has ever known...
DAWG

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #448 on: May 04, 2010, 02:26:44 PM »
Don't know but If someone believes this fairytale they concede he's the biggest mass murderer the world has ever known...

exactly ! in the bible Satan was said to have killed 10 people and God the whole-fucking-planet hahahahahaha whose the bad guy?  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #449 on: May 04, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »
God does things because it is his pleasure to do so. Plus, I'd wager the statute of limitations has long expired on this one. Or the trouble you'd have to go to to get a process server willing to hit God with a summons? And what jurisdiction to try Him in!? And you'd better believe God would drag the proceedings on into eternity. Be a logistical nightmare.