Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 62902 times)

marty31672

• Getbig IV
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
also, if adam and eve were the first two humans how did they populate the earth, wouldnt it be incest? wouldnt there offspring have to have sex with each other in order to produce offspring?

good times, this religion.

regardless of religion thats the way it would have to happen

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2010, 10:27:55 PM »
the wood could of rotted and decomposed into the earth
its not like they had a way to water proof the boats back then

Not exactly true marty...

Thompson's water seal has been on the market for a long time... ;D

However, wood could have been preserved like Insects of years gone by in amber, etc..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »
I know most of Chuck Misslers reasearch, can you find that?

www.khouse.com

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »
Sorry, I meant khouse.org
I've heard him speak many times at my church and sons school.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »
Sorry, I meant khouse.org
I've heard him speak many times at my church and sons school.

How many hours per week do you dedicate to church, Functions, Activities, etc?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:58 PM »
 Christianity is a horrible thing.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2010, 11:08:19 PM »

Yes i agree...

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2010, 11:10:41 PM »
This is the understatement of the whole entire timeline of the universe.

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2010, 11:26:24 PM »
Which Ark finding is this? They say it is found or has been found for a long time.

Someone should build a replica and stash it somewhere for the lulz.

The monumental task of capturing every animal on the face of the Earth should make you a bit skeptical, but 2 of them should make you see BS. It is a nice story, but c'mon. Unless god had them all march into the arch ala the Lion King or something.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2010, 01:33:14 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2010, 02:36:06 AM »
**********NEWSFLASH**************

B-52 bomber,found on the moon !!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2010, 02:38:17 AM »
I'm glad they found Noah's arcade,  now I can bust a move where the games are fresh. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2010, 02:49:29 AM »
Which Ark finding is this? They say it is found or has been found for a long time.

Someone should build a replica and stash it somewhere for the lulz.

The monumental task of capturing every animal on the face of the Earth should make you a bit skeptical, but 2 of them should make you see BS. It is a nice story, but c'mon. Unless god had them all march into the arch ala the Lion King or something.
Every known animal at that time in that region. And since most animals are subspecies, it's narrows it down immensely.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2010, 03:05:17 AM »
Picture of Jesus found at the base of one of the pyramids. Dated about 2000 years old using carbon dating.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2010, 05:03:31 AM »
exactly...Bigger than any boat ever made...bigger than an aircraft carrier...

But it's all moot...If you are delusional enough to think a guy lived for hundreds & hundreds and hundreds of years building said boat...well...There's no point in continuing any conversation on the subject because logic has already been thrown out the window...

Who claimed that the Ark was bigger than an aircraft carrier, or any boat ever made?

The Ark's dimensions were 300 cubits (length) X 50 cubits (breadth/width) X 30 cubits (height). With the average cubit being a foot an and half, that's roughly 450 ft long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. Compared to more modern ships, the Ark was hardly "bigger than any boat ever made". The Queen Mary was over 1100 ft long; the Titanic exceeded 800 ft in length.

Are you now going to claim that ancient men could not build a vessel 450 ft long (notwithstanding the fact that the Ark was not a "boat" in the purest sense, because it was not meant to be navigated in water)?

ha ha...so you have some cat living for 900 years building a boat so big that even with todays modern technology would be near impossible...then gathering two of however you want to word it into said boat.then it rains simultaneously all over the entire world...And people wonder why they get laughed at for believing such drivel...

Let's see!! Ark: 450ft x 75ft x 45 ft; Titanic: 883ft x 93ft x 175 ft.  Got any more foolishness to spout?

That's L Dawg for you, running his mouth with nary a clue as to what he speaks.....slapstick at its best.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2010, 05:10:53 AM »
Every known animal at that time in that region. And since most animals are subspecies, it's narrows it down immensely.

so it was just a 900 year old dude and his dog...the story got blown out of proportion a bit then...That makes sense now...maybe on a boat the size of my Lincoln continental huh...
DAWG

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2010, 05:14:34 AM »
Let's stop all this nonsense. Here's how it actually went down:

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2010, 05:20:48 AM »
who would have thought humans in the 2000s with so much information available to them could still attach themselves to this bullshit
it's a bodybuilding forum don't get your expectations too high   ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2010, 05:28:32 AM »
so it was just a 900 year old dude and his dog...the story got blown out of proportion a bit then...That makes sense now...maybe on a boat the size of my Lincoln continental huh...

I don't recall Noah being 900 years old, when the Ark was built. Geez, you would think someone flapping his beak about this in such a matter would actually know about what he speaks.

OOOPS!!! What am I saying? This is L Dawg.....never mind.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 05:33:37 AM »
If you think the Ark was real you are a complete dumbass with no sense of reality. All the animals in the world on one boat in a few days. LOL. Keep christianing it up. Their trick is working you silly fool.

You will not trick me, Lucifer!

Nomad_Warrior

• Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 05:36:37 AM »
i have nothing against those that believe..BUT THE ARK DOES NOT EXIST.. this claim has gone on for over 100 years.. each year someone claims that they actually went inside it and look around.. yet no photos of the inside emerge.. and when turkey sends those to substantiate the claim it cant be found..  if it existed it would be the biggest find in history and turkey would be rolling in the tourists.. yet they dont even believe it..

This is a good point, and in fact, Turkey is no stranger to claiming to posses biblical artifacts for the sake of tourism profit.  I went on a tour of Topkapi palace, (the old sultans palace) in Istanbul and they have all these crazy artifacts such, Mohamad's beard in a gold box, John the Baptist's arm in an enjeweled case, and even Moses's staff, just sitting behind a glass case.  There were Turkish dudes with big machine guns gaurding all of this shit and the whole time I was thinking. "who verifies the authenticity of these artifiacts?".  It all seemed liked a big scam to me...did I mention it cost $20 to get in, and all photography was strictly prohibited.  In fact they even checked my digital camera on the way after I tried to snap a sneak shot of Moses's staff....My point is, if there was any validity at all to this Ark thing, the Turkish tourism council would be all over that like Devilsmile on a 15 year old.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 05:45:44 AM »
If you think the Ark was real you are a complete dumbass with no sense of reality. All the animals in the world on one boat in a few days. LOL. Keep christianing it up. Their trick is working you silly fool.

Nowhere is the claim made that all the animals in the world were on one boat in a few days. So, if you're looking for a silly fool, locate the nearest reflective surface and your search ends.

And, as was mentioned earlier, since several ancient cultures (many nowhere near each other geographically) have in the history that, at some point in this planet's history, life was destroyed on it via a global flood with only a handful of people surviving by building a vessel and storing themselves and animals on it, there's no trick involved. You're simply late to the party.

It is actually very believable there was a world wide flood.  Practically every culture recounts a story of it in some manner or other.  How could all these cultures be telling the same story even though they are separated by language barriers, regional barriers, etc.....

For there are many descriptions of the remarkable event [referring to the Genesis Flood]. Some of these have come from Greek historians, some from the Babylonian records; others from the cuneiform tablets, and still others from the mythology and traditions of different nations, so that we may say that no event has occurred either in ancient or modern times about which there is better evidence or more numerous records, than this very one which is so beautifully but briefly described in the sacred Scriptures. It is one of the events which seems to be familiar to the most distant nations—in Australia, in India, in China, in Scandinavia, and in the various parts of America. It is true that many look upon the story as it is repeated in these distant regions, as either referring to local floods, or as the result of contact with civilized people, who have brought it from historic countries, and yet the similarity of the story is such as to make even this explanation unsatisfactory.” - Stephen D. Peet, “The Story of the Deluge,” American Antiquarian, Vol. 27, No. 4, July–August 1905.

Interestingly enough, the ancient Chinese word for "boat" is comprised of three characters that literally translate as "eight-mouth-vessel" (with "mouth", meaning a mouth to feed).

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2010, 06:26:46 AM »
it's amazing that in the age of reason some people would assign any credibility to such a story - by the way I've got some land you might like to buy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2010, 06:32:43 AM »
it's amazing that in the age of reason some people would assign any credibility to such a story - by the way I've got some land you might like to buy.

No thanks! I have my own!!!

What "age of reason"? A bunch of atheists, who simply become more belligerrent (and, at times, boneheaded), hardly classifies as an "age of reason".

The fact remains that, across the globe, in cultures past and present, we have a universal consensus that, at some point in this planet's history, there was a global catastrophe, a flood, which destroyed life as we know it on this planet, excluding a handful of survivors, who built a vessels carrying animals on it (which is hardly the way one commonly seeks to survive an oncoming deluge).

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2010, 06:51:30 AM »
No thanks! I have my own!!!

What "age of reason"? A bunch of atheists, who simply become more belligerrent (and, at times, boneheaded), hardly classifies as an "age of reason".

The fact remains that, across the globe, in cultures past and present, we have a universal consensus that, at some point in this planet's history, there was a global catastrophe, a flood, which destroyed life as we know it on this planet, excluding a handful of survivors, who built a vessels carrying animals on it (which is hardly the way one commonly seeks to survive an oncoming deluge).
So prove it empirically. Right here. Right now.